Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Help: My Car Is In Dilemma - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help: My Car Is In Dilemma (1740 Views)

Fresh Honda Accord 2.4 EX-L 2008 car is located in Abuja !!! / My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Car Is In Dilemma by jceesquare(m): 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
surgevessel:

What exactly is your interest bro?? To tap knowledge or mark scripts. Hun??

There are two categories of people in every discussions, some engage in discussions to win, while some get involved to learn..

Back in our university days, we learnt duccess is a thing of choice, some chose to win in class, being the lead in assignment, practicals and even read beyond syllabus, putting up argument even when not necessary and missing out points that could be beneficial to them in their journey of life, while some decided to win in life, setting moderation and being focused on useful points with positive minds of retention and asimilation..

You can continue marking grammar, the choice is yours, mind you a good technirian doesn't even have to know how to write an epistle or compile a professional presentation.

I'm not afraid to commit any of those grammatical blunders, I'm here to pass information and so long majority understand what I was talking about, communication has taken effect.

When you get to your mechanic, tell him to write you an article for marking before workin on your car.

Gross misplace of priority.. Grow up!!!
Toor, I give up.
I was asking for clarification so I can learn, but.....
Never mind sir. I'll stick to my Google sir.
Re: Help: My Car Is In Dilemma by hoodpro(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
surgevessel:

As rightly said by your mechanic, ringing will only last you for a couple of months and you would discover you have wasted the money spent on ringing and the car is back to its weed smoking state (laughs).

As a maintenance person, this are my cost saving advice for you.

Automobile engines has components which is not possible to go bad all at a time. The most like problem with smoking engine is either failed rings or worn engine blocks.

Most of those new engines sold around in the name of 'standard engine' have probably been opened and fixed the component having issues in them.

If you engine has not been worked on before, get your mechanic to open it and confirm condition of the engine block, the Crown shaft metal, the crown shaft itself and rings. If you have some maintenance OT, mere looking through the engine block down through the pistons, you would see if there are gaps between the piston and the block, which sometimes makes the rings visible, when this happens, it means the engine block is worn and easily give gaps for oil to pump up to the top of the engine.

If you confirm your engine block is worn but the crown shaft and the metal are still in a sound condition after opening the engine, dont panic, simply tell a good mechanic to get you a good engine block, I actually dont know the model of your car, but this is applicable to all automobile engines including some heavy duty generators.

How to know a sound engine block
Look thoroughly through the inner wall of the engine block and observe some lining that looks like pattern inside the engine block. You may not be able to know by rubbing hands through the inner walls of the engine block, but a lay man can spot the inner lining im talking about. A good engine block must not have scratches or rough inner layer..

For most Toyota engines, the engine block, the crown shaft and crown shaft metal, piston and good rings are the secret of the entire thing called engine.

All these can be reconfigured and give your car an excellent performance just like it was when u bought it newly.

I dont know the make of your car, so I cant tell your engine block price range.

Please has the car being fixed
Thank you
Re: Help: My Car Is In Dilemma by NobleEngineer(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2022
Hello sir, pls help me with an answer.
After an engine is ringed, what conditions will make the car smoke right the following morning.
My brother changed valve oil seals & piston rings of his 2000 Mazda 626 1.8L engine because it would smoke [blue smoke] heavily on startup in the morning or after parking for long, also smokes on heavy acceleration or climbing hills, so mecho finished the work yesterday, he brought home the car yesterday and this morning when he started the engine, thick whitish smoke evolved which cleared off within 1mins.
He called the mecho about it and was told the smoke was as a result of oil residues in the silencer, is he right?
surgevessel:

Do not let mechanic open office for your head. Your car engine is 1ZZ, the original set of ring is not more than 15k which mostly do not come with packing-rings, a set of packing rings is 1k, get gum, preferably arsh color type, your gasket is 1500 naira, get Mobil Quatz oil for 8500 (4 litres) buy him 20 litres of fuel for washing and steaming as the car will have to steam for about an hour after coupling to align moving parts and proper adjustment.

If everything in your engine is still standard, I will advice you adopt a service of a good mechanic and get original parts yourself.

The truth is, Toyota engines are not designed to die just like that, original parts, adequate maintenance and experience mechanic is the key.

The crown shaft of that your engine alone is around 80k, mechanic might want to trikishly talk you into getting another engine knowing that 80% of your engine content are still in perfect State.

All they do is split your engine into top and bottom and sell it as skeleton for huge amount of money.

The main engine is the engine block, the crown shaft and it's metal then rings and piston.

Mostly when the rings are bad and the car start smoking, it doesn't amount to damaged engine, it simply equate to weak rings. Original rings with good mechanic can give you about 2 years of great engine performance.
Re: Help: My Car Is In Dilemma by surgevessel: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
NobleEngineer:
Hello sir, pls help me with an answer.
After an engine is ringed, what conditions will make the car smoke right the following morning.
My brother changed valve oil seals & piston rings of his 2000 Mazda 626 1.8L engine because it would smoke [blue smoke] heavily on startup in the morning or after parking for long, also smokes on heavy acceleration or climbing hills, so mecho finished the work yesterday, he brought home the car yesterday and this morning when he started the engine, thick whitish smoke evolved which cleared off within 1mins.
He called the mecho about it and was told the smoke was as a result of oil residues in the silencer, is he right?

Perfectly correct. The smoke was the deposit on the exhaust chamber which might take a few hours of driving to dry off

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sold : Nigerian Used Honda Accord 2004 / Lagos Deal - 2017 Mercedes-benz GLE43 AMG N46.5m / Freelander Jeep The Mini Suzuki Jeep: Which One Is Better:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.