Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,520 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife (16932 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / Where Can I Find Good Christian Telegram Channel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by oyinmykel: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
dear christian women, if you follow this op's today, you will be so unhappy and miserable, that you will be begging for divorce. The scammer of a pastor you will run to for help will only give you bible verses without any assistance, condemning you to hell on earth.

Submission comes naturally when your man loves and respects you. If your husband hasn't done that, you are under no obligation to be scammed. Pursue your happiness first because marriage will definitely not provide it, neither will children.

Look at the gospel singer that sang 'Ekwueme', the current news is that she died due to domestic violence.

Another problem in marriage is lack of total understanding of scripture.
The Bible never says “women, submit to your husbands when he loves you” and neither did it say “husbands, love your wife when she is submissive towards you”.

Woman submit is an admonishment because an average woman lacks submission. But talking about love, women can love to a fault; that was the reason Apostle Paul was admonishing them to add the missing ingredient (submission) in their perfection to it.

Likewise, an average man has no problem with submission. That is why majority of men will naturally go for women that are younger than them. Submission is not a challenge for a man; it is in his default setting. But love is not part of what a man does by nature. It takes extra grace and determination for a man to genuinely love his wife to the extent of giving his life for her. That was the message the Apostle was giving to the people of Ephesus

2 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Yimmicks: 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
This post shouldn’t be taken serious.
It takes two to work on a marriage.
Submission is not the same as not interrupting him when speaking.. that’s a communication etiquette. Submission also doesn’t mean you should not have an opinion or never disagree with your husband ( not in a rude way though)..
Also, respect is a mutual.

3 Likes

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Uchedizzy(f): 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Just following
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Oyiboman69: 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
chiommy123:
So a Godly wife should just behave like a robot? Well that's a lie. You don't treat people anyhow and expect them to treat you like a king. You guys always highlights the submission part and total ignore the love part

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by saintnegroid(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
maureensylvia:

I've been married for 7years cheesy
hahahahaha... I have been scammed then
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by SeriouslySense(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
okay

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Bluebrain101: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
oyinmykel:

Another problem in marriage is lack of total understanding of scripture.
The Bible never says “women, submit to your husbands when he loves you” and neither did it say “husbands, love your wife when she is submissive towards you”.

Woman submit is an admonishment because an average woman lacks submission. But talking about love, women can love to a fault; that was the reason Apostle Paul was admonishing them to add the missing ingredient (submission) in their perfection to it.

Likewise, an average man has no problem with submission. That is why majority of men will naturally go for women that are younger than them. Submission is not a challenge for a man; it is in his default setting. But love is not part of what a man does by nature. It takes extra grace and determination for a man to genuinely love his wife to the extent of giving his life for her. That was the message the Apostle was giving to the people of Ephesus

Kabaya!!!!!
You are a person of understanding!!!!!!!!! I was about writing the same thing before seeing your comment!! I celebrate grace!

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Oyindidi(f): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
maureensylvia:
I possess all qualities cheesy
can I drop my pen?
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by godwinstringed1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
dear christian women, if you follow this op's today, you will be so unhappy and miserable, that you will be begging for divorce. The scammer of a pastor you will run to for help will only give you bible verses without any assistance, condemning you to hell on earth.

Submission comes naturally when your man loves and respects you. If your husband hasn't done that, you are under no obligation to be scammed. Pursue your happiness first because marriage will definitely not provide it, neither will children.

Look at the gospel singer that sang 'Ekwueme', the current news is that she died due to domestic violence.
I love your contribution. I personally can't date a lady who can't criticise my actions
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Bluebrain101: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
godwinstringed1:

I love your contribution. I personally can't date a lady who can't criticise my actions

Exactly!! That's why Nigerians don't move forward. They can't take simple criticism and move on to get in thier life. They will draft out a fallacy from it
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
oyinmykel:
Another problem in marriage is lack of total understanding of scripture. The Bible never says “women, submit to your husbands when he loves you” and neither did it say “husbands, love your wife when she is submissive towards you”.

Submission in Marriage is God's curse on marriage, not a blessing. - Genesis 3 vs 16. God cursed marriage because of the fall of man, from the beginning all but guaranteeing that anyone who enters into the cursed union will never know His true blessings and never enter into His presence after death, this the same Jesus Christ who made it known over 2000 years ago that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - meaning there are no such things as Christian marriages. undecided

Most indeed do not understand and so damned their souls by their foolishness as they submit themselves to the wickedness of men who are nothing but the very false teachers and false prophets that Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of.. undecided

Then the same God later sent Jesus Christ to redeem only those who submit to Him instead of the curse, from the curse. What this means is anyone who chooses to continue submitting in marriage chooses the curse and its consequences over Jesus Christ.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Yimmicks:
This post shouldn’t be taken serious.
It takes two to work on a marriage.
Submission is not the same as not interrupting him when speaking.. that’s a communication etiquette. Submission also doesn’t mean you should not have an opinion or never disagree with your husband ( not in a rude way though)..
Also, respect is a mutual.
Submission is a curse God placed on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16, one of the very same curses that Jesus Christ came to redeem those who will believe in Him from. Anyone who submits in marriage is cursed and will never enter into the presence of God- Heaven since only that which is Holy(not cursed) can enter into the presence of God. undecided
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Aaay: 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Tell them
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
manehtech:
If you are married, or if you aspire to be married, the Lord calls you to be submissive to your husband. Your husband is called by God to lead your family. As his wife, God has placed you under his authority and has given him the responsibility of leading and caring for you. He must answer for how he leads and cares for you before God. You must answer for how you submit to your husband’s leadership before God.

A godly wife does not talk back to her husband or argue with him in public. She does not try to control her husband or tell him what she thinks he should do (Proverbs 21:9). She does not try to change him (Proverbs 27:15-16). She does not tell him how things should be done (Proverbs 9:cool. Rather, a godly wife is submissive to her husband both in speech and in action (Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Peter 3:1-2; Colossians 3:18; Titus 2:5).

A Good Wife is God-conscious
A God-conscious woman recognizes that there is a creator of the universe who has authority over every aspect of her life. She follows his guidelines and respects his will for her life.

A good wife honors, loves and cherishes God because she knows that he first loved her. As she knows him, she desires to please him in all things by being a doer of the word and not just a hearer. Her prayers are powerful as she faithfully prays for those around her and always gives thanks to the Lord for everything (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

She respects her husband
Respect is an important part of a marriage because it helps your husband feel confident in who he is and in his role as the head of your household. Respect him for the leadership that he provides, for his parents, for his friends and their opinions, for his dreams, for his authority, for the decisions that he makes, and even for the time that you spend with him.

You can show respect to your husband by:

Listening to what he says without interrupting or becoming distracted
Acknowledging his accomplishments (i.e., thanking him when he fixes something)
Letting him know that you need help around the house so that you don’t burn out
Giving a word of encouragement when he needs it most

She serves the Lord
God’s Word has much to say about women who are preparing to become wives and mothers. The qualities of a good wife in the Bible exist both within the pages of Titus and Proverbs, where we learn what we can expect from faithful women in God’s Kingdom. Women who are exemplary often possess many characteristics, like a godly trustworthiness and generosity. They also manage resources wisely, have a good reputation within their community, and are kind to others.

https://churchgists.com/qualities-of-a-good-wife-in-the-bible/

It seems Christian men need no good characteristics or qualities for marriage. Anyone who still listens to such false messages needs to be stoned.

I think we're all tired of messages directed at women while men sit and tick boxes without doing anything themselves. Your partial god must be human to come up with such messages constantly.

Open your Bible and read what the real God says for men and women, not only women.

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Saintmary(f): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
MrLondonder:

one babe call Nmezor say I should stop toastin u coz her yansh is 8time bigger than yors....can u imagine she as no respet. Anyways was yor nomba again please i have moiney? smiley

I fully support her, try her naw.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
chiommy123:
So a Godly wife should just behave like a robot? Well that's a lie. You don't treat people anyhow and expect them to treat you like a king. You guys always highlights the submission part and total ignore the love part

Can you blame them? Even pastors are men, and all men want to do is own and control to get to their heaven. The only thing in marriage is submission, their fornication and adultery doesn't matter. Lovelessness is their provender. But heavens forbid they don't get a mail order wife.

Why should they love when they can create unrealistic expectations for women daily and add in religious books to back it up? There's never a time they open the Bible for themselves. Rather they focus on perfectionism in their very imperfect lives. As if women are their Lords and heads.

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
God1000:
Humility and submissiveness

Do you have those traits? Are such traits alien to you?

Or you want to sow the whirlwind and expect to reap the gentle breeze, as men love to do?

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Bfly: 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by ajepako(f): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Mynd44, vickyrotex, ajepako, folake4u, fatymore and funkybabee have them all, but bola146 even one she no get

Five-man werey!

Only you be : enemyofpeace, enemyofprogress..babangbali..iyangbali..notorious babe,

Werey Oshogbo
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by edoboy74(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

So what if he wasn't much of a bully before marriage

Or even if he's, you are already married

You should just stay there and accept your upcoming death like ekueme singer, not asking for divorce till he finally beat you to death in the name of the father, son and holy Spirit

I wonder how you see things though but you are not a fast thinker as one would think, your reply said it all

Well you don’t just jump into marriage like that without knowing the person in-total, even if you spend as low as 1 year with a man you see a future with, it is enough for you to know what he is capable of, 365 days he can’t hide the devil in him that much

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by rosalieene(f): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Misogynistic Teachings
After being a godly wife according to you, what does she get in return? What value and godliness are you also giving her? You live the important part of the Bible where faithfulness to your wife, loving your wife is and focus on submission. Submission k.ill all of you.
The moment you guys realize that women no longer live to bruise the egos of men, the better for you.

Marriage is for the two parties and not for the woman alone.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 11, 2022
Darkseidxx:
Add she must know how to suck deek
Very important feature of a good wife
I dey here o. tongue
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
maureensylvia:
I possess all qualities cheesy
NAHHHH....! grin
... and here's why. A good "Christian wife" will not blower her own trumpets aloud for men to hear. She will let the angel (could me Uriel, Michael, Gabriel Alias Gabo1, or whoever is on the duty roster that day/night)
...Now , I hope you see why you don't have all the qualities. Do try again next year, Tsankyou. lipsrsealed
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:

" If you follow this OP's today , you will be so unhappy, yada yada..."

So, serving God and the other point he listed about a good Christian wife loving her God and desiring to please Him, are all to make her unhappy? You must know more than God who made you, and who authorised those scripture verses to be included in his holy book. undecided

Anyways....He said it that in the end times people all be lovers of themselves and not like to take heed to sound doctrines. He said we should expect these things and more. So, I expect most women here to be vexed in their spirit about the Bible verses and the instances or enumerations the OP wrote.
It has to come to past.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by maureensylvia(f): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
PaulOtl:

NAHHHH....! grin
... and here's why. A good "Christian wife" will not blower her own trumpets aloud for men to hear. She will let the angel (could me Uriel, Michael, Gabriel Alias Gabo1, or whoever is on the duty roster that day/night)
...Now , I hope you see why you don't have all the qualities. Do try again next year, Tsankyou. lipsrsealed

Lol
My hubby told me so
Also, what's happening next year grin
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
maureensylvia:

Lol
My hubby told me so
Also, what's happening next year grin
Your hubby did what!? Must have been during that moment when men are barely using their thinking faculty- nocturnal moments lipsrsealed
Jokes apart, if he did, then alright. who am I to say otherwise.
Next year nothing is happening. Just thought u were one of the single women on the thread. You know Shiloh is a yearly gathering nau...ehn.

...but you are passed that stage. So nevermind.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by DrFunmisticGlow: 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
PaulOtl:

" If you follow this OP's today , you will be so unhappy, yada yada..."

So, serving God and the other point he listed about a good Christian wife loving her God and desiring to please Him, are all to make her unhappy? You must know more than God who made you, and who authorised those scripture verses to be included in his holy book. undecided

Anyways....He said it that in the end times people all be lovers of themselves and not like to take heed to sound doctrines. He said we should expect these things and more. So, I expect most women here to be vexed in their spirit about the Bible verses and the instances or enumerations the OP wrote.
It has to come to past.
you sound so brainwashed.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
you sound so brainwashed.
* *Yawns **
Humour me undecided
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Atolu01: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
Dumb thread. A "good" wife must be "abused" after all the nonsense she must have escaped or endured while growing up. Stupid gender that cannot hold themselves to the standards they set for others.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife by Fortune118005(m): 8:59pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If God Almighty taught it important for you to find these so-called godly women, this after He cursed marriage Himself in Genesis 3 vs 16 - don't you think He would have given you instructions on how to? undecided

But neither God nor Jesus Christ sent any of you out looking for your illusive godly women or men. undecided
I did not see any marriage curse that you talked about in the Bible passage you wrote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results / Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.