Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister (9916 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... / How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by ideylaff: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
so okonjo is the majic wand to all of our probmens? i laff in boko

You have spoken , bro,

President dey beg Person to come serve 4 Cabinet, are we dat desperate,

Anyway Okonjo is bn used as a tool for recognition and she herself like the role as well as has some agenda to have power 1day
she really does not know 9ija,

hmmmmm.

Please dont tell me World Bank MD is d same thing as Minister Of Finance

1 na just paper work administrative, red tape bureaucracy role and the other os Power, Influence, Political and whatever comes with the office

Okonjo sef like Politics, na only her, issshhh, please dont come back crying to daddy ooo when GEJ and his
croonies spend all the money u save them

Cut corruption and things will work, do u really need Ivy League to make that work

How many Harvard People dey 4 Dubai or Ghana to make thigs work, wey na so so Ivy League we dey chase 4 Nija

OK she will save 9ja money and the Government will spend it on themselves, abi, wetin remain,

I wish her Good luck but lets revisit this thread in a few years time, 
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
grin That Okonjo Is not just from Delta state but from Ogwashi-Uku my home town grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by UyiIredia(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ topic >>> good for her
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by proudly9ja(m): 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
enyojo:

^^ I think if I get your point, you are saying that a Lionel Messi playing among Heartland FC of Owerri might not achieve much. Ko?
Something like that. Im saying if HeartlandFC have 10 other useless players, Lionel Messi being the 11th player will be a waste of money and effort. In fact if he doesn't leave early enough, people will classify at same level with the other players.

Ngozi herself knows this from first hand experience. She had to quickly resign when OBJ wanted to mess her up
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by ideylaff: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
Quote from: enyojo on Today at 06:01:22 PM

^^ I think if I get your point, you are saying that a Lionel Messi playing among Heartland FC of Owerri might not achieve much. Ko?

Something like that. Im saying if HeartlandFC have 10 other useless players, Lionel Messi being the 11th player will be a waste of money and effort. In fact if he doesn't leave early enough, people will classify at same level with the other players.

Ngozi herself knows this from first hand experience. She had to quickly resign when OBJ wanted to mess her up

GBAM, TRUE TOK,

President dey beg Person to come serve 4 Cabinet, are we dat desperate,

Anyway Okonjo is bn used as a tool for recognition and she herself like the role as well as has some agenda to have power 1day
she really does not know 9ija,

hmmmmm.

Please dont tell me World Bank MD is d same thing as Minister Of Finance

1 na just paper work administrative, red tape bureaucracy role and the other os Power, Influence, Political and whatever comes with the office

Okonjo sef like Politics, na only her, issshhh, please dont come back crying to daddy ooo when GEJ and his
croonies spend all the money u save them

Cut corruption and things will work, do u really need Ivy League to make that work

How many Harvard People dey 4 Dubai or Ghana to make thigs work, wey na so so Ivy League we dey chase 4 Nija

OK she will save 9ja money and the Government will spend it on themselves, abi, wetin remain,

I wish her Good luck but lets revisit this thread in a few years time,

No be 9ija she like reach dat one, she sef get aganda, she like pawa and some people dey use Madam as well,

Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by owobokiri(m): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
Any plans to cut the mega allowances for the members of the National Assembly? If that is not done, few "honourable parasites" will contineu to feed fat from the national budget . 100 Iwealas cant do anything with a depleted purse.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by gbconcepts: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
enyojo:

Concerning the issue of what to do to bridge the gap btw the rich and the poor, Ngozi said that she has personally gone over to Ariaria Market to interview the small-scale manufacturers/business boys there.
She saw one who had to melt his rubber for shoes on a stove!

She went to outline the necessary requirements which she termed 'buckets'
* First Bucket: Infrastructure (i.e good roads, etc
*second Bucket: Power
*Third bucket: Access to finance

pls let the 2nd bucket become the 1st and while at it can it be reduced to a "cup". maybe the PHCN tariffs may be reduced too.
grin  grin  grin
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dis Guy:

you can say that again!!

yes all the ministries headed by Igbos will be transformed! anybody that criticize them has an agenda

Don' mind all those hypocrites jare.We have seen this woman during obj regime,what did she achieve ? Nothing instead what we had were stories of disappeared funds.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by okstol: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Mugu HARAM, I don't know why u always exhibit ur im•bel*lic attitude in public. Its not a must that u got to comment on every thread. Op is talking about an ivy league graduate and i think u aint in the know about the value of good education. If this thread is for cattle rearing and milking, then you can lecture us on that. Try to dey use ur head at times.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by igboboy1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
colly227:

grin That Okonjo Is not just from Delta state but from Ogwashi-Uku my home town grin grin grin grin

ngwanu e choru k'ayi kupuru gi aka?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by Olaisrich(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ topic >>> good for her

Not for Nigeria?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by jmaine: 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
Watched the screening and she sounded very impressive,articulate and had an authority in whatever question thrown at her . . .and for once, i felt yes, we need someone like this to steer an important port folio in the country . . .but am just wondering what gripe do people have with her,her selection and what she can bring to the table . . .or you all are just critic for the sake of it undecided undecided . . .
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by rhymz(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ngozi is exactly what we need now not that confused Aganga
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by cvibe: 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
The woman with magic wand?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by intrepid: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
I wonder what some folks here mean by 'over rated'.

How many of the women,infact men in that chamber including those who were fielding those questions can compete with her in terms of competence and a grasp of our problem in Nigeria.

I just wish that God will bless us with more ppl like her--though we have them,but I pray that they be allowed to come forth and not snuffed out or choked up before anyone can see them-of course by the powerful men in that place.

NG,please go on and put in the very best.PROUDLY NIGERIAN!

How u see am?
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by NegroNtns(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
I've seen this dama before!

The victory of Obama. He was the messiah America has been waiting on to get in Washington and "change America".

Obama even said he was going t change Washington.

Looking back, we see that Washington cvhanged Obama.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by oladayo042: 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dividend of getting qualitative education. Nigeria sure needs to learn.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by BetaThings: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
enyojo:

He won't accept it!
What will he not accept?
The same Aganga that swallowed his vomit when confronted by the senate committee headed by the crook Omisore
While Sanusi stood his ground and confirmed that he said NASS members were overpaid
Aganga will accept commissioner in Edo State
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by semid4lyfe(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
NOI has suddenly become the saviour of Nigeria. She's made a minister and all our problems go just disappear like that

I laugh in IJAW grin
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by supersteel(m): 12:02am On Jul 07, 2011
SHE LECTURED OUR OLODO SENATORS,
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by ak47mann(m): 12:07am On Jul 07, 2011
supersteel:

SHE LECTURED OUR OLODO SENATORS,

grin grin
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by kulutempa: 12:08am On Jul 07, 2011
BREAKING NEWS from the Financial Times:  New Minister to boost Nigerian reformers

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aa8dcb1e-a7ea-11e0-afc2-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1RMtgmJ9X

This paragraph from the article sums up the uphill task that this woman faces:

"I told the Senate that we cannot go on this way," she said, adding that she has been receiving threatening phone calls from corrupt members of the political  and business elite aimed at dissuading her from returning home.  But she could not "give up on Nigeria".

This has always been the problem with Nigeria, a country where the majority of the population have been held to ransom by a greedy and corrupt few.  Nothing short of targeted assassination of these evil bloodsuckers will change the situation in Nigeria for the better.    I wish Madam Ngozi could provide us with the names of some of these enemies of progress.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by nduchucks: 12:45am On Jul 07, 2011
Madam Ngozi actually put in the good word for Islamic Banking, she supports it.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by nsiadi: 1:20am On Jul 07, 2011
At times its necessary to zno
Some ppl tend to pull us down all times, as if they cant do any other good thing
When you hear of low literacy rate we know from where its from. Boko/Bombing has same root

The Ibos dont belong to this class
Even though they dont get the chance to exhibit their prowess they create chances
Ppl who hate them do so out of fear of being out shined. But they cant stop moving train

The screening is a case in point, Every one talks of delectable Diezani, Ngozi & Nnaji
They are not the best from the SE, if we dust-up others ppl will still talk. We have a lot in stock
Thats Ibo for you

The Ibos, who are found not only in SE but also in Delta & Rivers are, v talented
Through marriage they are colonizing the Imokes, Akpabios, Objs etc
They are the unseen hands in majority of facets booming here & there

Think of these, GEJ, Innoson, Ngige, Rochas, Chime the action man that hardly cares for publicity
We have a lot of talents in the Entertainment Industry, Osuofia & Patience, to name just two from one LGA of Enugu State
We have the dark ones who make waves too, Dora is 1st in that list

Our other brothers & sisters shd learn to embrace us.They shd come close & learn from us. We are harmless
We are accommodating
We dont tolerate nonsense, Ojukwus, Uwazike, Ngige, OUK are there, Fault these claims if you can. NGOZI will, sure,deliver
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by jason123: 1:32am On Jul 07, 2011
nsiadi:

Some ppl tend to pull us down all times, as if they cant do any other good thing
When you hear of low literacy rate we know from where its from. Boko/Bombing has same root

Even though they dont get the chance to exhibit their prowess they create chances
Ppl who hate them do so out of fear of being out shined. But they cant stop moving train

The screening is a case in point, Every one talks of delectable Diezani, Ngozi & Nnaji
They are not the best from the SE, if we dust-up others ppl will still talk. We have a lot in stock
Thats Ibo for you

The Ibos, who are found not only in SE but also in Delta & Rivers are, v talented

Think of these, GEJ, Innoson, Ngige, Rochas, Chime the action man that hardly cares for publicity
We have a lot of talents in the Entertainment Industry, Osuofia & Patience, to name just two from one LGA of Enugu State

Our other brothers & sisters shd learn to embrace us.They shd come close & learn from us. We are harmless
We are accommodating
We dont tolerate nonsense, Ojukwus, Uwazike, Ngige, OUK are there, Fault these claims if you can. NGOZI will, sure,deliver

grin grin grin grin

We are scared embarassed cry. We are very scared of you guys!!! We sometimes think you are going to eat us. . . . We like our distance but mutual respect!!! sad
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by jason123: 1:33am On Jul 07, 2011
nsiadi:

Thats Ibo for you

We are accommodating

GBAM!!!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by jason123: 1:34am On Jul 07, 2011
OH!!! I love NL!!! smiley smiley grin
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by aloyemeka1: 1:40am On Jul 07, 2011
mbulela:

What c rap was she spewing?
she should just keep quiet and be seen not heard.
I doubt she has anything to contribute in that Senate.
Why should Oluremi keep quiet?. She is also very versatile and educated like Ngozi Iwela. The senators who wouldn't let her talk are eediots who cannot stand a woman showing more intelligence than them. Of course they have no clue on what to ask because they are only good in taking young wayward women to their Abuja hotel rooms.
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by hugooh42(m): 1:49am On Jul 07, 2011
@Jason123
We are scared Embarrassed Cry. We are very scared of you guys!!! We sometimes think you are going to eat us. . . . We like our distance but mutual respect!!!

This is what is called inferiority complex.Tribal bigot!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by jason123: 2:20am On Jul 07, 2011
hugooh42:

@Jason123
This is what is called inferiority complex.Tribal bigot!

Guy, it was a sarcastic joke. Calm down!!! Haba!!
Re: Ngozi Really Lectured The Senators, Now Confirmed A Minister by Pafuri(m): 4:01am On Jul 07, 2011
[b]On Non-interest banking, Dr Ngozi said from what she knows, she thinks Non-interest Banking is just another form of Banking whereby instead of the Investors getting interests on Loans offered, the Borrower and Lender share the Profits.
She said we should put emotions aside and look at it objectively. that countries that practice this are doing very well at it in addition to other types of banking.

No-interest banking? By Nigeriano-Christian tendency, pretty Ngozi is the African female voice of A-Qaeda.  grin grin grin Simple minds, all. Thanks sweetheart. I love you already. smiley wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Attends Lake Chad Basin Leaders International Conference / Gov. El Rufai Attend Durbar Festival In Zaria (Pictures) / Yobe Cancels Democracy Day Celebration For Reception Of Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.