Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? (18368 Views)

Who Is The Best Left Back In English Premier League / Alaba, The Best Left Back In The World / Meet Juwan Oshaniwa, Super Eagles Left Back @ Afcon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by bingbagbo(m): 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2011
Football is not complete without left-footed compatriot busily manning the left side of defence, with periodic surges upfront to support the attack! Some of the accomplished left backs of the game include Paolo Maldini and RERTO cARLOS.iNterestingly, there is a new generation of impressive left-backs and as to who the finest is always puzzles me.Check out these:

Marcello, Evra, Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy and Gabriel Heinze. Who is the finest among these?
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by mamagee3(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
Marcelo is the best!

The rest are overated. sad

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by medjai(m): 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
Marcelo is the best at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by usbcable(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2011
I tot Bale is also LFB.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by MeGaStReEt: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
make una no deceive una self

Ashley Cole is the BEST left back in the world
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by medjai(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

make una no deceive una self

Ashley Cole is the BEST left back in the world
Until he was used and abused by Antonio Valencia.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by Patnoble: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2011
ashley cole!!!!!!!!!!! is the best left in the world,
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by bingbagbo(m): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2011
how about Taye Taiwo!
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by phreakabit(m): 10:47am On Jul 08, 2011
If Gareth Bale chooses to keep playing attack rather than defense, then the best left back in the world should go to Marcelo, hands down! This coming from an ardent BARCA fan.

bin gbagbo:

how about Taye Taiwo!

Taiye Taiwo is a G class defender. He is just terrible!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by dabraska: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2011
please! lets get factual here! Taiye Taiwo is 1 of d hottest left backs around!almost evry team wanted him b4 he completed his move to AC milan!
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by Showab1: 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
I will give it to Macello!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by MeGaStReEt: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
medjai:

Until he was used and abused by Antonio Valencia.

Antonio who? pulease
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by Mcleo007(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2011
Its Taiye Taiwo. He's d dream of every coach.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by Homar(m): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
The best left back is evra followed by chiellini
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2011
marcello ke?? Abeg oo!! Even jose mourhino will tell u dat he lacks defensive discipline. Wen madrid are dominating a game, marcello plays well bt u nid to see dis dude wen madrid are under pressure. I believe as a top left or right back, dia shld b a balance btwn your attackin and defensive qualities. He obviously doesnt hav dat. For me, i'd say patrice evra and ashley cole.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by bingbagbo(m): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2011
how about wayne bridge or TIENNE?
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by mikuz(m): 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
I give it to abidal! That guy don kill half of valencia career.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by babyboy3(m): 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2011
Marcelo is the best!

Marcelo is a Wing back and not a full back so yes he is good going forward but defensively he would make Geal Clichey feel like Paolo Maldini!!!!

I still believe its out of Cole, Evra or Enrique because they are good going forward and solid defensively!!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by mikuz(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
Wing back? Na wa oh!
So who plays the left back role for rm?
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by babyboy3(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2011
So who plays the left back role for rm?

Wing back

The wingbacks are a modern variation on the full back with heavier emphasis on attack. The name is a portmanteau of "winger" and "fullback". They are usually employed in a 3-5-2 formation, and could therefore be considered part of the midfield. But they may also be used in a 5-3-2 / 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 formation and therefore have a more defensive role.

In the evolution of the modern game, wingbacks are the combination of wingers and fullbacks. As such it is one of the most physically demanding positions in modern football. Wingbacks are often more adventurous than full backs and are expected to provide width, especially in teams without wingers. A wingback needs to be of exceptional stamina, be able to provide crosses upfield and defend effectively against opponents' attacks down the flanks. A defensive midfielder is usually fielded to cover the advances of wingbacks.[8]
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by marutimon: 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
Gabriel Heinze? What? How can he even appear on a best LB list? Taiwo is way better than him and if anyone it is the Nigerian who should make a short list.

TAIWO HAS BEEN VOTED THE BEST LB IN FRANCE IN 3 OF THE LAST 4 SEASONS!
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by mikuz(m): 9:47am On Jul 19, 2011
@baby
ok coach. Nice one! Great shot! But over the bar!!
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by babyboy3(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2011
@mikuz

Am not a coach its just common knowledge
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by sleekfella(m): 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
A. cole no doubt, he is good defensively and great at going forward. he has been consistent over the years and he is second only to maldini for me.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by usmanjaji(m): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2011
Give it to Marcelo and still wonders why he didn't make the Brazil squad

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by saintneo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2011
I think Evra has the balance required in a LB. However, I think Taye and Marcelo have got the magic stick. In a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 formation, I'll choose Taye or Marcelo; otherwise, in 4-4-2 formation, Evra is Ok.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by usbcable(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2011
usmanjaji:

Give it to Marcelo and still wonders why he didn't make the Brazil squad
the coach left him out 'cos he dint go for one of brazil's friendly.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by hustla(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
Beckham grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by bingbagbo(m): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^
beck who? i think you are maddddd! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by lafuria1(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
Marcelo d best attacking left back in d world wt step overs. Ask lyon fans. Cirusly 4 nw its marcelo. Left back 4 both laliga eleven and champions league eleven 2011. Barca didnt have a consistent left back. Cole was as bad as chelsea, evra has lost d stamina, clichy arsenal factor, taiwo na local champion wel thank God he dey milan nw.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by gendebs(m): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2011
if i am to choose my best left back frm d day i started watching football i will choose Paolo Maldini bt the current sensational left back is Eric Abidal. Did i hear someone call taiye taiwo, he is d worst and d most borin naijas left back in europe my unborn daughter play pass am.
Re: Who Is The Best Left-back In The World? by amblors(m): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
bin gbagbo:

how about[b] wayne bridge[/b] or TIENNE?

are we talking about the guy that after his 90000/wk loan switch to westham last season had a hand in all the goals against his side on his debut?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Draw No Bet In Bet9ja / Keshi Officially Accepts Offer To Stay On As Coach Of Nigeria / Paul Merson: Frank Lampard Deserved More Time As Chelsea Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.