Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone (323 Views)

Professional Referee Suspended For Using A Fan's Phone To Review A Goal / EPL: Pele Reacts As Ronaldo Officially Returns To Man Utd / Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone by Donchieli: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo apologised after he appeared to smash a fan's phone following Manchester United's 1-0 loss at Everton on Saturday.

Anthony Gordon's deflected first-half strike consigned United to a second straight Premier League away defeat for the first time since January 2020.

It was a significant blow to the Red Devils' hopes of qualifying for the Champions League, with Tottenham's victory over Aston Villa later in the day leaving Ralf Rangnick's side six points adrift of the top four.

Following the final whistle, a video emerged on social media which claimed to show Ronaldo breaking an Everton supporter's phone by throwing it into the floor.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner subsequently took to Instagram to explain his actions and offer to host the fan at Old Trafford "as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship".

"It's never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing," Ronaldo wrote.

"Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.

"I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship."

United have now triumphed in just eight of their 17 Premier League games under Rangnick, with the German's 47 per cent win ratio the club's worst under any manager in the competition.

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/ronaldo-apologises-after-appearing-to-smash-fans-phone-following-man-utd-loss-2022040921251722086/

1 Like

Re: Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone by Treasure17(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
Emotional outburst from Ronaldo which is unacceptable. The good thing is, he has apologized.
Re: Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone by Mickykarim: 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
This is what you get from a SPENT force. ManU's fortune took a dive for the worse after the exit of Sir Alex Ferguson. Ronaldo had nothing to contribute to the club. I warned and screamed to whoever cared to listen when the team went for the DEAD horse called a Ronaldo.

He has now resorted to fisticuffs to vent his frustration. The only outlet left to him to prove his USELESSNESS to the club.

1 Like

Re: Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone by SUPERPACK: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
Mickykarim:
This is what you get from a SPENT force. ManU's fortune took a dive for the worse after the exit of Sir Alex Ferguson. Ronaldo had nothing to contribute to the club. I warned and screamed to whoever cared to listen when the team went for the DEAD horse called a Ronaldo.

He has now resorted to fisticuffs to vent his frustration. The only outlet left to him to prove his USELESSNESS to the club.
The rants of a church rat.
Re: Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone by paulolee(m): 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
Frustration oo
Re: Another Frustrating Night For Man United As Ronaldo Smashes A Fan's Phone by paulolee(m): 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
Mickykarim:

I swear..

(1) (Reply)

Erik Ten Hag: Man UTD Appoints Ajax Boss As New Manager (details) / Tyson Fury Knocks Out Dillian Whyte To Retain WBC Heavyweight Title / The Sanction Is Too Heavy, Reason We Can't Fight To Keep Antonio Rudiger- Tuchel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.