Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? (846 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
Why did Jesus not prey for Judas and bless him like He taught us to

Matthew 26:24
The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”

Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by saintokwuluora(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
He blessed his enemies on the cross when he said"Father forgive them for they know not what they do".
Remember also the Roman soldier Malthus whose ear was cut off by Peter, Jesus healed him instantly.
The fate of Judas was prophetically sealed even before he was born. He must a son of the devil.
Mr Judge follow his lead and love your enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
saintokwuluora:
He blessed his enemies on the cross when he said"Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Thank you.
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2022
saintokwuluora:
Remember also the Roman soldier Malthus whose ear was cut off by Peter, Jesus healed him instantly.
The fate of Judas was prophetically sealed even before he was born. He must a son of the devil.
Mr Judge follow his lead and love your enemies.

Mr love your enemies, where did Jesus forgive Judas. Judas was not the one at the cross Jesus was referring to. Jesus was refering to the Roman soilders as they did not know what they were doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:

The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”
You missed his many other teachings in Matthew 23 which also expressed God's curses on those who didn't obey God's Law. Essentially, God's curse is on all those who refuse to do as He, God, commands. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Broveens42(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You missed his many other teachings in Matthew 23 which also expressed God's curses on those who didn't obey God's Law. Essentially, God's curse is on all those who refuse to do as He, God, commands. undecided

Stop defending errors of the Bible writer.
They can't even synchronize well

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

He certainly loved Judas up to the point of even eating with him while Judas was silently plotting how to destroy Him.

None of us would do that or has ever done that.

SO AS USUAL, YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

He certainly loved Judas up to the point of eating with him while Judas was silently plotting how to destroy Him.

None of us would do that.

SO AS USUAL, YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH!

AS EXPECTED, YOU HAVE NO COMMON SENSE
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:

AS EXPECTED, YOU HAVE NO COMMON SENSE

AS EXPECTED, YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN THE FOOL BY YOUR INABILITY TO COUNTER!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

AS EXPECTED, YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN THE FOOL BY YOUR INABILITY TO COUNTER!

YOU ARE THE BIG FOOL. SINCE YOU ALWAYS RESULT TO INSULTS ONCE THE FAKE GOSPELS YOU CLAIM IS THE TRUE WORD OF GOD HAS BEEN EXPOSED
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:

YOU ARE THE BIG FOOL. SINCE YOU ALWAYS RESULT TO INSULTS ONCE THE FAKE GOSPELS YOU CLAIM IS THE TRUE WORD OF GOD HAS BEEN EXPOSED

See mad man O, if you consider my reply an insult, then IT IS YOU WHO BEGAN IT, AS THE RECORD SHOWS!

BUT ANYWAY, I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE, I HAVE COMPLETELY DESTROYED YOUR STUPID POST, HENCE IS TIME FOR ME TO EAT INSULTS FROM AN INSANE LOSER!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See mad man O, if you consider my reply an insult, then IT IS YOU WHO BEGAN IT, AS THE RECORD SHOWS!

BUT ANYWAY, I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE, [s]I HAVE COMPLETELY DESTROYED YOUR STUPID POST[/s], HENCE IS TIME FOR ME TO EAT INSULTS FROM AN INSANE LOSER!

You are the one that is insane, a liar and BIG LOSER. Once you find that someone is not the gullible one you were expecting you result to insults. You started your madness with your RUBBISH. I'm not surprised as your brain is a SHITHOLE.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by danijesus(m): 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
Foolish thread!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
danijesus:
Foolish thread!

You are the one that is FOOLISH as you cannot question what you read in a book written by people over 2000 years ago who could not question what they are told at that time and would be scared if they should come and see the technology in the world today.
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2022
There is a big problem when you fail to know the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) because we are the one and only group that can teach you what Jesus taught otherwise you will continue to argue with misinformed Churchgoers! undecided

Jesus asked us to pray for our enemies {Matthew 5:43-48} because they thought they want to save us from a evil cult by persecuting us whereas they don't know what they're doing! {Luke 23:34} but that's not the case with friends who knew our worth yet trying to make fortune out of betraying us into the hands of those plotting to kill us.
That's why Jesus never prayed with people until they accept his teachings just as Jehovah's Witnesses does today! John 17:8-9
Jesus must not go against God's word which says " The one refusing to listen to the law —Even his prayer is detestable" Proverbs 28:9 God will never accept such prayers made in behalf of hypocrites like Judas Iscariot who knew what God says about Jesus' teachings {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} yet trashed it only for the love of money {Mark 8:36} God warned his prophets never to pray in behalf of hypocrites {Jeremiah 11:14; 14:11} So Judas Iscariot has sold his own soul to the devil in replacement of money! 1Timothy 6:6-9

When we pray for our enemies you should know that such prayers can't be done in their presence if we don't want trouble it's only when we notice that they don't know what they're doing {Act 7:60 compare to Matthew 5:43-48} that's why you will notice that Jehovah's Witnesses always come back to you no matter how badly you've treated them for coming to preach to you because within our hearts we must continue to wish you well! Luke 6:27-28

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
Broveens42:
Stop defending errors of the Bible writer.
They can't even synchronize well
There is no error made here by the writers. The lack of comprehension is strictly the the OP'S and this I suspect influenced by what is his overall view of what is written.. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Broveens42(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is no error made here by the writers. The lack of comprehension is strictly the the OP'S and this I suspect influenced by what is his overall view of what is written.. undecided

Nope! your lack of understanding of English language is your problem; justifiably so, since English ain't your mother tongue anyway

If you were allowed not to study any of these in English but your mother tongue, you will shout grin and discover how blind you have been.
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Broveens42(m): 9:25am On Apr 10, 2022
MindHacker9009:

It is a clear contradiction because, the same mouth used to bless was same used to curse.
It doesn't matter what was said in the past.
Because if we start considering what was said in the past, then "curse those that curse you", should still gain it's relevance in Christianity.

In the other instance, biblical Jesus asked God to forgive those that crucified him for they know not what they were doing.
You also see prior to that scene, Devil entered Judas as recorded before he betrayed biblical Jesus. So it's not like he knew what he was doing.
Same prayer was supposed to made to Judas..
#so much for brotherhood
#storybook

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2022
May you have wisdom after watching the official video on Jehovah's Witnesses you are so obsessed about.
Witnesses of Jehovah (Complete Official) - Jeremiah Films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3zp9FiyiQ

MaxInDHouse:
There is a big problem when you fail to know the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) because we are the one and only group that can teach you what Jesus taught otherwise you will continue to argue with misinformed Churchgoers! undecided

Jesus asked us to pray for our enemies {Matthew 5:43-48} because they thought they want to save us from a evil cult by persecuting us whereas they don't know what they're doing! {Luke 23:34} but that's not the case with friends who knew our worth yet trying to make fortune out of betraying us into the hands of those plotting to kill us.
That's why Jesus never prayed with people until they accept his teachings just as Jehovah's Witnesses does today! John 17:8-9
Jesus must not go against God's word which says " The one refusing to listen to the law —Even his prayer is detestable" Proverbs 28:9 God will never accept such prayers made in behalf of hypocrites like Judas Iscariot who knew what God says about Jesus' teachings {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} yet trashed it only for the love of money {Mark 8:36} God warned his prophets never to pray in behalf of hypocrites {Jeremiah 11:14; 14:11} So Judas Iscariot has sold his own soul to the devil in replacement of money! 1Timothy 6:6-9

When we pray for our enemies you should know that such prayers can't be done in their presence if we don't want trouble it's only when we notice that they don't know what they're doing {Act 7:60 compare to Matthew 5:43-48} that's why you will notice that Jehovah's Witnesses always come back to you no matter how badly you've treated them for coming to preach to you because within our hearts we must continue to wish you well! Luke 6:27-28

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
There is a big problem when you fail to know the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) because we are the one and only group that can teach you what Jesus taught otherwise you will continue to argue with misinformed Churchgoers! undecided...

There is no difference between you and a Vulture and Hyena.
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:52am On Apr 10, 2022
Broveens42:

It is a clear contradiction because, the same mouth used to bless was same used to curse.

You people are quite stupid since you do not know the difference between a Curse and Cursing vs. Declaration of What must happen because of the road you have taken.

Let me give you small sense!
Exactly as we say "the way you take like woman eh, your life no go better at all" or of you drive like this then you must have an accident or kill person" none of these are Curses but a declaration of what shall be.

Different from "You no go get better work for your life" even if the person is a studious student. That's a curse.

So, you are talking rubbish!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2022
MindHacker9009:
May you have wisdom after watching the official video on Jehovah's Witnesses you are so obsessed about.

What has this got to do with the topic of discussion?
Well if there's no further question about Jesus' teachings and it's practical applications i'll say "thanks for your time"
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

There is no difference between you and a Vulture and Hyena.

Thanks and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:02am On Apr 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well if there's no further question about Jesus' teachings and it's practical applications i'll say "thanks for your time"

MaxInDHouse post=111798003[b:
]that's why you will notice that Jehovah's Witnesses always come back to you no matter how badly you've treated them for coming to preach to you[/b] because within our hearts we must continue to wish you well! Luke 6:27-28

Hence my response: May you have wisdom after watching the official video on Jehovah's Witnesses you are so obsessed about.

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:05am On Apr 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:
that's why you will notice that Jehovah's Witnesses always come back to you no matter how badly you've treated them for coming to preach to you because within our hearts we must continue to wish you well! Luke 6:27-28

Hence my response: May you have wisdom after watching this official video on Jehovah's Witnesses you are so obsessed about.

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks and may you have PEACE! smiley

I already have Peace. He lives with me. But I must notice when a man is reduced to "Scavenging"! That definitely is A Curse!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Broveens42(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You people are quite stupid since you do not know the difference between a Curse and Cursing vs. Declaration of What must happen because of the road you have taken.

Let me give you small sense!
Exactly as we say "the way you take like woman eh, your life no go better at all" or of you drive like this then you must have an accident or kill person" none of these are Curses but a declaration of what shall be.

Different from "You no go get better work for your life" even if the person is a studi. :Pous student. That's a curse.

So, you are talking rubbish!

So this examples were all you had to put together just to wallow in your delusion?
My goodness!
I'm not even interested in what is curse or not.
I just rightly pointed to you as to why biblical Jesus didn't practice what he preached.

There were other curses laid on the biblical first man(Adam),

And biblical Jesus couldn't save Judas from his own curse.. grin

#So much for brotherhood
#storybook
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Hence my response: May you have wisdom after watching this official video on Jehovah's Witnesses you are so obsessed about.

You are talking about Jesus' teachings regarding praying for our enemies and i show you how he did it and how practical his teachings are today among his true disciples.

So the topic of discussion is based on the attitude of Jesus and his disciples towards those who chose to hurt them for their faith, anything apart from that is tantamount to a diversion! undecided

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I already have Peace. He lives with me. But I must notice when a man is reduced to "Scavenging"! That definitely is A Curse!

Keep your Jesus as your attitude has proved how close you are to him!

Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2022
Broveens42:

I'm not even interested in what is curse or not.

I just rightly pointed to you as to why biblical Jesus didn't practice what he preached.

And that is what is making you stupid. If you can not identify the difference between Letters (Curses) and Numbers (Not Curses), then you must write or speak like a F00L!

And as one of the examiners here, (for it is incorrect and invalid that you mark your own script (ANOTHER PROOF OF STUPIDITY. exactly like a student marking his own answers, is wrong because AS YOU JUST DID, HE MUST MARK HIMSELF "RIGHT" EVEN WHERE HE WAS WRONG! SO NO ONE ACCEPTS THAT KIND OF RESULT)

I do say you are stupid for it is impossible to give a correct Answer if you do not know the difference between Curses and "not curses" exactly like the illiterate who does not know the difference between Letters and Numbers!
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by TAYO124: 11:42am On Apr 10, 2022
At the rate you are going you will advocate pardon for All evil ever done in the world from time immemorial.
Be warned this is a journey without a comfortable destination.
Re: Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? by Broveens42(m): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And that is what is making you stupid. If you can not identify the difference between Letters (Curses) and Numbers (Not Curses), then you must write or speak like a F00L!

And as one of the examiners here, (for it is incorrect and invalid that you mark your own script (ANOTHER PROOF OF STUPIDITY. exactly like a student marking his own answers, is wrong because AS YOU JUST DID, HE MUST MARK HIMSELF "RIGHT" EVEN WHERE HE WAS WRONG! SO NO ONE ACCEPTS THAT KIND OF RESULT)

I do say you are stupid for it is impossible to give a correct Answer if you do not know the difference between Curses and "not curses" exactly like the illiterate who does not know the difference between Letters and Numbers!

No! if I want to go that lane with you ( ie. ascertain how sensible you are), I would simply ask you to show me where it was written; woe to him whom the son of man would be betrayed,for it were better he wasn't born"...

But I just want to stick to your inability to decipher clear contradictions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Technology A Spiritual Invention (witchcraft)? / Need Help, Muslims / What Did The Pastor Preach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.