Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 (310 Views)

Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu / Oyibo Odinamadu, First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 / Bolarinwa Babalakin Is Dead (Former Supreme Court Judge Dies At 94)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 by Noneroone(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2022
First national vice president of the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) in the second republic, Chief (Mrs) Oyibo Odinamadu is dead.

Odinamadu died in the United States of America at the age of 94 years.

Daughter of the deceased, Ifeatu Onubogu made this disclosure in a statement sent to the Nigerian Tribune.

Onubogu wrote: “We thank God for a long life well spent as we announce the passing of our mother, grandmother, great grandmother, sister and aunt, High Chief (Ichie Sir (Mrs) Oyibo Ekwulo Odinamadu on Wednesday March 30, 2022 at the age of 94.”

During Odinamadu’s lifetime, a staunch Awoist, Ebenezer Babatope described the deceased as a woman who was “very brilliant, strong and militant.”

Babatope lauded Odinamadu for performing excellently as national vice president of the UPN.

Among her many firsts, Odinamadu was the first female university graduate from the former Eastern Region of Nigeria, first Igbo woman to get a driving license and drive a car as well as the first indigenous principal of both Womens’ Training College Enugu and Queens School Enugu.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/odinamadu-first-upn-national-vp-first-igbo-woman-to-drive-a-car-dies-at-94/

Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 by Bulldozer90: 12:08am On Apr 12, 2022
Seems she kept a good record. How come I never heard of her. Where is she from?
Re: First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 by Noneroone(m): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Bulldozer90:
Seems she kept a good record. How come I never heard of her. Where is she from?
She was from Anambra, Abatete precisely. Though I think she married outside Igboland.
Re: First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 by LeoDeKing: 12:15am On Apr 12, 2022
Odinamadu died in the United States of America at the age of 94 years.
I want to assume I didn't see the above.

I also want to assume she died in Nigeria.

So this is yet another opportunity for me to insult Buhari and his zoo, lemme fire:

I maintain, if you have the means, better japa from the zoo to countries where the systems work.

This woman must have died due to primary healthcare which Buhari refused to provide for the common man.

If this lady were to be buoyant enough, she would have gone to countries like Germany, Canada, USA or UK where things work. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 by Mynd44: 2:08am On Apr 12, 2022

(1)

The International Community Has Advised D Govt To Support Igbo Presidency / Adamu Garba Shock As APC Pegs 2023 Presidential Nomination Form At ₦100m / Failure To Deploy Tucano Jets, Signs Of Sympathy For Terrorists – HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.