Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve (4038 Views)

Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests / Any Nigerian Politician Who Watches Nigerians Starve During Lockdown Will Die... / Dino Melaye: Some Spend Money On Cocaine, Homosexuals But I Prefer Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by royal231(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Bounceboune7:
u are mentally slow
Someone defeated u hands down in your own arguement n instead of taking your L in peace u started d gibberish of paying bills n insulting his parent,is that what d discussion is about.

He brought out your candidate failure no cap n u changed d topic immediately,who care if u are bill gate?d point here is Peter obi failed big time as a governor n all he claimed as achievement were lies.

N for d guy foryourmindlol,it's obvious u think this is your village where u say anything u like n dumbos like u swallow it hook line n sinker.

Now the failure u support has been exposed n it's obvious tinubu administration as governor is triple time better than obi u make noise about so rest.

E never even reach campaign proper,them don dey shut u up here what if it's now time for real campaign where all aspirants bad records are digged out.

Obi is on a long thing

Oga what is failure.. What do you mean by failure..

Secondly which state are you from?

Peter Obi never failed as a governor despite the illegal impeachment that was met on him..
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Bounceboune7: 9:54am On Apr 13, 2022
royal231:

Oga what is failure.. What do you mean by failure..

Secondly which state are you from?

Peter Obi never failed as a governor despite the illegal impeachment that was met on him..

can u list his achievements as governor?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Golan007: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2022
trutharena:

Broke boy, we don’t give a bleep about you.

Stop projecting your poverty mindset and your insecurities. We are taking about politics, you started talking about bills. You get sense so?

Okay, I have a private jet and a private island in Ibiza. What do you have, let me laugh!

Guy is setting you up.

Next thing now he'll start taking pictures of dollars.
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Golan007: 10:05am On Apr 13, 2022
okpanachil:

Here is one who actually watched the program.Not all these people who to spite him airlifted just a sentence changed the contextual meaning and ran with it to town.

Suffer never tire some people.

Did you watch the I will make 1 Naira equal to 1 dollar video?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by drnoel: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2022
trutharena:
Under my watch not a Kobo will be borrowed for consumption, instead we all starve" ~ Peter Obi on Arise TV

Not a very effective way to sell oneself or his agenda but any wise person that wants the good of the country would understand him very well. Buhari and APC borrowed way too much and pushed Nigeria into debts that may not be repayable in a long time. Best way to go now is not to continue or tow that line with Tinubu.
Best way to go now is SAP which means Obi is right, starving is our way forward
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by CSTRR: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2022
He said there is a difference between borrowing for production and borrowing for consumption.

He said great countries around the world borrow for production.

He said tafawa balewa built the kainji dam on borrowed funds which is a sign of useful and productive borrowing.

He said under his watch there would be no borrowing for consumption.
Instead of consumption, let us all starve.

That is a great man on a mission to do the hard job of reform and nation building m

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by CSTRR: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2022
Bounceboune7:
can u list his achievements as governor?
Go to Twitter and search Peter obi.

You will see it there.

There is no need to keep asking the same question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by CSTRR: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2022
drnoel:

Not a very effective way to sell oneself or his agenda but any wise person that wants the good of the country would understand him very well. Buhari and APC borrowed way too much and pushed Nigeria into debts that may not be repayable in a long time. Best way to go now is not to continue or tow that line with Tinubu.
Best way to go now is SAP which means Obi is right, starving is our way forward
Peter obi is not here to tickle our ears with one naira=one dollar BS.

He categorically said it.
Everything is upside down. There is no money to share again.
They have stolen it all.

He is going there to do the difficult but needful job of reforming this country for our children unborn.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by CSTRR: 10:24am On Apr 13, 2022
If you have a small and medium scale business, then you have no business voting for anybody but Peter Obi.

Under Peter obi, Govt funds would be going directly to funding small and medium businesses and reducing their tax burden.

MSMEs are his passion.
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Noblechykk(m): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2022
Codeye:

LITTLE BOY? Do you know that in America when the pronoun BOY is use to address a well grown man it the same thing as calling the person SLAVE.
Now let's talk about HONESTY. No politician can ever be honest. There are reasons politics is tag A DIRTY GAME. Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians and that's a fact. You can't go on air to claim instead of borrowing that we should all die of hunger. There are country owing x10 of what Nigeria is currently owing make a proper research. In a country as wealth as Nigeria borrowing is NEVER a wrong policy is there are a well calculated plan on how to put the borrowed money to good use. In developed country borrow money was used to complete most of their capital projects and that's a fact. Take a good businessman for an example his/her businesses can't grow without borrow fund. Look at Dangote Leke-Epe refinery funded by borrowed fund just to mention few. Peter Obi have nothing upstairs these people as just fortunate to amass looted wealth not that they had extraordinary skills or are professional of anything.
Stop making a fool of yourself. Simple expression, you can't comprehend. Peter Obi has never been against borrowing. His argument has always been the purpose for which the money is borrowed. Go back and read the quote. He said, he can't borrow for consumption. Una matter dey tire person

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Contekbbc: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2022
Any plan to to add salt to our injury will not happen in Jesus' name.

Your family are the one that will starve,what a clueless slowpoke embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2022
Grgton:
Starving here doesn't literally mean denying food from a foodie man.. .

He's just trying to say he's not going to borrow to finance various pjts...
I just wonder the hateful comments you would have posted if this was from Buhari.

Chai na hypocrites plenty pass this Nairaland o! I’m no fan of Buhari or any of the intending ones, as it is obvious almost everyone in Nigeria is corrupt.

You guys are obviously not fighting for the best candidate but for tribes, money, etc Smh!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

I just wonder the hateful comments you would have posted if this was from Buhari.

Chai na hypocrites plenty pass this Nairaland o! I’m no fan of Buhari or any of the intending ones, as it is obvious almost everyone in Nigeria is corrupt.

You guys are obviously not fighting for the best candidate but for tribes, money, etc Smh!!!
my explanation wasn't tribe affiliated. .. I said what I understood by his statement "not borrowing
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by stanluiz(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Contekbbc:
Any plan to to add salt to our injury will not happen in Jesus' name.

Your family are the one that will starve,what a clueless slowpoke embarassed
All his saying is that he won't borrow money for consumption rather he will borrow money for production. He doesn't mean that people will starve to death. He means that the era of sharing the money has gone.

There is no money to share again. They will be accountability in his government and no money will be wasted.

Go and watch Peter obi interview interview in Arise and stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by stanluiz(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Abujaexpress:
It's better he doesn't campaign with this poor man talk
If you have watch his interview in Arise TV, You wouldn't have typed this rubbish.

Go and listen to his interview and you will understand he is going.
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by stanluiz(m): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
trutharena:

God bless you brother. It seems we still have intelligent people online.

Peter Obi just manufacture theories that cannot be easily backed with realistic facts. It’s a known fact that Nigeria currently generate less than her expenses and we are in deep financial wahala. Very deep one.

No government can continue to sustain this country as it currently stand without borrowing money. Yes, we must reduce borrowing limit and block leakages which a sensible president can do.

But before Nigeria can stand on her own and reduce her debt servicing and borrowing to a low limit, we have to put in work, increase output as a nation, create wealth internally, support SMES, industries, and etc. You need at least 4-8 years or more to achieve that SO a president that think he will just come with magic and suddenly stop everything within few months and stop borrowing is not only lying but delusional.

Even if they bring the most brilliant economist to govern Nigeria he will need at least 4 - 8 years before we can fully say our borrowing and debt servicing is at very minimum. Nigeria is currently faced with insecurities wasting billions of our money, we have vast millions in poverty and etc., no industries in that big scale, no electricity to power the economy instantly. So how the hell will Obi achieve el-dorado for the first few years without borrowing? Nigeria no be Anambra o.

It is just as Buhari said he will make $1 to 1naira.
Peter obi has always highlighted all this key points you mention.

Peter obi says that government has to reduce cost of government, borrow for production not consumption and empower SMEs to create wealth so as to reduce poverty and unemployment.

He did it when he was a governor. Go and watch his interview in Arise Tv and you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Contekbbc: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
It seams nairaland has known that Igbo is synonymous to (F-l-a-t-h-e-a-d)
You're a complete slowpoke for telling me I'm embarrassing myself when in actual sense you are the one embarrassing your generation

stanluiz:
All his saying is that he won't borrow money for consumption rather he will borrow money for production. He doesn't mean that people will starve to death. He means that the era of sharing the money has gone.

There is no money to share again. They will be accountability in his government and no money will be wasted.

Go and watch Peter obi interview interview in Arise and stop embarrassing yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Ikinternational: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2022
pquaver:

Is it not the same starvation Buhari told u, u have to go through Be4 the damages of pdp can be restored una say no.. If we did not agree to starvation under Bubu why should we under obi? Because he is Igbo we will just do it hook line and sinker. Is not projects Buhari is borrowing for? He should go and sit down joor

Simple question guy. This should not require multiple paragraphs
Since you people want to make it about Buhari.

Please name ONE business that Buhari built as a private citizen.

I'm not aware of any. But it's shocking to you Nigerians would not listen to him?

Buhari was never elected for his business acumen. It was for Law n Order

So I have no idea why you would expect Nigerians to react to Obi as they did Buhari.
They bring different skills to the table
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Grgton:
my explanation wasn't tribe affiliated. .. I said what I understood by his statement "not borrowing
Still wondering if you would have commented same if this was Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Donshegxy10(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
foryourmindlol:

The only governor in the history of Nigeria that left N75bn in state pockets when stepping down. Workers are paid, massive projects are completed and some going, yet he left the state with a huge amount of money including over 300bn he invested for the state in the stock market that yielded massive returns.

i must say i love the interview and i have always give obi kudos in the area of managing finance and spending.

But where i have issues is the massive project you quoted.

Please can you mention a few of them.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by stanluiz(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Peter obi is the only presidential aspirant that has the solution to the socio economic problems of Nigeria.

He has been saying it countless times that we must borrow for production and not consumption. Nigeria must reduce cost of government and block the loophole of mismanagement and wastage. He will empower SMES that will create wealth, reduce youths and make Nigeria a productive Nation.

This is to tell you a man that is good for the job. Not someone like Buhari and osibanjo that's say he will make 1 dollar to be 1 naira and his vice was sharing 5k as trader money and 30k as npower. That's rubbish and nonsense.

Peter obi is truthfull and realistic. He does not sugarcane words. They is no money to share again. That is the bitter truth. Nigeria have to the productive and creating wealth not sharing money thereby increasing poverty.

Most Nigerians don't like the truth. They will rather vote for those incompetent fools that share money and they will suffer for the rest of eight years.
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Ikinternational: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bounceboune7:
u are mentally slow
Someone defeated u hands down in your own arguement n instead of taking your L in peace u started d gibberish of paying bills n insulting his parent,is that what d discussion is about.

He brought out your candidate failure no cap n u changed d topic immediately,who care if u are bill gate?d point here is Peter obi failed big time as a governor n all he claimed as achievement were lies.

N for d guy foryourmindlol,it's obvious u think this is your village where u say anything u like n dumbos like u swallow it hook line n sinker.

Now the failure u support has been exposed n it's obvious tinubu administration as governor is triple time better than obi u make noise about so rest.

E never even reach campaign proper,them don dey shut u up here what if it's now time for real campaign where all aspirants bad records are digged out.

Obi is on a long thing

Just so I understand.
You thought so highly of a mentally slow man you wrote a novel for him to decipher?

Well I'm so slow I didn't bother reading that rubbish. Send to your favorite aunty abeg.
She might give a fvck
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Ikinternational: 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
slimghost:

Were you born this stupid son?. He said “instead of borrowing for consumption”. And he is very right!
Borrowing for consumption is the reason why we are here now.

Wtf?
So stupid all I can do is laugh

Reading n Comprehension can be really difficult . Sorry sir
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Ikinternational: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
Kr1ss216:

Oga sharrap and do what trutharena said,if Dem born your papa well accept em challenge.

See this lizard. Show me something. Anything
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Biafrareform(m): 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
Abujaexpress:
It's better he doesn't campaign with this poor man talk

Borrow for consumption. I hope u kbow what consumption means.

He said borrowing isn't bad, but what you do with the money you borrowed.
Rather than borrow to eat, let's all starve
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by trutharena: 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ikinternational:

Poor guy. Na the change wey your papa get be this wey dey make you tranga.

See below. Rich men no dey brag!

Modified: I don remove the image. I saw you in the thread viewers so I am sure you saw that. IK if them born you well, make any other noise on Nairaland! I told you where your own reach na there another person own start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Golan007: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Biafrareform:

Borrow for consumption. I hope u kbow what consumption means.

He said borrowing isn't bad, but what you do with the money you borrowed.
Rather than borrow to eat, let's all starve

When did Nigeria borrow to eat?
Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Golan007: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
trutharena:

Poor guy. Na the change wey your papa get be this wey dey make you tranga.

See below. Rich men no dey brag!

Ike would be seething now.

He'll have to go for his Bitcoin account.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by Golan007: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ikinternational:

How are you going to top that now?

I'm intrigued.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by trutharena: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ikinternational:

Broke boy. Na wetin you get be that wey you wan die?

I just want make you mention me make I delete. At least like that I will be sure your hands go don fall.

Broke rat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Rather Than Borrow Money As President, I Prefer All Nigerians Starve by iSpitonYourGrav: 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thanks for shutting that idiot braggart up cheesy
trutharena:

Broke boy. Na wetin you get be that wey you wan die?

I just want make you mention me make I delete. At elast like that I will be sure your hands go don fall.

Broke rat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Hoodlums Attack Convoy Of APC Presidential Candidate In Lagos State / Emefiele Gave His Campaign Vehicles To A Presidential Candidate After Failed Amb / Asari Dokubo Replies President Tinubu Over Ban On Ex-militants From Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.