Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Quit Smoking, Here's What Happened To My Body. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Quit Smoking, Here's What Happened To My Body. (497 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / What Happened To Me Today In A Brothel / Man Drinks Bottle Of Gin To Impress His Friends, See What Happened Later. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Quit Smoking, Here's What Happened To My Body. by albertflex(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2022
The Quitting Smoking Timeline

20 Minutes After Your Last Cigarette
Your body is already improving in less time than it takes to watch a movie. Your blood pressure and pulse begin to return to normal within 20 minutes. And the warmth of your hands and feet returns to normal.

8 Hours After Your Last Cigarette
In eight hours, your carbon monoxide concentrations will return to a more normal level.

Cigarette smoke contains carbon monoxide, which substitutes oxygen particles inside the blood, allowing your tissues to take less oxygen.

Your oxygen levels begin to restore to normal once carbon monoxide is no longer present. This extra oxygen helps to replenish tissues and blood vessels that were previously receiving less oxygen due to smoking.

24 Hours After Your Last Cigarette
You’ve already reduced your risk of a heart attack by one day. This is attributed to less constriction of arteries and veins, as well as higher oxygen levels in blood flowing to the heart, which aids its function. Nicotine levels in your blood have likewise dropped to extremely low levels at this time.

48 Hours After Your Last Cigarette
After 48 hours, nerve endings that have been damaged begin to regrow. You may also discover that your senses that were formerly dulled by smoking begin to improve. You may notice that you can smell and taste things better than before.

72 Hours After Your Last Cigarette
You should notice a difference in your breathing three days after stopping smoking. Because the bronchial tubes within the lungs have begun to relax and open up more, this is the case. This makes it easier for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the air.

In addition, three days after giving up smoking, your lung capacity (or ability to fill the lungs with air) increases.

One Week After Your Last Cigarette
The one-week mark is critical not just for your health, but also for your long-term success rate of quitting smoking. Smokers who abstain from smoking for a week have a nine-fold rise in their chances of quitting.

With each attempt, your chances of successfully quitting smoking grow. If you can make it for a week, you can even make it for a lifetime.

More Details: https://scholarshipspy.com/what-happens-when-you-quit-smoking/
Re: I Quit Smoking, Here's What Happened To My Body. by Obagofixxy: 7:48am On Apr 12, 2022
who cigar help, light up my AZ

(1) (Reply)

Need Medical Help (pictures) / Amarose Skin Tag Remover Shark Tank Esposed / How Garlic And Honey Can Help You In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.