Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

What Game Are You Currently Playing? - Gaming (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Game Are You Currently Playing? (774485 Views)

What Game Are You Currently Playing On Ps2 Plattforms Only... / Which Game Are You Currently Playing? / What Game Can You Play 100times Without Getting Bored And Tired Of It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ritchboy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
Raphael > Cassandra

Algol = GOD cool cool
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Xionez(m): 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2011
GTA III

I wanna get a feel of how the game evolved to what it is today.

EDIT: Mehn, dis game is tad annoying. WTF!!!!. I take a leap or sprint and the next thing im flying, and I LOSE HEALTH FOR THAT. Got to a point i didnt even need restarting my saved game. If i die, i just carry on from there.
Damn, was it this bad. If it were, then i better open a shop for selling parts for iDevices and Androids especially screens.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
err no, raphael is very weak vs sidesteps. xianghua would cream his arse easy. i use all the characters on semi pro lvl. and trust me cassa owns raph. raph plays very linear game. cassa is more versatile. algol is God like if you do not know how to face him. scariest characters in game are ivy and voldo. but i think Nightmare is just badass.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ritchboy(m): 12:43am On Dec 22, 2011
claymore21:

err no, raphael is very weak vs sidesteps. xianghua would cream his arse easy. i use all the characters on semi pro lvl. and trust me cassa owns raph.  raph plays very linear game. cassa is more versatile.  algol is God like if you do not know how to face him. scariest characters in game are ivy and voldo. but i think Nightmare is just badass.

Speak for yourself, semi-pro!!! lolol

There is no way to face Algol, he's by and far the most powerful character in SC history and is a borderline cheat! Dude wields like 12 concealed weapons(including Soul Edge/Soul Calibur + a canon that fires up to 4 projectiles at a time!!!) which zap your soul gauge quicker than you can say "critical finish", and to top it all off, he can teleport!

I haven't touched SC in ages but memories of torturing foes with perfectly-timed, sequential bubbly projectiles and juggling their arses are still fresh cheesy

I consider him a cheat anyways, Mitsurugi has always been my main man cool cool
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2011
Now I am laughing. U clearly havent played at the world level. Are you aware that all those balls can be countered or that nightmare can explode when any of them touches him and send out a soulwave that smashes algol away. the range is about 3/4 the stage. like i said only hard for those who have no idea how to face him. People always hated me online cuz of my nightmare and gave escuses. fast characters(sophitia
, setsuka and amy) thought they had the advantage, slow characters just got whitled down. Nightmare owns anyday anywhere. algol is a slow chum by comparison. back to my point. you need to play online at the world level. I know how good you may feel, but when u see the shit ppl can pull of with other characters ull see that algol isnt worth shit. u didnt even mention hwang, voldo, vader or seung mina for guard cushes they are the best. no one beats them. Dude my experience is far above yours. oh i forgot hilda evil bitch. now thats a cheat character.(when u dont know how to fight her that is lol grin)
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2011
also if you main mitsu you are average. The ppl i respect are those who can use the complicated characters. Y? because every easy character is easy to fight once you know all their move sets which is limited. if you mention yoshi or ivy, setsu or cervantes, id know i was dealing with a pro but mitsu are u fucking kidding. ill show you a link to sites where you can see shit ppl like me do. check out www.8wayrun.com for vids of pros. also see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMPZV_a3ZVU these are some of the best in the world and I have beaten lots of them. I am sure you dont even know how to stop ppl grabbing you. (just chking I could be wrong) but if you dont even know this basic skill trust me you absolutely cannot win vs me or any of these guys. Please tell me you have at least played online. shocked
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by tripplex1: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2011
claymore21:

also if you main mitsu you are average. The ppl i respect are those who can use the complicated characters. Y? because every easy character is easy to fight once you know all their move sets which is limited. if you mention yoshi or ivy, setsu or cervantes, id know i was dealing with a pro but mitsu are u bleeping kidding. ill show you a link to sites where you can see poo ppl like me do. check out www.8wayrun.com for vids of pros. also see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMPZV_a3ZVU these are some of the best in the world and I have beaten lots of them. I am sure you dont even know how to stop ppl grabbing you. (just chking I could be wrong) but if you dont even know this basic skill trust me you absolutely cannot win vs me or any of these guys. Please tell me you have at least played online. shocked
i once used to use ivy back then, den i stoped becus her moves aint entertaining anymore, (i switch when im tired of seing the same moves over and over) grin grin, along with some others i mastered, so dont judge players based on their characters, or ill judge you based on your button config grin grin
and yea, u press triangle(ps3) to evade a hold.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by tripplex1: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2011
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ritchboy(m): 11:06am On Dec 22, 2011
claymore21:

Now I am laughing.  U clearly havent played at the world level.  Are you aware that all those balls can be countered or that nightmare can explode when any of them touches him and send out a soulwave that smashes algol away. the range is about 3/4 the stage.  like i said only hard for those who have no idea how to face him.  People always hated me online cuz of my nightmare and gave escuses.  fast characters(sophitia
, setsuka and amy) thought they had the advantage, slow characters just got whitled down.  Nightmare owns anyday anywhere. algol is a slow chum by comparison. back to my point. you need to play online at the world level. I know how good you may feel, but when u see the poo ppl can pull of with other characters ull see that algol isnt worth poo. u didnt even mention hwang, voldo, vader or seung mina for guard cushes they are the best. no one beats them.  Dude my experience is far above yours. oh i forgot hilda evil NaughtyWoman. now thats a cheat character.(when u dont know how to fight her that is lol grin)

lol @ "world-level", nuccah i am a phucking pioneer/legend/EDGEMASTER and will not tolerate being mocked by a lowly "semi-pro"! cool tongue cheesy grin

If you've faced anyone who knows how to use Algol, you'd know they won't even give you much of a chance to deflect his slow balls. When combined with his power moves with the right timing, it's basically unstoppable. Even if you counter the "physical" hit, the ball will hit you before your character can react, and vice versa. Guarding is equally futile as your soul gauge would be flashing like an ambulance after 3 to 5 moves depending on your soul-gauge setting(his hits zap A LOT of it).

Oh, and don't get me started with teleporting behind his opponent after firing 4 slow projectiles(two straight, two wide), then try defending their broad spectrum from BEHIND while still contending with his presence in FRONT of you: DEATH!

In case you didn't know, Algol is considered banned in most tournaments due to his fighting style of over used juggles & combos that frustrates or annoys the player.

Only a complete n00b doesn't acknowledge Algol as the most powerful character in the series and the goes on to state "he isn't worth poo", but i forgive you! cheesy

===================

also if you main mitsu you are average.  The ppl i respect are those who can use the complicated characters.

Spoken like a true n00b! cheesy

Mitsurugi has been my "favourite" character from day one, doesn't mean he's my "most effective". As for your "complicated" characters, it may interest you to know Setsuka is one of the 11 character's COMPLETE move-sets i mastered on SCIV.

This is not MK, or to a lesser extent SF. Characters in SC are generally evenly balanced, your talk of Mitsurugi being "easy to fight" is laughable.

"Evil be gone!"
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Mobinga: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2011
I never thought I'd see the day Nigerians would be arguing over video games.

Thank You, God.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ritchboy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
Mobinga:

I never thought I'd see the day Nigerians would be arguing over video games.

Thank You, God.

Hehehe, it's not even an argument, homeboy here still dey "learn work".

In the words of Hideo Yoshie, the main character designer of Soulcalibur IV, Algol is "a character that obviously proves the setting of being the strongest character ever in SC series".

I really dont know what the boy is on about. Trying to rub minds with the the number 1 SC player with a green passport!  cool cool cheesy grin grin grin

Edit: reading though the posts, he was even asking me if i know the anti-grab technique, I'm shaking my head in Swahili!!!

This ninja must be unaware I've been playing SC/B/E religiously for a decade and a half. . .
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
omg lol, now I am stunned. You havent even played online and you are talking. Thats like someone who hasnt competed in the olympics and thinks he can take gold. anyway I will hold myself cuz anyone who competes professionally knows what i am talking about. Its obvios you cant understand. Easy way to have settled this woulda been to meet up and play a best of ten and put money down. If i any of us wins all rounds no losses winner takes double pay. Yes I am that confident vs a non online player!!!! but like I said no point arguing. My friends in the Uk will be rolling with laughter if they saw this argument. Anyway sha if you happen to drop by anytime. give me a shout. ill gladly oblige you and show you the darkness within me smiley
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
@mobinga. Yes oh naija is going places. I havent been back for 8 yrs but now I am here. and was hoping the gaming community would be growing bigger. Imagine my suprise when i stumbled on this forum.  There are clearly lots of africans out there trashing the world even in video games.  i plan to compete at the sc6 tournaments after i found my self beating the top players online.  they kept asking if i played professionally.  And trust me I wasnt that good from day one. Got my arse handed to me several times b4 i adapted and became better.  Thats y it amazes me at ritchboys ignorance to thiunk he is good when he hasnt even tested the mettle of what those online freaks have to offer. I swear some of them sleep with the game cuz i see them whenever i got back from work, or even sometimes b4 i go to work.  Our internet in this country still sucks so no hope in that department yet.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ritchboy(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
claymore21:

omg lol, now I am stunned. You havent even played online and you are talking. Thats like someone who hasnt competed in the olympics and thinks he can take gold. anyway I will hold myself cuz anyone who competes professionally knows what i am talking about. Its obvios you cant understand. Easy way to have settled this woulda been to meet up and play a best of ten and put money down. If i any of us wins all rounds no losses winner takes double pay. Yes I am that confident vs a non online player!!!! but like I said no point arguing. My friends in the Uk will be rolling with laughter if they saw this argument. Anyway sha if you happen to drop by anytime. give me a shout. ill gladly oblige you and show you the darkness within me smiley

claymore21:
Thats y it amazes me at ritchboys ignorance to thiunk he is good when he hasnt even tested the mettle of what those online freaks have to offer.

You are a blunt tool!

After getting owned and losing the argument woefully, you retort to sidestepping, or should we call it 8way-running the main issue(Algol) and jumping to the conclusion I "have never played online", lol. My fingernails are laughing at you. cheesy

Why don't you try responding to the quote from the lead character designer of the game before blowing more hot air. In case you missed it:

In the words of Hideo Yoshie, the main character designer of Soulcalibur IV, Algol is "a character that obviously proves the setting of being the strongest character ever in SC series".

But according to you, Algol "isn't worth poo".

See how you've outed yourself as a n00b in one fell swoop? cheesy
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Dabss(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ op
Bioshock 2
Lol
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2011
silence smiley
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ritchboy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
claymore21:

silence smiley

[size=13pt]DEFEAT![/size] grin grin grin
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2011
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Assasins Creed: Revelations
Heroes of Might & Magic VI
Saints Row The Third
Burnout Paradise
Warriors Orochi
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by claymore21: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ lord_reed wow u have heroes 6. are you able to play on-line? what's your screen name i could add you and we could play sometime.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 1:37am On Dec 24, 2011
@claymore
Its the Skidrow version so no online play for me yet. Would have loved to though.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Dabss(m): 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2011
Sc6 tornament. What is the full name pls?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Mobinga: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2011
Arkham City
Saints Row 3
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by oybv101: 7:08am On Dec 25, 2011
new super mario bros
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ekehleosey: 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
hey guys i ran into this site on facebook and decided to check it out, sorry to divert a bit but seriously its worth it, its new in town and its a hit, its a mobile site www.mocliq.mobi. its something like an online/private phone account, wer u actually can save or keep airtime privately,u also can play a game called Cliqr to multiply your airtime, and you can then withdraw into your real phone account anytime. its actually very cool. u shud check it out.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by betalife(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2011
I was trying some of the online games and made up my mind to stick to one of them and since last year I have been making a lot of cash. No delay and no lagging,
Do you know that you can just guess a number between 0 and 9 and win cash.
visit the site below
http://www.crazy777.com/affiliate/affiliate_596/
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ekehleosey: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
New Year Cliqr Hint; Playing Cliqr is like your experience while making soup; you test and decide. Your goal is to be one of (or all of) the 16th to 20th persons to click. To achieve this;
- Test click i.e. click once to see what position the game is in. When you do this, you`ll get a message telling you the position of the game.
-Use this information as the key. Don`t click again if it’s not close to the 16th position, but if it is… “Free Cake”.
You can also create your own hint and share it with others on our page on facebook, (mocliq.mobi). Happy New Year!!!!------------------------------------------------www.mocliq.mobi
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Emeka72(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
I am playing Pocket Carrom.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ronpaul: 10:43am On Jan 04, 2012

I'm level 22 in Borderlands now and have been doing every little side quest (that I'm aware of, just doing it old school with no gamefaqs) the game has to offer. It ended up kicking up in difficulty enough to satisfy me. It just lets you grind out your characters first 7-10 levels before it gets really fun. One drawback is it's really meant for co-op, so a lot of the "tech tree" is buddy assists, which I can ignore. So it makes my decisions easier as to how to upgrade but makes it feel like I don't have much customization. But I'm hooked and it's fun. Pretty sure I'm over 10hrs which is a big hurdle with me and games these days. Old and lazy.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Emeka72(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2012
I just downloaded Trail Biker from NOKIA and am playing it.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ammyden: 11:52am On Jan 06, 2012
Currently I'm playing GOD OF WAR game on my Play Station.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by virunga: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
well I just play local browser game, not active anymore tho
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by homernels: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2012
hey great i am playing gta

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (497) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.