Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Car Gurus, Advice Needed. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Gurus, Advice Needed. (538 Views)

(peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House / Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins / Car Gurus Come In Here...gazzuzz Et All...your Professional Advice Is Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by ThatIgboBoy: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
Please I am stuck in a dilemma and I need the car gurus in this section to step in. I am about to buy my first car. The economy is tight so I am buying a Nigerian used car. I have a budget of 1.5million for a matrix or a 2008 Honda civic cars. Everyone is just telling me to avoid Honda cars because of leg pull. Trying to convince them that civic legs don't pull and they said it is a lie. I need civic users and experienced mechs and car guys to advise me. Is it wise buying that for a first car? The price of matrix keeps shooting above my budget.
Re: Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by Kingdemu: 8:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
ThatIgboBoy:
Please I am stuck in a dilemma and I need the car gurus in this section to step in. I am about to buy my first car. The economy is tight so I am buying a Nigerian used car. I have a budget of 1.5million for a matrix or a 2008 Honda civic cars. Everyone is just telling me to avoid Honda cars because of leg pull. Trying to convince them that civic legs don't pull and they said it is a lie. I need civic users and experienced mechs and car guys to advise me. Is it wise buying that for a first car? The price of matrix keeps shooting above my budget.
I'm curious as to why you are trying to convince whosoever you referred to as "them". Are they buying the car for you? Or would the car function as a community car to be shared by you and them?

2 Likes

Re: Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by fineboynl(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Nigeria used cars has alot of risk. For that simple reason buy a 2005 models a d below. Because the more recent model has alot of sensors and computerized issues if abuse you will have yourself to blame.

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by Mikesol: 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThatIgboBoy:

Civic, don't listen to them
Civics wheels don't pull
And they're better
Re: Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by diportivo: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
fineboynl:
Nigeria used cars has alot of risk. For that simple reason buy a 2005 models a d below. Because the more recent model has alot of sensors and computerized issues if abuse you will have yourself to blame.

your moniker de lie

you no fine kankan angry

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThatIgboBoy:

Over 98% of Nigerian car users abuse cars, they don't use them.

They also hate vehicles that don't appreciate abuse.

Further, when buying parts, they buy the most substandard and cheapest they can find, then complain when a vehicle disappoints them!

Have you not seen the photos/sights of Gwagens, W124s and Land Cruisers with that dreaded 'leg pull' by the roadside on even on the middle of the highways? Forget Nigerians and their super poor maintenance culture!

I've used all shades of Hondas over the years, never have I had the leg pull.

Never.

Not even once!

Buy your Honda Civic and maintain it with genuine OEM parts and it will serve you in the years to come.

Like me, maintained properly, that shaft won't pull on you.

Ever.

My only concern (and by extension, your challenge) remains how you'll get a non-abused Nigerian used Civic. That is only what should concern you at this time.

If you have any further questions, ask away.

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Advice Needed. by ThatIgboBoy: 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

Over 98% of Nigerian car users abuse cars, they don't use them.

They also hate vehicles that don't appreciate abuse.

Further, when buying parts, they buy the most substandard and cheapest they can find, then complain when a vehicle disappoints them!

Have you not seen the photos/sights of Gwagens, 8W124s and Land Cruisers with that dreaded 'leg pull' by the roadside on even on the middle of the highways? Forget Nigerians and their super poor maintenance culture!

I've used all shades of Hondas over the years, never have I had the leg pull.

Never.

Not even once!

Buy your Honda Civic and maintain it with genuine OEM parts and it will serve you in the years to come.

Like me, maintained properly, that shaft won't pull on you.

Ever.

My only concern (and by extension, your challenge) remains how you'll get a non-abused Nigerian used Civic. That is only what should concern you at this time.

If you have any further questions, ask away.

Thanks for this

(1) (Reply)

Where To Oven Bake A Car In Lagos / More Facts Emerge On Why Naziru Isyaku Rabiu Resigned As Executive Director At B / 05 LEXUS RX 330 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.