Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

"Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" (1392 Views)

Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 / Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2022
Jesus, speaking of His body said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (John 2:19). Which leads to the question:

"Did Jesus raise Himself from the grave or did God do it?"

Read More Here

1 Share

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by ignis: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2022
Who is Jesus? Jesus is God the son.

Jesus did it = God did it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
He meant he will be ressurected
Remember before he died he said:"Father into your hand I entrust my spirit".
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Steep: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Jesus, speaking of His body said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (John 2:19). Which leads to the question:

Read More Here
Jesus, his father, and the holy Spirit resurrected Jesus, just as they all carried out the work of creation.

2 Likes

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by JustExposeIt: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
The bible said that God raised him from the dead
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by cornelboy(f): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
Just tell me that Ephesians 4:6, John 20:17, 1 Corinthians 8:5 &6, 1 Corinthians 15:24-28, John 17:3 are not in your Bible.

Jesus was created by GOD in His exact image. And GOD created everything else through Jesus.
Jesus got everything he has from the Father.

Jesus will return his authority back to his Father and be subjected to Him.

I've sown the seed of truth, it's left for you to make it germinate.

OLAADEGBU Peace!

2 Likes

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Steep:

Jesus, his father, and the holy Spirit resurrected Jesus, just as they all carried out the work of creation.

God bless you real good! smiley

2 Likes

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
JustExposeIt:

The bible said that God raised him from the dead

It is also correct. smiley
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
cornelboy:

Just tell me that Ephesians 4:6, John 20:17, 1 Corinthians 8:5 &6, 1 Corinthians 15:24-28, John 17:3 are not in your Bible.

Jesus was created by GOD in His exact image. And GOD created everything else through Jesus.
Jesus got everything he has from the Father.

Jesus will return his authority back to his Father and be subjected to Him.

I've sown the seed of truth, it's left for you to make it germinate.

OLAADEGBU Peace!

Jesus was begotten not created. He existed before He was begotten of the Virgin Mary. Give that to your Watchtower society to ruminate about. cool
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Janosky: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus was begotten not created. He existed before He was begotten of the Virgin Mary. Give that to your Watchtower society to ruminate about. cool
Colossians 1:15,The first born of every creature"

Person wey live in the United kingdom no know say "begotten means created" in his holy Bible.
"Begotten" & "Created" are synonyms.
Oga, go & learn.
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
Janosky:

Colossians 1:15,The first born of every creature"

Person wey live in the United kingdom no know say "begotten means created" in his holy Bible.
"Begotten" & "Created" are synonyms.
Oga, go & learn.

Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colossians 1:16; John 1:3).

The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "the first in rank" and "pre-eminent" over the creation He brought into being.

1 Like

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Janosky: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colossians 1:16; John 1:3).

The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "the first in rank" and "pre-eminent"
Genesis 49:3.
"Reuben, you are my firstborn
my might and the beginning of my strength, Preeminent in dignity and preeminent in power"

Genesis 49:3, , Oga, biblically, how is Reuben Preeminent?
How is Reuben firstborn?
Genesis 49:3, Reuben is "first in rank" of whom?

OLAADEGBU:

over the creation He brought into being.

In OLAADEGBU's Bible, Christ is NOT the Creator, God his Father is the Creator.
Oga, Hebrews 1:2, God MADE the Universe THROUGH His what?

You bought a plot of land through your son.
Who bought/own that land?

Colossians 1:16=Hebrews 1:2= John 1:3
= 1 Corinthians 8:6.

Trinitarians Interprete Hebrews 1:2, John 1:3 & Colossians 1:16 to suit Trinity GIBBERISH .
Trinity devotees CHANGE the meaning of the Greek word "DIA" /English word "THROUGH"
"The Channel/Agency of an act " (of Creation).
Oga, your own Bible says Jesus is NOT the Creator.
Hebrew 1:2 screenshot proven that.
The same thoughts expressed in John 1:3 & Colossians 1:16
grin grin grin grin

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Zodiac61(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
Didn't happen.
Fake news.
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Steep: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Janosky:

Genesis 49:3.
"Reuben, you are my firstborn
my might and the beginning of my strength, Preeminent in dignity and preeminent in power"

Genesis 49:3, , Oga, biblically, how is Reuben Preeminent?
How is Reuben firstborn?
Genesis 49:3, Reuben is "first in rank" of whom?

In OLAADEGBU's Bible, Christ is NOT the Creator, God his Father is the Creator.
Oga, Hebrews 1:2, God MADE the Universe THROUGH His what?

You bought a plot of land through your son.
Who bought/own that land?

Colossians 1:16=Hebrews 1:2= John 1:3
= 1 Corinthians 8:6.

Trinitarians Interprete Hebrews 1:2, John 1:3 & Colossians 1:16 to suit Trinity GIBBERISH .
Trinity devotees CHANGE the meaning of the Greek word "DIA" /English word "THROUGH"
"The Channel/Agency of an act " (of Creation).
Oga, your own Bible says Jesus is NOT the Creator.
Hebrew 1:2 screenshot proven that.
The same thoughts expressed in John 1:3 & Colossians 1:16
grin grin grin grin

first born used in the bible is not always literal. It is used to denote superiority other times.
Firstborn over all creation means pre-eminence.
Actually, yahweh said he created the heavens and the earth by himself.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

He didn't create anything through another being.
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Janosky: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2022
Steep:
first born used in the bible is not always literal. It is used to denote superiority other times.
Firstborn over all creation means pre-eminence.

Oga, I have 3 questions:
Genesis 49:3, did your own Bible confirm that Reuben is preeminent?

Oga, in your own Bible (@ Colossians 1:3,13-16), does first born indicate inferiority to the God in the spiritual realm?

Oga,in your own Bible, firstborn denote superiority over whom ?

Steep:

Actually, yahweh said he created the heavens and the earth by himself.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

He didn't create anything through another being.

YAHWEH did , Hebrews 1:2... Check it, please.
The Bible did NOT end in the old testament?
Do you agree?
The new testament gives further knowledge & info not profoundly expressed in the old testament. Do you agree?

Hebrews 1:2, God MADE the Universe THROUGH His son.
Do you observe that @ Hebrew1:2 (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16,1 Corinthians 8:6, key word for Emphasis: "THROUGH", 'Channel of the act'(of creation.) your Bible expanded your understanding & knowledge of Isaiah 44:24?

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – He Has Risen
A.F. BRANCO on April 12, 2022 at 7:00 am

Jesus Christ Overcomes Death

Jesus was crucified on the cross and on the third day he rose to defeat death. Cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2022.
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by cornelboy(f): 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

God had no beginning. But Jesus has a beginning. First God beget/created Jesus and created everything else through Jesus. He's the first born of creation.
Jesus was created in his Father's image. It means that God already is before Jesus was created in His exact image.
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
cornelboy:

God had no beginning. But Jesus has a beginning. First God beget/created Jesus and created everything else through Jesus. He's the first born of creation.
Jesus was created in his Father's image. It means that God already is before Jesus was created in His exact image.

Do you believe the scriptures that say that Jesus created all things? If yes, when did He do this? undecided
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
Following! wink
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
ignis:

Who is Jesus? Jesus is God the son.

Jesus did it = God did it.[

Way to go! cheesy
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
Zodiac61:

Didn't happen.
Fake news.

The shepherds who missed out. cheesy

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2022
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2022
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by cornelboy(f): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe the scriptures that say that Jesus created all things? If yes, when did He do this? undecided

John 1:3 NLT
[3]God created everything through him,
    and nothing was created except through him.

Jesus created every creation for God.

Colossians 1:15 NLT
[15]Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
    He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,

Questions you should ponder on;
1. Did Jehovah GOD have beginning? Did God start existing or he is all there all along from eternity to eternity?
2. Did Jesus his son have a beginning, didn't he start to exist at a point in time?
3. Are they co-eternal like Trinitarians say?
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
cornelboy:

1. Did Jehovah GOD have beginning? Did God start existing or he is all there all along from eternity to eternity?
2. Did Jesus his son have a beginning, didn't he start to exist at a point in time?

The Triune God has no beginning. cool

1 Like

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
cornelboy:

You don't know OLAADEGBU, he will be running away from one point to another once he noticed you've exposed his ignorance.

Jesus died but before his death he begged the one who is able to SAVE him and he was heard due to his Godly FEAR! Hebrews 5:7

That is enough to tell any sincere person that Jesus was raised by someone who can SAVE Jesus from death! smiley

1 Like

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Read More Here

Before this question can be addressed directly, we must first agree upon what we mean when we say "God," and we must agree upon the nature of Jesus. Jesus is, by His very nature, God (Philippians 2:6). "God" is not a person but a title given to the divine nature. There is only one God (Deut. 6:4, Is. 44:6) – one divine nature. However, God exists in three persons, the Trinity. The first person of the Trinity, whom Jesus called the Father, is often referred to as "God," and rightly so – the Father is God (1 Pet. 1:2-3). However, people often confuse the title “God” as referring only to the Father. The second and third persons of the Trinity, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are also God (Heb. 1:8, Acts 5:3-4). So, there is one God existing in three persons. These persons are all distinct (Matt. 3:16-17). They are all equally God. The divine nature cannot be subdivided; God's nature is infinite – infinity cannot be subtracted from or added to.

Though there is one God in three persons, the person of Jesus Christ has two natures. He has the divine nature (as previously demonstrated), but He also has a human nature and is fully human. He was born (Matt. 2:1) and took on human flesh (John 1:14). He suffered physically and emotionally (Heb. 5:7-8). Even after His ascension, He is called "man" (1 Tim. 2:5-6). So, Jesus could operate out of His human nature or His divine nature. As a man, He ate (Luke 24:42-43). As God, He calmed the storm (Matt. 8:26). So, while Christ's body was dead, He remained alive (since God cannot die). This should not be a great surprise since human souls remain while the body decays (2 Cor. 5:8). Jesus' human soul remained in the way that all human souls do, while His divine substance remained unchanged (Mal. 3:6, Heb. 13:8).

So, would it have been possible that Jesus through His divine nature even while His human body lay dead could have displayed His power through resurrection? Absolutely. Jesus, speaking of His body said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (John 2:19) Certainly, it was "God" who raised His body (Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21), and Jesus is God. But Scripture also teaches that the Father raised Him (Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17, Eph. 1:20). Even the Holy Spirit is said to have raised Him (Romans 8:11). So, the act of raising Jesus from the dead was not the operation merely of one person within the Trinity but was a cooperative act done by the power of the divine substance. The fact that the Bible teaches that God raised Jesus from the dead and that Jesus raised Himself is yet another testament to Christ's divinity.

Read More Here

1 Like

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by cornelboy(f): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The Triune God has no beginning. cool
Who's the triune God?
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
cornelboy:

Who's the triune God?

Get your answer from my post above for that is the premise on which we base our discussion on this topic. If that does not suffice then you should know that this topic is not for you.
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by cornelboy(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

I'll leave you with a post that has dealt with your objections for the sake of those who want to know the truth.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655453/jehovahs-witnesses-cult-exposed/5

Okay keep defending the uninspired doctrines of the old dead men of Nicene council.
Sebi you like the doctrines of men than the Bible pure doctrine no wahala na.

God himself;
Deuteronomy 6:4
[4]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Jesus himself;
John 17:3
[3]And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

Paul the spirit filled apostles of the gentiles;
Ephesians 4:6
[6]one God and Father of all,
who is over all, in all, and living through all.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
[5]There may be so-called gods both in heaven and on earth, and some people actually worship many gods and many lords.
[6]But for us,
There is one God, the Father,

by whom all things were created,
    and for whom we live.
And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    through whom all things were created,
    and through whom we live.

Acts of the Apostles 2:36
[36]“So let everyone in Israel know for certain that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, to be both Lord and Messiah!”

Did God says he's three in one or triune?

Did the apostles and the early church believe in trinity or triune God?

Is it not blasphemy to say God the Father of all needs two other persons to make him complete as God?
Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by cornelboy(f): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You don't know OLAADEGBU, he will be running away from one point to another once he noticed you've exposed his ignorance.

Jesus died but before his death he begged the one who is able to SAVE him and he was heard due to his Godly FEAR! Hebrews 5:7

That is enough to tell any sincere person that Jesus was raised by someone who can SAVE Jesus from death! smiley

It's been a while

1 Like

Re: "Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" by Janosky: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

I'll leave you with a post that has dealt with your objections for the sake of those who want to know the truth.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655453/jehovahs-witnesses-cult-exposed/5
Your trinity mentors deceived you & LIED. "Born" again is synonymous with new "creature".
Israel is firstborn,is Israel a creature?
Yes!
David is firstborn,is he a creature? Yes.
Jesus is a creature.
In ur bible ALL firstborn are creatures.
Psalm90:2,God born mountain.Jesus is His first creature, Col1:15 says so.
Trinity devotees are LYING.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Ekene Bouanerges Exposed Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere The Founder Of (opm) / Gaza Is Israel: If You've Seen An Arab You've Seen Jesus / Muslims And Jihad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.