Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

To the Nigerian Princes! Thank you. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / To the Nigerian Princes! Thank you. (356 Views)

Peruzzi Accused Of Rape By Princes Jayamah. He Reacts / Two Men Kneel Down To Thank God After Their Release From Prison In Onitsha / Fake Soldiers Arrested In Lagos And Ogun By The Nigerian Army (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To the Nigerian Princes! Thank you. by thanksjosh005: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
So not quite long, I was glancing through some "yo momma" jokes on the net. While I laughed all through, I got to a number fifty-something of it that read: "Yo mama's so poor, Nigerian princes wire her money."

First time I heard of the word "Nigerian prince" , was on my twitter when Americans began commenting on a tweet about some African persons coming to their DMs with a lot of blunders to their text and explained they only sent messages like that so they could scam them of their money. And these were those who lacked the ability to construct simple statements in English. Many of these Americans mocked. Lol. So while I confirmed they were not actually Nigerians, I figured they were African persons from countries like Mali, Uganda, especially the likes of Mali. However, while these are [i]sort of [/i]looking to befriend some of the Americans probably for selfish advantages, some are actually straightforward to scamming them.

But my concern to this issue was when I read a comment from this very pretty American lady that read: "The Nigerian princes are at it again." was actually when I first heard the Nigerian prince thing not until now again that I discovered the same wording used in the yo momma joke. The joke even meant how Nigerians are so church rats. And I hadn't realized how common that wording must be amongst the "woke" people of the US.

I mean... Nigerian prince?? At it again Those words alone were enough to renounce and give up my citizenship. SO, I will not defend thy country anymore but deny thy county O thou Nigerians who puttest thy country to this shameful status. The shame this nation has brought up for it self... usually, I am grossed out not even angry... hoping it safe to say I am no longer a citizen of a country who brings this reproach upon itself. I'd better be referred to as an individual embarassed
A good father cannot keep on with tolerating a bad son. He either cut ties with him or he changes for the better.

P.S Nigerian princes mean scammers from Nigeria or Nigerian scammers. I did my research and discovered there's a movie on this, too.

In Proverbs 14:34, we read, “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”

1 Like

Re: To the Nigerian Princes! Thank you. by epondudu: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2022
The way Americans perceived that not all Arabs are terrorist but potential terrorist is the same way they perceived that not all Nigerians are scammers but potential scammers... Nigeria shall be great
Re: To the Nigerian Princes! Thank you. by TheFacelessMan: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2022
I found a way of defending Nigerians on the Nigerian Prince issue on an international platform.....

This information would one day reveal my identity. cool
Re: To the Nigerian Princes! Thank you. by tillaman(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmmm I find it stereotypical
Every Nigerian is automatically labeled scammer meanwhile all them southeastern Asians like Filipinos worse pass us when it comes to scam both their males and females

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Questions To Ask EFCC & ICPC About Yahoo-ism / Loan App Scams / How Three Ex-bank Workers Planned With Hackers To Steal N20bn – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.