Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

A Proud Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Proud Writer (431 Views)

A Proud Daughter Promotes Her Dad's Transport Business / Aremu The Proud Wealthy Man / Be A Proud Freethinker/atheist, Publish Your Diverse Thoughts With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Proud Writer by marenx: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2022
A Proud Writer

Maren J. Mafuyai

This is the second time I wrote about writing this year and I'm glad I did.

Obviously, I'm not a best-selling writter nor am I an established one (I haven't yet authored a book), yet I called myself a proud Writer.

Last year, I felt I would never regret not having yet authored a book or a best-seller because I don't have to author a book to be a writer.

Generally, my success story in writing field is unless I live in prison without any writing material or hand I can't quit writing.

But why?

According to a senior editor and writer for Hongkiat, Singyin Lee, on honkiat.com:

"A probable source for what we are passionate about may come from what we were exposed to during our childhood. Many simple things such as sketching, music, collecting action figures or airplane models that we did when we were young evolve to become what we are passionate about when we are adults."

When I was 15, after I wrote a few words thrice a week, writing followed me to adulthood as passion.

Most times, the only bug that reeks me off is inconsistency or fluctuating writing habit. How it holds me back in the process is mysterious even to me.

Over the years it has proven to be both charming and difficult.

One day after I published an article on my wordpress blog, someone I never knew loved what I wrote.

Precisely, what made the blog post that attracted him were many hours of trial and error.

William Faulkner, an American writer known for his novels and short stories set in the fictional Yoknapatawpha County, based on Lafayette County, Mississippi, said:

"Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window."

But I didn't throw this one out.

Thanks for reading my work. Have a big time.

If you enjoy this post, read this one too: https://www.nairaland.com/7068262/see-why-yesterday-should-lucky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Proud Writer by Bam17(f): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2022
Wow. This got me.

1 Like

Re: A Proud Writer by marenx: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
Thanks Bam17. Your poems and stories are highly captivating and inspiring.

1 Like

Re: A Proud Writer by Bam17(f): 12:12am On Apr 17, 2022
marenx:
Thanks Bam17. Your poems and stories are highly captivating and inspiring.
Awwn, thank you. You know, once I thought of giving up. But seeing this... Gosh, I can't thank you enough. Thank you so much, Sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

THE EX FACTOR #1 (by @jaybee_twhy) / Your Best Poem And Poet / Nigerian Writers And Online Media- Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.