Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead (1856 Views)

⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2020
OVERVIEW OF THE TRINITY

William S. Plumer. (1802-1880)

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14).

THE word trinity is not found in the Bible, but the doctrine of the Trinity is there. The word trinity means the unity of three, that is, the unity of the three divine persons.

The word ‘person‘, when used on this subject, does not mean a separate individual, but a distinct subsistence. It denotes a distinction in the divine Being [that is] real, but inexplicable. The doctrine of the Trinity has had many enemies. The Arians contended that the Son of God was totally and essentially distinct from the Father, and so in nature and dignity inferior to the Father. They also taught that the Holy Ghost was not God, but was created by the power of Jesus Christ. The Sabellians denied that there was more than one person in the Godhead and said that the Son and the Spirit were mere virtues or functions of divinity. The Socinians taught that Christ was a mere man, and that the Holy Ghost was not a distinct subsistence. The Unitarians confine the glory and attributes of divinity to the Father. They do not allow Christ or the Holy Spirit to be truly divine. Still, the doctrine of the Trinity has been held and is now held by the great body of Christians.

The Persons of the Trinity are clearly distinguished in the Scriptures as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Mat 28:19). [They are distinguished] elsewhere as the Lord Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Ghost (2Co 13:14). The first Person of the Godhead is spoken of as one God, the Father, of Whom are all things. The second is spoken of as one Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom are all things, and we by Him (1Co 8:6). The third is spoken of as the Holy Ghost, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Comforter sent to convince men of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment (Joh 16:cool.

The Father is neither begotten, nor does He proceed from the Son or the Spirit. The Son is begotten of the Father, the only-begotten of the Father (Joh 1:14; 3:16). The Spirit is not begotten, but proceeds from the Father, is the Spirit of the Father, and is the Spirit of the Son; [He] is of the Son and is sent by the Son (Joh 15:26; Rom 8:9, 14; 1Pe 1:11). But the words Father and Son, beget and begotten, are not to be overstrained. They are merely the fittest words to convey to our dull minds some just idea of the relation existing between the first and second Persons of the Godhead.

No one denies the divinity of the Father. No one ought to deny the true and supreme divinity of the Son. Of Him, the Scripture says:“This is the true God and eternal life” (1Jo 5:20). He “is over all, God blessed for ever” (Rom 9:5). “For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself” (Joh 5:26). Thomas worshipped Him, calling Him, “My Lord and my God” (Joh 20:28). The world was made by the Son (Col 1:16). It shall be destroyed by the Son (Heb 1:12). All men shall be judged by the Son (Joh 5:22, 27). Stephen, dying, prayed to Him (Acts 7:59). The very highest worship of heaven is offered to Him (Rev 5:12-13). So also the Spirit of God is truly God. In Acts 5:3-4, the Holy Ghost is expressly called God. The Spirit perfectly knows God, and so is God (1Co 2:10- 11). He is joined with the Father and the Son in the form of baptism (Mat 28:19) and in the apostolic benediction (2Co 13:14).

This doctrine is never to be so taught as to lead men to suppose that there are three Gods. We do not deny the unity of God. We glory in it. Nor do we hold that God is three in the same sense in which He is one, for that would be a con- tradiction. But He is one in being, in nature, in essence; and three in personality or subsistence. So that when we speak of the Father, we say He, His, Him; and when the Father speaks of Himself, He says I, Mine, Me; and when we speak to Him, we say Thou, Thine, Thee. The same form of speech is also found in regard to the Son and the Spirit. When John baptized our Lord, all three persons of the Trinity were present “And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Mat 3:16-17). So we find all three persons of the Godhead spoken of in John 14:26: “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

As all three persons of the Godhead concurred in man’s creation, so do they all concur in man’s redemption. The Father gave the only begotten Son (Joh 3:16). The Son laid down His life for His sheep (Joh 10:17-18). The Spirit reproves the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment, and guides God’s people into all truth (Joh 16:8, 13). There is a wonderful and unspeakable communion of nature, attributes, and glory in the persons of the Godhead. Christ says of the Spirit: “He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you” (Joh 16:14-15). It is the will of God that “all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him” (Joh 5:23).

Now, if men refuse to honor the Son and worship only the Father, or if they honor the Son not as the Son of God but merely as a creature, they do displease Him Who sent His Son into the world. We must worship the Trinity in unity and unity in Trinity. The doctrine here maintained relates therefore to the object of religious worship. The orthodox hold that we are to worship the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. All others worship God not as He is revealed in the Bible, but according to their own ideas. “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” (Joh 17:3). It is a remarkable fact that men who hold the supreme divinity of Christ never deny the divinity of the Spirit.

We have hints of this doctrine of the Trinity in the oldest writings of Scripture. In the first verse of Genesis, the word rendered God is in the plural form. So in Job 35:10, the word Maker in the Hebrew is plural. So in Ecclesiastes 12:1, the word Creator is in the plural. So in Isaiah 54:5, the words Maker and Husband are both in the plural. So in Malachi 1:6, the word Master is in the plural. Not only are nouns but pronouns found in the plural. In Genesis 1:26, we read, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (See Gen 3:22). Many things like these are found in the Old Testament. Whatever arguments prove the divinity and personality of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, prove the doctrine of the Trinity. For if each of these is a person, and each of Them is divine, there is no more doubt of the Trinity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by zara23: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2020
awesome

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2020
zara23:
awesome

It’s a beautiful piece.

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2020
zara23:
awesome

It’s a beautiful piece. I like it’s simplicity as well.

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by EclecticGee: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
The write-up is nice. I think that it is easy for matured Christians to understand this write-up but it didn't still simplify the doctrine of the Trinity to Christians that are young in the faith. I am privy to an earlier write-up by the author that simplifies this topic more than this. He can refine that and share it here for all to see.

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Halleluyah, the trinity is totally biblical but unfortunately many are holding the heresy of Unitarians.

If you believe Jesus is the same person as the father and the holy spirit, that is not trinity but a Unitarian heresy.

Unfortunately, Unitarians make a caricature of the bible indirectly.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Acehart:

@1
The word ‘person‘, when used on this subject, does not mean a separate individual, but a distinct subsistence. It denotes a distinction in the divine Being [that is] real, but inexplicable

@2
. No one ought to deny the true and supreme divinity of the Son. Of Him, the Scripture says:“This is the true God and eternal life” (1Jo 5:20).
Culled from: https://chapellibrary.org:8443/pdf/books/tgodfg.pdf

@1,
John 17:3, John 20:17, Rev3:12,21 Jesus Christ says your claim is FALSE and dubious.

John 17:3
And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent—Jesus the Messiah.

Bros, John 17:3, Jesus Christ have spoken that your 1John5:20 is a Dubious, fraudulent twisting of the holy scriptures.

Una WAYO is legendary grin grin
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
solite3:
Halleluyah, the trinity is totally biblical but unfortunately many are holding the heresy of Unitarians.
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons.
If you believe Jesus is the same person as the father and the holy spirit, that is not trinity but a Unitarian heresy.

Unfortunately, Unitarians make a caricature of the bible indirectly.

WAYO man, your so called "Unitarian heresy" is the Aceheart version of the Trinity Fraud.
It is not unitarian at all.
Aceheart Trinity is Solite3 "Unitarian heresy"

The word ‘person‘, when used on this subject, does not mean a separate individual, but a distinct subsistence. It denotes a distinction in the divine Being [that is] real, but inexplicable"

Acehart:

The word ‘person‘, when used on this subject, does not mean a separate individual, but a distinct subsistence. It denotes a distinction in the divine Being [that is] real, but inexplicable
Culled from: https://chapellibrary.org:8443/pdf/books/tgodfg.pdf

The same "ghost" causing confusion to Aceheart and Solite3..
No biblical support for "Unitarian heresy" or Trinity scam. Everything about it is made up and Dubious.
grin grin
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by jamesid29(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Great writeup boss... it's simplicity in explaining such a complex topic is really outstanding.
I'm not sure about those particular OT passages at the end of the writeup though but all in all its a great writeup.
Thanks for sharing.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
Janosky:

@1,
John 17:3, John 20:17, Rev3:12,21 Jesus Christ says your claim is FALSE and dubious.

John 17:3
And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent—Jesus the Messiah.

Bros, John 17:3, Jesus Christ have spoken that your 1John5:20 is a Dubious, fraudulent twisting of the holy scriptures.

Una WAYO is legendary grin grin

John 17:1-2: Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He (Christ Jesus) may give eternal life.”

Greetings to you in Christ’s name. I have inserted (Christ Jesus) in the verses that preceded verse 3 for clarity sake. It’s quite easy to see from these verses that Christ Jesus has the following attributes:

1. He has the power to glorify the Father in proportion to that which the Father glorifies Him.
2. He has the power to give eternal life.

From the first point, The Son is a reflection of the Father; and the Father is the reflection of the Son. John 6:27 and 14:9 affirms this notion.

From point two, The Son gives (grants) eternal life. Here, Christ Jesus asserts that He has the power of eternal life in His possession; if this is anything to go by, then Him granting the entry to Paradise to the criminal on the cross is not out of place. Apostle John in 1 John 1:2 calls Jesus “eternal life”. He agrees with Isaiah who spoke of Christ Jesus’ name as “Eternal Father”.

But we know that The Son is not The Father; neither is the Father the Son; Isaiah premonition seems to say that “The Eternal Son is the reflection of The Eternal Father”.

You seem to disapprove of the word “subsistence” when related to the personalities in the God(head): our minds are limited when trying to describe God in terms of human language: how does one refer to a person whose matter is ‘eternal’ as ‘person’? For many many years, people were taught that there are three states of matter - Solid, liquid and gas. Quite recently, a fourth state of matter has been discovered - plasma. Who knows what state of matter will be discovered in the next 500 years? We know that at different conditions, matter can metamorphose. Christ described in terms of matter is logical and seeing that the word “persons” can only be applied to ‘things’ that exist in solid form; describing Him or any member of God as “solid”, persons, is inappropriate.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”

What is the meaning of the word “God“? When Jesus used the word “grant” in regard to “eternal life”, He used an act associated with government or Organizations. In its original translation, Jesus used the word “endow” or “endowment”. Hence, Jesus gave the meaning of God as “government” or “Organisation”.

1 John 2:24: As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.

It is a rule when reading the scriptures that when names are listed, the first name on the list is the character or object of concern; we know that the Father can never be relegated since Christ makes us view Himself as the primer in regards to righteousness, and the Father as the topcoat. We may never know why John places Christ Jesus before the Father in this verse.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

You refuted the claim that Christ Jesus isn’t God; but I have placed the verse before all that John is saying that Christ is indeed the True God. If you don’t understand the verse, please do a revision of the functions of punctuation marks- It will help greatly in your understanding of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
jamesid29:
Great writeup boss... it's simplicity in explaining such a complex topic is really outstanding.
I'm not sure about those particular OT passages at the end of the writeup though but all in all its a great writeup.
Thanks for sharing.

Continue deceiving yourselves grin

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Janosky:

WAYO man, your so called "Unitarian heresy" is the Aceheart version of the Trinity Fraud.
It is not unitarian at all.
Aceheart Trinity is Solite3 "Unitarian heresy"

The word ‘person‘, when used on this subject, does not mean a separate individual, but a distinct subsistence. It denotes a distinction in the divine Being [that is] real, but inexplicable"

The same "ghost" causing confusion to Aceheart and Solite3..
No biblical support for "Unitarian heresy" or Trinity scam. Everything about it is made up and Dubious.
grin grin

You seem bitter. The most pressing question on the Lord’s day will be: “are you saved?” Janoksy, are you saved? No man will be asked about his belief in the trinity or Unitarian nature of God! What are you bitter about?

Your belief and that of the gnostic and Islamist have an ‘amazing’ consanguinity; yet, no one makes it his calling and destiny to harangue the JW to the very ends of the earth.

I have not said so much about The Spirit yet you spite me; maybe it isn’t me you spite but Mr Solite. If so, then take your fight somewhere else.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Acehart:

John 17:1-2: Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He (Christ Jesus) may give eternal life.”

Greetings to you in Christ’s name. I have inserted (Christ Jesus) in the verses that preceded verse 3 for clarity sake. It’s quite easy to see from these verses that Christ Jesus has the following attributes:

1. He has the power to glorify the Father in proportion to that which the Father glorifies Him.
2. He has the power to give eternal life - His possession.

From the first point, The Son is a reflection of the Father; and the Father is the reflection of the Son. John 6:27 and 14:9 affirms this notion.

From point two, The Son gives (grants) eternal life. Here, Christ Jesus asserts that He has the power of eternal life in His possession
; if this is anything to go by, then His granting the entry to Paradise to the criminal on the cross is not out of place. Apostle John in 1 John 1:2 calls Jesus “eternal life”. He agrees with Isaiah who spoke of Christ Jesus name as “Eternal Father”.

But we know that The Son is not The Father; neither is the Father the Son; Isaiah premonition seems to say that “The Eternal Son is the reflection of The Eternal Father”.

(4)
You seem to disapprove of the word “subsistence” when related to the union of personalities in the God(head): our minds are limited when trying to describe God in terms of human language: how does one refer to a person whose matter is ‘eternal’ a person. For many many years, people were taught that there are three states of matter - Solid, liquid and gas. Quite recently, a fourth state of matter has been discovered - plasma. Who knows what state of matter will be discovered in the next 500 years. We know that at different conditions, matter can metamorphose. Christ described in terms of matter is logical and seeing that the word “persons” can only be applied to ‘things’ that exist in solid form, describing Him or any member of God as “solid”, persons, is inappropriate.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”

What is the meaning of the word “God“? When Jesus used the word “grant” in regard to “eternal life”, He used an act associated with government or Organizations. In its original translation, Jesus used the word “endow” or “endowment”. Hence, Jesus gave the meaning of God as “government” or “Organisation”.

1 John 2:24: As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.

It is a rule when reading the scriptures that when names are listed, the first name on the list is the character or object of concern; we know that the Father can never be relegated since Christ makes us view Himself as the primer in regards to righteousness, and the Father as the topcoat; we may never know why John places Christ Jesus before the Father in this verse.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

You refuted the claim that Christ Jesus isn’t God; but I have placed the verse before all that John is saying that Christ is indeed the True God. If you don’t understand the verse, please do a revision of the function of punctuation marks- It will help greatly in your understanding of the scriptures.

grin grin grin grin

I will respond to your claims beginning with 1 and 2.
1. "He has the power to glorify the Father in the proportion to that which the Father glorifies him"
Your False claim,Bros.
If your claim were true, John 17:1-2 supplication of Jesus to his Father would never be in the holy Bible.

*John 5:26
"For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has given the Son life to have in himself."

John 5:26,Jesus christ says otherwise. Himself was given life, given Existence by his Father.
Pls take note "Your son" , John 17:1-2.
Rev3:5, even in the spirit realm, Jesus is his Father's son.
John 6:27 have ZERO connection to your claim.

** " the Father reflects the son" WAYO grin.
"John 14:20, John17:21,23 " Jesus is in you. His Father is in you. Does Jesus reflects you?
Does his Father reflects you?

John 14:31"I do as the Father has commanded me" (compare John 7:16), so who reflects whom?
Bros, can you show us in your Bible where Jesus gave a command to his Father?
Jesus reflects his Father who gives him command

According to Aceheart:"But we know that The Son is not The Father; neither is the Father the Son". grin

According to Aceheart:The word ‘person‘, when used on this subject, does not mean a separate individual,

Bros, Aceheart you are not even honest to yourself grin grin grin.

(4)
Your quote of John 20:17
" Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God."

John 20:17, Christ says all your long epistle null and void

Trinity gibberish na man made Scam

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Dtruthspeaker: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
Acehart:

You seem bitter. The most pressing question on the Lord’s day will be: “are you saved?” Janoksy, are you saved? No man will be asked about his belief in the trinity or Unitarian nature of God! What are you bitter about?

Your belief and that of the gnostic and Islamist have an ‘amazing’ consanguinity; yet, no one makes it his calling and destiny to harangue the JW to the very ends of the earth.

I have not said so much about The Spirit yet you spite me; maybe it isn’t me you spite but Mr Solite. If so, then take your fight somewhere else.

Very very bitter jw, full of suffering, sorrow and pain!

Using his fake book that they call Bible to advance their own self inflicted deceit and wishful hopes and thinkings

Now, here comes his legendary lashing out!
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Using his fake book that they call Bible to advance their own self inflicted deceit and wishful hopes and thinkings

It is very unfortunate. May the Lord cause him to be enlightened with the truth.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Acehart:

It is very unfortunate. May the Lord cause him to be enlightened with the truth.

Amen.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by MuttleyLaff: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
My dear Sir, with the utmost respect, you are just obfuscating a very simple, penny plain explanation, but its all good, its alright, as I have a few easy, direct, simple, innocent, harmless, straightforward questions to ask you

Watch this Dtruth\speaker,for the sake of this discussion, imagine you had supernatural abilities, that makes it possible for you to project yourself, outwards from your body into a different place and time. You are still the same with the projection, lets call it "son" and call you the "father".

1/ Whose bidding, respectfully, do you think "son" will be doing?
2/ Is "son" not you, the "father"?
3/ Is "son" not distinct from you, the "father"?
4/ Is "son" and you the "father" not the same person known as Dtruth\speaker?
5/ Does "son" not see you the "father" Dtruth\speaker, do good things?
6/ Does "son" not have the same power as you, the "father" Dtruth\speaker?
7/ Did "son" not come from you, the "father" Dtruth\speaker?
8/ Is "son" not equal to the "father" Dtruth\speaker, yet not clinging to that status, so to fulfil all righteousness in that way, hmm?
9/ Would "son," being you the "father" Dtruth\speaker, have the ability and power to see into humans' heart, know their thoughts, tell what they're thinking, or what they desire, just like you the "father" Dtruth\speaker have that ability to do, hmm? In other words, similar from 1 Samuel 9:19 and 1 Samuel 10:19&26.
10/ Who really, in this scenario, is the "son"?

I look forward to you addressing the questions directly and/or head-on
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin grin
Fallacies of Ad hominem.
WAYO man in sifia pains.
2 Corinthians 11:31
"The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is forever worthy of praise, knows that I am not lying."

Acehart:

Bros, where is your bitterness coming from?
Fallacies of ad hominem from both Desperadoes.

The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is forever worthy of praise, knows that I am not lying.

grin grin grin grin grin

Bros ,John 20:31 & John 3:16 dey una Bible?
I challenge you to quote it here

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
Janosky:

grin grin grin grin
Fallacies of Ad hominem.
WAYO man in sifia pains.
"The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is forever worthy of praise, knows that I am not lying."

grin grin grin grin grin

Bros ,John 20:31 & John 3:16 dey una Bible?
I challenge you to quote it here grin grin grin grin

You don’t have to challenge me. Be a gentleman.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
Acehart:

You don’t have to challenge me. Be a gentleman.
See wetin dey pain una upanda

John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name

John 11:27
"Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God.”

The son of God came into the world, but WAYO men keeps DECEIVING gullible sheeples

(Compare John 17:3).
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
Janosky:

See wetin dey pain una upanda

John 20:31
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name

John 11:27
"Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God.”

The son of God came into the world, but WAYO men keeps DECEIVING gullible sheeples

(Compare John 17:3).
grin grin grin grin

What is the meaning of “God”?
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=93574162][/quote]

Cc:

Dtruthspeaker

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Acehart:

What is the meaning of “God”?

It is there in John20:17, John 17:3, John 11:27 and Rev3:5,12,21.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Janosky:

It is there in John20:17, John 17:3, John 11:27 and Rev3:5,12,21.

grin grin grin grin

Please tell me according to your own words, from your understanding.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
Acehart:

Please tell me according to your own words, from your understanding.

John20:17, John 17:3, John 11:27 and Rev3:5,12,21.
The holy scriptures gives me what you desire to know
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Acehart: 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
Janosky:

John20:17, John 17:3, John 11:27 and Rev3:5,12,21.
The holy scriptures gives me what you desire to know

Please, tell me in your own words, the way you would tell if you knocked on my door to preach about Paradise.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by Janosky: 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
Acehart:

Please, tell me in your own words, the way you would tell if you knocked on my door to preach about Paradise.
You already believe the FALSE claim that my Bible is fake.
We would use your copy of the holy Bible and study
John20:17, John 17:3, John 11:27 and Rev3:5,12,21 free of charge no tithe no sowing of seed with your hard earned income
grin grin.
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by MuttleyLaff: 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
My dear Sir, with the utmost respect, you are just obfuscating a very simple, penny plain explanation, but its all good, its alright, as I have a few easy, direct, simple, innocent, harmless, straightforward questions to ask you

Watch this Dtruth\speaker,for the sake of this discussion, imagine you had supernatural abilities, that makes it possible for you to project yourself, outwards from your body into a different place and time. You are still the same with the projection, lets call it "son" and call you the "father".

1/ Whose bidding, respectfully, do you think "son" will be doing?
2/ Is "son" not you, the "father"?
3/ Is "son" not distinct from you, the "father"?
4/ Is "son" and you the "father" not the same person known as Dtruth\speaker?
5/ Does "son" not see you the "father" Dtruth\speaker, do good things?
6/ Does "son" not have the same power as you, the "father" Dtruth\speaker?
7/ Did "son" not come from you, the "father" Dtruth\speaker?
8/ Is "son" not equal to the "father" Dtruth\speaker, yet not clinging to that status, so to fulfil all righteousness in that way, hmm?
9/ Would "son," being you the "father" Dtruth\speaker, have the ability and power to see into humans' heart, know their thoughts, tell what they're thinking, or what they desire, just like you the "father" Dtruth\speaker have that ability to do, hmm? In other words, similar from 1 Samuel 9:19 and 1 Samuel 10:19&26.
10/ Who really, in this scenario, is the "son"?

I look forward to you addressing the questions directly and/or head-on

Acehart:
Cc:Dtruthspeaker

Dtruthspeaker:
Humbly, I once thought projection too but the flaw of the Projection Theory is that a Projection reapeats in sync what the Projector projects.

Hence based on Projection my answers must be restricted to me, the father and projector, hence questions

1)= is My Bidding not his;
2) = I am the father and a projection is not a son but a replica as a mirror image or a shadow;
3) = in Projection, No for a projection is not a separate person as a son but a shadow or mirror reflection of the projector;
4) = No, for I am a person but my image is unreal and intangible;
5)= in Projection, No, for he does not see, for he is not a living or real thing;
6) in Projection, No, for Power can only be given to a living thing or real thing;
7) I am the one projecting so the projection comes from the projector:
8 ) in Projection, the Projector is Real but the projection is not, therefore, they are not the same neither are they equal;
9) in Projection, the Projector is the one doing the work not the projection; so no reward for the projection
10) The Projector is the only real object.
Thank you for being a sport in answering all the 10 questions. You started very well, but you went on a downward trajectory from making dishonest replies from question #2 right up to question #10, considering the fact you know the projection was a "son" of you the "father" Dtruthspeaker, you dishonestly won't acknowledge the "son" projected, as being, real, living, have a body, had demonstrable power of healing, feeding, weeping, sleeping et cetera. You deceived yourself thinking you are deceiving me. You were being foolhardy, thinking you were being smartypants. You were being dumb, thinking you were being clever. Smh

MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

In John 8:42 above, "exerchomai" is the Greek original word, translated as "proceeded forth". By definition, it means, to go or come out of, with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which one departs. So, John 8:42 above, makes no mistake, where from, Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ proceeded forth and came out from.

Dtruthspeaker:
Which is why I am saying that, that reasoning does not apply in the case of Our Lord.
"“Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD ..."
- Isaiah 1:18a

It is not only in Isaiah 1:18a above, that God invites to reason with Him. Another case in point, of reasoning with God, is explained in Hebrews 11:19 about one of the many reasoning Abraham had with God and also had about God

Reasoning plays a lot in fully getting to knowing God and correctly understanding everything about Him. As I've previously posted, the brain, isn't an ornament, given to just decorate the body with, but, we are blessed with this powerfully built processing functional gift for a purpose, for a reason, for such a time as this and especially for such a discussion as this.

Dtruthspeaker:
And in fact I just saw John 17, Christ is Rendering Account, Giving Report and Making Petitions to Someone else. No projection can do that and one is thought a lunatic if a person speaks to Himself, which is not case here at all;
[img]https://s8/images/FacePalmSmh.gif[/img]
Smh at above avalanche of confused dot com. Your theology is suspect. Do you really expect the "Father" to render account to the "Son" ni, hmm?

In your narrow-minded, short changing, limited view of God, you say, it is a hard and impossible action for God to carry out projecting Himself out as a living, real, powerful, incarnated being of Himself.

I concur without demur that with human beings, it is an impossible thing for any to do, but I unreservedly put it to you that, with God all things are possible (i.e. Matthew 19:26)

You can take this from me, that, everything if it isn't bible based, if its not scripture, if it can't be bible fact check, I wouldn't bother share

With me you are among friends, among the brethren, you are in safe company because I am not proselytising, I am not pitching a product, I am not teaching, I am not after anyone's money. I am not compounding or adding any more evil into all you already have. I dont have any hidden agenda or ulterior motive et cetera
Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by sonmvayina(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
How can God be the creator and still be part of creation..does not make any sense..it is just like saying steve jobs and the iphone battery and iphone charger are 1...what is the wisdom in it?

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by MuttleyLaff: 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
sonmvayina:
[s]How can God be the creator and still be part of creation..does not make any sense..it is just like saying steve jobs and the iphone battery and iphone charger are 1...what is the wisdom in it?[/s]
Bible 101, never use the same human yardstick to compare and judge God with. Mtcheew. KMT angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead by sonmvayina(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Bible 101, never use the same human yardstick to compare and judge God with. Mtcheew. KMT angry angry angry

Just think about it for a moment..use your brain..it is not decoration..God created heaven and esrth..agreed..so how can he also be part of earth? Is he not supposed to be outside of it..just like steve jobs and the iphone he created..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saints Community Church / Who Is God To You? / My Rapture "warning" Dream Early This Morning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.