Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Soludo Has Started Wrongly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Has Started Wrongly (4728 Views)

Gov Soludo Has Commissioned 5 Indigenous Industries In Anambra In 2023 (Photos) / Soludo Has Started Wrongly (Throwback) / Soludo Has Been Sworn-In As Executive Governor Of Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Soludo Has Started Wrongly by GerogeI(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
SlayerForever:
When I saw the headline on my news feed saying "100% of arrested hoodlums not from Anambra state" a statement credited to Soludo, I did not bother opening the link, I thought it was clickbait. I reasoned Soludo couldn't have said such a stupid thing.

To my utmost horror when I came online much later I saw Soludo actually made that statement. Why make such a comment? Why should a sitting Igbo governor tribalise a state problem? What has their coming from a particular Igbo state got to do with anything? Are Anambrarians angels?

In this current time the Igbos are consolidating to position themselves better in the Nigerian project,
Soludo thinks whipping up the age long powerfully cancerous Anambra clannish sentiment is the way to go? I went online and saw few rednecks already taunting the good people of Ebonyi but thankfully the majority were not in agreement with Soludo's reckless statement. That was very low and unbecoming of a man of regard.

With all the negative press Obiano got, Obiano was never known to make such ill thought comments. Same as Okwute Ndigbo. They don't make such comments and I plead with them to advise Soludo or he will just lose his way.

In the run up to the gubernatorial elections my superiors insisted Soludo will not make a good governor. I was quite disappointed on their position. But they insisted to me they know Soludo and he is not a people person at all. Such persons don't do well in administration despite his well known repute in management. Intelligence is not wisdom, wisdom is leadership. I pray he gets his acts right on time and I urge umuigbo from other states within and outside the SE to disregard that careless statement as we continue to put our house in order and consolidate. Thank you.

Frankly, one of his classmates in school said something similar. That he was self centered and hardly listens to other people. That kind of attitude can lead you far as an intellectual for your own career. But as a political leader, you must listen to others, and sometimes even when they are wrong, you still listen, and you do not announce your decision or plans in a hurry And you talk less. The guy already talks too much.

I also learnt that he is fond of using unrealistic methods. More like theoretical approach. I was hoping if he did that with Anambra economy, we will have some new seeds and sectors. But quite plainly, he is doing the unrealistic thing with Ipob, it may solve the problem of Ipob eventually but that will take years, and might consume his Governorship term like it fid Ozodimgba in Imo state. It will be a monumental waste of time for Anambrarians. Most of us do not have issues with Ipob sit at home. Soludo focusing on this us so disappointing.
Re: Soludo Has Started Wrongly by GerogeI(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

This is what I found hence my request for clarification
The writing of the Igbo language was pioneered by both the Anglican Church and the Catholic Church. Earlier, the Anglicans got the structure wrong by putting what were clearly distinct alphabets as two alphabets usually with h at the end.
Oh, ih, eh, uh. The vowels among them were later harmonised with their own under dotted letters, but the consonants were left as combinations of letters.
So g and gb, gw, kw, kp are distinct alphabets in Igbo.

So Ibo, is very far from Igbo.
Ibo, means to lift something onto someone either a load or an accusation
If you under dot the o, it means to butcher venison

IGBO is a name we call ourselves, even before whitemen came to us. Early Portuguese spelt it as Eboe, Anglicans spelt it as Ibo.
Our own scholars,ourselves have corrected all these and spell it, correctly as Igbo, it's a three alphabet word, not four.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> / Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? / What Ihejirika Wrote About Igbos On His Facebook Wall?…… Foolish Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.