Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin (41140 Views)

U.S's Binance Probe Expands To Examine Possible Insider Trading / Binance Investigated For Insider Trading And Market Manipulation / Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by djon78(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
playboy19:

No, the problem is some of us are not simpletons like people like you. We are wise enough not to take anything just by their face value. We are wise enough to know that a true journalist must report both sides of a story and let the readers be the judge (fair hearing), we are wise enough to know that anything aside from that is partisan and a PR. We are wise and educated enough to know that a company is a different entity from it's sponsors, hence you don't throw the baby away with the water. We are wise enough to know that even if the GB guy lacks discipline and he's culpable of all he was alleged of, you don't go with the intent of destroying the whole company.

Anyone with half a brain can easily see through the whole so-called article for what it really is, a campaign of vengeance against a formal lover. The whole account is from "a" bitter Ex ( all those other pseudos are fabricated) and the David guy is just using the whole gist to advance his own career.

Am I making a case for the GB guy, No! But the company is a pride of Nigeria and Africa and this kid is trying to destroy the dreams and aspirations of so many investors and workers of the company just because of one guy. Like I said, the David guy should be thankful he's not dealing with a combative individual like myself because if I was the chairman of the company, I will first sacrifice the GB guy publicly, then go after the David boy with all my might for trying to destroy that company and its people.

And just in case you still don't understand his sin, it's like trying to destroy a whole Nigeria (with you and I as citizens) just because of Buhari. I hope it's clear now.

I have stopped blaming the older generation, because the younger generation claims Clean. But has a lot of deep shady stuffs.

One of the things this expose has taught me is the importance and place of integrity in life and business.

And my personal resolve will be to always come with clean hands in my dealings.

When people say other people and nation's have been doing it, therefore there is nothing bad in doing same, is a very dangerous mindset.

It's a terrible precedence

That's why people like David Hundeyin should be highly appreciated

For speaking truth and calling out wrong

Again that others are doing it, so we will do likewise is very very dangerous

Why not stand out and make a difference

Does it mean we can't build business without shady stuffs

Again it's a horrible mindset

2 Likes

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by pixey(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
rex21:

Do you wish for a rich world where the rich/strong rides on the poor and weak or a just nation where everything is fair to all concerned ??
Do think about it, dont be in a rush to answer.
Na guilty conscience dey worry am. I am ashamed of some comments here.

1 Like

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by frankputer: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
it is from the setting of your dashboard.
if you want it to you bank account fine and good, otherwise you will get it on your dashboard which you can at any time transfer it to any bank account in Nigeria.
you claim can not be substantiated.

i am only worried about the fraudulent part where card will be debited by unknown person which we don't know if it's flutterwave insider

CSNg:
I have always known Flutterwave to be a corrupt entity.

I made a payment through them to MallForAfrica and till today, the money entered voicemail. I complained to MallForAfrica and they blamed Flutterwave, I sent a ticket to Flutterwave and they blamed my bank (GTB) but deep down in me, I knew it was them (Flutterwave) that stole the money.

I also heard of stories from people who used them as a payment processor or their online services and payment gateway...they remit money from customers and it reflects on the dashboard of the clients but they would never remit to their bank accounts.

So with all this, I am not surprised!

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by syntekelite(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
The flutterwave chronicle is the biggest exposé of the Nigerian Fintech space that is saturated with founders whose backgrounds and antecedence do not corroborate their sudden success narratives.

If you didn't read David Hundeyin's publication, my summary is as follows:

1. The villain of the story was an influential Access Bank staff who used Access Bank's name and identity to secure investment for his flutterwave startup.
Moral Lesson: I do not blame entrepreneurs like Dangote who hire many Indian professionals in management.

2. The same villain reneged on his agreement with one of the foremost employees and executive of the firm regarding an important oral shareholding agreement.
Moral Lesson: Always write down and sign every agreement even with family.

3. The same villain employed the counsel who was holding brief for the aggrieved ex-employee at the National Industrial Court. The counsel abandoned the claimant and represented the defendant.
Moral Lesson: The Rules of Professional Conduct for Legal Practitioners in Nigeria prohibits a counsel from representing an opponent in a particular case. There are no rules when money is involved in Nigeria.

4. The same villain sexually abused another employed victim for years and proceeded to influence her new employer after she left flutterwave.
Moral Lesson: We should support our girls, sisters, daughters and nieces! They are endangered even in the most formal and literate spaces in this country .

5. The same villain sells stocks valued at $20 for less than $4 behind closed doors.
Moral Lesson: You're a sheep if you still think that forces of demand and supply determine prices at the stock exchange and money market. Prices are controlled by mafias.

I hope one day we'll comprehend how young men whose start-ups have less than half-a-million apps download on both APPLE Store and Google Play Store were able to dash Big Brother Naija 2billion Naira as headline sponsors grin

The stock supposed to be awarded to said worker was in writing not oral... She should get a better law firm and sue for billions..

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by playboy19(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
djon78:

I have stopped blaming the older generation, because the younger generation claims Clean. But has a lot of deep shady stuffs.

One of the things this expose has taught me is the importance and place of integrity in life and business.

And my personal resolve will be to always come with clean hands in my dealings.

When people say other people and nation's have been doing it, therefore there is nothing bad in doing same, is a very dangerous mindset.

It's a terrible precedence

That's why people like David Hundeyin should be highly appreciated

For speaking truth and calling out wrong

Again that others are doing it, so we will do likewise is very very dangerous

Why not stand out and make a difference

Does it mean we can't build business without shady stuffs

Again it's a horrible mindset

Well, I understand your plight and I'm totally for making a difference and standing by the truth but again after having first-hand experience with the internal working of the Media, Finance, Business, Tech, and Government then you begin to question everything, especially the truth according to to the media.

I stand for integrity and in fact everyone who knows me or does business with me knows this. I earn people's trust easily and I make sure I don't betray that trust, so I'm all for that. However, what I am really against is anyone trying to kill a business we all strive to build daily. You are trying to take away the source of livelihood of those that put their trust in me to lead them and if I can't do anything to salvage that, then I'm a failure. Everyone working with me knows that I will take criticism. You can even attack me personally and I might let you be, but the day you go after my company, then you are going to be seeing another side of me.

So, what I'm saying is, the GB guy could be a slowpoke, fine...then deal with him by all means but don't go for the company, you can't win that. And anyone who thinks the company is going under because of these little charade, they need to snap out of their nativity.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by lavylilly: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Problem too much for this cawtry.

All these people wearing suits and speaking useless English as CEOs.

They're also the problem of this cawtry.

Remember Irastus Akimbola? Etc...

No case!
Akimbola na classical coporte thief
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:

I hope one day we'll comprehend how young men whose start-ups have less than half-a-million apps download on both APPLE Store and Google Play Store were able to dash Big Brother Naija 2billion Naira as headline sponsors grin

Patricia came from the ground up. He started gift cards trading at 2017 and by 2018, the demand had grown to the extent that he had to create an automated platform for buying and selling.
As his company grows, which is a Fintech company, the stocks would rise too. So asides form profits from Patricia trading inc. the stocks too would rise, ultimately making him a billionaire in naira.

I'm not saying that Patricia is not involved in stocks fraud, but Patricia is clean enough for a start. That's why I didn't suspect anything when he and his parent company, "abeg" were the headline sponsors of bbnaija.

Bro, naira is trash now, Fintechs are the new money wave Through clean profits from stocks or insider trading.
Big whales are looking for potentials now, that's why they would fund any company that seems like a potential.

Even Patricia got 100$m last year.

There was this "reel fruits" company (google search for it) that got funding for 3m$.

https://reelfruit.com/reelfruit-raises-3-million-series-a-funding-to-expand-production-with-new-factory/
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
lavylilly:
Akimbola na classical coporte thief
Ah you remember that guy.

Na so so adjournment in case dey. This cawtry na cruise!
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by Lifestone(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Cutehector:
Wow, such an expose.
which expose? Did you read the article? Empty tank

1 Like

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by Lifestone(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
Kpengla:
Flutterwave is a criminal organization
Which crime o?
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by lavylilly: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Ah you remember that guy.

Na so so adjournment in case dey. This cawtry na cruise!
Media is even tw worse
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by Babinski: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
Viraltrends123:
People always trying to draw their own down in this country, from hatred for dangote, saying he is fg made billionaire, to this guy. some of American billionaires admit they sold cocaine to be where they are today, Jeff bezos, Amazon CEO also received massive support from US government, We saw how US stop hauwaii and xiomi from gaining dominance, they made sure Apple reigns despite the bad history of their board of directors, they are more interested in what the company will big to the nation, US is by far the country with the most billionaires. And they are ready to do create more, and not spoil the little the have.

In Nigeria, our Aba made product was gaining dominance small small, not until we Nigerians we localized it, any small things that is fake we call it Aba made, here in Nigeria we never complained when companies like indomie, that french blue carton sugar, honeywell cheese balls owned by white people were gaining dominance, but when dangote started his own, his cements, sugar, that's when we remember what Monopoly is, many people would have become billionaires in this country, custom officials have ruined their careers, custom officers are Nigerians ooo. Here we tackle evil people around us than those outside. What a wrong country to be in.

Please stop supporting corruption, criminal and unethical conduct with your manipulative arguments. Let us all rise up and condemn corruption in all its forms and manifestations. No country ever became wealthy riding on corruption.

Your statement that some US billionaires admitted to drug dealings and criminal behaviour as the foundation of their wealth is false and misleading. No US billionaire will do that because the Civil Forfeiture procedure in the US ensures that assets suspected to be from criminal activity and drugs dealing are forfeited to the Government without the need for criminal proceedings against anyone.

The people who condemn Aba made as inferior products are also the same that have made Chinese products synonymous with low quality. But has China lost market because of that? No. The same people still buy from China. But you don't expect us to pay a premium for inferior quality because it is locally made. If it is not good enough, aim to be better instead of whipping up sentiments.

The US Government never supports corruption among US companies and executive and there are several examples to show that. Enron, Schlumberger, Exxon Mobil, Chevron and various big US companies have paid heavily for corruption and unethical conduct that didn't even happen on US soil. So what are you saying?

Call a spade a spade. Nigeria would not be better by promoting and defending criminal and unethical conduct among business people and entrepreneurs. Your write up as subtle as it is, is very parochial and selfish in advancing an agenda that only benefits a few at the expense of many. Which is one of the key reasons for us being in the mess we are in this country.

So you think it is good for GB to be engaged in sexual liasons with employees, screwing some out of their stock options, cheating others and engaging in other unethical conduct? If it is not a big deal why didn't he just come out and admit to it all and tell it to our face that it is not a big deal?

Companies based on fraudulent foundations never last. How did Enron with its unscrupulous executives end? How did Bernard Madoff end? Please stop making excuses for evil. No one likes it when you end up at the receiving end.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by 1867xvb: 12:24am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

It is what it is Comrade
[/s]
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by Tundex911: 8:16am On Apr 14, 2022
First time I read every single tread on Nairaland,

My conclusion

Yahoo ni gbogbo wa

No peace ✌️
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by AmuRubber(m): 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
The flutterwave chronicle is the biggest exposé of the Nigerian Fintech space that is saturated with founders whose backgrounds and antecedence do not corroborate their sudden success narratives.

If you didn't read David Hundeyin's publication, my summary is as follows:

1. The villain of the story was an influential Access Bank staff who used Access Bank's name and identity to secure investment for his flutterwave startup.
Moral Lesson: I do not blame entrepreneurs like Dangote who hire many Indian professionals in management.

2. The same villain reneged on his agreement with one of the foremost employees and executive of the firm regarding an important oral shareholding agreement.
Moral Lesson: Always write down and sign every agreement even with family.

3. The same villain employed the counsel who was holding brief for the aggrieved ex-employee at the National Industrial Court. The counsel abandoned the claimant and represented the defendant.
Moral Lesson: The Rules of Professional Conduct for Legal Practitioners in Nigeria prohibits a counsel from representing an opponent in a particular case. There are no rules when money is involved in Nigeria.

4. The same villain sexually abused another employed victim for years and proceeded to influence her new employer after she left flutterwave.
Moral Lesson: We should support our girls, sisters, daughters and nieces! They are endangered even in the most formal and literate spaces in this country .

5. The same villain sells stocks valued at $20 for less than $4 behind closed doors.
Moral Lesson: You're a sheep if you still think that forces of demand and supply determine prices at the stock exchange and money market. Prices are controlled by mafias.

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by GloriousGbola: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by nextdoorpal: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2022
This David guy is something, damn! Quite a long interesting exposè, well researched n succinctly detailed. This guy has got a fan in me, howbeit flutterwave has lots of shenanigans ongoing, suspected this long ago, I'll say no further till the appropriate time sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin by janitors(m): 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Flutterwave Barter are Scammers and fraudulent Financial Company

They debited my Kuda account N4,800 for a week now, i contacted Kuda and they said Flutterwave have gotten the Payment immediately. I senTseveral message to Flutterwave support, they never respond to any. Please run away from them, they will not refund failed transaction and wont respond to your complain

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Offers ₦50 Billion Credit To Households, Businesses Affected By Coronavirus / Lake Rice Now Available At N12,000 Per Bag. See Where To Buy Them In Lagos. / Kindle Money Keyword Research Method $100 Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.