Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Living With My Grandma (18+) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Living With My Grandma (18+) (33908 Views)

Living With My Grandma (Episode 1) / Living With The Devil - Feather's Stories / Pls I Need Answers To Questions On "Tales From Grandma" By Dele Falodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 12:06am On May 11, 2022
kceemart:
I am still f0llowing o o

Alright boss.
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by WAACUT(m): 6:06am On May 11, 2022
Still following

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by preshman22: 9:54am On May 11, 2022
frankwriter:

Alright boss.
I messaged you on Whatsapp you nor reply

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by SalomeJoshua57: 3:27pm On May 11, 2022
This story is captivating..I love it nice job frank

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 6:07pm On May 11, 2022
WAACUT:
Still following

Alright.

Thank you.
preshman22:

I messaged you on Whatsapp you nor reply

Oh! I'm so sorry bro.

Let me check.
SalomeJoshua57:
This story is captivating..I love it nice job frank

Thank youuuuuu
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Dybala11(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2022
Still following you OP.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Shyhumbility1(m): 7:07pm On May 12, 2022
Dis story na vibes, ride on more ink.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2022
Dybala11:
Still following you OP.

Thank you.
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2022
Shyhumbility1:
Dis story na vibes, ride on more ink.

Garcias
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2022
� Episode 10 �

This episode is rated (18+)

The prospect of knowing Darlington and Annabel were having something irked me. I probably shouldn’t feel bad my cousin was having something to do with my close friend, but the fact Annabel hid it from me made me feel bad. Darlington on his part irritated me too. Maybe he didn’t know the secret affairs we had had a bond it brought afterward. I was simply mad at the duo.

Annabel was gradually getting tired of my attitude towards her after I met her with Darlington. She didn’t expect me to react the way I did but she barely knew
exactly how I felt. Our friendship was on the verge of breaking by the day.

Well, long story short, Annabel stopped coming to our house. We met only during the lesson period and barely talked like we used to. She had other friends she mingled with after the lesson unlike myself who half knew anyone else.
It was all my fault. Maybe I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did. I just couldn’t handle the sort of jealousy that clouded my heart. Annabel once queried angrily if I’d marry my cousin? Of course, I didn’t have any response to her query. I wasn’t sure what was doing me then. I was just young and naïve.

Within a few weeks, I subdued those thoughts and moved on. My Meska was there for me, too. JAMB exam was what occupied my mind. It did come and pass. My aggregate score was 286, and that was a big boost to my chances of getting my desired course, Applied Microbiology and Brewing. I was excited I made the cut-off mark. Annabel scored 254. Of course, she didn’t tell me herself. I found out through one of her friends. Annabel and I didn’t choose the same University. She chose Unical.

All while I was preparing for my journey to the University, grandma and my uncles were making plans for another person who would stay with grandma just in case I scale through the admission process and eventually get admitted.
I called my Dad and mom, telling them my score. They were glad I made the cutoff mark. My Dad said I should put more effort into the screening test so that all my efforts wouldn’t be in vain. I also called my uncles, indirectly sending them signals that I was on the verge of leaving their mother for school.

Post utme was the next thing in my mind. I chatted with Meska and informed him I’d be coming to their school for my screening exam (Post utme). I asked him to help me contact one of his female friends who could easily accommodate me for the two days I’d be staying in Awka. He obliged and promised to do the needful. He said I shouldn’t worry about accommodation. I knew Meska lived alone off-campus, but I didn’t want to stay in his apartment or perhaps pass the night there before writing my exam the next day. I needed maximum concentration to come out in flying colors, and he understood that too.

Meska equally assisted me with useful past questions which he sent across via pdf format. Even though he was an Art student, he was still able to get my subject combination, Phy—Chm—Bio from his friends. He played a major role in giving me the necessary orientation I needed for the upcoming screening test, which was a computer-based test.
I was anxiously anticipating as the days passed by. It was a different kind of feeling entirely. All my life, I haven’t seen the four walls of any University. Not only that, I was going to meet my guy again—and that was enough reason to be enthusiastic.

While waiting for the screening test, I didn’t relax at all. I was told Unizik was very competitive and one would only need a connection to succeed if eventually, you fail to meet up the required score. I wasn’t the kind of student that would read once and get it retained in my memory. I’d have to study and study before it sticks, so I steadily burn midnight candles. It was one of the periods I read like never before. The way some of my friends online hyped the exam stole sleep away from my eyes. Besides, I didn’t want to settle for Polytechnic. My Dad wouldn’t accept such from me. He made it clear that it was either a University or another University. He meant, it’s either I gain admission or I wait and rewrite another JAMB.

The day before the exam, I called Meska and informed him I would be coming in the evening so he could take me to the place I’d stay against tomorrow's exam. Meska was excited he would see me in a few hours. Well, the feeling was mutual. I was delighted too. I had missed him so dearly.

It was around 3:30 pm when I started preparing. I took my bath, brushed my teeth, and did a light make–up that concealed all the black spots on my face. I needed to dress like a campus girl, too. So I wore one of my favorite chevon tops and black jeans. I glanced in the mirror, carefully staring at my reflection, and applying lipstick to my lips. My hair was beautifully tied up in a bun. I reached into the wardrobe and picked two other clothes of mine that I cherished. I picked other accessories I’d be needing over there. And they were neatly arranged in my small red and white bag. I was finally done dressing up, I wore my most expensive perfume, and I made sure it was obvious I had a cologne.

Grandma was sleeping in her room when I entered to inform her I was about to leave for my exam. I tapped her gently and she rose. Grandma sat me down and gave me motherly advice. She cautioned me to be watchful and to always mind my movement. She knew it was my first time traveling to Awka, so she counseled me to mind my business and avoid trouble with anybody. She equally said a short prayer and wished me success, and that made me emotional. Grandma had me at heart. She wanted the best for me even though I was on the verge of leaving her for school, but she still wanted me to succeed, and I felt her good intentions.

“Thank you, grandma. I made soups for you and they are in the freezer. I’ll be back tomorrow evening, by God’s grace,” I said.
“Ngwanu, jee nke oma. Gbadokwa anya,” she bid me farewell in the Igbo language. I left her room with a half-smile. I hit back to my room, picked up my bag, and zoomed off. It was 4:15 pm when I left the house.

From our hometown to Awka was less than an hour's journey, but we spent two hours in transit. There was a disastrous accident along the highway. A long lorry collided with a truck and the outcome was terrible that all moving vehicles diverted to one lane. It was the rainy season too, and the roads were awful. Throughout our journey, almost everyone on the bus complained bitterly about how the government had failed to work on the major roads across the state.
Meska was steadily checking up on me. He called severally to know if I had arrived.

It was 5:58 pm when I finally arrived at Awka. I stopped at Unizik junction as directed by Meska. Cars and trucks swooshed past. Students were on different sides of the road. The weather was unclear. It seemed it would rain. I quickly dialed Meska's number, and in a twinkle of an eye, he came from behind, tickling my ribs. He hugged me as soon as I turned. “So fast? Have you been waiting here?” He nodded his head affirmatively. Meska was all smile on his sleeves and a black short. “Ziggy, I miss you,” Meska said. I was all smiles. I was timid to reciprocate when I saw the number of people close by.

Meska took my bag and lead the way to his lodge at Aroma. He didn’t want us to trek even when it was about ten-fifteen minutes walk. We boarded a bike and we soon arrived. It was twilight and the sun had gone down completely.
His apartment was a storey building painted in green and yellow. There were many numbers of students moving in and out of the building. Meska's room was upstairs, so we climbed the staircases. The moment he opened the door, Nepa restored light. Meska's rough face came through the white bulb. “What happened to your face? Have you used any ointment? I moved towards him, using my fingers to burst the ripe pimples carefully. He groaned in pain as soon as I punctured his skin. “See your ugly face. You have changed.” I taunted him.
We laughed.

Meska took my bag and dropped it under his wooden wardrobe. His room was littered with his drawing materials. I wasn’t surprised to see some of them on the bed. Meska went ahead to apologize again for what transpired between us. I quickly pleaded with him not to bring back the past.

“Have you called the girl I’d be staying with this night?” I asked. I needed us to divert from the past which seemed like he wasn’t ready to let go.
“Yes. I called her around 4:00 pm.”
“What did she say?”
“She said she is going to be back from church from 6:00 pm upwards.
“Okay then.” I finally sat at the edge of his bed and asked him to bring my bag. He did—and I gently unzipped it—and brought out black nylon which contained a row of sachet tea, milk, and corn flakes. There was butter and bread too. Meska was smiling when I handed them to him.
“Thank you, babe.” He kissed my forehead. He was overwhelmed seeing his girl again. She joined me in the bed and we got talking.

At 6:45 pm, Meska called the girl, but she didn’t pick up. She called back immediately, saying she was still in church. She promised she would stop by and take me along to her apartment once she is out of the fellowship center. It was quite relieving hearing that from her. So, Meska and I relaxed. We got talking and laughing out loud. I have missed his vibes. I moved closer and rested on his thighs while he played with my hair.

At 7:15 pm, the girl called back. She told him they just dismissed and she would soon be on her way. I quickly arranged my bags and zipped them.
At 7:20 pm, the roof began banging with drops of rain. It was raining heavily that we closed the windows because of the heavy waves that had blown up. And not long, the light went off. The room got illuminated by Meska's rechargeable lamp.

While we waited for the rain to stop, I told him I was feeling famished. He asked if noodles would be fine with me because that was the only fast food available. I told him to go on with it. I had no option. And it eventually turned out well, he came minutes later with two plates of spiced noodles and fried egg. We dined on his bed, feeding each other like couples. Meska was romantic. Not to exaggerate, my guy was damn incredible.
Seconds turned minutes and minutes turned hours, yet the rain didn’t stop. Time was ticking away. There was no point calling the innocent girl since it was still raining

At 10:38 pm, the rain finally stopped. Everywhere became dark and quiet. Meska said it was unsafe to go anywhere at that time, and I didn’t argue. It was really late. The serenity of the compound and its neighborhood spoke volumes. Meska's phone came beeping. It was the same girl calling. I heaved a big sigh of relief. I guess she was finally outside. But sadly, she only called to inform him she wouldn’t make it again. She was already in her apartment. It finally dawned on me I had no option but to stay back with Meska.
The long hours on the road from our hometown to Awka really sapped my strength. I was tired. I later took my bath, removed my undies, and wore a short; a sport short. I searched through Meska's wardrobe and found one of his sleeveless.

Meska lay on his bed pressing his phone. I sat at the edge of the bed scrolling through the past questions on my phone. Many dirty thoughts started running in my head. I was thinking of making out with Meska, or a least feeling his touches. But we were both glued to our phones. I knew Meska was doing everything possible to put himself under control, knowing I have an exam the following day.
After 10-15 minutes, he slept off unannounced. I stayed up with my phone. I did my last revision before retiring beside Meska.

At around 4 am, I was woken by some touch around my waist and it moved inside my shorts! I turned around to find that the touch was that of Meska's hand. He was awake—and when I tried resisting him, he planted a tight kiss on my lips, and we kissed passionately, tasting our tongues. The light from the rechargeable lamp has gone down; it became dim. We got rolling on the sheet. Meska took charge and stayed on top. He quickly pulled the sleeveless, revealing my bare breast. He fondled, caressed, and suckled on my hardened nips. I knew he had missed my boobs. A certified breast lover.

I arched against him when he moved to my other breast. Two fingers worked inside me, a little uncomfortable but nothing I couldn’t handle. Not so long as he kept his mouth on me, lavishing my breasts with attention. His thumb rubbed around a sweet spot and my eyes rolled back into my head. So close. The strength of what was building was staggering. Mind-blowing. My body was going to be blown to dust, and atoms, when this hit. If he stopped, I’d cry. Cry, and beg. And maybe kill... I came, groaning, every muscle drawn taut. It was almost too much. Almost.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

------------

If you are still following, Like and Comment. �

Do well to follow my Facebook page for more updates.
@Frank The Writer

Pleaseeee, follow my page.
100 comments will unlock the next episode.

Go follow now.

https://www.facebook.com/FrankWriter1

7 Likes

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by kceemart(f): 9:58pm On May 12, 2022
Wonderful,the story is getting more interesting by the day.Well done. Op

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2022
kceemart:
Wonderful,the story is getting more interesting by the day.Well done. Op

Thank you.
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by pearlbest(f): 12:56pm On May 13, 2022
Nice one sir....

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2022
pearlbest:
Nice one sir...

Graccias.
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2022
� Episode 11�

Meska and I went three rounds before daybreak, and that really sapped my strength that morning. I got up before him. When I knelt to say a quick prayer, the scenes of the previous night clouded my head. Voices were accusing and judging me—that was my conscience pricking me. “What made you think your prayers will be answered?” I was there motionless and I couldn’t even open my mouth to pray. Damn!

Meska was still asleep. I glanced through my phone, it was 7:12 am. My phone battery was running low too. I hurriedly brushed my teeth inside his bathroom. Water was running, so I took my bath too, and hurried out of the bathroom. I was wearing my clothes when Meska sluggishly opened his eyes. Our eyes got locked in contact, he smiled but I didn’t reciprocate. I wasn’t excited. I had this feeling God would punish me with a poor result with what I just did. Those were the kind of thoughts that conflicted in my head. I even tried recalling some of the Physics formulas I crammed last night but I couldn’t seem to recall even one. Chill bumps!!

I wore my clothes absent-mindedly. “Good morning, my love,” Meska broke the awkward silence. “Good morning,” I murmured. Meska noticed my countenance wasn’t all that friendly, so he quickly fling the duvet and rose from the bed. He moved towards the wardrobe where I stood, almost done dressing in my blue gown. He wanted to say something, then came a knock on the door.

“Yes. Who’s there?” He turned, facing the iron door.
“Emeka open door abeg!” came the voice from outside.
“Who you be?” Meska turned the doorknob and the door got opened.
“Hwfa, help me with toothpaste.” A tall skinny dude walked in.
“Come, you no fit buy toothpaste?” Meska teased with a half-smile.
“Thunder fire you! No be you use my own finish?”

They both laughed out loud at his joke. I needed nobody to tell me the dude was probably his neighbor, and maybe his friend too.
“Na your sister be this? She is fine oo.” He turned to me. I just chuckled and sat on the bed.
“Yes. Na my sister. You wan marry her?” Meska answered.
“If you give me I go collect. Hope say una bride price no cost shaa?”
“Idiot! C'mon get out,” replied Meska.

The dude left giggling after he collected the paste. Meska locked the door and hastily turned in my direction: “Ziggy you don’t look happy,” he paused and stared at me. “Why should I? I have exams by nine and I’m very weak and tired now.” I scowled my face. He needed no further explanation to tell him what I meant, so he started apologizing. He said he couldn’t help it. Meska blamed his sensitivities.
"Well, I need to start going now. I don’t want to take any chances. It’s almost 8:00 am and you know the exam is by 9:00 am” I brought out my bag and arranged my clothes neatly into it. I planned to go home immediately after the exam just as I promised grandma.

Meska quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face. He wore a jean and a shirt before finally, we dashed out of his apartment. I didn’t know the venue, so he lead the way and I followed him. When we got to the back gate, Meska beckoned on me to join the rest aspirants who were heading to the exam venue. Meska said he had an important assignment to submit before 9:00 am. He embraced me and wished me success.
He turned while I proceeded. Candidates were trooping in, so I joined them. I turned at intervals to catch a glimpse of Meska. I did so until he was far from reach.

Unfortunately, the Post utme didn’t commence at the stipulated time. We waited outside and got tired of standing. It wasn’t funny that year. Unlike the previous years when the screening was done using paper and pencil type. Unizik moved to Computer Based Test (CBT) and we happened to be the first set of aspirants to test the torture. Yes. It was a big one. That was in the year 2015.

These people weren’t fully prepared for what they exposed most of us to on the first day of the screening test. I can never forget in a hurry the endless pushing while we queued outside. Or, should I talk about the scorching sun that almost gave me a fever? Some candidates even turned to play, pushing one another while they shouted “Forward! Forward Ever!”

It got to a time some aspirants resorted to fainting, and those who fainted were rushed in for immediate treatment. And that really served as a saving grace for them. The rest of us stood there while waiting for our turn. Those who managed to go in complained about poor systems and its slow operation.

Funnily enough, the medical team brought back the ambulance used in evacuating fainted victims and kept it on standby, perhaps they guessed another candidate would still faint. All my life, I never knew what it feels like to faint. Instead, they stained my gown and threaded on my legs. These people nearly broke my toes but God saved me that day.

Sad to say, some of us eventually ended up not sitting for the screening exercise that day. Despite the hard pushing and scorching sun that feasted on us. The management asked us to come back four days later for the screening exercise because other subsequent days had been fixed for candidates of other faculties to sit for the exam. I was so pissed off at my bone marrow. Other aspirants complained bitterly. Some said they came from a far distance and had other engagements on the new date.

I was just tired and confused. After the whole struggle. It was so pathetic but we had no option. It was 5:15 pm when I checked my wristwatch. My phone was completely down because I couldn’t find anywhere to charge it. I earlier hoped to do so at Meska's apartment that night but the light lasted barely an hour.

I contemplated whether to go home from there or perhaps go to Meska's apartment and eventually leave as early as possible the next day. But first of all, I looked for a canteen to settle my rumbling belly. I hadn’t eaten since sunrise and my stomach was giving me all manner of kicks. People were buying one or two. The place was crowded with aspirants, so I waited patiently for my turn. About three ladies were attending to candidates. When it reached my turn, I bought snacks and a cold soft drink. I found an empty seat and did my business. The snacks weren’t enough, so I bought more till I got replenished.

At 5:42 pm, I was at the back gate. I trekked from inside the school downward. The distance was quite long. Should I go home from here or stop by at Meska's apartment? I stood there a bit confused about what next to do. I held my bag firmly because I was told crazy things happen at Awka as of then. Anything was possible including attacks from cult boys. I was extremely watchful. My phone was inside my bag since I had nothing to do with it at the moment.

Finally, I made up my mind to stop by Meska's apartment and leave as early as possible the following day. I took that decision because I was scared of the unknown. Like, what if I was unable to get home on time like it happened while I was coming to Awka?
So many “what if” questions actually made me change my mind.

The good thing is, Meska's was not far. It was easy to recognize and locate too. I could easily trek to his apartment, but I was exhausted. So I stopped a bike.
“How much?” I asked when I announced the name of his lodge.
“Your money is two hundred naira,” he answered.
“Ah! But it’s a hundred naira.”
“You go pay #150?” he said, his eyes roved in search of other possible passengers to pick up.

I understood that gesture. He had several options because of the numerous candidates that stood waiting for means to go leave the school domain. He would simply leave me if I continued to bargain, so I climbed and he zoomed off.

It was less than fifteen minutes and we finally arrived at Meska's apartment. As usual, students here and there, going about their businesses. I climbed the staircase, hopeful to meet my guy. I’d have called him but my phone was down.
I had walked halfway through the corridor to the second floor where his room was. You wouldn’t believe what I saw. Oh! My God. I sighted Meska coming out from his room, and by her left was a random girl whom he hung his hand around her waist. Damn! I was frozen. I had seen them before Meska looked up and saw me there motionless.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. Meska’s countenance changed the moment he spotted me standing there like a tree. I felt like my intestines were been sliced with scissors. My heart thudded against my ribs. Words can’t depict the way I felt that evening.

Meska's walking step suddenly changed and the girl knew it had something to do with me standing there, and when they walked to where I stood, shockingly they passed me by. Meska didn’t say anything to me. He just started and passed by. That was the height of it. Did this guy just walk past me? I turned, he turned but the girl dragged his face to the front and they walked down the staircase.

Every part of me stopped. My heart literally felt like it had shattered and I felt like Mike Tyson in his prime walked up to me and sucker punched me. Nothing felt right in my mind at that moment. Breathing seems to choke and I felt like someone had kicked me repeatedly in the stomach. Nothing made sense to me as I stood there.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

If you're still following..,
Like, Comment and Share!!!!!!!

100 Comments unlocks the next episode.

Go follow my Facebook page and comment
@ Frank The Writer.

8 Likes

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Captaintitan(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2022
nice one OP
frankwriter:

� Episode 11�

Meska and I went three rounds before daybreak, and that really sapped my strength that morning. I got up before him. When I knelt to say a quick prayer, the scenes of the previous night clouded my head. Voices were accusing and judging me—that was my conscience pricking me. “What made you think your prayers will be answered?” I was there motionless and I couldn’t even open my mouth to pray. Damn!

Meska was still asleep. I glanced through my phone, it was 7:12 am. My phone battery was running low too. I hurriedly brushed my teeth inside his bathroom. Water was running, so I took my bath too, and hurried out of the bathroom. I was wearing my clothes when Meska sluggishly opened his eyes. Our eyes got locked in contact, he smiled but I didn’t reciprocate. I wasn’t excited. I had this feeling God would punish me with a poor result with what I just did. Those were the kind of thoughts that conflicted in my head. I even tried recalling some of the Physics formulas I crammed last night but I couldn’t seem to recall even one. Chill bumps!!

I wore my clothes absent-mindedly. “Good morning, my love,” Meska broke the awkward silence. “Good morning,” I murmured. Meska noticed my countenance wasn’t all that friendly, so he quickly fling the duvet and rose from the bed. He moved towards the wardrobe where I stood, almost done dressing in my blue gown. He wanted to say something, then came a knock on the door.

“Yes. Who’s there?” He turned, facing the iron door.
“Emeka open door abeg!” came the voice from outside.
“Who you be?” Meska turned the doorknob and the door got opened.
“Hwfa, help me with toothpaste.” A tall skinny dude walked in.
“Come, you no fit buy toothpaste?” Meska teased with a half-smile.
“Thunder fire you! No be you use my own finish?”

They both laughed out loud at his joke. I needed nobody to tell me the dude was probably his neighbor, and maybe his friend too.
“Na your sister be this? She is fine oo.” He turned to me. I just chuckled and sat on the bed.
“Yes. Na my sister. You wan marry her?” Meska answered.
“If you give me I go collect. Hope say una bride price no cost shaa?”
“Idiot! C'mon get out,” replied Meska.

The dude left giggling after he collected the paste. Meska locked the door and hastily turned in my direction: “Ziggy you don’t look happy,” he paused and stared at me. “Why should I? I have exams by nine and I’m very weak and tired now.” I scowled my face. He needed no further explanation to tell him what I meant, so he started apologizing. He said he couldn’t help it. Meska blamed his sensitivities.
"Well, I need to start going now. I don’t want to take any chances. It’s almost 8:00 am and you know the exam is by 9:00 am” I brought out my bag and arranged my clothes neatly into it. I planned to go home immediately after the exam just as I promised grandma.

Meska quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face. He wore a jean and a shirt before finally, we dashed out of his apartment. I didn’t know the venue, so he lead the way and I followed him. When we got to the back gate, Meska beckoned on me to join the rest aspirants who were heading to the exam venue. Meska said he had an important assignment to submit before 9:00 am. He embraced me and wished me success.
He turned while I proceeded. Candidates were trooping in, so I joined them. I turned at intervals to catch a glimpse of Meska. I did so until he was far from reach.

Unfortunately, the Post utme didn’t commence at the stipulated time. We waited outside and got tired of standing. It wasn’t funny that year. Unlike the previous years when the screening was done using paper and pencil type. Unizik moved to Computer Based Test (CBT) and we happened to be the first set of aspirants to test the torture. Yes. It was a big one. That was in the year 2015.

These people weren’t fully prepared for what they exposed most of us to on the first day of the screening test. I can never forget in a hurry the endless pushing while we queued outside. Or, should I talk about the scorching sun that almost gave me a fever? Some candidates even turned to play, pushing one another while they shouted “Forward! Forward Ever!”

It got to a time some aspirants resorted to fainting, and those who fainted were rushed in for immediate treatment. And that really served as a saving grace for them. The rest of us stood there while waiting for our turn. Those who managed to go in complained about poor systems and its slow operation.

Funnily enough, the medical team brought back the ambulance used in evacuating fainted victims and kept it on standby, perhaps they guessed another candidate would still faint. All my life, I never knew what it feels like to faint. Instead, they stained my gown and threaded on my legs. These people nearly broke my toes but God saved me that day.

Sad to say, some of us eventually ended up not sitting for the screening exercise that day. Despite the hard pushing and scorching sun that feasted on us. The management asked us to come back four days later for the screening exercise because other subsequent days had been fixed for candidates of other faculties to sit for the exam. I was so pissed off at my bone marrow. Other aspirants complained bitterly. Some said they came from a far distance and had other engagements on the new date.

I was just tired and confused. After the whole struggle. It was so pathetic but we had no option. It was 5:15 pm when I checked my wristwatch. My phone was completely down because I couldn’t find anywhere to charge it. I earlier hoped to do so at Meska's apartment that night but the light lasted barely an hour.

I contemplated whether to go home from there or perhaps go to Meska's apartment and eventually leave as early as possible the next day. But first of all, I looked for a canteen to settle my rumbling belly. I hadn’t eaten since sunrise and my stomach was giving me all manner of kicks. People were buying one or two. The place was crowded with aspirants, so I waited patiently for my turn. About three ladies were attending to candidates. When it reached my turn, I bought snacks and a cold soft drink. I found an empty seat and did my business. The snacks weren’t enough, so I bought more till I got replenished.

At 5:42 pm, I was at the back gate. I trekked from inside the school downward. The distance was quite long. Should I go home from here or stop by at Meska's apartment? I stood there a bit confused about what next to do. I held my bag firmly because I was told crazy things happen at Awka as of then. Anything was possible including attacks from cult boys. I was extremely watchful. My phone was inside my bag since I had nothing to do with it at the moment.

Finally, I made up my mind to stop by Meska's apartment and leave as early as possible the following day. I took that decision because I was scared of the unknown. Like, what if I was unable to get home on time like it happened while I was coming to Awka?
So many “what if” questions actually made me change my mind.

The good thing is, Meska's was not far. It was easy to recognize and locate too. I could easily trek to his apartment, but I was exhausted. So I stopped a bike.
“How much?” I asked when I announced the name of his lodge.
“Your money is two hundred naira,” he answered.
“Ah! But it’s a hundred naira.”
“You go pay #150?” he said, his eyes roved in search of other possible passengers to pick up.

I understood that gesture. He had several options because of the numerous candidates that stood waiting for means to go leave the school domain. He would simply leave me if I continued to bargain, so I climbed and he zoomed off.

It was less than fifteen minutes and we finally arrived at Meska's apartment. As usual, students here and there, going about their businesses. I climbed the staircase, hopeful to meet my guy. I’d have called him but my phone was down.
I had walked halfway through the corridor to the second floor where his room was. You wouldn’t believe what I saw. Oh! My God. I sighted Meska coming out from his room, and by her left was a random girl whom he hung his hand around her waist. Damn! I was frozen. I had seen them before Meska looked up and saw me there motionless.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. Meska’s countenance changed the moment he spotted me standing there like a tree. I felt like my intestines were been sliced with scissors. My heart thudded against my ribs. Words can’t depict the way I felt that evening.

Meska's walking step suddenly changed and the girl knew it had something to do with me standing there, and when they walked to where I stood, shockingly they passed me by. Meska didn’t say anything to me. He just started and passed by. That was the height of it. Did this guy just walk past me? I turned, he turned but the girl dragged his face to the front and they walked down the staircase.

Every part of me stopped. My heart literally felt like it had shattered and I felt like Mike Tyson in his prime walked up to me and sucker punched me. Nothing felt right in my mind at that moment. Breathing seems to choke and I felt like someone had kicked me repeatedly in the stomach. Nothing made sense to me as I stood there.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

If you're still following..,
Like, Comment and Share!!!!!!!

100 Comments unlocks the next episode.

Go follow my Facebook page and comment
@ Frank The Writer.

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Ann2012(f): 6:28am On May 15, 2022
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2022
Ann2012:
Well done OP

Thank you.
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Adesina12: 10:00am On May 15, 2022
So sorry poor Ziggy
Meska has been sampling different pussy even when he just came out of Ziggy’s tolotolo
Weldone Op
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by kceemart(f): 4:26pm On May 15, 2022
Very nice Op,am very anxious to know what happened to Ziggy.I wish she forgets about men and concentrate on her studies.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Manna4Gurls: 6:35pm On May 15, 2022
First to do no dey pain...u cheated first so deal with it ziggy

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by Shyhumbility1(m): 6:36pm On May 15, 2022
Meska b bad joor e choke ride on OP

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 8:48pm On May 15, 2022
Adesina12:
So sorry poor Ziggy
Meska has been sampling different pussy even when he just came out of Ziggy’s colocolo
Weldone Op
Sweet popcorn for you

Lmao

Sampling what? wink
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2022
kceemart:
Very nice Op,am very anxious to know what happened to Ziggy.I wish she forgets about men and concentrate on her studies.

Lol... Ziggy will be fine.

Las las grin
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 9:19pm On May 15, 2022
Shyhumbility1:
Meska b bad joor e choke ride on OP

Lol.. What about Ziggy that cheated with her cousin wink
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2022
Manna4Gurls:
First to do no dey pain...u cheated first so deal with it ziggy

Abi ooo

Hahaha
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 9:22pm On May 15, 2022
Glad to know y'all are still following!!

Don't forget to follow my Facebook page

@ Frank The Writer

Gracias!!
Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2022
Episode 12

After I rebooted myself like a corrupt system, I walked down the staircases. It still seemed like I was dreaming. Like, he didn’t even feel remorseful nor stopped to say anything to me. That thought alone was crazy. I left the lodge and walked down the street. I really thank God I wasn’t hit by a moving car because, if you saw the way I was walking absent-mindedly, you’d think I lost a huge amount of money.

The day was getting darker, I had to walk faster like I was being chased by someone. My pace was weird. I finally stopped a bike man and asked that he take me to where I’d see a bus going to my hometown. He obliged and said my money was #200 naira. I didn’t argue. I quickly climbed and we zoomed off on the tarred road. My heart was just beating anyhow. I have never felt that way before. My first heartache and it wasn’t nutty. It literally felt like my heart was crushed. Nothing felt right in my mind. Everything went dark and felt meaningless.

Before the bike man could reach where he would drop me, I had already developed a slight headache. You needed to see my face. When he finally stopped, I paid him and he left. I stood there by the roadside. Cars and trucks swooshed past. It bubbled with so much excitement with people loitering about. Twinkle stars dotted the sky, and it was 7:14 pm when I glanced at my wristwatch. I became so worried. What if I get home very late at night and peradventure grandma had gone to bed, what would I do? My phone was down too.
So many negative thoughts clouded my head. But I was left with no option. I knew nobody in Awka, and even though I did, there was no means to reach anybody.

There were other people by the roadside also waiting for the next available bus to stop. We waited for fifteen minutes before one eventually halted when it got to where we stood. Everyone took on their heels, running towards the bus, vying for space. The sharp girl in me quickly got activated. “Nwayoo Nwayoo,” the conductor gestured them to take it easy. I didn’t dull myself at this point because I knew what was at stake. Who knows when another bus would come. The way and manner I squeezed myself inside the bus got other passengers talking. They marveled, but I gat no joy, so I didn’t join in the laughter.
When finally it got filled, few other people were unlucky, so they stood waiting for the next available bus.

The driver ignited the engine and screeched loudly on the tarred road. I sat calmly in the back seat nursing thought. I was impatiently waiting to get home so I could just sleep over the heartache and hope the next day gets better. The driver played one annoying song that I felt like planking him. The road was free. No traffic like while I was coming the previous day. Though there were still few uniform men at several checking points. As usual, collecting what they feel was their right. The driver didn't argue whenever they flagged him down.

It was around 8:17 pm when I finally alighted from the bus and gave the conductor #150. I have one more route to traverse before getting home. And it required just about a ten-minute ride from the junction where I stood fagging down bike men, but they tried taking advantage of the time to charge me higher. I didn’t have enough cash with me again, so I overlooked those greedy bike men and waited to see if I’d see one that would take a lesser amount from me.
Just then, a mini bike drove past. It turned and drove back and halted before me. “Zee, what are you doing here by this time of the night?” cane a masculine voice.

I quickly looked up to see who knew me. It was Ikenna, one of my classmates then in secondary school. But Ikenna left our school after he wrote junior waec with us. He didn’t move on with school after the exams. He simply went on to learn electrical wiring and connection. And he had turned a certified electrician, making his own money.

“Ikenna, is that you? Hmmm… longest time.” I chuckled.
“Yeahhhh. Otegokwa oo.” He meant it’s been a while.
“Where are you coming from? Are you going home now?” he added in one breath. He then rubbed his hand against his long beards.
“Yeah. I went for my screening exam at Unizik, Awka.”
“Oh! How was it? Well, I trust you naa. Z for Zee!” He showered me with praises.
“You this boy, you still haven’t changed.”

We laughed.

“Well, it didn’t hold again.”
“Postponed?”
“Yeah.”
“Okay. Oya enter, let’s get going.”
“Oh! Thank you, so much.” I climbed the back seat, and we zoomed off.

We didn’t get to converse while he drove. Ikenna was on earphones too. Probably he was listening to music.

At last, Ikenna dropped me outside our gate and I couldn’t thank him enough for his kind gesture. He refused to collect a dime from me. I thought he might even request my phone number, but he left without asking for anything. I heaved a sigh of relief, finally getting home safely. It was a few minutes past nine, and the gate was locked. I had to hit harder at the gate before grandma came out with a rechargeable lamp. I saw her through the side of the gate as she walked towards the gate.

“Ziora, why didn’t you stay and come back the next day? I have been calling your number and it wasn’t connecting.” Grandma lamented in the Igbo language when finally she opened the big black gate. She even went on in a proverbial statement that I barely understood. I stood there dumbfounded. If only she knew my pains, she would just leave me to be. She was angry because I kept late night and still didn’t call to inform her I was coming. “What if something bad had happened to you?” She added to my discomfort.

Silence.

She turned and walked in, and out of nowhere, Darlington was the next person I saw behind her. Damn! So, this guy is here again; I said to myself. He didn’t say anything to me. I returned the energy too. We just stared at each other, I was already pissed off by grandma’s harsh words. Darlington waited till I walked in, he then locked the gate and followed behind me. I walked straight to my room. There was light, so the first thing I did was plug my phone into a socket. I walked towards the bed and slumped tiredly, my eyes glued to the white bulb.

Heartbreak really sucks. Tears were gradually forming in my eyelids. I thought I could handle it. I thought I could shrug it off. I just lay on my bed balling in tears. Old memories kept popping up. I remembered those happy days with my guy. The days we had good moments and laughter. It seemed like the world was coming to an end, and I was the only one who knows.

I was left with tons of questions. I pondered if I’d ever move on from Meska, the one that ripped my heart out. What actually made me fall in love with him and what really made him break my heart? I rose and reached for my phone. It had added some charges, so I powered it. WhatsApp was the first app I clicked on. I texted him. I had to pour out my heart with words. My messages ticked two but he didn’t seem to care. He didn’t open my messages, even when it was obvious he was online. I tried a lot to interact with him but he seemed too busy to read my texts. I had hoped he would reply me, but, still, I got no reply from his side.

Again, I controlled my mind by thinking he was busy. I felt jealous recalling I had met him with someone else earlier. She might be the one getting all the attention now, I had pondered. Tears trickled down my cheeks and I dabbed my face with my left hand. I never knew a day would come when I’d cry because of Meska. The same guy I had been supporting with everything in me. I remembered teasing him about his girlfriends treating him well in school and he denied and said it was just me. Damn! So, Meska had been playing me all this while?

Again I messaged “Hello” and a reply popped up saying, “Yeah?” I didn’t know what to say anymore. The question mark was a big a turn-off and that got me feeling terrible. Maybe I shouldn’t have texted him. Well, I got some courage and I still confessed my feelings and how terrible he made me feel, Meska read but didn’t reply. I felt broken but it was okay. There was nothing else I could do. I got hurt knowing that he actually read and ignore me.

I lay there on my back, feeling the tears streaming down my face after I have ran out of energy for those big sobs. Looking at this particular cloth of mine he wore the last time he was in our house, all I felt was pains. I felt like changing his contact name from Meska to pains, so I don’t get to re-read all of those WhatsApp messages again. It pained me not knowing how he felt about the whole thing, but I was almost certain he didn’t feel what I felt. I remembered what Grandma once said, "they don't love you, they'd only sleep with you and move to the next person."

Thirty minutes later, I was staring at one of the pictures of Meska and I were in a romantic pose when I heard someone cough from behind. I was flabbergasted when I realized Darlington was standing behind me. Who knows how long he had been standing there.

“So, this is the dude you have been allotting grandma’s foodstuffs?” He said. Damn! I was shocked to my bone marrow. How on earth did this one get to know? I was certain nobody knew about Meska and I. How come this guy knew. I deliberated as I stared blankly at him. “You know what I’m saying, or do you want to deny it?” He added.

Silence.

He was getting at my nerves with all those provoking queries. As if what Meska did to me wasn’t enough, and there he stood acting like one headteacher. Surprisingly, the next move Darlington made was, he turned. And when I thought he was leaving my room, he locked the door and turned at my direction.

To be continued..
© Frank The Writer

If you're still following, please Like and Comment. �♥

Don't be a ghost reader!

Please, follow my Facebook page @ Frank The Writer.

150 Facebook comments to unlock the next episode

6 Likes

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by kceemart(f): 3:49pm On May 17, 2022
This Darlington seif,I wonder what he is up to this time around.Kudos Op

1 Like

Re: Living With My Grandma (18+) by frankwriter(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2022
kceemart:
This Darlington seif,I wonder what he is up to this time around.Kudos Op

Lol... He came to advise her. grin kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore / *****SCENARIO 75*****

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.