Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill (30600 Views)

Again, House Of Reps Passes Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Malami Orders Police To Unseal Peace Corps Headquarters / Reps Bury Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by oxygeng: 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
tishbite41:
Had I known I for join Peace Corps!
Automatic employment
God don pick their call
Bubu tryna clean out his closet
guy if you are serious we could discuss. Got training certificates and other relevant documents; gwagwalada command. But I Don japa already.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Tareq1105: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
gracealonev:
This is patently a legislative fraud.
Each of them must have smuggled in hundreds of unemployable folks inside before approving the organization. And each applicant has paid varying amounts starting from N40k.

Why can they ask FG to start another outfit on a clean slate. The same thing they did with Civil Defence Corps.

State Police Bill is preferable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by whippersnapper(m): 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
After all said and done. nice development. we need more of this strong institutions to move the country forward. The US defence has close to a hundred agencies

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by galaxy2020(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2022
Another duplication of function, what will be the duty of peace corps that police and civil defense can not handle? This people just lack vision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
Trash waste of money undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by maafen: 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2022
wolesmile:
What will be their own function o?

If you ask me, na who I go ask?
This simpleton government will say it provides employment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by sukar886: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2022
Una bad Belle too much, tomorow una go say unemployment, no be people go do the work, by doing the work , won't that reduce unemployment ... Na wahoo, all this guys typing rubbish here are heartless, cos u guys didn't apply, tell me how will this country good, since u guys are enemy of progress

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by josielewa(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2022
i applied around 201

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by wolesmile(m): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2022
maafen:

If you ask me, na who I go ask?
This simpleton government will say it provides employment.

Orishirishi
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Ventura1: 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
I trust Buhari to withheld assent yet again. The man wey dey look for N4 trillion to pay subsidy.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by ademasta(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
Issokay
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Kpengla(m): 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2022
ivolt:
Peace corp will have no effect on the nations security while
draining our little resources to pay some underemployed people.
The government will be forced to borrow more and our currency will become weaker

I give it to peace corp promoter for knowing the right way to bribe our myopic lawmakers.

Another colossal waste of resources.

Nigeria is a nation of fools
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by EmemObong03: 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
Every one in this country has been cashing out. Others are still looking for ways to cash out even at their old age.
Peace or no peace, God has finally picked their calls to be cashing out too
Congratulations to all the Peace Corps Members
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by fof1: 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2022
[quote author=Kwanza post=111882346][/quote]

Where are we Going in Nigeria? Proliferation of Military or Security Agencies in Nigeria is Militarization of d Society...
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by EasternSWboyz: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2022
Nonsense.

Anything that doesn't effectively go on the offensive to eradicate the proliferation of bandits in the North is outright Nonsense.

What's the point that you get a job, and then get kidnapped ? ....it's more like, what does it profit a man if he gains a FG job and loose his life to bandits ?
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by MrMcJay(m): 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2022
Let the salaries of the National Assembly members be used to fund the Peace Corps nonsense.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Qadaffi2idiamin: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2022
The defence industrial complex another company have just been listed.

Congrats to Abdullahi Musa Bello.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by femicyrus(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
wolesmile:
What will be their own function o?

To be raising white flag in the midst of rioting motor park boys wielding broken bottles and cutlass

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Venom11(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
Nice bill given, it's what they it's and contains proper execution..
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Odus1970: 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2022
sukar886:
Una bad Belle too much, tomorow una go say unemployment, no be people go do the work, by doing the work , won't that reduce unemployment ... Na wahoo, all this guys typing rubbish here are heartless, cos u guys didn't apply, tell me how will this country good, since u guys are enemy of progress
dont mind them, they are enemy of progress, awon oloribu
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Testimony1988(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
Nice one, so those who paid for uniforms and other materials will have a sigh of relief.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by micflo28(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
Policemen are hungry and are now figure heads in criminal gangs, some sell guns to criminals to feed. Increase the salary and welfare of policemen and they will combat insecurity with all their commitment. Bloating the governments expenditure is a tragedy waiting to happen. ASUU is on strike and there may not be an election if the strike lingers till then. Use the money meant to run peace corps to pay ASUU please.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by akigbemaru: 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
NaijaNaWaa:
Army, Navy, Air force, Police, Civil Defence, Road Safety... now, Peace Corps... yet, corpse everywhere you turn.

Another corruption centre is born.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by corpROYAL(m): 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2022
ivolt:
The government will be forced to borrow more and our currency will become weaker

Anyway, I give it to peace corp promoter for knowing the right way to bribe our myopic lawmakers.

Well, that is best of your understanding and you are entitle to your own opinion. Kudos.

The problem we have in this country are youth and it revolves among youth. Lack of comprehension, focus and understanding.
Some of our youth are anti-development, anti-progressive. For the fact that you are not part of peace corp doesn't mean you should against or cast the bill. If you are not directly a beneficiary of the bill/peace corp, your relative, friend, younger ones or your children can equally benefit from it in future. They have been on this for so long. Like Road safety, Civil Defense, EFCC, Fire Service.

Meanwhile, if you are talking of functions, let me ask you, what agency are shadow with responsibilities of protecting our schools including higher institutions full of cultists today? Which agency is shadow with responsibilities of protecting our mining site as well as to ensure there is no illegal mining in the country as of today? Also peace.. In disputed area... This organization is to compliment our existing agency for there relentless performance.. Some are on duty post without anyone to relief them until following day because of their duties.. Haba!

Apart from that, this bill will reduce unemployment and allow many youth to contribute their skill to nation building and it will reduce criminal activities.

On funding, how the bill will be funded are stated clearly inside the bill. You can ask your senator/ honorable.. Meanwhile, commenting against bill already passed is a waste of time.. You can only do that during the public hearing.. We should be enlighten on National Assembly procedure and rule of engagement.

In life we should learn how to rejoice with people who are rejoicing if not you are pushing your own progress away.. Sorry if that is sound to hash but that is the truth.

I believe Our President will sign the bill waiting for his assent and take the Glory.

I am writing this to enlighten some people who have negative impression on the development of our great Nation and as a lover of this most populous Black Nation on earth (Nigeria). God bless you.. God bless Nigeria at large.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by integrity16(m): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2022
Buhari would still decline assent. Duplicate functions with other security agencies.

The only clause if inserted in their bill that would make me support this bill is if they would be immediately drafted to sambisa, and lake Chad forest to wipe out bokoharam and iswap and restore peace.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by TruthinAction: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2022
ivolt:

Anyway, I give it to peace corp promoter for knowing the right way to bribe our myopic lawmakers.

Whan Civil defense was signed into law, we thought they will add value to our security system. But they are just collecting salaries doing nothing worth noting. Another one again? What this government is after is anything that be created to enrich some people at the expense of our economy.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by mkoabiola: 11:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
Time to Join peace corps

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by kareemkamil(m): 4:25am On Apr 13, 2022
Somebody is coming with another scamming concept again,

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by seunmsg(m): 5:28am On Apr 13, 2022
Buhari will still not sign the bill.
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by Inosky(m): 10:18am On Apr 13, 2022
Apart from selfish gains, bribery and corruption from profunders and supporters of this useless and resources-draining bill I see nothing else while still pushing this bill!

If I was Buhari, I won't even look at it again!

Politicians in this country trying everything to crumble and destroy Nigeria's economy with useless bills that won't help the economy because they have a stake there!
Re: Senate Passes Peace Corps Bill by kabillionaire(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2022
How many times will they pass the same bill?

Elections are by the corner so they're using the same trick again.

Buhari is not ready to assent to that bill that it's a christian organization.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Revealing Pictures In OPC Rally In Lagos / P&ID Judgement: FG Requests Jonathan, Diezani’s Bank Statements / Tinubu: I Wonder Why PDP Still Exists As A Political Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.