Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience (19799 Views)

How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Your NYSC Questions Answered / First Day Experience At Nysc Orientation Camp----->what To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Dandy1(m): 2:15am On Jul 06, 2011
It's only normal to feel optimistically anxious you're gonna have fun in d NYSC camp, but most people get there on the 1st day only 2 experience some inconveniences.

My own 1st day experience was bad! Couldn't get a place to sleep, so I didn't even have a nap. What's your own story?
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by mundus(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2012
Posted last year and made the front page today...............hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Ozegbe(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
actually i got there a day before do i was opportuned to get a good space to sleep. if you like forming a lot then you wont enjoy camp. you just gave to free yourself and accept whatever as part of the fun why engaging in various activity that could lead you to getting an award.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by omicron(m): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
mundus: Posted last year and made the front page today...............hmmmmmmmmm
Now That is called Patience grin angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by bigx(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Was posted to Kogi state (Kabba)

Got there by 4p.m or thereabouts,
Jumped all lines and completed registration in less than an hour grin
Collected my flat matress and kit (hid that in my bag for the first 3 days),
Ate bread and butter I bought along the road for dinner with beer from mammy
Slept till the soldiers started with their whistle by 5 a.m,
Went to mingle with newcomers in my mufti to avoid all the unnecessary, pointless drills,

The rest of the nysc is a different case altogether. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
My first day on NYSC camp? I met almost 5 old friends of mine from my previous sch, it was fun, went straight to Mammy Mkt to enjoy Palmmy with them...those that Camped at Ikare Akoko in Ondo State will know better, lol.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by yomifowe(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2012
Was posted to Abia State, travelled the whole nite from Lagos, arrived Umuahia Orientation Camp afternoon d next day,
was on the queue the rest of the day cos of an issue 4rm school wrt school NYSC list,
my bag and all its content was drenched by a heavy rainfall that day,
had 2 sleep on a bench that day cos i wasnt cleared....

B4 i 4get, thank God 4 NCCF...

1 Like

Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Buskete(m): 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2012
Was posted 2 Ebonyi, entered camp 2 days afta d swearing in ceremony and met 4 of my classmates. They had already secured a bed 4 me so twas jus platoon 12(mammy) tru out.

1 Like

Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by nikki26(f): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
Travelled all day, had to change cars more than twice cos they developed faults, finally arrived yikpata camp in kwara state by 9pm, joined d longest line of queues I have ever seen, slept only two hrs after d struggl for a flat matress... The rest was history
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
was posted to akwaibom (the land of pussys) went to d town with so much excitement, though i went late, after buzzing for 3 days in enugu, hired a bus with my fellow enugu men dem (unn and esut grad) wen re reach camp, omo, dem no gree us enter camp oo, say we come late, see where bad men dey cry nah, finally we entered sha, saw our mates alrady doing parade, (no be small thing) before some small man o war boys told us to do frog jump (we been no know who be man o war and army den sha, although we later bleeped does man o war boys up, both inside camp and inside uyo town), slept outside dat nite (see cold nah) dey refused us to enter d room. drak enof dat nite. den d next day, everything really started sha
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by charles87: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
I'm presently serving in Abia state. My first day in camp was not that good.
I missed my road from Lagos, instead of taking Umuahia, I entered Aba. I got to the camp around 9pm and it was the closing day.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Bright146(m): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ kusallah damm, kano orientation camp.

After the long queue i collectd room.

I completed registration kits n oda necesary things

Bt tht night i couldnt cos of mosquitoes
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by kaiter: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
They had already secured a bed 4 me so twas jus platoon 12(mammy) tru out.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by GboyegaD(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
I got to Kolokuma/Opokuma at about 6pm but I did not get to register until 2days after. Even after registration, I did not start wearing my kits until Monday which was our swearing in day since our camp opened on Thursday. The first night was fun because we were so many outside and at about 12midnight, they had to start giving us all free matress to sleep on without registration.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by bodik(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
Arrived sharon camp around 5.30pm a day before camp opened took passport photos and wanted to make calls to my folks, cos only mtn and very poor service back then, there was a babe who was trying to load card on phone i offered to help her, she embarrased me,said it was dark and i may steal the card and she will never know who i was become big pals throughout service till date
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Gombs(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Since this was posted last year n made the front page almost a year later...Then,make una chill,i'd post my first day experience by August 2012...#2012 Batch B things
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by fortula: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
First day at camp was hell. The lines were the longest i had ever seen, and i had like 4 to go. I forgot to bring my original statement of result hence there was real problem for me. Someway i managed to wriggle out of that. The sun in abuja that day was like hell fire on earth. I was thirsty, i was restless, i was sad especially as I had been looking forward to NYSC all my life. Anyways saw one of my close friends who was resident in Abuja, so i followed her home and came back to camp the next day, as I could not go through the stress anymore. Anyways the whole camp experience was fun and I am still serving my nation at the moment and its been okay so far.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Okoya(f): 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
bodik:
Arrived sharon camp around 5.30pm a day before camp opened took passport photos and wanted to make calls to my folks, cos only mtn and very poor service back then, there was a babe who was trying to load card on phone i offered to help her, she embarrased me,said it was dark and i may steal the card and she will never know who i am. Got talking ended up on parade ground that night and she told me it was over a year ago she had it live inside of her.

Would u be allowed inside d camp a day b4?
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Lisa1: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2012
much appreciated grin
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Preppie: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
Was posted to Kaduna state. I planned to be in Camp by Friday (the last day) as I was in Abuja for my Call to Bar ceremony on Tuesday. I came back to Lagos and also went to my school for my Call-Up letter. However, I missed the morning flight and had to wait in the airport till evening as the next flight to KD was scheduled for about 4pm. We left around 5pm Got to KD around 6pm and took a cab to the camp. Got there some minutes past 7pm and was not even checked at the gate. I saw some corpers and I asked them where I was to register and they told me. On my way, I met a soldier (very crazy man) wearing a white T-shirt and camoflague trousers and he asked me if I was a corper and I replied in the affirmative. He then ordered me to carry my travelling bag on my head and start running to the Registration hall. I silently wondered if he was mad but politely told him I was alright with the way I was carrying it. He threatened to deal with me if I did not carry out his orders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Preppie: 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
I continued to argue with him and he started shouting. By this time some corpers were already watching the unfolding scene but were careful not to come too close. They made signs to me and whispered that I should just obey him because he was a crazy man. They also offered to carry my other bag for me. Feeling very embarrassed, I carried my travelling bag while ensuring it did not touch my head and ran forward. The soldier (later learnt his name was Dagger) told me to stop and said 'you are an aje-butter abi, let me look at your face). Was glad it was already very dark cos he would not be able to recognize me afterwards. He told me to go. I got to the registration hall and saw the long queues and was confused. Fortunately, I called a former classmate already in Camp and she really put me through. Started registration. The Kit I was given was too big. I complained but as I noticed that the man in charge was getting annoyed and furthermore was dumb, I left. Finished registration some minutes before midnight.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Akshow: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2012
posted to kano, kusala dam karaye. Got dere around 1pm. Was on queue for d rest of d day til 2a.m wen i finaly got a room n matress. Went to d mammy n had to queue 2 buy fud cos we wia 2 much. Ova 3500 kopaz. Nysc taya me dat day. Wud av gladly given up d orientation if i had an option. Started enjoyin it 3 days later
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by peziz(f): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
My first day in camp was .... Phew!! I didn't anticipate what happened to me. I got to ogun camp at exactly 7:30am and was delayed at the gate for reasons unknown to me. Finally got in and met one annoying queue. I almost passed out on the queue. Some girls were kind enough to let me go ahead in thier place and register as they could sense that if am left to stand on that queue for the next 20 mins, i would pass out. Registration was done with ease and i got my kits. On my way walking majestically to my room; i met a soilder who made me frog jump to my room and waited for me to change and frog jumped me back to the parade ground. I cried that day like a baby and prospective corp member looked on. Some laughed at me, others were full of pity yl some boo the soilder. I was so angry that all through my stay in camp i refused going for most of the activities especially the morning drills. Never knew i had that rebellious attitude in me. Camp brought the other part of me. Haba! Dem no send me nysc to come die ooh! I prayed fervently for it to come to an end.

1 Like

Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by bodik(m): 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
Okoya:

Would u be allowed inside d camp a day b4?
Yes, we were given matresses and bunk to sleep that night, but no food and around 8am next day we wia asked to carry all our belongings and get out of the camp gate before entering officially with documents and strict searching.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by yorke1: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hissssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by serenegroup(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
i served in delta state iselu uku camp. batch c 2010 /2011 menh first day in camp was not too stressful cos i arrived much earlier. slept in abraka with one of my guys in delsu a day before then strolled to the camp o. at d gate oh boy soilder just tell man pickin to put my load on my head and jog to the reg centre. que was not that long sha. busied myself helping my plantoon leader to share kit after my own registration just to evade evening drills.how i go travel for some minutes come dey do drill agai. oh boy na morning suprise me i just wake see as guys just dey waka for room as per then they prepare for the days activities i con check time 3.am fear catch me i con say shey na 3.am i go dey wake everyday for camp upon that con see queue for water but after camp come sweet small sha.
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by IRAPADA(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
The first day at paiko camp in niger state was hel 4 me,i got to camp around pass 3pm bt took me almost 7hours to complete regst cos of long queues at the collection and submision of form,collection of kids is anoda wahala cos of very long queues,that 1 took me almost 3 hours to get,collection of matres is anoda big prob.Finaly around to 12am i got a place to sleep, 4:30am d nxt morning when i was far asleep i had sound there after some urgly looking army came bangging on our door shouting LETS GO LETS GO NO TIME,when we got to d field we jog a 1km to paiko town.It was hel d first day bt i get use to it later
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by IRAPADA(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
The first day at paiko camp in niger state was hel 4 me,i got to camp around pass 3pm bt it took me almost 7hours to complete my regst cos of long queues at the collection and submision of forms,collection of kids is anoda wahala cos of very long queue,that 1 took me almost 3 hours to get,collection of matres is anoda big prob.Finaly around to 12am i got a place to sleep, 4:30am d nxt morning when i was far asleep i had sound there after some urgly looking army came bangging on our door shouting LETS GO LETS GO NO TIME,when we got to d field we jog a 1km round paiko town.It was hel d first day bt i got use to it later
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
Bored! Need new peeps on BBM.. Cool
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by fenandopo: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
please guys, how do i open a thread??
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Sijo01(f): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
bigx: Was posted to Kogi state (Kabba)

Got there by 4p.m or thereabouts,
Jumped all lines and completed registration in less than an hour grin
Collected my flat matress and kit (hid that in my bag for the first 3 days),
Ate bread and butter I bought along the road for dinner with beer from mammy
Slept till the soldiers started with their whistle by 5 a.m,
Went to mingle with newcomers in my mufti to avoid all the unnecessary, pointless drills,

The rest of the nysc is a different case altogether. grin

was posted to same place.

Got to camp a day bfor around 4pm. Mnt two guys who afta introductn ws frm my sch. Anoda girl frm my sch joined us leta. We wer givn matrass 2return first tin in d mornin, was told to use our id as a colacteral. Ws nt allowed into d hostel till 7pm. Oda pipo joined us. Afta changin, we wnt to d mammy mrk, eat. Bought a bag of pure water to bath cos der ws no water. Nxt day, registratn, it ws nt stressful cos we wer early. We wer given d oportunity to select our kits.

I ws nicked name first lady in my platoon (being d first girl to report to camp) ws alittle bit popular as a result. D two weeks orientatn ws fun all d way expct for 'fire alarm n lectures'
Re: Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ozegbe: actually i got there a day before do i was opportuned to get a good space to sleep. if you like forming a lot then you wont enjoy camp. you just gave to free yourself and accept whatever as part of the fun why engaging in various activity that could lead you to getting an award.

abeg, what award r u talkin about n hw can 1 get it.also wht wil it benefit d person

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life / A Corpers Personal Charity Foundation Project / We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.