Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife (16960 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / Where Can I Find Good Christian Telegram Channel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Cutehector(m): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2022
zuto4u:
Well said, but I do not subscribe to the part that says; she does not try to change him. What if her husband is a criminal, a drunkard or a ritualist, shouldn't the wife make an effort to change him into becoming a better man?
his personality traits, i think that is what he meant and not his job or what he does for a living.. For what people do for a living, its either a yes or no.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by marymaria(f): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2022
Religion is number one world scam
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Saintmary(f): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2022
chiommy123:
So a Godly wife should just behave like a robot? Well that's a lie. You don't treat people anyhow and expect them to treat you like a king. You guys always highlights the submission part and total ignore the love part

Of course naw, these people are twisting the Bible to control women.

Just like the colonialists did.

Never forget, it's all about control.

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by yahwehpickin(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2022
manehtech:
If you are married, or if you aspire to be married, the Lord calls you to be submissive to your husband. Your husband is called by God to lead your family. As his wife, God has placed you under his authority and has given him the responsibility of leading and caring for you. He must answer for how he leads and cares for you before God. You must answer for how you submit to your husband’s leadership before God.

A godly wife does not talk back to her husband or argue with him in public. She does not try to control her husband or tell him what she thinks he should do (Proverbs 21:9). She does not try to change him (Proverbs 27:15-16). She does not tell him how things should be done (Proverbs 9:cool. Rather, a godly wife is submissive to her husband both in speech and in action (Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Peter 3:1-2; Colossians 3:18; Titus 2:5).

A Good Wife is God-conscious
A God-conscious woman recognizes that there is a creator of the universe who has authority over every aspect of her life. She follows his guidelines and respects his will for her life.

A good wife honors, loves and cherishes God because she knows that he first loved her. As she knows him, she desires to please him in all things by being a doer of the word and not just a hearer. Her prayers are powerful as she faithfully prays for those around her and always gives thanks to the Lord for everything (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

She respects her husband
Respect is an important part of a marriage because it helps your husband feel confident in who he is and in his role as the head of your household. Respect him for the leadership that he provides, for his parents, for his friends and their opinions, for his dreams, for his authority, for the decisions that he makes, and even for the time that you spend with him.

You can show respect to your husband by:

Listening to what he says without interrupting or becoming distracted
Acknowledging his accomplishments (i.e., thanking him when he fixes something)
Letting him know that you need help around the house so that you don’t burn out
Giving a word of encouragement when he needs it most

She serves the Lord
God’s Word has much to say about women who are preparing to become wives and mothers. The qualities of a good wife in the Bible exist both within the pages of Titus and Proverbs, where we learn what we can expect from faithful women in God’s Kingdom. Women who are exemplary often possess many characteristics, like a godly trustworthiness and generosity. They also manage resources wisely, have a good reputation within their community, and are kind to others.

https://churchgists.com/qualities-of-a-good-wife-in-the-bible/

If she is to do all these, then I think you skipped the part where they are one. Leaving your father and mother and cleave to your wife!!!!

All you have is hers and all she has is your because both of you are one now. Oneness of mind and heart

You also skipped this

Ephesians 5:25
[25]Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by maureensylvia(f): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2022
Lamasta:

Why are you still unmarried

Lol
Married for 7 years
Check my profile and diary cheesy
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by maureensylvia(f): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2022
Cutehector:
please i'm interested , if you really understand these qualities. I am tired, so tired of meeting war mongers.

Awwww
You will find, keep searching
I'm taken cheesy
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Akuruoulo(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2022
chiommy123:
So a Godly wife should just behave like a robot? Well that's a lie. You don't treat people anyhow and expect them to treat you like a king. You guys always highlights the submission part and total ignore the love part
MADAM THIS IS FOR WOMEN. U CAN UPDATE US ON THE GODLY HUSBANDS , AND TRUST ME THAT U WILL FIND LOVE THERE. NOBODY IS HOLDING U BACK ON HOW U SHOULD ACT IN UR MARRIAGE. ACT ANYWAY U LIKE AND COLLECT ANYTHING U GET .
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Cutehector(m): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2022
maureensylvia:

Awwww
You will find, keep searching
I'm taken cheesy
kiss

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2022
Nitah1:
Just remain for your papa house if you are not ready to submit.

Imagine...

How many women love men they are fucking in and out of marriage?

Majority of you pretend to love cos of finaciy gain grin you can testify to that.
The mentality of the average Nigerian men is so laughable at. In 2022, this one still thinks a woman must live with her parents if she is single. What a pity!!! Big daddy ...big fo.ool.

And these are the same people leading Nigeria. grin Failures. Just look at the whole country. Lol. Are these so called men prosperous? Failures.

If you put this empty and blocked head with ladies, you will see that I am not abusing him. Fufu and eba have blocked his brain. Reall, what do Nigerian men know more than sex and food. Just put a plate of eba in front of this one and see how he will start sweating like a Xmas he-goat.. grin and the next is to ejaculate after 50 seconds on a woman. Lol grin

If you don't clear off my mention.... you go just harm yourself. That tiny rod of yours that is making you misbehave, na back hand go make it go down from the erection you are expressing presently. Dem dey count men, you too wan answer...na back hand go reset your brain.

3 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Akuruoulo(m): 10:41am On Apr 10, 2022
Parmeeh:
Na people like you go dey tell them to stay in abusive relationships, tueh!!
SIMPle man i concur. BUT DID HE SAY SOMETHING LIKE THE THRASH U JUST WROTE ? MAYBE PEOPLE AROUND U ARE THE ONES WHO TELL PEOPLE TO STICK TO ABUSIVE MARRIAGE
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by kumulus(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2022
There are good women as there are bad women but there is only a wife, no good nor bad. Just a wife!

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Angelinastto(f): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2022
Kikikiki grin
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Kobojunkie: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2022
chiommy123:
They highlight a curse - submission was a curse God placed on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 - in order to deceive gullible women into bowing to their himself, knowing fully well that all that live under the curse will not enter into the presence of God nor God's Heaven..undecided

That curse is one of the very same set God sent Jesus Christ to redeem individuals from - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 - , so that all those who refuse to live under the curse will be saved. Sadly, people don't know God because all they feed on at the lies from the mouths of these pastors and mogs who grow their kingdom on earth with their lives. undecided

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Kobojunkie: 10:49am On Apr 10, 2022
Akaekpuchiowa:
Big lier
Ofcourse I am a big liar because it js hard for many of you to think for yourselves. undecided

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Kobojunkie: 10:52am On Apr 10, 2022
donogaga:

If you lack wisdom, ask.
The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
But una no dey ever hear word.
You all fear the disdain of your Pastors and mogs and what people will say more than you even fear God so stop deceiving yourselves. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by onunwa21(m): 10:56am On Apr 10, 2022
maureensylvia:
I possess all qualities cheesy
Then one thing is remaining, you must know how to ride a dic**k
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by phemmyfour: 10:57am On Apr 10, 2022
chiommy123:
Being submissive doesn't mean you don't have a say

Being submissive means presenting your opinion in a humbly manner like Serah and Queen Esther
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by dhiqson(m): 10:57am On Apr 10, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

The mentality of the average Nigerian men is so laughable at. In 2022, this one still thinks a woman must live with her parents if she is single. What a pity!!! Big daddy ...big fo.ool.

And these are the same people leading Nigeria. grin Failures. Just look at the whole country. Lol. Are these so called men prosperous? Failures.

If you put this empty and blocked head with ladies, you will see that I am not abusing him. Fufu and eba have blocked his brain. Reall, what do Nigerian men know more than sex and food. Just put a plate of eba in front of this one and see how he will start sweating like a Xmas he-goat.. grin and the next is to ejaculate after 50 seconds on a woman. Lol grin

If you don't clear off my mention.... you go just harm yourself. That tiny rod of yours that is making you misbehave, na back hand go make it go down from the election you are expressing presently. Dem dey count men, you too wan answer...na back hand go reset your brain.

Sir, what's your ideal wife?
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by dhiqson(m): 10:58am On Apr 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
They highlight a curse - submission was a curse God placed on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 - in order to deceive gullible women into bowing to their himself, knowing fully well that all that live under the curse will not enter into the presence of God nor God's Heaven..undecided

That curse is one of the very same set God sent Jesus Christ to redeem individuals from - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 - , so that all those who refuse to live under the curse will be saved. Sadly, people don't know God because all they feed on at the lies from the mouths of these pastors and mogs who grow their kingdom on earth with their lives. undecided

So sir what the qualities a godly woman possess
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Kobojunkie: 11:03am On Apr 10, 2022
dhiqson:
So sir what the qualities a godly woman possess
If God Almighty taught it important for you to find these so-called godly women, this after He cursed marriage Himself in Genesis 3 vs 16 - don't you think He would have given you instructions on how to? undecided

But neither God nor Jesus Christ sent any of you out looking for your illusive godly women or men. undecided

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nitah1: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

If you don't clear off my mention.... you go just harm yourself. That tiny rod of yours that is making you misbehave, na back hand go make it go down from the election you are expressing presently. Dem dey count men, you too wan answer...na back hand go reset your brain.

I understand and accepted to clear off your mention for the fact that receiving insults from a toxic and a frustrated ex pros is not what I dreamt for.

Keep shelding secret tears while you age away.

And yes if you are about to hit monapause your parents will send you packing for the fact that you have become a disgrace to the family.

You are so shameless.

Now tell me...with this your toxicity how many men have abandoned you after increasing your meter?

I beg mod not to interven...if you were born olosho you jamb born agbero in woman form like you.

You posed as a woman so shall I treat you as one....

Gay do behave like women atimes.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by maureensylvia(f): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2022
onunwa21:

Then one thing is remaining, you must know how to ride a dic**k

A1
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by 1864urrr: 11:26am On Apr 10, 2022
[s]
helinues:
grin
[/s]
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by friendlyadvice: 11:28am On Apr 10, 2022
Ability to ride that d!ck
Ability to cook a storm on coins
Ability to shut up when her husband speaks
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Austin4Jesus(m): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2022
Nonexisting:
She must be ready to submit to a bully husband and should be willing to die in an abusive marriage.

Hence the need for her to be prayerful and seek God's direction to the right man that will not bully her in marriage. Some of them sees the signs but greed for money or wanting to marry quick quick blinds them and they choose to manage Him until She can not manage anymore.. Let Men that bully die single, they do not deserve a wife and Women should not also push their husband to the wall and make him a beast that he was not at first. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2022
Cutehector:
please i'm interested , if you really understand these qualities. I am tired, so tired of meeting war mongers.

Thought you were hooked already?
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:36am On Apr 10, 2022
What are the qualities of a good Christian husband?
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Sleekfingers: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2022
manehtech:
If you are married, or if you aspire to be married, the Lord calls you to be submissive to your husband. Your husband is called by God to lead your family. As his wife, God has placed you under his authority and has given him the responsibility of leading and caring for you. He must answer for how he leads and cares for you before God. You must answer for how you submit to your husband’s leadership before God.

A godly wife does not talk back to her husband or argue with him in public. She does not try to control her husband or tell him what she thinks he should do (Proverbs 21:9). She does not try to change him (Proverbs 27:15-16). She does not tell him how things should be done (Proverbs 9:cool. Rather, a godly wife is submissive to her husband both in speech and in action (Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Peter 3:1-2; Colossians 3:18; Titus 2:5).

A Good Wife is God-conscious
A God-conscious woman recognizes that there is a creator of the universe who has authority over every aspect of her life. She follows his guidelines and respects his will for her life.

A good wife honors, loves and cherishes God because she knows that he first loved her. As she knows him, she desires to please him in all things by being a doer of the word and not just a hearer. Her prayers are powerful as she faithfully prays for those around her and always gives thanks to the Lord for everything (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

She respects her husband
Respect is an important part of a marriage because it helps your husband feel confident in who he is and in his role as the head of your household. Respect him for the leadership that he provides, for his parents, for his friends and their opinions, for his dreams, for his authority, for the decisions that he makes, and even for the time that you spend with him.

You can show respect to your husband by:

Listening to what he says without interrupting or becoming distracted
Acknowledging his accomplishments (i.e., thanking him when he fixes something)
Letting him know that you need help around the house so that you don’t burn out
Giving a word of encouragement when he needs it most

She serves the Lord
God’s Word has much to say about women who are preparing to become wives and mothers. The qualities of a good wife in the Bible exist both within the pages of Titus and Proverbs, where we learn what we can expect from faithful women in God’s Kingdom. Women who are exemplary often possess many characteristics, like a godly trustworthiness and generosity. They also manage resources wisely, have a good reputation within their community, and are kind to others.

https://churchgists.com/qualities-of-a-good-wife-in-the-bible/

Thrash......
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by oyinmykel: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2022
zuto4u:
Well said, but I do not subscribe to the part that says; she does not try to change him. What if her husband is a criminal, a drunkard or a ritualist, shouldn't the wife make an effort to change him into becoming a better man?

In my opinion, i think the first mistake women make is trying so hard to change a man.
Whereas, it same patience it requires to soften a stone is the same needed to change a man.

I believe that was in the context of the verse
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by descarado: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2022
And the robots scream amen grin

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
dhiqson:

Sir, what's your ideal wife?
Neither is no such thing as an ideal individual, nor such thing as a perfect man or woman. The main issue I have is that the Nigerian society oppresses women. For what purpose?

There are evil women in the world, just as there are evil men. However, we are discussing the family system. Men want to be rulers, but they have repeatedly failed in this country. I am disgusted with man's leadership style, which is easily manipulated by a strong desire for food and ejaculation. Can't you see how they act out of control when they see food? Seeing their tiny joysticks get erected at anything sexual is disgusting?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Yorubas More Muslims Than Christains / List Of Nations Mentioned In The Holy Bible / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.