Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. (609 Views)

2023 Lagos Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / APC Will File A Cross Petition To Contest The Votes In The Southeast- Keyamo / 2023: Lagos Voters Almost Hitting 7m – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
With love for our state and a fierce commitment to a vision of rapid progress for our more than 17 million populace, and following wide-ranging consultations, I offer myself to serve the good people of Lagos as Governor, lagos State 2023.

I therefore intend to be a candidate in the 2023 gubernatorial election. I seek the opportunity to offer our beloved state visionary, purposeful, competent leadership to build our future. The successive leadership failures of our civilian political class pivoted by Tinubu, have combined to rob us of what seemed our destiny since the inception of democracy in 1999.

I am standing here today saying that it is time we shatter the downward spiral to nowhere.
I am here today standing with the 17 million Lagosians experiencing crushing poverty, living on less than 300 naira a day and begging for alms, cap in hand every day at bourdillon's gate.

I am here today because 75% of our able men and women are unemployed or underemployed, nearly 2 million children are out of school, and only 40% of Lagosians are literate.

I am here today because our state hospitals are understaffed and mismanaged death traps, and women are still subject to horrific prejudices and devastating early marriages.
I am taking this stand, here and now, because Lagos today is divided by ethnic and religious conflicts, made worse by corruption championed by the Jagaban. The government has failed in its very first duty of securing our lives as Lagosians, and we have lost our place in the comity of states. The time has come for us to bring lasting solution to this.

IT IS TIME for a radical change in the political leadership of Lagos where the real indigenes will be carried along.
IT IS TIME for a visionary, competent and inclusive leadership that truly cares about our State.
IT IS TIME for a leadership equipped with the skills, intellect and competence to wage a decisive war against poverty and unemployment.
IT IS TIME for a Lagos in which our youth can fulfill their full potential and our daughters can aspire to any opportunity they desire.
IT IS TIME for a 21st century leader to lead us into a new and different future.
IT IS TIME for a Lagos devoid of every forms of touting and street urchins on our roads, bus garages and motor parks.

What we need now is a REAL movement of the people, by the people and, most importantly FOR the people of Lagos to move our country forward and break with our troubled past. I offer myself as part of that movement.
We are a State of great indegenious people; as seen by the way Omoluabi's abroad are thriving. We hear the stories of those who leave home with little more than a hope and a prayer, change the world abroad.
Lagosians have smarts, ingenuity, drive, relentlessness, vision, and sheer force of will. We must be able to harness our strengths and make them work for us here in Lagos.
My fellow Lagosians, to quote the immortal words of the late US president John F. Kennedy, “politics is too important to be left to the politicians.”

We must ask our government hard questions about the promises they made about our security, about employment, about affordable housing, about healthcare, about women’s rights.

The world is changing: time and tide have in several countries swept away old orders and brought in new, more dynamic ones. Lagos must not remain stuck in its past. We, you and I, can do it for our state too.

I offer myself for service with a solid track record of leadership. I’m not here to tell you that there are quick, easy solutions to our state’s problems. Far from it. Years of economic and leadership mismanagement by Tinubu cannot be undone in a few short weeks or months. Things will be difficult and painful choices will have to be collectively made.
What I am here to tell you is that:
TOGETHER, we can choose a NEW path.
TOGETHER, we can set a BOLD agenda.
TOGETHER, we can deliver for ourselves a DIFFERENT outcome.

Lagos will achieve greatness.
I have not announced today the party platform on which I intend to contest for the office of the governor of Lagos State. My focus for now is Lagosians and not on party platforms that have in the past been mere vehicles for capturing political power.
While I have been approached by a number of political parties, the movement that I am part of will decide which one we will join. That decision will be based on commonality of vision and the IMPERATIVE of a generational shift in leadership, and we will announce this decision in the coming weeks. It is important that we begin to focus more closely on the individuals seeking elective office in our country and their qualifications in terms of character, competence, capacity, and track record.
We must refuse to allow the political elite to continue to intimidate us with the idea that no one can displace them. They boast they will outspend us and more.
But we say to them: Lagosians will not be taken for a ride yet again. The time to sit on the fence is past, ladies and gentlemen.
I’d like to end my speech by thanking my family,friends and Nairalanders with the exception of Tinubu urchins and miscreants. My lovely and ever supportive girlfriend, who always challenges me to be the best man I can be. Thank you, dearest.
Lagos, we can do this. Let’s get to work! Eko oni baje.

Comrade Otunba Gbenga Buraimoh.
Lalasticlala, Seun FrontPage

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2022
Please, my good people of Nairaland I need your support and mandate to achieve this task. Thank you very much.
Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by MITCHELL96: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by helinues: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
Return back to your region, SE and go and contest there. The dilapidated state of the region is worrisome.

They need you more in SE than Lagos state..

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Goodluck
Thank you very much my dear. Eko oni baje!
Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
helinues:
Return back to your region, SE and go and contest there. The dilapidated state of the region is worrisome.

They need you more in SE than Lagos state..
I'm more Yoruba than you and your entire household. Tell us where you are from, your family and compound let's know who the real Omoluabi's are.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
When I become governor of Lagos State there won't be a need for any lagosian to JAPPA to Canada for greener pastures. Tinubuadvocate take note.
Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr129:

I'm more Yoruba than you and your entire household. Tell us where you are from, your family and compound let's know who the real Omoluabi's are.
Hahahahahaha see finishing
helinues will be crying now.

helinues accept this challenge or shut up forever.
he don finish you ooo
nothing remain
Hehehehe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
AchalugoNwa:
Hahahahahaha see finishing
helinues will be crying now.

helinues accept this challenge or shut up forever.
he don finish you ooo
nothing remain
Hehehehe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by helinues: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr129:

grin

Small yansh dey shake

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2022
helinues:

grin

Small yansh dey shake
Why you dey change topic. Answer to my challenge make we shame devil.
Remember, you know we have a score to settle.
Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
helinues:

grin

Small yansh dey shake
[/s]
shataaaaapppp
accept his challenge or hide your face in shame forever.

Hehehehehe
e pain am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by Sammysolution: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
I wish you best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
Sammysolution:
I wish you best of luck
Thank you very much sir.
Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr129:
Please, my good people of Nairaland I need your support and mandate to achieve this task. Thank you very much.

You don meet Mr Lifetime Ambition aka Nationals leader SWAGAless party. If him bless you, we go support you. After all na him be de alpha and omega for Lagos state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

You don meet Mr Lifetime Ambition aka Nationals leader SWAGAless party. If him bless you, we go support you. After all na him be de alpha and omega for Lagos state
Laye laye! How can we ask for blessing from the same person we want to dethrone from lagos seat of power.
Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by ThEGodFaThEr129: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
helinues:

grin

Small yansh dey shake

Re: A Nairalander' Declaration Of Intention To Contest The 2023 Lagos Guberelection. by FuckOsuPigs: 5:25am On May 01, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr129:
With love for our state and a fierce commitment to a vision of rapid progress for our more than 17 million populace, and following wide-ranging consultations, I offer myself to serve the good people of Lagos as Governor, lagos State 2023.

I therefore intend to be a candidate in the 2023 gubernatorial election. I seek the opportunity to offer our beloved state visionary, purposeful, competent leadership to build our future. The successive leadership failures of our civilian political class pivoted by Tinubu, have combined to rob us of what seemed our destiny since the inception of democracy in 1999.

I am standing here today saying that it is time we shatter the downward spiral to nowhere.
I am here today standing with the 17 million Lagosians experiencing crushing poverty, living on less than 300 naira a day and begging for alms, cap in hand every day at bourdillon's gate.

I am here today because 75% of our able men and women are unemployed or underemployed, nearly 2 million children are out of school, and only 40% of Lagosians are literate.

I am here today because our state hospitals are understaffed and mismanaged death traps, and women are still subject to horrific prejudices and devastating early marriages.
I am taking this stand, here and now, because Lagos today is divided by ethnic and religious conflicts, made worse by corruption championed by the Jagaban. The government has failed in its very first duty of securing our lives as Lagosians, and we have lost our place in the comity of states. The time has come for us to bring lasting solution to this.

IT IS TIME for a radical change in the political leadership of Lagos where the real indigenes will be carried along.
IT IS TIME for a visionary, competent and inclusive leadership that truly cares about our State.
IT IS TIME for a leadership equipped with the skills, intellect and competence to wage a decisive war against poverty and unemployment.
IT IS TIME for a Lagos in which our youth can fulfill their full potential and our daughters can aspire to any opportunity they desire.
IT IS TIME for a 21st century leader to lead us into a new and different future.
IT IS TIME for a Lagos devoid of every forms of touting and street urchins on our roads, bus garages and motor parks.

What we need now is a REAL movement of the people, by the people and, most importantly FOR the people of Lagos to move our country forward and break with our troubled past. I offer myself as part of that movement.
We are a State of great indegenious people; as seen by the way Omoluabi's abroad are thriving. We hear the stories of those who leave home with little more than a hope and a prayer, change the world abroad.
Lagosians have smarts, ingenuity, drive, relentlessness, vision, and sheer force of will. We must be able to harness our strengths and make them work for us here in Lagos.
My fellow Lagosians, to quote the immortal words of the late US president John F. Kennedy, “politics is too important to be left to the politicians.”

We must ask our government hard questions about the promises they made about our security, about employment, about affordable housing, about healthcare, about women’s rights.

The world is changing: time and tide have in several countries swept away old orders and brought in new, more dynamic ones. Lagos must not remain stuck in its past. We, you and I, can do it for our state too.

I offer myself for service with a solid track record of leadership. I’m not here to tell you that there are quick, easy solutions to our state’s problems. Far from it. Years of economic and leadership mismanagement by Tinubu cannot be undone in a few short weeks or months. Things will be difficult and painful choices will have to be collectively made.
What I am here to tell you is that:
TOGETHER, we can choose a NEW path.
TOGETHER, we can set a BOLD agenda.
TOGETHER, we can deliver for ourselves a DIFFERENT outcome.

Lagos will achieve greatness.
I have not announced today the party platform on which I intend to contest for the office of the governor of Lagos State. My focus for now is Lagosians and not on party platforms that have in the past been mere vehicles for capturing political power.
While I have been approached by a number of political parties, the movement that I am part of will decide which one we will join. That decision will be based on commonality of vision and the IMPERATIVE of a generational shift in leadership, and we will announce this decision in the coming weeks. It is important that we begin to focus more closely on the individuals seeking elective office in our country and their qualifications in terms of character, competence, capacity, and track record.
We must refuse to allow the political elite to continue to intimidate us with the idea that no one can displace them. They boast they will outspend us and more.
But we say to them: Lagosians will not be taken for a ride yet again. The time to sit on the fence is past, ladies and gentlemen.
I’d like to end my speech by thanking my family,friends and Nairalanders with the exception of Tinubu urchins and miscreants. My lovely and ever supportive girlfriend, who always challenges me to be the best man I can be. Thank you, dearest.
Lagos, we can do this. Let’s get to work! Eko oni baje.

Comrade Otunba Gbenga Buraimoh.
Lalasticlala, Seun FrontPage

Aaye gb'ekulu odan, o fee nipon l'aya bii'ra
Ire yo tan, o be'ra re ni'kun
Aya yo tan, o nse kondu-kondu s'oko
Oya yo tan, o n w'ode sun-un l'akitan, o ni k'aja ode maa Kalo
Omo yo tan, o npe baba l'eranko

B'eru ba pe n'ile, o maa nbu alajobi ni grin

Decipher what I said above as it relates to your day-dream.

If you don't gerrit, forget abourrit!

You can call Achalugonwa to decipher it for you, he's one of the oldest gala hawkers in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Police In Anambra Rescue “Kidnapped” Herdsmen / Curfew: Bishop Kukah Commends Tambuwal's Action, Debunks Attack On Residence / Wike, A Fool And His Money.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.