Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll (2539 Views)

Killings Triple In The South-East After IPOB Launched ESN - TheCable / Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Gemid94(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello has polled only eleven percent of the votes in a presidential poll conducted on Twitter despite boasting of clinching the party’s ticket come 2023.

Bello, who spoke in Abuja last weekend, while responding to a question at the Second GYB Annual Seminar for Political and Crime Correspondents and Editors, reiterated that all indicators point to the fact that he stood in the best position to win the 2023 election for the APC.

“To answer your question, whether I am scared of other contestants for the presidency. You mentioned Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and others. I will say No; I am not scared of anybody in the contest for the APC presidential ticket.

“Tinubu and others are the founding members of the APC, but foundation is not enough. I will defeat all the other aspirants because I have all it takes to be a champion. My performance in Kogi State will speak for me,” he noted.

But in a Twitter poll conducted by TheCable on Monday, April 11, Yahaya Bello, polled 11.8% out of 23,013 total votes cast by the respondents.

The poll, which has now been ended by the online newspaper, featured other APC aspirants who all scored higher than the Kogi governor.

For instance, the minister of transportation Rotimi Amaechi polled 28.4%; APC national leader Bola Tinubu polled 20.1%, while Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had the highest number of votes (39.8%).

https://www.thequesttimes.com/sorry-yahaya-bello-comes-last-in-thecable-presidential-poll/

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Amerengues2: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
The poll doesn't reflect objectivity! It reeks of uneven representation. I mean, having other aspirants in the mix projects a robust and valid perception of the public.

By the way, online opinions doesn't equate the eventual likelihood of the results. Many persons wouldn't vote on that day; those you think have less votes like Tinubu might mobilize people on that day. I wish we can adopt both offline and online means but I know how unripe Nigeria is for these methods

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Malory: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
Followed by Tinubu

20 Likes 238 Shares

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
Lolz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by SmartPolician: 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2022
If Orji Kalu and Rochas Okorocha are not on the ballot, Dave Umahi will garner more votes than Yahaya Bello and Aketi. However, Osinbajo cannot beat Tinubu.

7 Likes

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Ebubu: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
They are corrupt for not including the only aspirant from the SE who has declared

1 Like

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Maxymilliano(m): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
What happened to the imaginary 2000 millionaires he was able to raise as Kogi State Governor ?

That should be enough to give him sizeable percentage of the recorded votes

1 Like

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by LeoDeKing: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
Among all the APC presidential aspirants, na Yahaya Bello own dey funny me pass. grin

As in, looking serious, busy spending Kogi civil servants' salaries upandan. grin

God really picked the call of his juju man. grin

If Yahaya Bello get sense, he should quickly pick form for senate so he use the power of incumbency to win and that is just for once. Next election when there is no more power of incumbency, he can't even win a LGA. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Salvador1: 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
Tinubu is unelectable.

Only enemies of Nigeria want Tinubu.
They supported Buhari a failure and still had the gut to support Tinubu.

They are against good things.

I hate Tinubu hoodlums with passion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by LeoDeKing: 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
[s]
Salvador1:
Tinubu is unelectable.

Only enemies of Nigeria want Tinubu.
They supported Buhari a failure and still had the gut to support Tinubu.
They are against good things.

I have Tinubu hoodlums with passion.
[/s]
Most importantly, no okoro will be on the ballot.

Emeka's electability will be considered in 2098.

Your hate for anyone can't make a fly change its direction. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by oz4real83(m): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
Comedy is when Yahaya Bello believes he can win presidential election in Nigeria, despite having zero achievement in his state after almost 7 years in power grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by TheRareGem1(f): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
So shall it happen in reality and in the presidential election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Salvador1: 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

I'm allergic to zombie please never you quote me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by LeoDeKing: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2022
[s]
Salvador1:
I'm allergic to zombie please never you quote me.
[/s]
Stop mistaking nairaland for ipob WhatsApp group. cheesy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Realadey(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2022
I believe that Tinubu fans are the ones attacking Osinbajo since his declaration yesterday.
Nigeria is no one's property, let us have people who can do this thing come on board instead of having someone who sees the presidency as his long time ambition. Anyone who is seeing Nigeria governance as ambition is not fit to lead us rather than the one who will deliver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Valkrie: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Among all the APC presidential aspirants, na Yahaya Bello own dey funny me pass. grin

As in, looking serious, busy spending Kogi civil servants' salaries upandan. grin

If Yahaya Bello get sense, he should quickly pick form for senate so he use the power of incumbency to win and that is just for once. Next election when there is no more power of incumbency, he can't even win a LGA. grin

LGA you say..? guy, he can't even win his village meeting chairmanship position...!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Africonji: 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2022
The poll is rigged to favour Osibanjo the fake pastor. He has hired a lot of social media keypad warriors that rig this kind of polls. If you see any support for Osibanjo in social media it is because it is 95% bought and paid for. Unlike Okwute Ndigbo who doesn't pay anyone to campaign for him. Peter Obi gets natural love from the masses both online and offline without paying a kobo, while Osibanjo has been spending looted funds since last year to bribe people to campaign for him. He will never smell that seat because he is just wasting his time and money, mark my words.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Nigerialabalaba: 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
kkikkiikkiii.
Yemi Osinbajo-Odale don win d cable but Jagaban don win d Presidency.

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by absool(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by MyMouth(m): 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:

That means he will have to resign from the position of governor because he will still be governor when the 2023 elections would. His tenure ends 2014
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Help2020: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2022
Gemid94:
Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello has polled only eleven percent of the votes in a presidential poll conducted on Twitter despite boasting of clinching the party’s ticket come 2023.

Bello, who spoke in Abuja last weekend, while responding to a question at the Second GYB Annual Seminar for Political and Crime Correspondents and Editors, reiterated that all indicators point to the fact that he stood in the best position to win the 2023 election for the APC.

“To answer your question, whether I am scared of other contestants for the presidency. You mentioned Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and others. I will say No; I am not scared of anybody in the contest for the APC presidential ticket.

“Tinubu and others are the founding members of the APC, but foundation is not enough. I will defeat all the other aspirants because I have all it takes to be a champion. My performance in Kogi State will speak for me,” he noted.

But in a Twitter poll conducted by TheCable on Monday, April 11, Yahaya Bello, polled 11.8% out of 23,013 total votes cast by the respondents.

The poll, which has now been ended by the online newspaper, featured other APC aspirants who all scored higher than the Kogi governor.

For instance, the minister of transportation Rotimi Amaechi polled 28.4%; APC national leader Bola Tinubu polled 20.1%, while Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had the highest number of votes (39.8%).

https://www.thequesttimes.com/sorry-yahaya-bello-comes-last-in-thecable-presidential-poll/
see tinubu for first,no wonder his slaves dey get mind. Or non be first be that?
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by maestroferddi: 6:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:

The yeye man dey form James Bond for Naija where the political terrain is unpredictable...

Now that he has the opportunity to push his way to the Senate in 2023, he is getting carried by a sense of self-importance....

Tomorrow when the inevitable happens and EFCC comes to treat his case, he would start crying of persecution.

It is only in Nigeria that the likes of Bello rub gross incompetence to people's faces by making a ludicrous bid for the presidency...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by chiefolododo(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2022
This is the confirmation of the prophesy
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by chiefolododo(m): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
who wouldn't defeat Yahya bello? Not even Shekarau
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by adebwalex(m): 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2022
Osibanjo will continue to win in more polls because majority of we Nigerians are behind him....
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by PrinceOfLagos: 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
Amaechi even floored Tinubu
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by BestMan001: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Tinubu is too old for this grin
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by omenkaLives(m): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
Star Boy all the way!! cool
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by omenkaLives(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

EoD!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2022
Everyone knows that APC would zone there ticket to the SOUTH, don't know why this nigga is just waisting kogis people money on a selfish campaign to be president
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by BanevsJoker(m): 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ebubu:
They are corrupt for not including the only aspirant from the SE who has declared
Is Obi in APC?
Re: Sorry Yahaya Bello Comes Last In Thecable Presidential Poll by RobbStark(m): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
OP, pls know that there is no polling unit on twitter.
The real voters, some don't even know what twitter is

As for the election, I will rather go with AMAECHI even tho I don't like him.

Woke shud be considered if we want to cure the madness in naija

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc / Soludo Replies Ebube Muonso Over His Prophecy On Fulani Invasion / BREAKING: Gov Adeleke Approves New Transport Management System For Osun(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.