Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? (8593 Views)

They Havent Rejected Me They Have Rejected And Abandoned God / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Positiveme2020: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2022
JooEeL:
You people have been praying for a better Nigeria since 1960. (A better zoo).

What has the outcome been?
undecided

It's even getting worst.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by djon78(m): 8:21am On Apr 10, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Thank God for his mercies

Thank God ,God nor be man

Because if man was God!!!

The people for earth nor for pass 3

As in eh

I won't lie, some of the greatest blessings I have gotten was when I wasn't that committed to God

But when I dey committed that's when things look rough
Praying, fasting etc

This made me realize God's grace. His grace comes to us when we are unworthy

But when we feel we are worthy, that our efforts as humans makes us worthy,that's when we struggle in life.

Ever since I simply rely on God's grace. I can never be worthy of any blessings He gives me. Only by His Mercy and Grace. Not by anything I do

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Positiveme2020: 8:22am On Apr 10, 2022
God1000:
My name is God
It's insignificant, u can call yourself whatever you wish.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by JooEeL(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2022
Positiveme2020:

It's even getting worst.

Then it has to mean the devil created Nigeria. That can only be the inference, at least for the religious folks.

I think, it's not far-fetched. cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Positiveme2020: 8:25am On Apr 10, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Nigeria is a valid proof that God does not exist.

Millions of churches and mosque, but country be retrogressive

If prayers works, US and UK should be far behind us.

Food for thought

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by unscripted(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2022
Thank you for this message
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Supersymetry: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2022
The question should be "have your prayers been answered by God before".

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by ambient: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes,I am a selfish worshipper and I hate that I am like that,
Once I get what I want the prayers reduce,I am always worried about this behavior that is why I joined some prayer group to keep the faith burning.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Truefaith: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2022
bnhg
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by ziondaughter247: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes, I have and I really regretted it later because I made some vows to God before he answered my prayers. Once he answered, I ghosted God grin, and didn't fulfil my vows. To say that I paid dearly for it is an understatement. Just like Ecclesiastes 5-7 says : "It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it. Do not let your mouth lead you into sin. And do not protest to the [temple] messenger, "My vow was a mistake." Why should God be angry at what you say and destroy the work of your hands? Much dreaming and many words are meaningless."

Better not to make a vow, than to make one and not fulfil it. I advice to think well before you make a vow to God when praying for something. The truth is that God does not need anything from you, because he is the giver of all, but he doesn't like vain talk. If you tell God to give you a juicy job and that you will sow your entire first salary to him, when he finally does, please do it immediately. Do not keep even little for yourself...
That is why you must think carefully before making a vow to God. God doesn't care if you vow to sow 100% or 1%, just make sure you do as you have promised. God keeps his word, keep yours too..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by tuoyoojo(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2022
djon78:

As in eh

I won't lie, some of the greatest blessings I have gotten was when I wasn't that committed to God

Praying, fasting etc

But when we feel we are worthy, that our efforts as humans makes us worthy,that's when we struggle in life.

Ever since I simply rely on God's grace. I can never be worthy of any blessings He gives me. Only by His Mercy and Grace. Not by anything I do
I can relate fully with what u said

Truly we are product of grace and mercy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by tuoyoojo(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2022
ziondaughter247:
Yes, I have and I really regretted it later because I made some vows to God before he answered my prayers. Once he answered, I ghosted God grin, and didn't fulfil my vows. To say that I paid dearly for it is an understatement. Just like Ecclesiastes 5-7 says : "It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it. Do not let your mouth lead you into sin. And do not protest to the [temple] messenger, "My vow was a mistake." Why should God be angry at what you say and destroy the work of your hands? Much dreaming and many words are meaningless."

Better not to make a vow, than to make one and not fulfil it. I advice to think well before you make a vow to God when praying for something. The truth is that God does not need anything from you, because he is the giver of all, but he doesn't like vain talk. If you tell God to give you a juicy job and that you will sow your entire first salary to him, when he finally does, please do it immediately. Do not keep even little for yourself...
That is why you must think carefully before making a vow to God. God doesn't care if you vow to sow 100% or 1%, just make sure you do as you have promised. God keeps his word, keep yours too..

You know, when u r in need, its very easy to make a vow but what ever u vow , u must do

Like u said, God does not need our money. He only wants our obedience

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by oshorstan(f): 9:07am On Apr 10, 2022
If God is a Man, he for done kill me. I am guilty of this, sometimes I do think it is by my strength. Later , he shows me that he was the cause. God is a King, my King. He determines everything that concerns humanity. God Bless You Lord
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Jestin: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2022
Jh0wsef:
God Is good
all the time
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by ikechemez(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes yes yes severally
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by spartan50(m): 9:14am On Apr 10, 2022
WebSurfer:
When will Africans learn they have been fooled for over a hundred years with those man made inventions called a “God” and “Bible” Or Allah/Quran ?

Only a f**l say there is no God

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by eedimo(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2022
My friend, no one can abandon God.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Love55freas(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2022
I will never do such a thing
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Love55freas(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2022
God is my all
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by VEHINTOLAR: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2022
I was guilty of this offence but now I know that He has forgiven me,hallelujah !
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by hopewealth: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes,but thank God for his mercy to receive me back to his hand
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by WebSurfer(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2022
spartan50:

Only a f**l say there is no God

Only a f0ol like you will say there is a monotheistic god without any evidence.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by AZControversial(m): 9:52am On Apr 10, 2022
Gabsozo:
When ever your testimony is short lived ... Check you must have gone against the agreement you had with him...

Always know that God is a business man when it comes to covenant and agreement

There's more truth in this than today's date

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Fuckallmods: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes and I learnt in a hard way. I vowed 10k in my yr1 1st semester if I had no carryovers. I had parallel A's in my year 1 first semester and 4.05 in second semwstee. To me I just thought it was my doing thereafter and decided to chop the money.
Yr2 result show and I had 3 carryovers from courses I was sure I'd have A's. Omo nobody told me b4 I cried back to God and fulfilled my vow. Told him there'll be a 5k increment every semester if I had no carryovers. God is faithful o, don't play with Him at all

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Alienhunter: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2022
djon78:

As in eh

Praying, fasting etc

No comment
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Alienhunter: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2022
No comment
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by redsun(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2022
When you reason properly, you get god's blessing. But the devil blesses you when you are irrational, and that is playing out majorly in Nigeria; it's the devil's playground.
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Bouncin(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2022
God has never failed me. He has been so amazing. Na me de always f*ck up. I can only say thank God for everything. If God na man him for don disown me undecided
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by otobasin2323(m): 10:49am On Apr 10, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
The real question should be has God ever abandoned you even when you beg and pray to him?

Ask this question and let people answer truthfully, you will be shocked at genuine responses
he has failed me bro, so many times.. I have gone back to my root ,
The ways of my ancestors Bleep your foreign Gods .. nonsense
Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by when2(f): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2022
[quote author=CoronaVirusPro post=111808907]

Nigeria is a valid proof that God does not exist.

Millions of churches and mosque, but country be retrogressive

If prayers works, US and UK should be far

God is a merciful Father, full of compassion and slow to anger. If not for the life he gave to you, you wouldn't have had the opportunity to come to nairaland and be saying these kind of rubbish. I don't blame you sha.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes
And I’m deeply sorry for it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / New Minimum Wage: Slash Your Salaries To Pay Workers N30,000 – Rev. Gbadero Tell / Let's Talk About Gay Rights - From A Religio-Philosophical Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.