Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) (9768 Views)

Poll: Who Is Nigeria Best President?

Yakubu Gowon: 4% (3 votes)
Muritala Muhammed: 10% (7 votes)
Olusegun Obasanjo: 48% (32 votes)
Muhammadu Buhari: 27% (18 votes)
Ibrahim Babangida: 4% (3 votes)
Others: 4% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2011
The recent 'roforofo' between obj and ibb has open another vista in our political journey. As to who truly is the best Nigeria president since independence.
In the first republic, we practice parliamentary system of goverment with a prime minister (Tafawa Balewa) and president (Azikwe), much was not acheive by them. Enter Aguyi Ironsi, his tenure was too short to be assess. Yakubu Gowon, his major acheivement was keeping Nigeria as one, it was during his tenure we have the civil war. Murtala Muhammed, though his tenure was short, but for his masses oriented policy, he is still remember today by many. Enter Olusegun Obasanjo, to his credit he return the country back to democratic rule. Then we have Shehu Shagari, his tenure did not acheive more as the country was just re learning the democratic process, but his agricultural policy code name 'green revolution' record a modest success. Muhammadu Buhari came and instil discipline to the Nigerian, Ibrahim Babangida also surface on the scene and was credited with conducting the best ever election in the history of the country, though, the process was not complete. Ernest Shonekan ING is a toothless bull dog which did not acheive more. Sani Abacha tenure acheive for the country a 'stable' economy in spite of the many foreign sanction. Abdul Salam Abubakar came on scene and was able to return the country back to civilian rule. Olusegun Obasanjo re appear on the scene again as a civilian president, he was able to transform the battered image of country in the anniv of Nation and the telecommunication revolution. Yar' adua came on board with 7 point agenda but death could not let him actualize his plan for the country. Now, we are with GEJ.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by REPSNIG: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2011
Add the poll na?
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
I've done it now
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by aljharem3: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2011
buhari must definatly , Although OBJ tried when relating it to all of the above

SMH Nigeria is messed up. imagine people like IBB and OBJ claiming to develop our country and when Obj is in his house in ota and looks down of the city, How does he feel

IBB in minna, when he looks down on his state, how does he feel in his mansion
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by REPSNIG: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2011
Add Jonathan, Tafawa Balewa (since he was head of government, Azikiwe was ceremonial), Abacha, Shonekan and Yaradua.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by aljharem3: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2011
REP S NIG:

Add Jonathan, Tafawa Balewa (since he was head of government, Azikiwe was ceremonial), Abacha, Shonekan and Yaradua.

jonathan has not been tasted although he is looking like a flawed president so far since febuary 2010 and we are in august 2011

tafawa balewa, i would say not really, i did not really feel his impact unlike bello

Azikiwe is one of those that destoryed Nigeria and as u rightly said he was not democratic at al but ceremonial thus him being the first president is very questionable

abacha should be added really

shonekan is another preson i did not really feel his impact to the country

yaradua should also be added
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by Kasiem2: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2011
Harem, without lies can brief us how zik destroyed nigeria?
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by volasunkan: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2011
WHO IS THIS IGNORANT POSTER?
THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS A FORMER PRESIDENT AMONG THEM IS OBASANJO.COMPARE HIM TO OTHERS LIKE SHAGARI et al.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by Sunofgod(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2011
What of Abiola? The self declared presido.

Add him sharp sharp
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 3:47am On Aug 22, 2011
volasunkan:

WHO IS THIS IGNORANT POSTER?
THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS A FORMER PRESIDENT AMONG THEM IS OBASANJO.COMPARE HIM TO OTHERS LIKE SHAGARI et al.
what is the basis of your argument now?
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by henry101(m): 4:09am On Aug 22, 2011
alj_harem:

jonathan has not been tasted although he is looking like a flawed president so far since febuary 2010 and we are in august 2011

tafawa balewa, i would say not really, i did not really feel his impact unlike bello

Azikiwe is one of those that destoryed Nigeria and as u rightly said he was not democratic at al but ceremonial thus him being the first president is very questionable
abacha should be added really

shonekan is another preson i did not really feel his impact to the country

yaradua should also be added

I wonder how you just come up with very daft statements.
You are a very stoopppooiiiddddd baboonnn. Who the f**k are you to question Zik's position as the first president?
Thunder fire your left hand. Bingo.

@ Op,
You better add Abacha to that poll, He fought for democracy in Sierra leone. grin grin grin grin
He also defended Nigeria (Bakassi) against Cameroun. angry angry angry angry angry
I vote him as the number one wicked, serious, and mean president. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 5:04am On Aug 22, 2011
It'll be too cumbersome to have all the president on the 'ballot'. That's why there is another option 'other'
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by gregg2: 6:51am On Aug 22, 2011
Hate him or love him, OBJ towers above all the rest.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by playmode(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2011
None.

I would love to assasinate OBJ and IBB though,that will make my day! cool
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by PointB: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2011
'Is' is currently - GEJ, was should be the context here.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by marcus1234: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
PointB:

'Is' is currently - GEJ, was should be the context here.
what are you saying?
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by philip0906(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^
english parables. . . grin grin grin
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by PointB: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
olawalebab:

what are you saying?

That the poll should be:

Who was Nigeria Best President?  (past tense)

If you ask who is ? Nigeria Best President ? (present) The only answer is GEJ  cool
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
Let the vote keep rolling in. With all the bashing obj receive daily, we still keep toping the poll.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
Let the vote keep rolling in. With all the bashing obj receive daily, we still keep toping the poll.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
The is an indication of the the amount of paid praise singers that OBJ has on NL, you can bet that as more votes come in OBJ should slide down to last place, unless NL are ignorant.

OBJ is the worst by far , followed by IBB
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 11:39am On Aug 24, 2011
GenBuhari, I dont believe that, what i think is that most respondent feel the impact of obj years more than others, because most people were not around during others regime. take the case of murtala for instnce. am only surprise because with the level of daily bashing he receive, people still "appeciate" him.
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2011
All OBJ's hired  praise singers have used up their 26 votes, now watch it his vote slide
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2011
You forgot to include; the following leaders:
Yaradua 2007 -2010
Abubakar 1998- 99
Abacha 1993 - 98
Balewa 1960-66
Re: Who was Nigeria Best President? (poll) by olawalebabs(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
it is because of space constraint, will discuss it with the MOD now.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Targets Churches, Mosques In 2012 Tax Drive / Otedola Is Silly & Misguided For Not Talking To House Committee – Committee / Breaking News : Apc Audu Abubakar Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.