Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. (483 Views)

Truly God Is Dead As Christian girl Gives Birth Again In Boko Haram Den / The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead / Celebrating The Divine Manifestation Of The Godhead His Holiness Olumba Olumba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
When people talk about the “Godhead,” they often use the term “Trinity” in reference to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The term “Trinity” is not in the Bible; however, that does not necessarily mean that the concept is unbiblical. Yet many believe that there is just one person of God and deny the concept of the “Trinity.”

In this article, we are going to look at what the Bible teaches about the Godhead – what it means and whether there are three persons of God or just one.

The Meaning of “Godhead”
The term “Godhead” is used three times in the Bible:

“Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device” (Acts 17:29, KJV).

“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse” (Romans 1:20, KJV).

“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9, KJV).

Other translations (NASB, NIV, ESV) use different terms in place of “Godhead” – divine nature/being (Acts 17:29), divine nature (Romans 1:20), and deity (Colossians 2:9). These are helpful in understanding the meaning of the term.

“Godhead” is about nature or possessing the characteristics of God. Another term that may be easier to understand would be “Godhood.” This would be similar to “manhood” or “brotherhood” – possessing the characteristics of “men” or “brethren.” Those in the “Godhead” are part of the “Godhood” – possessing the characteristics of God.

What are the characteristics of God? There are several given to us in the Scriptures:

Eternality – God has no beginning and no end. “Before the mountains were born or You gave birth to the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God” (Psalm 90:2).
Immutability – To be immutable means that God is unchanging. “For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed” (Malachi 3:6).
Omnipotence – This means that God is all-powerful. When God appeared to Abram, He said, “I am God Almighty; walk before Me, and be blameless” (Genesis 17:1). The word “Almighty” means most powerful.
Omniscience – This refers to the fact that God is all-knowing. David described this in detail: “O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it all” (Psalm 139:1-4). God knows everything about us, no matter where we are or what we do.
Omnipresence – David wrote, “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there” (Psalm 139:7-8 ). When we refer to God as being omnipresent (present everywhere), we use the term in an accommodative sense. God is in heaven (Ecclesiastes 5:2; Matthew 6:9) unless He comes down to earth (Genesis 11:5). But this is related to the previous point. His omniscience makes it as if He were present everywhere even though He resides in heaven.
Any entity that possesses the characteristics described above can accurately be recognized as part of the “Godhead” or “Godhood” since they share the characteristics of God.

There Is One God
Monotheism (the belief in one deity) was unique to God’s people in the Old Testament. Moses said, “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!” (Deuteronomy 6:4). The Lord said, “Remember the former things long past, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me” (Isaiah 46:9). The idea was clearly expressed that there was only one God. He commanded the people, “You shall have no other gods before Me” (Exodus 20:3). This would have been different from the surrounding nations who served many “gods” (cf. Joshua 24:14-15).

In the first century, the Gentile nations also served many “gods.” When Paul was in Athens “his spirit was being provoked within him as he was observing the city full of idols” (Acts 17:16). In writing to the brethren in Corinth, Paul said there were “so-called gods…many gods and many lords” (1 Corinthians 8:5).

However, the New Testament plainly teaches that there is one God. Paul described the idols as “so-called gods” because “there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one” (1 Corinthians 8:4-5). He added, “There is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him” (1 Corinthians 8:6). He told the Ephesians that there is “one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:6).

There Are Three Persons of God
While the Scriptures are clear that there is one God, they also describe three persons of God. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each referred to as “God” in the New Testament.

The Father is God – “For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, ‘This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased’” (2 Peter 1:17).
The Son (Jesus) is God – “But of the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom” (Hebrews 1:8 ).
The Holy Spirit is God – “But Peter said, ‘Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of land? […] You have not lied to men but to God’” (Acts 5:3-4).
Though we do not find the term “Trinity” being used in the Bible, we can see from the passages above that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God. This means that as members of the Godhead, they share the characteristics of God that we noticed earlier.

There are several Old Testament passages that teach the concept of the “Trinity”:

In the Creation – “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters” (Genesis 1:1-2). This passage mentions God and the Spirit. In a parallel passage, John described the Word – Jesus (John 1:14) – also being present and instrumental in Creation (John 1:1-3).
In creating man – “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…’ God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:26-27). “Us” does not include angels as some have supposed. We know this because man was made “in the image of God” – not in the image of angels. Therefore, we can conclude from this passage that “God” includes more than one person.
After the fall of Adam and Eve – “The the Lord God said, ‘Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil…” (Genesis 3:22). Again, the plural pronoun “Us” is used for God.
In scattering the people at Babel – “The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. The Lord said, ‘Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.’ So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city” (Genesis 11:5-8 ). This is another instance in which “The Lord” is referenced using the plural pronoun “Us.”
Isaiah’s commission – “Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:8 ). This passage makes the same point as the previous one.
The prophecy of Christ’s reign – “The Lord says to my Lord: ‘Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet’” (Psalm 110:1). The Hebrew writer quoted this passage and emphasized the fact that the Lord was not referring to angels (Hebrews 1:13). Instead, this is about the Father and the Son (Hebrews 1:5).
Though the concept of the “Trinity” can be seen in the Old Testament, there were not many details given. However, the New Testament reveals this concept more completely, providing us with additional information about the three distinct persons of God.

At the baptism of Jesus – “After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased’” (Matthew 3:16-17). The voice from heaven was that of the Father. Distinct from Him was Jesus who was “being baptized” and the Holy Spirit who was “descending as a dove.”
In the Great Commission – “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). Jesus indicated that those who would be His disciples were to be baptized in the name of three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Sending “the Helper” to the apostles – “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me” (John 15:26). As Jesus gave this promise to His apostles, He clearly articulated the fact that the Father, the Spirit, and Himself were three distinct persons.
The closing of Paul’s second letter to Corinth – “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14). In closing his epistle, Paul highlighted certain blessings we have from God. In doing so, he emphasized each person of the Godhead.
Part of our “platform” for unity – “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:4-6). In describing all of the ones that form the basis for our unity as Christians, it is significant that Paul described all three persons of deity.
Their work in the scheme of redemption – “According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure” (1 Peter 1:2). Peter explained that all three persons of the Godhead each had their own role in our salvation.
Jude’s admonition – “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life” (Jude 20-21). Like Paul in his second letter to Corinth, Jude closed his letter by mentioning certain benefits we derive from each person of God.
The opening of the book of Revelation – “John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth” (Revelation 1:4-5). John described one who was eternal, the Spirit (described symbolically, since Revelation was filled with symbolic language, as “the seven Spirits”), and Jesus Christ. The one “who is and who was and who is to come” referred to God the Father. This is not to say that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were not eternal, but this trait was emphasized for the Father in this passage.
Some people claim that Jesus is the only person of God. Yet He plainly stated that He was distinct from the Father. In defending the claims He was making about Himself, Jesus said, “Even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true. I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me” (John 8:17-18). If Jesus and the Father were the same person, His argument would have been absurd. He told His disciples, “I am the vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1). Referring to the final day of judgment, Jesus said, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone” (Matthew 24:36). If the Father alone knows when that day will be and the Son does not know, then there cannot be only one person of God.

Jesus also made it clear that He was distinct from the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:32). The consequences for speaking against Jesus and the Holy Spirit were different, clearly indicating that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were two different persons.

Conclusion
The Scriptures teach that there is one God and three distinct persons of God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They have worked together in order to make our salvation possible (1 Peter 1:2). Therefore, it is important that we understand and appreciate the roles that each one fulfilled in making eternal life available to us
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jesus and God(The father)are the same person . Read John 14:9-15
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Jesus and God(The father)are the same person . Read John 14:9-15
Jesus didn't say he is the father but rather he is perfect reflection of the father so that anyone who sees him has seen the father.

See below,

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
Steep:

Jesus didn't say he is the father but rather he is perfect reflection of the father so that anyone who sees him has seeing the father.

See below,

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
You seem to forget that Jesus always spoke about His father and one of his disciples (Philip) wanted to see His father. Which was why he said "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." (John14:cool.

From the bolded, it is clear that His disciples wanted visual proof of the person Jesus had spoken so much about . And Jesus plainly told them He was the Father in the following verse . His response fits perfectly well with Isaiah9:6 which foretells of the coming messiah who was to be called "The everlasting father, The Prince of Peace

1 Like

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You seem to forget that Jesus always spoke about His father and one of his disciples (Philip) wanted to see His father. Which was why he said "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

From the bolded, it is clear that His disciples wanted visual proof of the person Jesus had spoken so much about . And Jesus plainly told them He was the Father in the following verse .
"He that has seen me has seen the father" is not the same as "I am the father".

Jesus is the image of the invisible God so all who saw Jesus saw the father but however Jesus is not the father.

His response fits perfectly well with Isaiah9:6 which foretells of the coming messiah who was to be called "The everlasting father, The Prince of Peace
Jesus is the father of the new human race just as Adam is the father of the old human race. Jesus is called the everlasting father because he is the father of the new human race.
God the father is the primary source and giver of all things, the word is the means through which all things are given
Evidence of the Trinity is even in the old testament in Genesis 1 vv 26 God said "let us create man in our image" Meaning God is a multipersonal being.
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2022
There is no word called "Godhead" in the Christian Greek Scriptures popularly known as New Testament.
Just check the Greek interlinear of Acts 17:29 Screenshot & receive SENSE grin

Greek Theios/Theoites is divine nature /divinity NOT Godheads of Trinity.

When Christendom talks about "Godhead", they mean what you see in this screenshot- triune deities with 3 heads.

This confused people too dey love to DECEIVE themselves.

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
Steep:

Jesus is the image of the invisible God so all who saw Jesus saw the father but however Jesus is not the father.

How come the same ghost is giving Steep & Ammishaddai conflicting revelations about the Father & Jesus Christ?
Steep:

Jesus is the father of the new human race just as Adam is the father of the old human race. Jesus is called the everlasting father because he is the father of the new human race.
God the father is the primary source and giver of all things, the word is the means through which all things are given.
Did Yahweh create anything outside the time frame of Genesis creation account in your Bible?
No !

When did Jesus create new human race?
When did Adam Father old human race?
Oga, please provide answer....

1 Corinthians 15:20-22,45, Jesus Christ gives everlasting life to all sinful offsprings of Adam having faith in Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 9:6 Therefore, Jesus "will become their everlasting Father" (take note of the futuristic reference "will become"wink in place of Adam who brought death to his offsprings, Romans 5:12.
Steep:

Evidence of the Trinity is even in the old testament in Genesis 1 vv 26 God said "let us create man in our image" Meaning God is a multipersonal being.

Oga, your claim is not true.
Job 38:1-7, Yahweh Almighty God said so.

YAHWEH spoke to the heavenly Court of spirit entities we call angels.
They were present at the creation of the Universe/man & rejoiced at the Creative work they had witnessed.
@ Job 38:4-7, did you take note of the Morning Stars rejoicing at the creation of man?
Revelation 22:16,Did you take note that Jesus Christ is a Morning Star?
E dey your Bible.

Do Trinitarian devotees observe that Job38:1-7 Isaiah 44:24 & Genesis 1:27 , YAHWEH is saying the same thing?
Argue with YAHWEH.
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
Steep:

God the father is the primary source and giver of all things, the word is the means through which all things are given
[/s] God the father is a Spirit(John4:24) . While Jesus is the vessel that hold that Spirit (Colossians 2:9). The Holy Spirit is know as the spirit of God . These three are in the similitude of man . In the sense that you have a body , soul and spirit. Jesus is God Almighty and Isaiah never interpreted it to mean a "father of the human race " . Rather , it was a literal meaning. Which is why Jesus name was called "Emmanuel "(God with us ).

Secondly , Jesus or God are not different people ; rather it is one person with two different natures. How do I know this? Simple . Read the gospels and you'll see. There are times when Jesus speaks as God and there are times He spoke as a man . Which is why He could change the law and give interpretations to it .

Lastly , God has said in His word " I will not share my glory with another" (Isaiah 42:cool . This means God will never share his worship with other gods or deities. So if you say Jesus and God are different persons then you're automatically contradicting the first commandment that says "Hear o Israel, the Lord our God is one ".
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] God the father is a Spirit(John4:24) . While Jesus is the vessel that hold that Spirit (Colossians 2:9). The Holy Spirit is know as the spirit of God . These three are in the similitude of man . In the sense that you have a body , soul and spirit. Jesus is God Almighty and Isaiah never interpreted it to mean a "father of the human race " . Rather , it was a literal meaning. Which is why Jesus name was called "Emmanuel "(God with us ).

Secondly , Jesus or God are not different people ; rather it is one person with two different natures. How do I know this? Simple . Read the gospels and you'll see. There are times when Jesus speaks as God and there are times He spoke as a man . Which is why He could change the law and give interpretations to it .

Lastly , God has said in His word " I will not share my glory with another" (Isaiah 42:cool . This means God will never share his worship with other gods or deities. So if you say Jesus and God are different persons then you're automatically contradicting the first commandment that says "Hear o Israel, the Lord our God is one ".
Steep:

The same ghost,2 conflicting revelations to Trinity devotees?
John 20:17 & 1 Corinthians 11:3,Did Jesus Christ & Paul teach conflicting doctrines?
Are you guys & guests seeing what I am saw?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] God the father is a Spirit(John4:24) . While Jesus is the vessel that hold that Spirit (Colossians 2:9). The Holy Spirit is know as the spirit of God . These three are in the similitude of man . In the sense that you have a body , soul and spirit. Jesus is God Almighty and Isaiah never interpreted it to mean a "father of the human race " . Rather , it was a literal meaning. Which is why Jesus name was called "Emmanuel "(God with us ).

The bible actually support the Trinity. Genesis 1 vv26 God said let us meaning there were more than one person.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

The Lord and his spirit are regarded as separate persons.

Before Jesus incarnation he was with the father.
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
Steep:

The bible actually support the Trinity. Genesis 1 vv26 God said let us meaning there were more than one person.
Matthew 19:4-6, Jesus Christ says the Creator is a "HE".
Genesis 1:27, Yahweh said the same thing.
Jesus Christ is in agreement with his Father but you are NOT?

Who are the "us" @ Isaiah 6:8?
Steep:

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Isaiah 48:16 NIV
Come near me and listen to this: “From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there.” And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, endowed with his Spirit"

Yahweh sent Isaiah with holy spirit (power from on high/God's finger/hand), according to Jesus Christ.
Is power from on high a Person?

Also, you guys say your Triune deities are equal.
Why will God send his equal on an errand whereas Yahweh has NEVER gone to any errand for Jesus or holy spirit? grin
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
Steep:

Wait a minute. Are you saying God is three distinct persons? If yes, then that would make God a schizophrenic God with a multiple-personality disorder. And by the way, do you really know why God came in the form of Jesus... ? undecided I'll tell you .

God as we know is an eternal being: He is ageless, powerful and immortal , and that means He can never die . So when man sinned and fell from perfection , he became guilty of God's justice.

At that time , man couldn't save himself(because he was guilty), and God knew that man will be doomed to die if atonement for his sin wasn't made. So in essence , man needed a Savior. So God took it upon Himself to rescue man by taking man's sins upon Himself . And how was He going to do this ?

If you recall, you'll remember that God is practically immortal, and for Him to pay the punishment for man's transgressions, He had to become a mortal so that He could die in man's place . This was the God's plan ...and when you read through the old Testament, you'll see tonnes of verses of God talking about His coming . He often spoke about this by sending visions to His rophets to prophesy about His arrival . Examples of these visions or prophecies can be found in the books of Isaiah , Joel ,Zechariah, Ezekiel etc. For better understanding, let's take an example from Isaiah 35:3-6 which says "

Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;
4 sayto those with fearful hearts
“Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you.”

5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
6 Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.

From the bolded , it is clear that God(aka Jesus ) is coming to His people to deliver them from common ailments that plague mankind . I could go on and on , but time would not permit me .
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ken4Christ: 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2022
God the father is invisible. If you want to see him, look at Jesus. He is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. He is express image of his personality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by haekymbahd(m): 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:
God the father is invisible. If you want to see him, look at Jesus. He is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. He is express image of his personality.
if we want to kill God the father can we kill Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by johnw47: 2:18am On Apr 12, 2022
Janosky:

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

lost fraud jw janosky

in gen 1:26 the "us" and "our" is God and the word:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

^^ "Him" is the Word

but keep up your lying oh son of the devil:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Like

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by johnw47: 2:34am On Apr 12, 2022
Janosky:

grin
When Christendom talks about "Godhead", they mean what you see in this screenshot- triune deities with 3 heads.

Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool:

lost blasphemer, fraud jw janosky

post after post you people cannot stop lying, of course:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

when Christendom talks about Godhead, they are talking about the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit of the Bible

but you false jw would be happy to call the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit of the Bible: "triune deities with 3 heads"
just as you love to call the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit of the Bible: "the 3 godheads", "the 3 dogheads" etc.

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by AntiChristian: 4:45am On Apr 12, 2022
Each Christian can have his own theory of who Jesus is in relation to God.

Jehovah witness will prove Jesus is angel Michael.

Most Christians will prove Jesus is one with God in a trinity.

Some believe Jesus to be lesser than God and not God.

All can be proven from the Bible they carry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44am On Apr 12, 2022
Janosky:
There is no word called "Godhead" in the Christian Greek Scriptures popularly known as New Testament.
Just check the Greek interlinear of Acts 17:29 Screenshot & receive SENSE grin

Greek Theios/Theoites is divine nature /divinity NOT Godheads of Trinity.

This confused people too dey love to DECEIVE themselves.

My brother, it's best to watch trinitarians argue their own theology among themselves!
If we tell them to remove TRINITY from their lenses but they chose to see God through that false retina it's better to leave them and watch how they continue contradicting themselves in the name of TRINITY! smiley

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 6:22am On Apr 12, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Wait a minute. Are you saying God is three distinct persons? If yes, then that would make God a schizophrenic God with a multiple-personality disorder. And by the way, do you really know why God came in the form of Jesus... ? undecided I'll tell you .

God as we know is an eternal being: He is ageless, powerful and immortal , and that means He can never die . So when man sinned and fell from perfection , he became guilty of God's justice.

At that time , man couldn't save himself(because he was guilty), and God knew that man will be doomed to die if atonement for his sin wasn't made. So in essence , man needed a Savior. So God took it upon Himself to rescue man by taking man's sins upon Himself . And how was He going to do this ?

If you recall, you'll remember that God is practically immortal, and for Him to pay the punishment for man's transgressions, He had to become a mortal so that He could die in man's place . This was the God's plan ...and when you read through the old Testament, you'll see tonnes of verses of God talking about His coming . He often spoke about this by sending visions to His rophets to prophesy about His arrival . Examples of these visions or prophecies can be found in the books of Isaiah , Joel ,Zechariah, Ezekiel etc. For better understanding, let's take an example from Isaiah 35:3-6 which says "

Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;
4 sayto those with fearful hearts
“Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you.”

5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
6 Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.

From the bolded , it is clear that God(aka Jesus ) is coming to His people to deliver them from common ailments that plague mankind . I could go on and on , but time would not permit me .

I have provided you enough evidence in the scriptures for the Trinity.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 7:14am On Apr 12, 2022
Janosky:

Matthew 19:4-6, Jesus Christ says the Creator is a "HE".
Genesis 1:27, Yahweh said the same thing.
Jesus Christ is in agreement with his Father but you are NOT?

Who are the "us" @ Isaiah 6:8?

Isaiah 48:16 NIV
Come near me and listen to this: “From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there.” And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, endowed with his Spirit"
Jesus also says the Holy spirit is a "he". In Isaiah 6 : 8 Hod was not alone, he was with the heavenly host unlike in Genesis where God was alone.

Yahweh sent Isaiah with holy spirit (power from on high/God's finger/hand), according to Jesus Christ.
Is power from on high a Person?

Also, you guys say your Triune deities are equal.
Why will God send his equal on an errand whereas Yahweh has NEVER gone to any errand for Jesus or holy spirit? grin
you can mock and make jest at the truth but it still remain truth.
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2022
Steep:
I have provided you enough evidence in the scriptures for the Trinity.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

And what I gave is authoritative evidences that says Jesus is God Almighty. The Father, Son and Holy Spirt are one person (John 10:30). And if you deny this you're simply denying what Jesus said about Himseelf. Simple undecided
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 11:04am On Apr 12, 2022
Ammishaddai:
And what I gave is authoritative evidences that says Jesus is God Almighty. The Father, Son and Holy Spirt are one person (John 10:30). [/b]And if you deny this you're simply denying what Jesus said about Himseelf. Simple undecided

[b]Did your own Bible put holy spirit @ John 10:30?
Did Jesus Christ mention holy spirit@ John 10:30?

Oga,do not add to the holy scriptures.
Continue DECEIVING yourself. grin cheesy
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2022
Ammishaddai:
And what I gave is authoritative evidences that says Jesus is God Almighty. The Father, Son and Holy Spirt are one person (John 10:30). And if you deny this you're simply denying what Jesus said about Himseelf. Simple undecided
undecided Jesus never said he is the father but he said this below.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

This is the Trinity. You can deny it as long as you want, it will not erase it from the bible.
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Steep:
Jesus also says the Holy spirit is a "he".
No, Jesus Christ references/personifies holy spirit as "Paraclete (Advocate)",a masculine noun in Greek.
Romans 8:16, says "holy spirit itself " (KJV).
Has God Almighty Himself ever been Reference as "itself" at anytime in your Bible?
NEVER!
Numbers 11:25
Yahweh then came down in the cloud and spoke to him. Taking some of the spirit that was on Moses, he bestowed it on the seventy elders; and as the spirit came to rest on them, they prophesied but did not continue"
In the same manner @ Isaiah 48:16, Yahweh bestow his spirit on Isaiah.
Oga,Numbers 11:25, is holy spirit a Him or It?
Jesus Christ knows that holy spirit/God's finger is not a person.

This fact is made abundantly clear in the holy scriptures from old testament to new testament.

Steep:

In Isaiah 6 : 8 Hod was not alone, he was with the heavenly host unlike in Genesis where God was alone.
1st Proof:
No, your own Bible /Yahweh @ Job 38:1-7, disagree with your claim on Genesis 1:26.
Job 38:1-7,The heavenly host of angels were present & saw the creation of man.
This is holy scriptures from the mouth of Yahweh.
You and I do not know more than Yahweh.

2nd Proof
Oga, in what chapter & verse, did Yahweh tell you "US" @ Genesis 1:26 is 3 persons?
Trinitarians MADE that claim not holy scriptures, NOT Yahweh.

3rd PROOF:
Isaiah 6:8 & Genesis 1:26, "US" references YAHWEH & the heavenly hosts.
Hebrews 1:2, God MADE the Universe THROUGH His son ONLY, NOT through the heavenly hosts.
JWs stick to Job 38:1-7, heavenly hosts saw Yahweh create man/Universe.

Let's add NOTHING to the holy scriptures.

Shalom

Steep:

you can mock and make jest at the truth but it still remain truth.

Oga, NOT mockery or jest.
Please examine the Scriptural evidences:
Isaiah 6:8, John 3:16,Acts 2:34,(Psalms 110:1), has Yahweh ever been sent on errands or OBEY anyone in the holy scriptures?

NEVER!

Yahweh alone is Supreme, the Most High without equal, Psalms 83:18, John 20:17, John 9:4.

Shalom
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
Steep:

undecided Jesus never said he is the father but he said this below.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

This is the Trinity. You can deny it as long as you want, it will not erase it from the bible.
No one is arguing with you that there isn't a trinity ,but what you fail to acknowledge is that the trinity is essentially one divine being whose name is Jesus Christ . I have shown you verse in the bible that say over and over who Jesus christ really is ,and all you've done so far is deny those verse and place your shallow interpretations that have no scriptural links . undecided
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2022
Janosky:

Did your own Bible put holy spirit @ John 10:30?
Did Jesus Christ mention holy spirit@ John 10:30?

Oga,do not add to the holy scriptures.
Continue DECEIVING yourself. grin cheesy
You and I don't serve the same God and you know this. Your Jesus is angel Michael while mine is God Almighty grin
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ammishaddai:
No one is arguing with you that there isn't a trinity ,but what you fail to acknowledge is that the trinity is essentially one divine being whose name is Jesus Christ . I have shown you verse in the bible that say over and over who Jesus christ really is ,and all you've done so far is deny those verse and place your shallow interpretations that have no scriptural links . undecided
you are confused. Who said the Trinity is not one being? You spend time debating what you don't even know, even when you were corrected you still tried to prove your ignorance.

John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Do you you know how to read and comprehend?
1.Jesus said he does not judge alone. Meaning there is more than one person.

2. Jesus said he and his father bear witness of himself fulfilling the law.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Jesus fulfilled this because the father and Jesus bear record.
You see how scripture agree and flow with each other.

1 Like

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You and I don't serve the same God and you know this. Your Jesus is angel Michael while mine is God Almighty grin
That's why i don't meddle with discussions like this where trinitarians are arguing over their own TRINITY because my own Jesus is the Archangel Michael not the Almighty God! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Janosky: 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ammishaddai:

John 10:30, did Jesus Christ put holy spirit in verse 30?
The guy shepaly dodge the question to avoid exposure of his FALSE claims

John 20:17
Jesus replied:
"I Am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Acts 3:13 & John 20;17, JEHOVAH's servants do not worship God's

Your Trinity mentors knew that Jesus Christ is archangel Michael in 1599 before the advent of King James version in 1611.
They copied King James Version from the Geneva Bible.
grin

Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
[s]
Steep:
you are confused. Who said the Trinity is not one being? You spend time debating what you don't even know, even when you were corrected you still tried to prove your ignorance.

John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Do you you know how to read and comprehend?
1.Jesus said he does not judge alone. Meaning there is more than one person.

2. Jesus said he and his father bear witness of himself fulfilling the law.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Jesus fulfilled this because the father and Jesus bear record.
You see how scripture agree and flow with each other.

[/s] You're being more stupid than necessary and secondly, an idiot like you can't correct me on what the bible and Jesus plainly says about God's identity.

Jesus in His time told His listeners that He had a Father, and when His disciples asked who this Father was He plainly told them that He was the one . (John14:6-10). Which was why Paul in His epistle in 1Timothy3:16 said " Great is the mystery of Godliness. For God was manifested in the flesh , justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached to the gentiles and received up in glory . ". Argue that with your bible grin
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Ammishaddai: 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2022
[s]
Janosky:

John 10:30, did Jesus Christ put holy spirit in verse 30?
The guy shepaly dodge the question to avoid exposure of his FALSE claims

John 20:17
Jesus replied:
"I Am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Acts 3:13 & John 20;17, JEHOVAH's servants do not worship God's

Your Trinity mentors knew that Jesus Christ is archangel Michael in 1599 before the advent of King James version in 1611.
They copied King James Version from the Geneva Bible.
grin
[/s] We both know that we dont serve the same God . Your God is the idol of Charles Russell Taze (who's Revelations were freemason in nature grin ). And secondly , how can my Jesus be angel Michael when the bible clearly says that Jesus is both the word of God and God Himself (John1:1-10) grin
Re: The Godhead Evidence Jesus Is Truly God. by Steep: 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2022
When people talk about the “Godhead,” they often use the term “Trinity” in reference to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The term “Trinity” is not in the Bible; however, that does not necessarily mean that the concept is unbiblical. Yet many believe that there is just one person of God and deny the concept of the “Trinity.”

In this article, we are going to look at what the Bible teaches about the Godhead – what it means and whether there are three persons of God or just one.

The Meaning of “Godhead”
The term “Godhead” is used three times in the Bible:

“Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device” (Acts 17:29, KJV).

“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse” (Romans 1:20, KJV).

“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9, KJV).

Other translations (NASB, NIV, ESV) use different terms in place of “Godhead” – divine nature/being (Acts 17:29), divine nature (Romans 1:20), and deity (Colossians 2:9). These are helpful in understanding the meaning of the term.

“Godhead” is about nature or possessing the characteristics of God. Another term that may be easier to understand would be “Godhood.” This would be similar to “manhood” or “brotherhood” – possessing the characteristics of “men” or “brethren.” Those in the “Godhead” are part of the “Godhood” – possessing the characteristics of God.

What are the characteristics of God? There are several given to us in the Scriptures:

Eternality – God has no beginning and no end. “Before the mountains were born or You gave birth to the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God” (Psalm 90:2).
Immutability – To be immutable means that God is unchanging. “For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed” (Malachi 3:6).
Omnipotence – This means that God is all-powerful. When God appeared to Abram, He said, “I am God Almighty; walk before Me, and be blameless” (Genesis 17:1). The word “Almighty” means most powerful.
Omniscience – This refers to the fact that God is all-knowing. David described this in detail: “O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it all” (Psalm 139:1-4). God knows everything about us, no matter where we are or what we do.
Omnipresence – David wrote, “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there” (Psalm 139:7-8 ). When we refer to God as being omnipresent (present everywhere), we use the term in an accommodative sense. God is in heaven (Ecclesiastes 5:2; Matthew 6:9) unless He comes down to earth (Genesis 11:5). But this is related to the previous point. His omniscience makes it as if He were present everywhere even though He resides in heaven.
Any entity that possesses the characteristics described above can accurately be recognized as part of the “Godhead” or “Godhood” since they share the characteristics of God.

There Is One God
Monotheism (the belief in one deity) was unique to God’s people in the Old Testament. Moses said, “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!” (Deuteronomy 6:4). The Lord said, “Remember the former things long past, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me” (Isaiah 46:9). The idea was clearly expressed that there was only one God. He commanded the people, “You shall have no other gods before Me” (Exodus 20:3). This would have been different from the surrounding nations who served many “gods” (cf. Joshua 24:14-15).

In the first century, the Gentile nations also served many “gods.” When Paul was in Athens “his spirit was being provoked within him as he was observing the city full of idols” (Acts 17:16). In writing to the brethren in Corinth, Paul said there were “so-called gods…many gods and many lords” (1 Corinthians 8:5).

However, the New Testament plainly teaches that there is one God. Paul described the idols as “so-called gods” because “there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one” (1 Corinthians 8:4-5). He added, “There is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him” (1 Corinthians 8:6). He told the Ephesians that there is “one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:6).

There Are Three Persons of God
While the Scriptures are clear that there is one God, they also describe three persons of God. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are each referred to as “God” in the New Testament.

The Father is God – “For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, ‘This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased’” (2 Peter 1:17).
The Son (Jesus) is God – “But of the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom” (Hebrews 1:8 ).
The Holy Spirit is God – “But Peter said, ‘Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of land? […] You have not lied to men but to God’” (Acts 5:3-4).
Though we do not find the term “Trinity” being used in the Bible, we can see from the passages above that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God. This means that as members of the Godhead, they share the characteristics of God that we noticed earlier.

There are several Old Testament passages that teach the concept of the “Trinity”:

In the Creation – “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters” (Genesis 1:1-2). This passage mentions God and the Spirit. In a parallel passage, John described the Word – Jesus (John 1:14) – also being present and instrumental in Creation (John 1:1-3).
In creating man – “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…’ God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:26-27). “Us” does not include angels as some have supposed. We know this because man was made “in the image of God” – not in the image of angels. Therefore, we can conclude from this passage that “God” includes more than one person.
After the fall of Adam and Eve – “The the Lord God said, ‘Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil…” (Genesis 3:22). Again, the plural pronoun “Us” is used for God.
In scattering the people at Babel – “The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. The Lord said, ‘Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.’ So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city” (Genesis 11:5-8 ). This is another instance in which “The Lord” is referenced using the plural pronoun “Us.”
Isaiah’s commission – “Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:8 ). This passage makes the same point as the previous one.
The prophecy of Christ’s reign – “The Lord says to my Lord: ‘Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet’” (Psalm 110:1). The Hebrew writer quoted this passage and emphasized the fact that the Lord was not referring to angels (Hebrews 1:13). Instead, this is about the Father and the Son (Hebrews 1:5).
Though the concept of the “Trinity” can be seen in the Old Testament, there were not many details given. However, the New Testament reveals this concept more completely, providing us with additional information about the three distinct persons of God.

At the baptism of Jesus – “After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased’” (Matthew 3:16-17). The voice from heaven was that of the Father. Distinct from Him was Jesus who was “being baptized” and the Holy Spirit who was “descending as a dove.”
In the Great Commission – “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). Jesus indicated that those who would be His disciples were to be baptized in the name of three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Sending “the Helper” to the apostles – “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me” (John 15:26). As Jesus gave this promise to His apostles, He clearly articulated the fact that the Father, the Spirit, and Himself were three distinct persons.
The closing of Paul’s second letter to Corinth – “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14). In closing his epistle, Paul highlighted certain blessings we have from God. In doing so, he emphasized each person of the Godhead.
Part of our “platform” for unity – “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:4-6). In describing all of the ones that form the basis for our unity as Christians, it is significant that Paul described all three persons of deity.
Their work in the scheme of redemption – “According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure” (1 Peter 1:2). Peter explained that all three persons of the Godhead each had their own role in our salvation.
Jude’s admonition – “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life” (Jude 20-21). Like Paul in his second letter to Corinth, Jude closed his letter by mentioning certain benefits we derive from each person of God.
The opening of the book of Revelation – “John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth” (Revelation 1:4-5). John described one who was eternal, the Spirit (described symbolically, since Revelation was filled with symbolic language, as “the seven Spirits”), and Jesus Christ. The one “who is and who was and who is to come” referred to God the Father. This is not to say that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were not eternal, but this trait was emphasized for the Father in this passage.
Some people claim that Jesus is the only person of God. Yet He plainly stated that He was distinct from the Father. In defending the claims He was making about Himself, Jesus said, “Even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true. I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me” (John 8:17-18). If Jesus and the Father were the same person, His argument would have been absurd. He told His disciples, “I am the vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1). Referring to the final day of judgment, Jesus said, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone” (Matthew 24:36). If the Father alone knows when that day will be and the Son does not know, then there cannot be only one person of God.

Jesus also made it clear that He was distinct from the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:32). The consequences for speaking against Jesus and the Holy Spirit were different, clearly indicating that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were two different persons.

Conclusion
The Scriptures teach that there is one God and three distinct persons of God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They have worked together in order to make our salvation possible (1 Peter 1:2). Therefore, it is important that we understand and appreciate the roles that each one fulfilled in making eternal life available to us

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahushuah Was The First To Be Created By Elohim. / The Sex Trap By Mike Murdock Pdf / The Bible 101 For Dummies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.