Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast (9768 Views)

This Is How Sit At Home Is Affecting Business In The North (photos) / COVID-19 Will Make The Poor, Poorer – Buhari / Nigerians Got Poorer In Buhari’s First Term — The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2022
depezee:

Having said that, relax then and drink your kunu.

No wahala!

Don't cry more than the bereaved.

Not crying, just facts... your comrades have caused people to wail in the east though.

Adios.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Loud it.....

Kwestionair:
I will say this again:

All I see is non-igbos pretending to be igbos and crying, wailing on Igbo affairs as if they care about the Igboman.
As if without sit at home Soludo will turn anambra to London. The same crop of politicians? I pity anambra people who are falling for this polithiefcians deception.

2 Likes

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2022
hmmm..Another minority pon da beat

Neddstark:
Can we add Wednesday and Fridays to sit at home. Biafla must be achieved. The zoo must fall.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:22am On Apr 11, 2022
Loud it..

Musauzor:
That is the sacrifice for freedom. It doesn't make anybody poorer. It is tantamount to saying that not working on weekends will make you poorer. The people are gradually getting used to it.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by od501: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2022
jmoore:
HOW SIT AT HOME MAKES THE POOR POORER IN SOUTHEAST.

I am going to use Ariaria market as a case study because I reside around that area. Thousands of customers come from Uyo, Calabar, Rivers, Bayelsa to buy things from Ariaria market on week days. They will patronize wheelbarrow pushers that will carry their goods to the bus, they will patronize mamaput sellers, they will patronize okada riders, keke etc.

Traders in Ariaria are higher in population than these customers that come from outside Abia state. The market is also patronised by residents of Abia. They will also need the services of wheelbarrow pushers, okada riders, mamaput, keke, etc.

If the average person in any of these categories makes 4,000 naira daily, it means every Monday sit at home he/she loses 4,000 Naira.

36 days of sit at home have been observed on Monday since August 2021.

36 days × 4,000= 144,000 naira.

If the poor have lost 144,000 naira, the middle class may have lost about a million naira, while the rich will be counting their losses in hundreds of millions.

Sit at home will not affect the salaries of Buhari.
Sit at home will not affect the salaries of any governors.
Sit at home will not affect the salaries of any minister.
Sit at home is a self imposed embargo on the people you claim to be fighting for. It is an economic suicide.

The kind of misinformation people outside the SE get is overwhelming. Who told you Sit-At-Home was designed to punish the governor or whatever idiot in Aso Rock? The (Ipob) Sit-At-Home, which comes up everytime NK appears in court is in solidarity with NK.

I'm not in support of the Monday Sit-At-Home, but mind you, even with that enforced sit at home sponsored by FG hooligans, it is still not affecting the public that much as you think. Procrs of shops are still very high in Onitsha, Aba, and PH. Your calculations up there doesn't hold water, it is totally useless.

And BTW... who told you it doesn't affect the federal or state purse? Who is your economic teacher? And since when have you guys started caring for the SEners? All you guys ever wanted is for them to be defeated, suppressed, humiliated. All you guys want is fir them to drop the agitation, so... why care so much now?!

And how come you didn't talk about the economic implications of the Fulani invasion dah year? Where were you economics before the arrival of ESN, when Fulani terrorists were killing, raping, and almost took over villages? You guys are mind, all if you.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by eaglez(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2022
Nice observation but the truth is look not on the messenger but the message, op gave a brilliant analysis of how the economy of the south east is bleeding, same thing I told a guy on this platform that Monday sit at home is not justifiable at all,.what of an emergency situation a doctor is needed, make ur research and you will be shocked that these cases are grossly under reported, I just pray this madness stops. Suggesting sit at home only when MNK appears in court could but not totally be seen as the solidarity of the south east to one of their sons and not crippling the economy of a whole region every week that's really absurd.
Rugaria:
Go through the post history of the restless op.
You will notice that lately, all he does here is to ceaselessly unload all sorts of uncouth vituperations on the people of the South East. It has become some sort of mission for him. He has become shameless doing this.

Now, all of a sudden, he's worried about the well being of The South East! Not like we're complaining to him! He's all over the place, preaching against dit at home and all that... Whenever your arch enemies start to advice you against a course of action, follow that course through. There lies your success..

2 Likes

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by VPN11(m): 9:25am On Apr 11, 2022
No body is paid salary for sit at home. it's a protest since you can't do a public protest in Nigeria. this is a simple thing we expected some matured mind to understand but, no they choose to be totally blind. freedom needs a lot of sacrifice.

Release MNK for us.
Nigeria is a scam
Unity for exploitation.
Unity in captivity/ slavery.

Yes under the present condition ;where mr Buhari insulted Igbos for seven years, fulanis massacres indigenous landlords; in their quest for land grabbing & non arrested ;and prosecuted. Yes because tribe, religion and cattle are preferred to national unity, YES we're tired of this union; make researches and ask questions, if not for ipob and ESN fulanis would have taken over our lands.
The sit at home is very effective..... its sending a strong message ; we regret all the inconveniences ; this has caused our fellow Biafrans .

1 Like

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by almarthins(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2022
depezee:

Allow the people to nurse the pain if at all they feel it.

Face your front and think about your useless wretched life.

Kids everywhere!
They alway condescend to insult. Who is losing in all of these? The common man whom type n kind careless about. And yet you tend to call another man"useless wretched"

Must you comment with hate and bitterness?
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by depezee(m): 9:27am On Apr 11, 2022
Loewe:

Not crying, just facts... your comrades have caused people to wail in the east though.

Adios.

Or your paid master- the terrorist in chief and his supporter of APC militia are causing people all over the country to wail, especially my darling people of Benue state.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Maobichek: 9:27am On Apr 11, 2022
jmoore:

Soludo that is preaching against sit at home is from Sambisa?

A mosquito perched on your face, and you want to use hammer to kill it. Na your face go disfigure na.

Sit at home is not helping SE economy but it's still affecting everyone directly and indirectly.

Banks makes profits by opening on Mondays and pays taxes to the State and Federal government.

Security agents are being paid by the Federal government. Python dance and other military excerise in the SE are being sponsored by Federal government.

Unabated sit at home on Mondays shows the weakness of our security agents and the Federal government in the area of protecting and exercising authority over all parts of Nigeria.

Other tribes have there ppl in the SE and they are also affected by sit at home.

One of the major chargers against Kanu by the Federal government is Monday sit at home.

Nigerian security agents are dying and they have family and relations to which all Nigerians are affected directly or indirectly.

I listed these to show you that sit at home is affecting PMB, governors and everyone paying tax in Nigeria. It's living in denial if you say that sit at home in the SE is not affecting Nigerian government.

I spent hundreds of thousands flying around the North last year just because of insecurity, if i say that insecurity in the North is not affecting me because I'm not from the North, i lied.

Thank you and have a wonderful week.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2022
depezee:

Or your paid master- the terrorist in chief and his supporter of APC militia are causing people all over the country to wail, especially my darling people of Benue state.

Follow my posts... You don't have to be intelligent to know that I'm not partisan in any way. I dey flog APC & Buhari, flog PDP, flog IPOB criminals join...

Some of us truly care about the future of this country even if it's beyond your cognitive elasticity.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by depezee(m): 9:29am On Apr 11, 2022
almarthins:

Kids everywhere!
They alway condescend to insult. Who is losing in all of these? The common man whom type n kind careless about. And yet you tend to call another man"useless wretched"

Must you comment with hate and bitterness?

Happy to know that the comment has sent severe pains down your spine which would send you to your early grave.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by iguita: 9:31am On Apr 11, 2022
This sit at home is a slap on the sensibilities of hardworking igbo people. I'm glad not All southeasterners support IPOB so we cannot use the same brush to wipe them all.

1 Like

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Chrismania100: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2022
God bless you abundantly..Your papa born you well don't mind the zombie

immortalcrown:

If you are not in partnership with hypocrites to destroy the South East, why would you focus on the sit-at-home without talking about what causes the sit-at-home?
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by depezee(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2022
Loewe:

Follow my posts... You don't have to be intelligent to know that I'm not partisan in any way. I dey flog APC & Buhari, flog PDP, flog IPOB criminals join...

Some of us truly care about the future of this country even if it's beyond your cognitive elasticity.

Your country has no future, do not be too slow to realise this.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2022
depezee:

Your country has no future, do not be too slow to realise this.

My own Nigeria has a future... Speak for yourself bro.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Dreambeat: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2022
If you want the sit at home to end, release Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. Stop crying more than the bereaved

2 Likes

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by derecho(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2022
So you prefer the bandit style? As much as I don't support inciting violence, I believe the sit-at-home strategy reduces casualties.
If it's not having impact, why is everybody talking about it including those well-known bigots typing "e no concern me"?
what you fail to understand is,this is a threat to whoever is a sitting governor and a test of popularity.

If this is taken a notch higher, the political class in the south east will sit up.

That said,
So if there was public holiday on those Mondays,the southeasterners would die of hunger?A day that can be easily replaced to recoup losses if money is the problem, you guys are busy heating up the polity.
YourhealthNG2:

Face the message. Is the Op making any point? I think so..

The east has lost so much to this whole IPOB struggle, in terms of lives wasted, properties destroyed and financial losses.... The worst part is that what they're doing is not having any impact on Abuja. Even rag tag bandits are doing a much better job in terms drawing the attention of the entire nation and Abuja to whatever is their grievances
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by virginchaser(m): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2022
It's unfortunate most writers are not living nor doing business in the south east. Pains people passed through can not be imagined. It's always a free day for hoodlums. One of the sit at home day my colleagues ran for their life while their vehicle was hijacked and later seen but severely vandalized.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by YourhealthNG2(m): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2022
The worst part is killing people because you're enforcing the senseless sit-at-home... All the blood shed so far will be on the head of those who support it directly or indirectly.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2022
VPN11:
No body is paid salary for sit at home. it's a protest since you can't do a public protest in Nigeria. this is a simple thing we expected some matured mind to understand but, no they choose to be totally blind. freedom needs a lot of sacrifice.

Release MNK for us.
Nigeria is a scam
Unity for exploitation.
Unity in captivity/ slavery.

Yes under the present condition ;where mr Buhari insulted Igbos for seven years, fulanis massacres indigenous landlords; in their quest for land grabbing & non arrested ;and prosecuted. Yes because tribe, religion and cattle are preferred to national unity, YES we're tired of this union; make researches and ask questions, if not for ipob and ESN fulanis would have taken over our lands.
The sit at home is very effective..... its sending a strong message ; we regret all the inconveniences ; this has caused our fellow Biafrans .
We have been doing sit at home for over 6months, what has it achieved? How did it affect Buhari? Why didn't you and Simon Ekpa come back to join the sit at home,most of you are not based in the east, so it's easy to support sit at home

1 Like

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Decency2020(f): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2022
immortalcrown:

If they are punishing themselves, why is it your headache? All this while they have been suffering marginalization and herdsmen attack, you never showed any concern. Now they are trying to use sit-at-home to approach their problems, you have suddenly developed a concern for them. Since they are punishing themselves, let them be. If it works for them, they will know. If it does not work for them, they will know. Or, what effort or which solution have you offered them?

The offer I can give them is to use their brain but as your name says.IMMORTAL CLOWN you won't use your brain, too por.

1 Like

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by depezee(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2022
Loewe:

My own Nigeria has a future... Speak for yourself bro.

Keep deceiving yourself.

Retaining saliva in the mouth and spit out water.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by almarthins(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2022
depezee:

Happy to know that the comment has sent severe pains down your spine which would send you to your early grave.

Death will come to all. Wishing another early grave is the height of demonic insanity. just ensure you don't die a bitter or angry man because no one will remember you.

Pain is nothing to me, and severity of it had not really broke me. It only make me harder n stronger. Some of you didn't even go through one third of what most of us went through in this country but here you are speaking with so much xtreme hatred. I am sure nigeria is dashing you big economic blows. Don't die before Ur time because some have stopped be concerned about Nigeria. Safe urself!
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by aribisala0(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2022
There are no poor in South East.

They are all billionaires

1 Like

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by derecho(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2022
I just dey laugh at the academic analysis of losses incurred.

The op should help us with the cost of human lives that would be lost during mayhem and if those markets are burnt down.

He shouldn't forget to tell us the cost of being unable to farm because of herdsmen burning farms.The cost of doing business in the South east as a result of the marginalization of the FG because they are the five percenters or the dot in a circle that shouldn't be listened to.

I value lives more than any stupid wealth.Once there's life,there's hope.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 11, 2022
Okoko headslammer coming to do their useless blind arithmetics again!
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by okorogodwin4(m): 9:57am On Apr 11, 2022
See how bokoharam bandits and herdsmen plus the Almighty railway train.bombers are making the northerners richer and richer
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by paramakina202: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2022
immortalcrown:

If you are not in partnership with hypocrites to destroy the South East, why would you focus on the sit-at-home without talking about what causes the sit-at-home?

What is the cause of sit at home if I may ask?
So an ethnic group of over 40mln people should standstill because a fake freedom fighter and a fugitive was captured in Kenya and brought back to continue his trial where he stopped?The game is over for IPOB, they have lost the support of the public.People have seen through their evil plans to keep ndi Igbo in perpetual pain and anguish for selfish interest of one man.

1 Like

Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by paramakina202: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2022
Budapestboy:

This ipob people puzzle me! Imagine what the goat said. Ipob now competing with herdsmen to destroy south east. Wonders shall never end

This set of people do not belong to Igbo society,they are supposed to be bundled and shipped to Afghanistan to live under Taliban.
Re: How Sit At Home Makes The Poor Poorer In Southeast by mgbedianya(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2022
You forgot the health benefits of the rest
jmoore:
HOW SIT AT HOME MAKES THE POOR POORER IN SOUTHEAST.

I am going to use Ariaria market as a case study because I reside around that area. Thousands of customers come from Uyo, Calabar, Rivers, Bayelsa to buy things from Ariaria market on week days. They will patronize wheelbarrow pushers that will carry their goods to the bus, they will patronize mamaput sellers, they will patronize okada riders, keke etc.

Traders in Ariaria are higher in population than these customers that come from outside Abia state. The market is also patronised by residents of Abia. They will also need the services of wheelbarrow pushers, okada riders, mamaput, keke, etc.

If the average person in any of these categories makes 4,000 naira daily, it means every Monday sit at home he/she loses 4,000 Naira.

36 days of sit at home have been observed on Monday since August 2021.

36 days × 4,000= 144,000 naira.

If the poor have lost 144,000 naira, the middle class may have lost about a million naira, while the rich will be counting their losses in hundreds of millions.

Sit at home will not affect the salaries of Buhari.
Sit at home will not affect the salaries of any governors.
Sit at home will not affect the salaries of any minister.
Sit at home is a self imposed embargo on the people you claim to be fighting for. It is an economic suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikpeazu: Igbos Deserve Shot At Presidency, We Understand Nigeria Better / Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) / Kwara Governor Sacks All Commissioners And Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.