Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In (1604 Views)

If You Have Used These Set Of Phones,please Go And Marry / Please, Who Has Used UMIDIGI Phones, Or Who Knows About The Phon / What Is The Worst Phone You Have Used So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by henrygold100: 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
What are those more features, functionality and customization that Samsung s22 ultra has over iphone13 pro max.

In short things s22 ultra can do that 13pro max can’t do

Educate us so we can make better choice
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by Benki003(m): 9:23am On Apr 12, 2022
But why una go just the knowingly oppress us grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by akj26(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2022
I have been an android user all my life. I have been battling between Ultra and pro max. I have to settle for iPhone 13 pro max. Both are great phone though but Pro max is worth every penny but EXPENSIVE.
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by Couzy21(m): 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2022
henrygold100:
What are those more features, functionality and customization that Samsung s22 ultra has over iphone13 pro max.

Both are good phones but from popular opinions;
iPhone wins with battery life, IOS update and Processor speed
Samsung wins with camera, design, customization, display, stylus, Samsung Dex mode that allows you use your phone on TV, just leave the customisation and fun part to Samsung.

But if you love your phone for being a phone and dependable go for the iPhone but if you love gimmicks, bright display, extras, go for the Samsung

3 Likes

Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by BotherMleeper(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
henrygold100:

Here

S22U has 3x/10x optical zoom, and a 100x digital zoom. Frankly 3x is always fine, 10x is a bit extreme, but 100x is a gimmick because the picture is a useless blurry mess.

S22U has terrible battery, the snapdragon 8 Gen 1 has poor thermals and heats up easily.

The boxy shape of the S22U is unwieldy and cuts deep into your palms.

I still haven't found any use for the S Pen...still largely a gimmick for me.

But the S22U camera is quite good. Skin tone not as good as the iphone 13 pro max, but portrait mode is a bit better.

The iphone has great photography modes, and cinematic mode. Its pictures are far more natural with great HDR. The Samsung however seems to capture more light and thus works its nightmode better, bur video isn't as good as the iphone.

The iphone 13 pro max has probably the best battery of any phone so far, and has an excellent, bright and color accurate screen. It's also far more ergonomic to hold.

All in all, it's really down to android vs iOS and brand loyalty. Still, I prefer the iphone by light-years over the Samsung.

Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by BotherMleeper(m): 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
akj26:
I have been an android user all my life. I have been battling between Ultra and pro max. I have to settle for iPhone 13 pro max. Both are great phone though but Pro max is worth every penny but EXPENSIVE.

They're about the same price.
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by henrygold100: 4:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
BotherMleeper:

They're about the same price.

I just noticed that, I thought that’s iPhone is more costly Dan Samsung
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by OneKinGuy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by HACKPASTOR(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
I'm using both phones and both work extremely. But if you want to go for Samsung S22 ultra, always go for 256gb or 512gb. Also iPhone 13 Pro Max is also a good phone.

Here's. 60x Optical Zoom.

Even iphone 13 Pro Max 15x Optical Zoom don't come closed to the Samsung.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by Jung(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
Couzy21:

Both are good phones but from popular opinions;
iPhone wins with battery life, IOS update and Processor speed
Samsung wins with camera, design, customization, display, stylus, Samsung Dex mode that allows you use your phone on TV, just leave the customisation and fun part to Samsung.

But if you love your phone for being a phone and dependable go for the iPhone but if you love gimmicks, bright display, extras, go for the Samsung

So the Samsung is not dependable? Lmao rubbish opinion
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by Couzy21(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2022
Jung:

So the Samsung is not dependable? Lmao rubbish opinion
If you see my opinion, I am a Samsung fan, but I am not saying it's not dependable, the iPhone is just more dependable since it's constant with it's features, the camera will always be a 9 while the Samsung fluctuates, the video camera will always be better.
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by Jung(m): 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2022
Couzy21:

If you see my opinion, I am a Samsung fan, but I am not saying it's not dependable, the iPhone is just more dependable since it's constant with it's features, the camera will always be a 9 while the Samsung fluctuates, the video camera will always be better.

Didnt sound like that when you typed it. You said if you want a phone that is "dependable".

Your words not mine. You didn't say "more dependable". And even sef, so iPhone is more dependable than Samsung? Really? In this age of flagships where you choose phones for preference and not performance? You no try abeg. Rest

It's very obvious you aren't using a flagship. Use a note 20 or a 21 ultra and come back and type this baby about camera again
Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by Unbiased1: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2022
henrygold100:

From user reviews and reviews from some top tech reviewers, it all falls down to preference.
The iPhone 13 pro max has the best battery life amongst other smartphones in the world. The A15 Bionic processor is more powerful than all other smartphone processors so the iPhone processes video and picture renders much faster than the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 in the Samsung. The iPhone will get more software and security updates than the Samsung.
The Samsung has better camera overall as it beats the iPhone in Portrait shots, Zoom/Telephoto shots, Ultrawide shots and low light shots. The iPhone nearly wins video recording which is hardly noticeable. The Samsung has a better screen with better colour accuracy and resolution, the build quality is at par with the iPhone but due to the shape of the Samsung's screen, it is more likely to break before the screen of the iPhone when dropped from the same height. The Samsung S22 has faster upload and download speeds so its internet speed is noticeably faster than that of the iPhone especially when downloading apps, videos or uploading stuffs on the internet. Some users have also claimed that the Samsung is faster when switching between apps. This may be due to Samsung's fluid user interface design. Samsung is also more customisable.
Samsung is promising 4 years of OS update and 5 years of security update but for iPhone 13, you are sure to receive up to 6 years of both OS and security updates or even 7 years of updates.
For gaming, you won't notice the difference between both phones but when it comes to using apps that require 4k rendering like Lightroom and Adobe Rush, the iPhone totally wins in terms of speed of processing the final result.
The Samsung has slightly faster charging speed. If you are a fan of astrophotography, then the Samsung is your best bet because iPhone is almost useless in that regards in fact, iPhone is just noticeably horrible when you talk about zoomed in shots especially when placed side by side with the latest Samsung, Pixel and Huawei devices. You can check out YouTube videos and reviews from XDA Developers and Android Authority to see how brilliant the Samsung's zoom capabilities are even at 100x zoom, only the Google Pixel 6 Pro comes close.

Please be informed that the review I just gave was based on the Samsung with the Snapdragon Processor which is sold mainly in the US. The one you may likely buy may be the Samsung with the Exynos processor which has slightly lower performance than the Snapdragon in almost all categories.

3 Likes

Re: If You Have Used Both Phones Or Have Idea, Come In by henrygold100: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2022
Unbiased1:

From user reviews and reviews from some top tech reviewers, it all falls down to preference.
The iPhone 13 pro max has the best battery life amongst other smartphones in the world. The A15 Bionic processor is more powerful than all other smartphone processors so the iPhone processes video and picture renders much faster than the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 in the Samsung. The iPhone will get more software and security updates than the Samsung.
The Samsung has better camera overall as it beats the iPhone in Portrait shots, Zoom/Telephoto shots, Ultrawide shots and low light shots. The iPhone nearly wins video recording which is hardly noticeable. The Samsung has a better screen with better colour accuracy and resolution, the build quality is at par with the iPhone but due to the shape of the Samsung's screen, it is more likely to break before the screen of the iPhone when dropped from the same height. The Samsung S22 has faster upload and download speeds so its internet speed is noticeably faster than that of the iPhone especially when downloading apps, videos or uploading stuffs on the internet. Some users have also claimed that the Samsung is faster when switching between apps. This may be due to Samsung's fluid user interface design. Samsung is also more customisable.
Samsung is promising 4 years of OS update and 5 years of security update but for iPhone 13, you are sure to receive up to 6 years of both OS and security updates or even 7 years of updates.
For gaming, you won't notice the difference between both phones but when it comes to using apps that require 4k rendering like Lightroom and Adobe Rush, the iPhone totally wins in terms of speed of processing the final result.
The Samsung has slightly faster charging speed. If you are a fan of astrophotography, then the Samsung is your best bet because iPhone is almost useless in that regards in fact, iPhone is just noticeably horrible when you talk about zoomed in shots especially when placed side by side with the latest Samsung, Pixel and Huawei devices. You can check out YouTube videos and reviews from XDA Developers and Android Authority to see how brilliant the Samsung's zoom capabilities are even at 100x zoom, only the Google Pixel 6 Pro comes close.

Please be informed that the review I just gave was based on the Samsung with the Snapdragon Processor which is sold mainly in the US. The one you may likely buy may be the Samsung with the Exynos processor which has slightly lower performance than the Snapdragon in almost all categories.
very nice and comprehensive review

(1) (Reply)

A Good Phone With A Budget Of 50- 75k / Best 50k Phones In Nigeria 2023 / Cheap Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.