Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Open Letter To DSTV - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Open Letter To DSTV (347 Views)

Open Letter To Eedris Abdulkareem By Kola Onifoto, Naval Officer / Peter Okoye's Termination Letter To Festus Keyamo Seeking P'square Dissolution / See What Nigerians Are Currently Doing To DSTV On Twitter Because Of TSTV Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To DSTV by macho44(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
...dear DStv,

Your customer care agent gave me a call some minutes ago telling me it's unusual for me to stay off air for this long. Well, I gave him a piece of my mind. I told him that I have explored other options, and will not renew as my family prefer to watch YouTube instead of your repeated programs. Not that it will matter, even this open letter to you will not matter. But it will serve as an eye opener for as many that will read this.

Now, I have used this particular DSTV account for close to 20 years in my name and was on premium subscription until your incessant price hike from ₦16,000 to ₦18,400 forced me to downgrade to Compact plus. You have of recent taken premium to ₦21,000 and Compact plus to ₦14,250. Mate, the only reason DSTV is still relevant in Nigeria is because a lot of people don't have smart TV and fibre Internet, but these are gradually becoming a household item. Smart tvs are coming cheap now.

Let me state this to you categorically, I am not coming back to DSTV and so do lots of other people who have access to smart TV and fibre Internet. I would rather pay for YouTube subscription to watch live sports than to pay you for constantly disrespecting me. Apart from that, there are lots of streaming apps and websites online to watch live football. Movies, documentaries and other programs can be found for free on YouTube.

You will not only lose me, you will also lose other people who have read this alternative. This will save me ₦14,240 monthly since you ignored our calls for Pay Per View or affordable pricing. I will use my decoder henceforth to charge my phone when I can't find my charger head. Oh wait...it can even serve as a clock when the battery of my wall clock weakens. Alright, I have to leave it here. Enjoy your price hike grin.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To DSTV by Suspect1: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Go post it on their official fb page noise maker!

Re: Open Letter To DSTV by macho44(m): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Suspect1:
You No Wan Dey Useful For This Life Abi, I Go Soon Use You Do Giveaway

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To DSTV by Haakeem(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2022
macho44:
grin
Re: Open Letter To DSTV by Suspect1: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2022
macho44:

no noise pls.
Re: Open Letter To DSTV by liftedud(m): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2022
TSTV all the way

Once you have a smart TV + TSTV = bye bye DSTV

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To DSTV by house10s2: 9:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Suspect1:
every thing na noise to u, dey act like d child in d pic u post every where
Re: Open Letter To DSTV by Suspect1: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2022
house10s2:
every thing na noise to u, dey act like d child in d pic u post every where
noise maker keep shut!

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Herbalist Captured On Camera Cooking Davido's Photo Inside A Juju Pot / Wizkid Breached Our Contract Of 5 Albums But I Had To Let Him Go - Banky W Revea / Nkechi Blessing Wears A Pant For 3 Days - Actress' Ex, Opeyemi Falegan | VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.