Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,283 members, 7,846,287 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi (683 Views)

Jubilation In Kano After Osinbajo's Declaration (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech / Buhari Fires 35 Aides In Osinbajo’s Office - Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Kuginzi: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Earlier on Monday, Osinbajo, a senior pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God in a short broadcast shared via his Twitter handle said that he would want to succeed his principal, Muhammadu Buhari and complete all that the All Progressives Congress government started seven years ago.

A United States-based Nigerian social critic, Prof Farooq Kperogi, says Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s presidential declaration speech contained “two barefaced lies.”
Earlier on Monday, Osinbajo, a senior pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God in a short broadcast shared via his Twitter handle said that he would want to succeed his principal, Muhammadu Buhari and complete all that the All Progressives Congress government started seven years ago.

In the past seven years, I have served as Vice President under a true Nigerian patriot, a servant of the nation in war and peace, and a man of integrity, President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We have, together, worked through some of the most difficult times in the history of our Nation, but we have remained focused on securing the country, providing infrastructure and growing our economy,” he had said.
In a lengthy article via his social media page on Monday, Kperogi, a professor of Journalism and Emerging Media at Kennesaw State University in Georgia said Osinbajo “is a compulsively narrow-minded, intolerant, Christian fanatic who nurses a noxious, deep-rooted loathing for Muslims.”

He added, Yemi Osinbajo’s underwhelming, grammatically error-ridden, self-sabotaging presidential declaration speech contains two barefaced lies.

The first major lie is his claim that he has “been to practically all local governments in Nigeria.” The lie is too self-evident to need further elucidation from me.

But the second major lie, which concerns me more than the first, is his claim that he wants a Nigeria “where the man from Nnewi sees the man in Gusau as his brother, where the woman in Warri sees the woman in Jalingo as her sister, where the love of our nation burns alike in the hearts of boys and girls from Gboko to Yenogoa. Where everywhere in this land is home for everyone, where our diversities, tribes [sic] and faiths unite, rather than divide us.”

Let us examine his own record as Vice President. As I have repeatedly pointed out in the past few weeks, Osinbajo is a compulsively narrowminded, intolerant, Christian fanatic who nurses a noxious, deep-rooted loathing for Muslims (and, frankly, other Christian sects] and who sees his being in government as an opportunity to promote the supremacy of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), which I have characterized as his RCCGification project

So, let’s start. Although every political position he has ever occupied in life has been facilitated by Yoruba Muslims (i.e., Prince Bola Ajibola and Bola Tinubu), every consequential position he has had an opportunity to facilitate was given to an RCCG member.

In 2015, when he was given an opportunity to nominate a minister, he presented Okechukwu Enelamah, an RCCG pastor, who became Minister of Industry, Trade & Investment until 2019.

His spokesperson, Laolu Akande, was an RCCG pastor in New York. Like many RCCG pastors in the U.S., he relocated to Nigeria to feed fat on the Pentecostal paradise that Osinbajo has created for his kind. I’ve learned that Akande’s parish in New York has now closed.�

As Vice President, Osinbajo is in charge of the economy, and all the major appointments he has influenced in government agencies under the economy have been given to RCCG pastors.

For example, when he was asked to nominate a chairman for the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), he nominated Babatunde Fowler, an RCCG pastor.

How about the Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)? You guessed right: another RCCG pastor by the name of Alex Ayoola Okoh.

When it came time to appoint someone to be MD and CEO of Nigeria's Bank of Industry (BOI), guess again who Osinbajo nominated. Yep, another RCCG pastor by the name of Olukayode Pitan who has turned the BOI into an RCCG church. I’ve been given a dossier of the happenings there and will share them at the appropriate time.

His RCCGification isn’t limited to government appointments. He also parlays his symbolic currency as VP into an opportunity to put RCCG members as university vice chancellors and traditional rulers in Yorubaland.

There’s currently tension in Ogbomoso because Osinbajo influenced the imposition of an RCCG pastor by the name of Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye as the new Soun of Ogbomoso. Olaoye is an RCCG pastor in Maryland, USA.

And Osinbajo has been accused of hatching another plot to impose an RCCG pastor as the Akinrun of Ikirun, a historic Muslim town in Osun State. Although I don’t think there’s any credibility to this accusation, it nonetheless resonates in Muslim Yorubaland because it fits the pattern of Osinbajo’s RCCGification efforts in the region.

The list of RCCG pastors Osinbajo has caused to be appointed into government is deep, long, and wide. Almost without exception, every opportunity Osinbajo has had to appoint someone to a consequential position, he has unfailingly given it to an RCCG pastor.

That was precisely what he meant when, according to Vanguard, he told Apostolic Christian leaders in Lagos on Nov. 4, 2016, that his vice presidency “is our [i.e., Christian leaders’] first opportunity. This is our first shot at it. We need to maximize it and do the best we can. I think what my nomination and appointment have done is that it has open [sic] the door for us. We can do it and we can be influential in doing it.”

Yet this vile, shameless, emotionally stunted bigot has the gall to barefacedly lie to Nigerians that he wants a Nigeria “where our diversities, tribes [sic] and faiths unite, rather than divide us.”

No, he doesn’t. He wants to establish a Pentecostal RCCG republic. If that’s what Nigerians want, good luck!

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/11/us-professor-farooq-kperogi-reveals-%E2%80%98major-lies%E2%80%99-osinbajo%E2%80%99s-presidential-declaration

Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Savedday: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Death to all online urchins.

They are the reason all this thief politicians are still in power.

Death to all of them
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by mariovito(m): 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2022
G
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Dreamhighnow(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
Did osinbajo snatch this guy wife?

1 Like

Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by haslaw(m): 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2022
Oshibajo is one politician who has always remained in his RCCG bubble and has never looked out of that bubble.

He is an extremist, a fanatic and highly intolerant of other people's faiths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by 4words: 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2022
A pastor without honour, no moral grounds, no conscience. If judas who was a disciple could betray Jesus, why can't a pastor right.

I feel terribly disappointed In this fake pastor, a pastor that can't stand for truth, justice and equity is that one a pastor? This man is just hiding behind some cloth of deception, riding on his VP status and trying to disassociate himself from the ruins he has put the Nigerian economy.

Now he has threaten to continue from where he stopped if he becomes the president (God Forbid)

I rather vote Peter obi twice that vote this Judas.

#PastorTheJudas
#OsinbanjoTheJudas

However, Tinubu still beat them in terms of structure, achievement, antecedent, capital generation, peoples development... he has the right criteria for the job. So I did vote for him, a man that has a proven track record, why won't I. I did rather love to see the whole of Nigeria developed like Lagos and a Nigeria with a master plan. At least let us have a road map.

I believe Tinubu can and will do this. Give him a chance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Emir01: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2022
I don't know why they removed that Rasheed Olagunju of BOI. When Babalakin was fighting Unilag VC over alleged misappropriation, I was just laughing because I knew thousand of Babalakin can't remove him. The VC is anointed candidate of Osinbajo.
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Emir01: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
4words:
A pastor without honour, no moral grounds, no conscience. If judas who was a disciple could betray Jesus, why can't a pastor right.

I feel terribly disappointed In this fake pastor, a pastor that can't stand for truth, justice and equity is that one a pastor? This man is just hiding behind some cloth of deception, riding on his VP status and trying to disassociate himself from the ruins he has put the Nigerian economy.

Now he has threaten to continue from where he stopped if he become the president.

I rather vote Peter obi twice that vote this Judas.

#PastorTheJudas
#OsinbanjoTheJudas

However, Tinubu still beat them in terms of structure, achievement, antecedent, capital generation, peoples development... he has the right criteria for the job. So I did vote for him, a man that has a proven track record.

Obi will be worst than Osinbajo. From his circus, it's too obvious to see and he doesn't looks presidential, nor bold. A local champion with no charisma. I would rather prefer Anyim Pius Ayim of PDP or Umahi of APC.
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by festacman(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2022
Make hypertension no kill this Kperogi on account of Prof Osinbajo. Prof never win election and dude is losing sleep. Imagine if he becomes the president.

1 Like

Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Wazobia2216: 5:31am On Apr 13, 2022
Kuginzi:

Although I don’t think there’s any credibility to this accusation, it nonetheless resonates in Muslim Yorubaland because it fits the pattern of Osinbajo’s RCCGification efforts in the region.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/11/us-professor-farooq-kperogi-reveals-%E2%80%98major-lies%E2%80%99-osinbajo%E2%80%99s-presidential-declaration
[b]As a professor in journalism, you did see credibility in what you said but you still printed it anyway undecided

I use to enjoy reading your articles because its devoid of biasness and sentiments but lately you have turned to a branch of MURIC!

Repeating what is being said at the headquarter undecided

You are accusing Osibanjo the very same thing you are doing!

People that should know better, are the people causing division either through religion or ethnicity and kperogi is no better!

Tinubu offered a muslim/muslim ticket as a presidential aspirant, you no shout islamization of Nigeria!

I didn't hear you shout when in a secular state El-rufai as a Muslim picked another Muslim as the vice!

When our political class were busy going to christian communities and killing the Christians in the north, we didn't hear you then

Can you count the number of people working with Buhari How many are Christians

Truth be told Osibanjo is not my favorite presidential aspirant for now but

if this is all you have on Osibanjo then you (Kperogi) should talk the back seat and you have no moral right to speak on this matter!

Let's talk again when you have a superior argument!

Adiós

[/b]
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Malory: 5:35am On Apr 13, 2022
Kperogi is a patriot
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Wazobia2216: 6:00am On Apr 13, 2022
Malory:
Kperogi is a patriot
Islamic patriot undecided
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Teetee777: 6:05am On Apr 13, 2022
I don't know why people usually forget history, this govt has failed and the people still support those who made the country collapse. Anybody in this govt has failed, where are their promises of;
1. Dollar to naira,
2. Insecurity,
3. Economy
4. Job etc
And another incompetent and failed leader still has the gut to say he will continue from where his boss stops.
I stayed in kano and I know what people are saying about this government, especially the president, If another party can feed a good candidate, I believe they will win the election.
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by Toks2008(m): 6:23am On Apr 13, 2022
You are onky doing what you are paid to do.

Reserve your premium tears till Osinbajois sworn in as the Next president.
Re: Two Major Lies In Osinbajo’s Declaration Speech--Farooq A. Kperogi by oyatz(m): 6:41am On Apr 13, 2022
This Kperogi is just soiling his fast depleting reputation by publishing rumours, assumptions and plain falsehoods as the gospel truths.

Prof Kperogi simply believe any RCCG pastor holding any position must be doing so because Osinbajo influenced their appointments.

(1) (Reply)

Why I'll Have Problems With Political Elites If Voted President - PETER OBI / Video Of Adamu Garba Removing APC Flag From His Office After Dumping Party / KABBA EXPLOSION: The Political Conspiracies And The Looming Danger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.