Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky (33102 Views)

Chadian Army Proudly Displays Nigerian-Built Armoured Personnel Carriers (Photos / Taliban Parade American Military Equipments & Armoured Trucks: Pics & Video / Taliban Steal £62BILLION Worth Of Helicopters, Armoured Vehicles & Weapons(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by tommynico(m): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Excuzeme:

You forgot that it was "ordinary Argentina", not even a Military Power, that almost finished "great" Britain, during the Faklands War!
UK is just hiding under America, to remain relevant and that is why it just does "anything" the America wants!
"Puppet" will be too-dignifying a word, to describe the UK right now.

Russia can be described as a "young" Nation that is on the rise (after the break-up of USSR) and we can see the difference between Russia and the other break-away Nations from USSR, including Ukraine.
All of them have become Vassal States of the E.U. but it is only Russia that has remained standing, progressing as a World Power and can even look the other World powers in the eye.

It is the "FEAR" of the growth and emergence of Russia that is spurring all these American-backed conflicts between Europe, Baltic States and Russia.
America cannot stand another World Power, you can see its "containment Policy" with China, as well but No Empire lasts forever, as they say.
America will come and go, just like the others, it is just a mattter of time.

Which Argentina almost finished UK cheesy...
Read your history well and as proper.

Which Russia is a young country?
Which country was the epicentre of communism, before it spreaded into eastern europe?

The real fear for the USA before China would always be The great USSR, of which Russia can never equated, and even then, the same empire crumbled because of overstretched resources and lack of institutions to prevent collapse as the world withnessed in 1991.

Today's Russia is just parroting on the fame and awe of the past USSR. Why do you think Putin still lament the collapse of the Soviet Union?

If it were the USSR, I would concur that the UK cannot compare, but this exposed Russia will be made to sweat and bleed if handled by UK. The only advantage they have is just the number of nuclear weapons, and nothing more.
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by railone(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
fairheart:

You sounded so educated, yet you do not understand geopolitical games. Russia is not weak; I can tell you that Russia is not weak.
What's happening in Ukraine is not a test of capabilities, but sheer decimation -- to make the Ukraine infrastructurally, economically, and financially weak. With this visibly seen, the idea that Ukraine will not join NATO is not fully registered and is being accepted by the whole of the EU.

Secondly, consider that Russia is not a weak state. Russia is the only country that has been able to stop the U.S military agenda in the middle east, with Syria being an example. There is still a government in Syria because Russia's military and bases are there, despite the U.S pushing for the removal of Assad.

Also, the heavy casualty is expected of any army involved in urban warfare as there is a high risk of exposure. Urban warfare is the most difficult, and so a country with the strong army is at risk of losing, and this could be the U.S, or China.

One thing I do see as a major weakness on the part of its military if you understand Russia's military history is the morale of its army. The soldiers are unwilling to fight. When it comes to weapons, Russia is one of the best 3 countries with the most effective military hardware, and that is why they are the second-largest producer of weapons in the world. A country cannot be the second-largest arms supplier if it does not have military prowess. According to some analyses, Russia has the best air defence system in the world and some of the most efficient submarines. And do not forget, the country is also a major leader in space technologies and others.

I want to believe that if the invasion of Ukraine were to be an all-out war, Ukraine's Capital would be in ruin by now. Or do you think they couldn't strike the capital? They can! But this is not an all-out war! Remember their goal is to weaken Ukraine so that it becomes unsuitable for EU membership and force it to abandon NATO membership.

I read here how Nairaland kids compare Russia to Nigeria; while Russia may not be right with its invasion, it does not make it a less country, stooping so low that anyone would compare it to Nigeria or even any country in the EU. The largest country in the world, with 11-time zone or so, one of the 3 largest producers of wheat, oil, and other vital products the world depends. No matter how terrible she is faring in its military activities in Ukraine, Russia is still a nation of global importance and a strategic country. That is why other global players like Germany, China, India, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Qatar, and so on deal with it and continue to deal with it.

Whether Russia wins or loses, its global importance will not vanish. In fact, I suspect that the outcome in Ukraine will make Russia further modernize its army for the next generation of war.

My position is that dialogue is the best method. Weapon never makes peace, but pieces. I hope you learn a little!

did you just say Russia stop the US in Syria... Smh.. if the US wanted Assad gone, he'd have been from there even before Russia entered the war.
NATO presence in Syria was against terrorism, ISIS not the Civil War in Syria.
That's a whole different scenario.

Imagine NATO in a country for 2 years and there's no regime change. that's laughable
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by Excuzeme: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
tommynico:

Which Argentina almost finished UK cheesy...
Read your history well and as proper.

Which Russia is a young country?
Which country was the epicentre of communism, before it spreaded into eastern europe?

The real fear for the USA before China would always be The great USSR, of which Russia can never equated, and even then, the same empire crumbled because of overstretched resources and lack of institutions to prevent collapse as the world withnessed in 1991.

Today's Russia is just parroting on the fame and awe of the past USSR. Why do you think Putin still lament the collapse of the Soviet Union?

If it were the USSR, I would concur that the UK cannot compare, but this exposed Russia will be made to sweat and bleed if handled by UK. The only advantage they have is just the number of nuclear weapons, and nothing more.

Russia was just a State, one of the States in the USSR.
It is akin to RIvers or Lagos or Abuja, within the country called Nigeria.
Some people still think "Russia, means the whole USSR, it is not, just like Lagos does not mean the whole Nigeria. grin

Go and read how long the Faklands War took Britain to conclude... and that was with an Argentina that is a 'nobody', in military ranking!
If it took Britain that long to overcome Argentina, despite being an "all out war", why are you guys raking that Russia has not levelled Ukraine in Six Weeks, despite that not being one of the objectives of Russia?
Why hold Russia to a different, higher standard, if it is not a World Power?

"Bigger" is always better otherwise, why would America need "Allies and Partners" to fight countries like Afghanistan, Iraq or even Libya?
Why does the UK need to hide under NATO, for it to fight its wars?
Why does Germany, France, etc come together as "E.U", to confront Russia, why cant say France alone face Russia?

Russia surely must miss the strength of USSR, because some of its strength lies in that geographical spread.
Anyway, each man to his opinion. I am done on this one.

1 Like

Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by tommynico(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
Excuzeme:

Russia was just a State, one of the States in the USSR.
It is akin to RIvers or Lagos or Abuja, within the country called Nigeria.
Some people still think "Russia, means the whole USSR, it is not, just like Lagos does not mean the whole Nigeria. grin

Go and read how long the Faklands War took Britain to conclude... and that was with an Argentina that is a 'nobody', in military ranking!
If it took Britain that long to overcome Argentina, despite being an "all out war", why are you guys raking that Russia has not levelled Ukraine in Six Weeks, despite that not being one of the objectives of Russia?
Why hold Russia to a different, higher standard, if it is not a World Power?

"Bigger" is always better otherwise, why would America need "Allies and Partners" to fight countries like Afghanistan, Iraq or even Libya?
Why does the UK need to hide under NATO, for it to fight its wars?
Why does Germany, France, etc come together as "E.U", to confront Russia, why cant say France alone face Russia?

Russia surely must miss the strength of USSR, because some of its strength lies in that geographical spread.
Anyway, each man to his opinion. I am done on this one.

Russia was not just a part or member of the USSR, she was the principal state, just as the USA is the principal state in the NATO.

Concerning the Falkland war. Let me correct you by saying the war cannot be compared with this one because;

Firstly, the Falkland war was fought thousands of miles from the UK land border thereby requiring a whole lot of time to set up a battle group to confront the adversary. This means they would have to sail the vast opennes of the Atlantic some days before they can actually fight off the Argentines who thought they could stand the might of the GB. And in no time after reaching shore, they mopped out the Argentines with little to no effort. That was how the war panned out.

The EU was formed on the basis of collective prosperity and was in no way against Russia. Infact, had it been that the Russians did not let their pride lead them, they could have joined, become wealthy, and be able to take command of the European destiny, but instead they choose to claim they are a great power, and unknown to them, thatbthe power is diminishing. All these one Putin is doing is just one last hurrah for the road.

And I stand to be corrected, Russia has nothing to offer to the world except brute force. There's no ideology and core value, other than the dream to revive the lost lands of the USSR.
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by newoffer: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
History rodent. U try
Oddfinder:

You guys should be reasonable na. Russia is not techy yet they are solely responsible for keeping the international space station afloat in space. I mean they keep it moving and steady in space..Russia is the only country that has successfully weaponised satlights in space.. you guys are just saying trash and wallowing in chronic ignorance..if Russia was that weak don't u think the US wil be all over the place showing themselves? We know how e de sup normally wit US.
Now u don't expect Russia to carpet bomb bomb Ukraine as the US and NATO would, do u? More dan 45% Ukrainians are native Russians..ur hate for Russia cannot change reality..Ukraine is getting destroyed. Innocent people are dieing and no single bullet have been fired into into Russia. Instead make una negotiate and reach compromise una de pour fuel for fire..una de mad ni?
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by VirileNelly2420: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
obedience4:

Wow, I forgot you are a retire military general..
Keep leaving in dream land..
Wot dovu mean Dreamland? ...I mean, have u heard of Russians firing missiles into kyiv?
... so, wot happens wen dey choose to?

With hypersonic missiles, d job is done! ...just like odas.

Don't tell me Ukraine has any magic to do. I don't believe in magic either.
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by Adjovi: 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
House34:

Very good point,..i prefer dey negotiate for peace but most eu politician like pm johnson have hidden agenda and choose to keep pumping weapon into ukraine and in the coming days ukraine will face heavy bloodbath ..more weapon is not the solution.i hope peace regime

And that stupid Ukrainian president just dey mumu dey collect the weapons when it is his country that is getting destroyed.
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by basadenet: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
Many promises but many still not fulfilled.
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by OMBIIGA: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
What a risky move !! Just imagine if a Russian missile exterminate the PM? What would be the war dynamics.
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by newdawn2017(f): 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
tommynico:

The have no business invading Russia. As much as Russia disapproves of Nato being too close to her borders, there's little Putin can do because Russia has no attraction except for brute force, not even protection. But the west/Nato/EU has a lot to offer Ukrain and the surrounding countries which is the attraction drawing them to these groups. Besides, these nations have been ruled true centuries by Moscow and they know what it feels like to be under Moscow's boots, so they do not want to experience such again and neither do they want to remain poor.
hmmm shocked
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by WhizdomXX(m): 12:30am On Apr 11, 2022
obedience4:

Although your name is wisdom.
But it is obvious you ain't gat any...
You think Britain is a 3rd world country
Mr obedience, keep on obeying your colonial masters yimmu
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by BERNIMOORE: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2022
Adjovi:

All I'm saying is when Russia starts I know wan dey hear war crimes up and down .
you forget that they have started more than a month ago..when you start a fight, you can't tell when it will end and who will win
Re: UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky by House34: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
OMBIIGA:
What a risky move !! Just imagine if a Russian missile exterminate the PM? What would be the war dynamics.
That man just looking for a way to save his job to gain public support and boost his public rating by going to ukraine but that will not work he will still be force to resign due to his covid party error.politician and funny characters to manipulate the public)))

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Your Plans To Join NATO Grave Mistake – Russia Warns Finland, Sweden / California Wildfire Update: 11 Dead, 35 Missing, The Worst In California History / Rashida Tlaib Member Of Secret Facebook Group Where Hamas Terrorist Glorified.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.