Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Joseph Makoju Is Dead - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Joseph Makoju Is Dead (32021 Views)

Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Dangote Cement Appoints Michel Puchercos As Group CEO; Joseph Makoju Retires / Multiple Taxes, High-interest Loans Killing Manufacturers – Makoju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Whobedatte(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
OBJs partner in crime, 16bn dollars swept under the carpet trying to fix power all to no avail
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Oricha79(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ah!
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by excel101(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
People are really making good comments about him, should be a been Goodman. I knew him chairman to some companies board back then (don't really know if I'm mistaking him for someone else.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by SarkinYarki: 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
Iyaebe:
RIP a good man in all ramifications, good memories of him in his macks farms Kogi state when we visited him.There's truly nothing in this life. Mynd44 , , seun please front page let’s mourn uncle Joe

Did anybody ever say there was something in life ?
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Bimpe29: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
Such is life

1 Like

Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by SarkinYarki: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Maxymilliano:
He was one of the finest of this generation and sets unparalleled records in both public and private sectors.

May his soul rest in peace cry

Set unparrelled record in public and private service yet NIGERIA is still like this? shocked. This country can kill any amount of effort smart people put In
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by DrKKK1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Makoju was super good in theory and practice. He was not only good on paper, he was extra ordinary on the field. Rest on one of the finest from the mother Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Skillsnigeria: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
R.I.P
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by damoobaba: 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
He was very popular during Obasanjo's time, he was the head of NEPA at the time
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Peacecoy19: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
Revolution2022:
Dangote factories is another Lebanese and indian slave factory in Nigeria
It is not true.Dangote employees in all sectors are not in slavery even if the condition of service is not very good on international scale.Because Dangote companies are labour intensive,they have third party workers who's condition of employment is not good but this is practiced by most companies in Nigeria.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by hollagee(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
Odogwu you have done well, let your legacy do the rest. You will have an honorary burial full of dignitaries in attendance.. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by wingmanIII: 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Fourwinds:
He work for WAPCO..not mentioned in is profile

True. Chief Engineer or so. Portland cement Shagamu. Wife taught me in secondary school. May his soul rest in peace. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by fkj950ax(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
chiedu7:
The price of Cement is artificially high in Nigeria & cheap outside the country

Cement price is not artificially high. Nigeria's economic indices are extremely high, hence everything is high when compared to other nations.

It's like you asking why $1 can't be N1. Fix the economic indices and it will level up.
Cost of funds
Power generation
Unskilled technical workforce
Transportation network
Lack of local content / manufacturing
Excess import duties
FX rate
Etc

If we fix these and many more, the overall economy will improve. Price of commodities (including cement) will come down in the local market.

These other countries you refer to may not be richer or populous like Nigeria, but they have achieved some of these things and helps their population.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Billionaireboy1: 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
I will be the next CEO of Dang Cement. wink
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Satazaa: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
he is in my opinion one of the most illustrious citizen the ebiras and kogi state has ever produced, a complete professional and consummate corporate Titan and gentleman kiss
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
What a lose to Ebira people in particular and Nigerian at large. He is one of the reason Okene enjoy the kind of stable electricity up till today. May almighty God give his family and the entire people of Ebira land the fortitude to bear this lose.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by momahnany(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
May your soul rest in the highest of heavens
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by vicfajeze: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
What a good man,but EBIRA PPLE DON FINALLY KILL DIS MAN.DIA IS OHOMORIE OOO
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Fourwinds: 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
wingmanIII:

True. Chief Engineer or so. Portland cement Shagamu. Wife taught me in secondary school. May his soul rest in peace. Amen

Yeah...West Africa Portland Cement.Sagamu.. He was a managing director/CEO of the company as at 1999.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Trios(f): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
I am ebira and I can proudly say he was a good man.. He is the reason we had good transformers and constant electricity supply in Okene. Rest on Sir.. You will always be remembered
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by VEHINTOLAR: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2022
Rip sir.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by luizpippo(m): 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2022
RIP.

What a man.

All adulations here on NL because he was a good person.

I hope those complaining about people being harsh when Abba Kyari's death was announced can see the difference.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
Throwback:
He was the head of NEPA during the OBJ regime.
his brother was rector federal college of education kontagora Niger State... The man don try death is a sure thing for everyone may God console his family
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Rest in Peace Oga Joe Makoju ... the Good Lord console your family , my oga at the top and put you in the best place in paradise.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by frog12: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
so he gave you guys nicer transformers and the rest of the country substandard ones?

rip to him.

Trios:
I am ebira and I can proudly say he was a good man.. He is the reason we had good transformers and constant electricity supply in Okene. Rest on Sir.. You will always be remembered
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Simpleshafee(m): 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2022
Engineer Makoju was a good man. Ebira. People will forever miss him. RIP Sir.
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by 9gerian: 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Kpengla(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Chuksaluta(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2022
Abdulmumin412:
What a lose to Ebira people in particular and Nigerian at large. He is one of the reason Okene enjoy the kind of stable electricity up till today. May almighty God give his family and the entire people of Ebira land the fortitude to bear this lose.

Good to know this. I served in okehi In 2012 and power supply availability there was very high. May his soul rip
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Obansy112(m): 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2022
Rest in perfect peace.. one of the Ebira finest, humble peaceful and loving.. We will surely miss you. good night Adiu..
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by Benrosaria(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Makoju served as a special adviser on electric power to former Presidents Goodluck Jonathan and Olusegun Obasanjo.

https://www.thecable.ng/joseph-makoju-former-md-of-dangote-cement-is-dead/amp?fbclid=IwAR2SfjDb3ZDLfdK3BJclBpHUogP6eo9uXKBIx2Be6fOLx5aDwDNzmQFWNgg

One of the ways obasanjo looted electricity power flowing funds
Re: Joseph Makoju Is Dead by masseratti: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ezedon:
All the cements and other products money he ate, he still die, I don't believe it
please stop saying thrash online, your pápá cement lost??

may his soul rest in peace, this man was very hardworking, and he helped alot of people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise Me / American ATM Dispenses 100$ To Customers Instead Of 20$ / Bitcoin Value Falls After China Declares Crypto-Currency Transactions Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.