Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

What If Another Jesus Comes Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Another Jesus Comes Today? (1777 Views)

What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In? / Is There Going To Be a Great Revival Before Jesus Comes ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Keziah(f): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2007
What if another Jesus comes today? I keep asking myself,

In Matthew 24:4-6 , Jesus said "Watch out that no one deceives you. vs 5 "For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many."

What if someone comes and claim to be Jesus and that the other one (JESUS) that came some years ago was a scam. He then performs miracles and wonders, will u believe him or not?

WHAT WILL U DO?
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by oisrael(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2007
Ofcourse He'll Be the Anti-Christ and I won't believe in him
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Aproko(f): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2007
your question is very funny. you have given a perceived answer from the bible i.e, any other jesus is a false prophet, so why are you still asking?
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by otuwe(f): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2007
[size=18pt]i wonder oh[/size]
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Kuns: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2007
In spite of what the Christians preach, if the Messiah Jesus was to return today, in the image that he is portrayed, he would not be accepted by the masses of the people.

. . . They have depicted him as a Caucasian revolutionary middle-aged man dressed in hippie clothes, talking about love and peace for everyone.

People would consider him as being crazy (as they said about the hippies of the 60’s) or try to kill him because he would be a threat to the devil’s economic success.

1 Like

Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2007
If Jesus comes you will know because there will be no more miracles, all thing will be given to all believers.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:45am On Aug 08, 2007
@Topic

He will discover that he will have to die like 5000 times in vain if the world does not come to an end first!
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Keziah(f): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2007
Hey all! thanks for your answers and opinions. But the question still remains what will u do? What will be ur reaction?

Posted by: Aproko
Insert Quote
your question is very funny. you have given a perceived answer from the bible i.e, any other jesus is a false prophet, so why are you still asking?
  Ur I.D. suggest ur answer. I would have prefered if u read the post properly before u make ur snide remark. I said what if another Jesus came and did something more spectacular than the first? After all, u weren't there when the 1st one came undecided but u are here to witness this. What if he told u that this was his appointed time and that the other played a fast one on him just like Satan the Devil did in the Garden of Eden. Will u beleive him or stick to the truth u know? Simple as that.

Honestly i have been thinking about this for long and i will really appreciate everyone's opinion.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Pain(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2007
Guess he'd Need Another Twelve. The Anti Christ Would Sure Have Disciples. I Wonder Who'd Be his Judas.

I Would Suggest *** undecided
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 12:49am On Aug 10, 2007
Okay I will ask him to be my partner and marry me
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by jagunlabi(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2007
Can anyone here recognize jesus when they meet him?Person wey no even get picture?
Spme folks are going to be easily decieved.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Kuns: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2007
It's crazy waiting for someone to come from the clouds to save us, it's even super-crazy waiting for a pale albino (so-called white man) to come out of the sky to save us.

At the end of the day 2007 years later and this Jesus as not come yet, while religious priest are still raping children
and africa is still at the bottom of the pile when it come to world affairs, so I will not waste my time trying to sugar-coat the lies (myths and tales) of these religion.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2007
Africa is not at the bottom of world affairs, the westerners only refused to accept defeat, check most professionally educated who is who list an african person is among the best listed.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by TCUBE(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2007
did u see the guy that claim he was jesus on glenn beck's show?
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2007
Kuns:

At the end of the day 2007 later and this Jesus as not come yet, while religious priest are still raping children
and africa is still at the bottom of the pile when it come to world affairs, so I will not waste my time trying to sugar-coat the lies (myths and tales) of these religion.

You're actually sugar-coating the lies you've been repeating endlessly. Black African men without a religion are the ones raping women and children. The same black African men without religion are the ones plundering their own countries and breeding the state of affairs that leave Africa "at the bottom of the pile". You just see every opportunity to display just about any confusion raging in your heart; but you often fail to realize that your own people are the ones doing more damage to themselves without outside help.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2007
It's not a question of "What IF" - because as already quoted from Matt. 24:4-5, it is expressly stated that MANY will do precisely that! And indeed, many have come in various guises parading themselves to be 'the Christ'.

Only recently did another mental case go public with his proclamation by the name of José Luis de Jesús Miranda, who runs Creciendo en Gracia (Growing In Grace International) based in Miami, Florida USA. This guy may come across as a funny chap to many, but not to many others who see him as the real deal. Among his claims are that: he is God on Earth; that he is Jesus Christ; and that he is also apostle Paul. As if that was not enough, he proclaimed himself the antichrist, and his followers demonstrated their enthusiasm by putting on 666 tattoos on the bodies.

There are many others who have come, declaring themselves to be 'Jesus Christ'. But let's all be careful and discerning enough to see things without admixtures. The Bible warns that:

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. . . For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Cor. 11:3, 4 & 13-15).
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Keziah(f): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2007
pilgrim.1:

It's not a question of "What IF" - because as already quoted from Matt. 24:4-5, it is expressly stated that MANY will do precisely that! And indeed, many have come in various guises parading themselves to be 'the Christ'.

Only recently did another mental case go public with his proclamation by the name of José Luis de Jesús Miranda, who runs Creciendo en Gracia (Growing In Grace International) based in Miami, Florida USA. This guy may come across as a funny chap to many, but not to many others who see him as the real deal. Among his claims are that: he is God on Earth; that he is Jesus Christ; and that he is also apostle Paul. As if that was not enough, he proclaimed himself the antichrist, and his followers demonstrated their enthusiasm by putting on 666 tattoos on the bodies.

There are many others who have come, declaring themselves to be 'Jesus Christ'. But let's all be careful and discerning enough to see things without admixtures. The Bible warns that:

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. . . For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Cor. 11:3, 4 & 13-15).
This is really unbelieveable! This is the first time i am hearing of this. Some people might find this post riddiclus of funny. but it came to my mind when i thought of the likes of Rev. King (late) that came destroyed and misled alot of people. Even with all the attrocities he committed all in the name of religion/christianity alot of people blindly followed him. I then wondered if a man that committed alot of evils and unjust towards his fellowman was greatly reverend, how much more of one that will come and do alot of miracles and wonder claiming to be Jesus himself? Well, the bible says we should know the truth and the truth shall set us free. We should then hold on fast to the truth we know today to guard us against the lies of tomorrow.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by tnaidaR(f): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2007
The book of Revelation says it all. Go read your bible and stop thinking about no freakin 2nd jesus 'cause there won't be any!
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by Kuns: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2007
@lovemajek,

who is who list an african person is among the best listed.

Well, those africans on this list do not control world affairs. There are many intelligent and high achieving africans, however they do not control world affairs.

Africans are always waying for some pale albino (so-called white man) to solve their problem. Many are still waiting for a Jesus Character to come from the clouds to save them and take them to paradise, where ever that may be.

@pilgrim1,

I said it before and I will say it again, it has been 2007 years later and your Jesus has not come yet. It's crazy for africans including yourself waiting for a some one to come and save you from the clouds, and it is even super craazy waiting for a pale-albino (so -called white man) to come from the clouds too save you.

All these black african (pastors, bishop etc,etc) raping other africans were trained by your pale-albino (so -called white man).

It is no surprise all african countries have an economic crises, can you guest who trained most of these african leaders?

The cracker who is the pale-albino (so -called white man), yes, he trained most leaders in africa to be corrupt. Making sure africans will always be in a state of perpetually dependancy.

And you keeping running from my questions

Who are the sons of God mentioned in Genesis 6: 2 if Jesus is the only begotton son of God.

Now let's see who is sugar-coating the truth?
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2007
You are right africans were not at the top ,but they contribute to all world affairs, so they are not at the bottom.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by TCUBE(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2007
if Jesus comes today, thats a tought one for me to answer, may the lord have mercy on us all cos we have fallen short,
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 8:49am On Aug 12, 2007
Mr Kuns,

I've deliberately left you off with your illiterate posts. If you can't measure up and choose rather to remain as uneducated as your brigand, you'd better save your skin and stay off my path jeje. If you want to discuss racism, offer a thread just for that and let's see how far you can breathe.

Kuns:

And you keeping running from my questions

Why is it taking you FOREVER to answer the one I offered you? If you couldn't read and understand, what's the point wasting scholarship on people as illiterate as your clan?
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2007
pls, no fighting here o
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2007
I'm not fighting with anyone. But if people are going to address others, they should be more accommodating instead of first trying to display what they won't be happy to receive.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2007
but they were allowed to share their opinions.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2007
Sharing opinions does not mean that one has to go overboard and cast aspersions on others. If I did that, was I not entitled to share my opinions? We should all seek to promote a responsible attitude towards the persuasions of others; and I personally resent racist expressions towards ANYONE, even when not directed at me. Afterall, I'm entitled to my own opinion, abi?
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by lovemajek(f): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2007
Yes, but remember this is web discussion where people says what they want to say, and you dont have to argue with a fool because people will not know the real fool.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by BlkRaven(f): 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2007
pilgrim.1

Black African men without a religion are the ones raping women and children.
I beg to differ. Examples of what african men of the cloth have done:
[list]
[li]Renegade Pastor Rapes 13 Yr-Old Girl http://allafrica.com/stories/200706290713.html[/li]
[li]64 year old church pastor found guilty of raping 8 year old girl http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6272043.stm[/li]
[/list]

The same black African men without religion are the ones plundering their own countries and breeding the state of affairs that leave Africa "at the bottom of the pile".
I disagree.
[list]
[li]Frederick Chiluba served as Zambia's president for 11 years. He wished to see the bible in the hand of every Zambian because, according to him, "The word of God is alive and has the power to shape families and the whole society. People seek the truth, so they must be enabled to experience the liberating power of the gospel." The word of God didn't stop him from stealing from his people. He was found guilty of embezzlement.[/li]
[li]And there's Jolly Nyame, a reverend; Femi Fani-Kayode, a deacon; Obasanjo, a born again, the list goes on. . .
[/li]
[/list]

but you often fail to realize that your own people are the ones doing more damage to themselves without outside help.
Human beings, both religious and non-religious, have committed crimes but keep blaming the ills of the world on non-religious people if it makes you feel better.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2007
BlkRaven:

Human beings, both religious and non-religious, have committed crimes but keep blaming the ills of the world on non-religious people if it makes you feel better.

I'm quite aware that men in cloak have committed such crimes, and my posts should not make you feel that I tried to excuse that at all. I'm aware of what the Catholics priests have done - and more than that I'm also aware that Muslim clerics have done and are still doing worse. If it made you feel better to have referenced those links for your persuasions, I could give you 20 more on either side in a matter of seconds . . . so I am fully aware about what you might be begging to disagree on.

However, if every beggarly crime perpetrated by men in NON-religious gab escapes the attention of RACIST apprentices who must blame their failures on others and castigate others with racist slurs, I have simply done two things:

(a) reminded such racist apprentices that their REAL problems are NON-religious, but RACIST

(b) that they should simply OPEN a thread and invite willing minds to discuss such problems.

Trying to denigrade others and pretend their illitrate vexations on the convictions of others just to soft-sell black racism is no way to wipe the poo off the backsides of these chaps. It is just as well to use the same gimmicks and blame ALL black men for their savagery simply because a few cases of such barbarity can be referenced from the net. Please, I don't waste time trying to humour such people with cheap applause.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by BlkRaven(f): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2007
Pilgrim.1

I don't agree with Kun's use of the word 'cracker' and any generalisations he made but then you went on to make the sweeping statements about non-religious people hence my comment.

Re: the URLs, I added the links to support my statement. There was no need for you to respond with guns blazing.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by pilgrim1(f): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
Lol. . . I take no prisoners. More than the word 'cracker', Kuns is often fond of such dishonest racist agenda; and I was only playing the agent-provocateur in applying his own scripts in precisely the same way as he often does.

I didn't mean to come across to you as a gun-blazer, not at all. But I'm fully aware of the issues I'm trying to present. If he wants to deny the unpalatable facts of BLACK RACISM that he often pretends do not exist . . . hehehe, then he's just the candidate for some serious home-schooling. grin

I apologise, BlkRaven. No vex.
Re: What If Another Jesus Comes Today? by BlkRaven(f): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2007
I no dey vex so no problem grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking deeper / Uk Charity Commission Takes Over Christ Embassy In The Uk / If The Story Of Noah Was On Facebook Feed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.