Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat (35740 Views)

Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Picks Forms To Represent Imo East Senatorial District / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Idanre Hills’ Post: Tajudeen Adefisoye Reacts / Akeredolu Joins World Leaders At The Annual Investment Meeting In Dubai (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by YorobaPIGS: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2022
Eriokanmi:
She's from that state and region. What's bad about it? Tell me
Eat your acke and have it??

remi tifnumbu can as well go back to edo state and contest for senate seat afterall she's from the state and region too. Nothing bad about it

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by YorobaPIGS: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2022
donbenie:
Why can't she represent a constituency in Imo State,is she not from Imo?
And she would not be the first to do so..
Daisy Danjuma was married to a Northerner while representing an Edo constituency..
why can't she represent her husband senatorial seat in Ondo state? Is she not from Ondo state by marriage?

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by YorobaPIGS: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2022
mario22:
I think Peter Obi’s wife is from cross river. And she was Anambra First Lady for 8years..
akwa ibom

2 Likes

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Queenslander(f): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2022
YorobaPIGS:
Imolites will help her spend and chop Ondo state money

No cap!
LMAO,. grin That's fair enough!!
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by kane10(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2022
Just come and contest for governorship, first lady position no do you, ondo state no do u too

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by YorobaPIGS: 9:14am On Apr 09, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Shhhhh, if Nigeria were a properly functioning state, even a Yoruba man by birth should be able to represent a senatorial district in Imo. Our democracy na only for mouth and paper NOT in practice
you already answered yourself naa....Is Nigeria a functioning state?

If it were, buhari wouldn't be president
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by eldoradoxx: 9:15am On Apr 09, 2022
When this lady's husband appointed just one Owerri lady as i think PA on documentation or one irrelevant office, Ondo people were almost going to let loose the hell on Governor's wife for bringing her people to Ondo State Government. But now, they won't even concede a Senatorial seat to their own wife of 40 years. This life na waooh
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by YorobaPIGS: 9:16am On Apr 09, 2022
Queenslander:
LMAO,. grin That's fair enough!!
You Gerrit!

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by ufuosman(m): 9:22am On Apr 09, 2022
Power don swt her
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Dshocker(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2022
SmartPolician:
How can the Ondo First Lady represent a constituency in Imo State?

Why not represent the constituency of your husband?

Nigeria has never been (and will never be) a serious country.

By the constitution,anyone can hold any political office anywhere in the country

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Psady(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2022
Authoreety:
Let her do it in ondo

She's no longer from Imo.
Authoreety has spoken, court! Case dismissed.
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 09, 2022
Moferere:

She's from Imo

That's why we called him mummy Imo

TIL that gov Akeredolu is gay.
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2022
backnbeta:

But they allowed her work as the first lady for 8 years without any wahala? Some of you guys are just truly toxic!

You really have time replying these yeebos. I gave up on them when I realised they couldn't help themselves. Depleted brain cells is a serious medical condition.

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Mazing: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2022
yorubas are a barbaric, evil, demonic, uncivilized and dirty tribe. Eeew embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Hoodnigga123: 9:35am On Apr 09, 2022
Igbo people and descrimination. Now, you are discriminating against your own sister. She is less Igbo because she married a Yoruba man. Chai! Who Igbo cannot discriminate against does not exist

samista:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by flokii: 9:39am On Apr 09, 2022
eldoradoxx:
When this lady's husband appointed just one Owerri lady as i think PA on documentation or one irrelevant office, Ondo people were almost going to let loose the hell on Governor's wife for bringing her people to Ondo State Government. But now, they won't even concede a Senatorial seat to their own wife of 40 years. This life na waooh

An Owerri lady has no business being PA or what have you in Ondo state sir/ma. The ideal thing is for Mrs Betty to use her influence in Imo to get the said lady a PA job to Imo state governor.

How many Igbos will allow such in their home state? common land, they don't sell to other ethnicities talk more of jobs or political appointments.

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by elbulk(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2022
Moferere:

She's from Imo

Senator Bent is from the South-West but represented a place in Adamawa where her husband is from
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Burgerlomo: 9:50am On Apr 09, 2022
Ride on our wife grin

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by derecho(m): 9:51am On Apr 09, 2022
What happened to adopting her husband's state of Origin?

Unfortunately, this is the mindset that encourages division in marriage. You're married but you're still seeing yourself as different from your husband.
Moferere:

She's from Imo

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 09, 2022
joyandfaith:

Read with understanding and insight.

I think that should be directed to you. i asked you again how many igbo governors have a Yoruba as wife ? so this your comment makes no sense and lacks insight.
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by joyandfaith: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2022
obynzo:

I think that should be directed to you. i asked you again how many igbo governors have a Yoruba as wife ? so this your comment makes no sense and lacks insight.

Go back to my posts and read carefully. Can you name 20 top igbo politicians contesting for any post in 2023 who have yoruba wives?,
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Tundex911: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2022
I no blame her, future is femail squad

Reason why bubu party reject giving them chance

Smh
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by nzeobi(m): 10:09am On Apr 09, 2022
joyandfaith:

Yoruba women cannot even be first ladies in SE states. Igbo should learn to be tolerant. Being industrious is not enough.

Shut up non igbos have been first ladies in Igbo land
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 09, 2022
joyandfaith:

Go back to my posts and read carefully. Can you name 20 top igbo politicians contesting for any post in 2023 who have yoruba wives?,

Ok let us check the population stats. How many igbos out of the total igbo population marry Yoruba women? and out of that population, how many hold top political posts? that should be your reference point before you make statements filled with hate and bias.

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Landmack: 10:14am On Apr 09, 2022
joyandfaith:

Yoruba women cannot even be first ladies in SE states. Igbo should learn to be tolerant. Being industrious is not enough.

i agree with u on this

1 Like

Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by NaijaDonCast(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2022
Coolsperm:
She should contest for ondo east senatorial seat, after all is easier to win election in the SW than SE considering the fact that Yoruba Muslims are more interested in cups of rice and red oil which Tinubu have been using to decieve them
grin grin grin
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by babadee1(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmm. They have tasted government money and now they can't let go. Aketi go soon comot and madam dey find soft landing.
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by compton11(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2022
Coolsperm:
She should contest for ondo east senatorial seat, after all is easier to win election in the SW than SE considering the fact that Yoruba Muslims are more interested in cups of rice and red oil which Tinubu have been using to decieve them
nigga what has Yoruba Muslims has to do with it?

Plus ondo is majority Christian
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by ugotex85: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2022
joyandfaith:

Peter Obi's wife is from Akwa Ibom and she was Anambra's first lady for 8 years.
Re: 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat by Donaluta(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2022
haffaze777:
Imolite need to vote for this wonderful woman, she's the most qualify candidate for that post because nah so so mumu full alaigbo

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Cabal Eyeing Interim Government – El-Rufai / TRIBUTE: Abu Ali, Lt Col Who ‘doesn’t Brag’ But Is Killing Off Boko Haram / Buhari Appoints Nelson Braimbraifa As NDDC Acting MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.