Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

"I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? (1960 Views)

Dead Body Of Colonel Samaila Inusa Killed By Kidnappers (Photos) / James Ocholi's Dead Body (Graphic Photo) / No INEC Official Will Leave Here- Asari Dokubo Rants As His Accreditation Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by hola2ng(m): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2006
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by segun06: 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2006
If this is true all we can hope for is that the u.s doesn't use this as an excuse to evade Nigeria and we all know what will happen to all the oil if they do.
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by vichel(m): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2006
It can't be true OBJ knows better, there will be no third term for any body, come Next year, the newly democratic elected President *Not OBJ* would take over in peace. So if he has such ideas, he should better drop it before the Lord smites him
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by Jakumo(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2006
Hola2ng, someone who wants Obasanjo dead is putting words into the presidents mouth to inflame his enemies even further. Baba will leave as he did when he last occupied the presidential office. Remember that Obasanjo is the ONLY Nigerian president to EVER leave office voluntarily, and as his son Gbenga pointed out recently, Baba's adherence to his pledge WILL be kept as he enters the winter years of his life.
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by Hero(m): 9:08am On Feb 19, 2006
hola2ng:

The third term agenda of President Olusegun Obasanjo is in full gear.
The President continues to perfect strategies for perpetuating himself in office.
As part of the game plan, he is now reaching out
to the security services with the intention of using
them as tools of oppression, like the late maximum ruler Gen. Sani Abacha did.

The President held a meeting with top officials of the State Security Service (SSS) last week. According to some sources, who were privy to that meeting, the President informed the security officials that he had no intentions of vacating the office of President on May 29, 2007. The President directed that the screening of candidates be carried out in such a way as to 'weed out' those who were not in support of the President and his third term agenda. Therefore, those perceived to be opponents of the President's third term agenda will receive negative security reports which could cause them to be detained and probably disqualified from contesting elections.

At some point during the meeting the President became irate and was banging on the table. He declared to his shocked audience: "This is a fight to finish. I am not going anywhere. I will leave this office over my dead body. This is war!"
www.elendureports.com

That's a bunch of lies!! That report look as doctored up as a armature 419 E-Mail!! I say the SSS needs to start cracking down on all these rubbish news distributors in the nation spreading all these incriminating lies all about. It's getting way out of hand, and something needs to be done about it before something bad does really happen.
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by Akolawole(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2006
segun06:

If this is true all we can hope for is that the u.s doesn't use this as an excuse to evade Nigeria and we all know what will happen to all the oil if they do.

U.S invade Nigeria!, Do you think Nigeria is Togo or Mali?
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by segun06: 3:44am On Feb 24, 2006
what do you by
U.S invade Nigeria!, Do you think Nigeria is Togo or Mali?
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by Hero(m): 4:37am On Feb 24, 2006
segun06:

what do you by

Nigeria is a nation of nearly twice the size of Texas and with over 150Mill people of all different types, and with terrain as diverse as it comes. For them to effectively attack and take over Nigeria, they'll need to:

1)Gain congressional support.
2)Gain national support.
3) Gain international support to do so!
4) Come up with the billions needed to successfully stage such an attack.
5) Find a bordering staging point (supporting boarding nation) in which to launch their land invasion from!
6)Implement a draft, in order to come up with the at the least,  300,000 solders in which would be needed to successfully attack, defeat and hold in occupation a nation like Nigeria.

Most of that stuff is extremely unlikely or flat out impossible to be obtained, with the possible exception of coming up with the funds needed to carry out the invasion.
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2006
i doubt the authencity of this report. The United States cannot invade Nigera because its an impossibility.
Re: "I Will Leave Here Over My Dead Body” Declares Obasanjo? by segun06: 4:21am On Feb 26, 2006
I'm gong to explain each of your requirements:
1)Gain congressional support. (congress is filled with mostly rich folks, and all they want is some way for them to get richer).
2)Gain national support. (Nobody really cares about what happens in Africa that much, all the government need to do is to call Nigeria an Islamic country)
3) Gain international support to do so! (Did they have any before the war in Iraq?)
4) Come up with the billions needed to successfully stage such an attack. (All they have to do is increase tax)
5) Find a bordering staging point (supporting boarding nation) in which to launch their land invasion from! (Do you think CAmeroon won't give us up in a second?)
6)Implement a draft, in order to come up with the at the least, 300,000 solders in which would be needed to successfully attack, defeat and hold in occupation a nation like Nigeria. (All they have to do is go to the black neighborhoods and draft some soldiers; black folks are too busy worrying about their "kicks" to protest)

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili: Good For Politics? / EFCC Pays N3m To Victim Of Illegal Detention / Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.