Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living (2556 Views)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / Best African Country To Migrate To / Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Csh2022: 9:01am On Apr 11, 2022
Hi all, I'm a Nigerian, an aspiring web developer, that relocated to Europe last year but no longer interested in living here for several reasons.

For those that have the strength to do strenuous and tedious jobs , this place is good for them. Although jobs are not easy to get here as an African, there's a much higher chance of getting some laborer of assistant unskilled kind of jobs which I'm not interested in.

I thought I would be able to get some not-so-tedious part time jobs while I take out time to building my portfolios and landing some good web developer jobs, but from all indications, that's almost impossible to get as a black man.

I'm enjoying the peace and the social amenities here which I appreciate but this comes at a very huge price. The cost of living is so high and it's putting pressure on me to dump my web dev program and going out there to hunt for a job which I don't want to consider.

Now I think the solution is for me to look for peaceful, English speaking African country with low cost of living that I can relocate to and spend like a year until I'm able to land a remote job but non comes to mind at the moment.

I would like some recommendations my nairaland peeps
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by ajerimitan: 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2022
german89:
Good day. If ur interested in a company that deals on supply of hospital equipments in Burkina Faso, Mali, Sierra lone, ivory coast, Gambia feel free to DM.

$200 Every 24days and other incentives.
5hrs duty, Monday to Friday, half day every Saturdays, 4days off in a month and 60days vacation every year(Easter and Christmas).

Company provide accommodation and handle other bills(Light/power and Water) etc.

Dm at ur leisure.
yes I am interested please. 07039533802 messages only please thank you. Or lionproofconcept@yahoo.com
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Kenyana(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
1.UGANDA accomodation,internet,24 hrs electricity and food pocket friendly. western region recommended 2.Sierra leone 12 hrs electricity. 3.Kenya (kisumu town)
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Csh2022: 5:45am On Apr 16, 2022
Kenyana:
1.UGANDA accomodation,internet,24 hrs electricity and food pocket friendly. western region recommended 2.Sierra leone 12 hrs electricity. 3.Kenya (kisumu town)
I have some Sierra Leonean friends and they claimed the cost of living is really low in their country. Uganda sounds like a good one
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Bifwoli: 5:54am On Apr 16, 2022
Kenyana:
Stop recommending those .
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2022
german89:
Good day. If ur interested in a company that deals on supply of hospital equipments in Burkina Faso, Mali, Sierra lone, ivory coast, Gambia feel free to DM.

5hrs duty, Monday to Friday, half day every Saturdays, 4days off in a month and 60days vacation every year(Easter and Christmas).

Company provide accommodation and handle other bills(Light/power and Water) etc.

Dm at ur leisure.
Hi... interested.
0816769twenty79
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2022
Nigeria is still the cheapest African country to live in.

1 Like

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by SavageBoy: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2022
I know pansophist usually talk about Ghana and Ivory coast as really cool African countries to reside, if you want to leave the shores of this shit hole but don't want to migrate abroad

@Pansophist your insight is needed here.
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by AfahaAbia(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2022
german89:

Dm at ur leisure.

Scam
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by AfahaAbia(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2022
Kenyana:

1 Like

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by BRATISLAVA: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Nigeria is still the cheapest African country to live in.

And one of the worst.

5 Likes

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by pansophist(m): 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Csh2022:
Hi all, I'm a Nigerian, an aspiring web developer, that relocated to Europe last year but no longer interested in living here for several reasons.

For those that have the strength to do strenuous and tedious jobs , this place is good for them. Although jobs are not easy to get here as an African, there's a much higher chance of getting some laborer of assistant unskilled kind of jobs which I'm not interested in.

I thought I would be able to get some not-so-tedious part time jobs while I take out time to building my portfolios and landing some good web developer jobs, but from all indications, that's almost impossible to get as a black man.

I'm enjoying the peace and the social amenities here which I appreciate but this comes at a very huge price. The cost of living is so high and it's putting pressure on me to dump my web dev program and going out there to hunt for a job which I don't want to consider.

Now I think the solution is for me to look for peaceful, English speaking African country with low cost of living that I can relocate to and spend like a year until I'm able to land a remote job but non comes to mind at the moment.

My guy, I would have recommend Eastern African countries like Kenya and Rwanda, but since you're Nigerian, getting a residence permit might be somewhat difficult, alongside renewals and meeting the requirements to renew in the first place. So on this ground, I'll always recommend other ecowas countries.

If your aim is stable electricity, good security, a level-headed peaceful citizens, a society not ridden with crime, low materialism on steriods, low corruption and where you can actually enjoy your money in peace without fear of your life, then I'll recommend Ivory coast, but if learning French is an headache for you, then Ghana.

I've been to both countries, so I'm giving you a first hand information. Make sure you have money while going there, but the system might frustrate you if you're competing for local jobs, since its almost non-existent. If you earn in foreign currencies preferably, these are fantastic place to live in peace. Both countries also have a large expat communities, especially Ghana, many who called that place home.

If you're a rugged man like me that likes to live like a commoner, you'll actually meet many of the Europeans inside 'tro tro' their public transport, or the crazy ones haggling price of tomatoes in the market like mama Amaka. That should tell you how safe Ghana is. Uber works 24/7, without fear of robbery. I was shocked myself. Just have money, Ghana will be your own Europe, with a superb weather.

2 Likes

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by nwadikeokey11: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
pansophist:

My guy, I would have recommend Eastern African countries like Kenya and Rwanda, but since you're Nigerian, getting a residence permit might be somewhat difficult, alongside renewals and meeting the requirements to renew in the first place. So on this ground, I'll always recommend other ecowas countries.

If your aim is stable electricity, good security, a level-headed peaceful citizens, a society not ridden with crime, low materialism on steriods, low corruption and where you can actually enjoy your money in peace without fear of your life, then I'll recommend Ivory coast, but if learning French is an headache for you, then Ghana.

I've been to both countries, so I'm giving you a first hand information. Make sure you have money while going there, but the system might frustrate you if you're competing for local jobs, since its almost non-existent. If you earn in foreign currencies preferably, these are fantastic place to live in peace. Both countries also have a large expat communities, especially Ghana, many who called that place home.

If you're a rugged man like me that likes to live like a commoner, you'll actually meet many of the Europeans inside 'tro tro' their public transport, or the crazy ones haggling price of tomatoes in the market like mama Amaka. That should tell you how safe Ghana is. Uber works 24/7, without fear of robbery. I was shocked myself. Just have money, Ghana will be your own Europe, with a superb weather.
Ghana superb weather? Oga did I read you well? Superb weather, Ghana? I don't think you have truly been to Ghana before if not you won't be talking about a suburb weather and you mention Ghana where the sun is as hot as hell fire. In fact I would rather stay in Nigeria than Ghana if it's all about weather because Ghana weather is like hell fire compare to that of Nigeria. And as for East Africa, it is actually very easy to get a resident permit in Rwanda, all you need to achieve that is to rent a shop and get some good amount of goods inside the shop then go for your resident permit and they will give you easily. The only issue he would have is, cost of living is very high in Rwanda compare to Nigeria, also things are too expensive in Ghana and Ivory Coast, and the OP made it clear that the said friend is looking for an African country with low cost of living. So those countries are completely out of it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by aieromon(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
ajerimitan:
yes I am interested please.

Obagreatdatoye:

Hi... interested.

AfahaAbia:

Hi I am very interested.

Don't be fooled by the snake oil salesmen. It will only end in tears.

Flee from QNET aka Quest International Company formerly known as GoldQuest International.

2 Likes

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by PetroDolla2020: 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
You obviously don’t know Ghana as you claimed. Accra sees far less rain than other parts of Ghana. So Accra tends to be hotter than other parts of Ghana. By the way, the weather in Accra is not much different from the weather in places like Abuja, Kano and Maiduguri. In fact it is even milder in Accra than these places. I mentioned.

Yes, Ghana is an expensive place. But Ghanaians are doing okay because the positives outweigh the negatives. I will prefer to live in Accra than Lagos, for obvious reasons.

If you are a Nigerian with money to invest, then you can come to Ghana. But if yiu want to hustle, then go elsewhere.

nwadikeokey11:
Ghana superb weather? Oga did I read you well? Superb weather, Ghana? I don't think you have truly been to Ghana before if not you won't be talking about a suburb weather and you mention Ghana where the sun is as hot as hell fire. In fact I would rather stay in Nigeria than Ghana if it's all about weather because Ghana weather is like hell fire compare to that of Nigeria. And as for East Africa, it is actually very easy to get a resident permit in Rwanda, all you need to achieve that is to rent a shop and get some good amount of goods inside the shop then go for your resident permit and they will give you easily. The only issue he would have is, cost of living is very high in Rwanda compare to Nigeria, also things are too expensive in Ghana and Ivory Coast, and the OP made it clear that the said friend is looking for an African country with low cost of living. So those countries are completely out of it.
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by aieromon(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
german89:

Dm at ur leisure.

From $250 every week to $200 every Tuesday and now to $200 every 24 days?

“Those people were victims of a Ghana-based company ‘Qnet’, with collaborators in Nigeria who deceive people by telling them that there is employment in Ghana and that the job will pay $250 a week.

“They collect between 400 and 500 cedis from them and then they get nothing. Nobody knows how they do it, but they smuggle in people from Nigeria to Ghana.

They do not advertise their businesses in the conventional platforms like newspapers, radios or television stations. People join through them or friends. It is a pyramid-like scheme where people register through the one who lure them into the business.

People who join are promised weekly payment of $225 equivalent to 11,250 dalasis – a promise which is never fulfilled.

Some are using similar dubious business modules to lure their victims mostly from Mali, Nigeria and Burkina Faso under the guise of securing them well-paid jobs in Ghana only for their victims to be held hostage upon arrival, forced to work in Qnet network marketing.
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Kenyana(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
[quote author=AfahaAbia post=111994648]

I like Uganda. Please how much is a room self-contained per month? Kampala areas like Masaka,Natete,others 30$ other cities like fort portal, mbarara,mubende,kakumiro,kagadi,kyenjojo,mityana $20
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:10am On Apr 17, 2022
aieromon:

Don't be fooled by the snake oil salesmen. It will only end in tears.

Flee from QNET aka Quest International Company formerly known as GoldQuest International.

Please can you give us full details about this person.
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by dobnina(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Csh2022:

Try Benin republic.
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by JapaProfessor: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Uganda

Botswana

Ivory coast.
Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by olioxx(m): 4:38am On Apr 18, 2022
First you didn't tell us which European country you are living in.
I don't know the entire story, but Csh2022 I think you are part of those people that will be bragging that they have Xmillion naira and asking which country to relocate to. These type of people I laugh at their ignorance, you left Nigeria to an undisclosed European country without any plan; now the country ain't playing you well, and so you want to come back to Africa. Look I think it was good you experience this phase because you might have learned a lot, you see before relocating you must have proper plans, I personally know 4 people that have relocated from Nigeria, 3 got jobs 1 went for study, prior to them relocating they where planning like no tomorrow.
You are a lesson to those people that will be shouting I have Xmillion where should I travel to?
If you are not going abroad due to job and or study it is best to stay back in your country.
Don't listen to people that are recommending Uganda, Ghana, Ivory coast etc, these countries are expensive then factor in language barrier and the restrictions for foreigners in their economy. Your best bet is Nigeria, but remember things ain't easy in the country, but we move.

Modified:
Csh2022 I didn't explicitly advice you to come to Nigeria, but I only told you that based on your aforementioned requirements your best bet is Nigeria, I still mentioned it that the current situation in the country is nothing to write home about. I gave you a suggestion, and I also told you what you need to know about Nigeria. The truth is Nigeria's official lingua Franca is English, and cost is relatively cheap compared to other neighboring countries in her geographic region.
Once again I suggested Nigeria.
I read your write up and I can deduce that you went to that European country thinking that you could get a job and enjoy good living, but you will remember that I mentioned previously that the best routes to travel out of Nigeria is through getting a sponsored or not sponsored job and through study.

As an aside you can apply for skilled worker visa to some select European countries, that way the level of uncertainties will be drastically reduced.

Anything apart from those are filled with a lot of uncertainties. Lemme ask, "What was your initial reason for travelling out in the first place?"
If you get a job abroad or admission, you will have less uncertainties, even when things begins to look blink you will have a clear vision in your mind eye.

1 Like

Re: Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living by Csh2022: 5:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
olioxx:
First you didn't tell us which European country you are living in.
I don't know the entire story, but Csh2022 I think you are part of those people that will be bragging that they have Xmillion naira and asking which country to relocate to. These type of people I laugh at their ignorance, you left Nigeria to an undisclosed European country without any plan; now the country ain't playing you well, and so you want to come back to Africa. Look I think it was good you experience this phase because you might have learned a lot, you see before relocating you must have proper plans, I personally know 4 people that have relocated from Nigeria, 3 got jobs 1 went for study, prior to them relocating they where planning like no tomorrow.
You are a lesson to those people that will be shouting I have Xmillion where should I travel to?
If you are not going abroad due to job and or study it is best to stay back in your country.
Don't listen to people that are recommending Uganda, Ghana, Ivory coast etc, these countries are expensive then factor in language barrier and the restrictions for foreigners in their economy. Your best bet is Nigeria, but remember things ain't easy in the country, but we move.
First, this is not my first travel experience. I travelled before, came back to Nigeria and spent four years in Nigeria. Advising me to stay in Nigeria is the worst of the advise.

My four years in Nigeria, I never had any peace of mind. No peace, and driving in Nigeria, I came face to face with death on numerous occasion. Even the so-called SARS threatened to shoot me severally. Other than the insecurity in Nigeria, that would have been a viable option for me.

I did had plan before travelling. We were 3 that planned to travel together and live together. We had our visas and booked our flights, unfortunately, the other two didn't make it to Europe. Finding only myself in Europe, I had to process another paper and move to a different country immediately. Plans don't always work out exactly how it's set out. You can plan for ten years before travelling and everything gets shattered on arrival to your destination.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

From The Island To Ayobo Ipaja / Italy Bound Nigerian Lady Raises Alarm After Finding This Inside Crayfish. PICS / The Forgotten Igbo Pyramids (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.