Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? (1838 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Obi: Do Us All A Big Favour, Go And Never Come Back / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by gidgiddy: 10:10am On Apr 13, 2022
West1side:
I dare you to name the goods n services he paid for with the N250 million cash he was caught with. I have a reward of 50K for your if you can provide any veritable prove of such.

Keep your 50k. Do you know that the 250 million was investigated by the Police, the Anambra State Assembly and the Nigerian guild of editors, all whom found that Peter Obi did no wrong? Or you think you know more than them? But if you are looking for explanation read this:

That was really why the recent report that Governor Obi's aide was nabbed with N250 million in Lagos has refused to sink among unbiased people in the state.

Since the incident, Obi had been doing a lot of explanation. Last week, he was confronted by reporters over the issue and he gave details of what happened. The explanation ran thus: Following the increasing incidence of kidnapping and robbery in the state, the state government held a meeting with the heads of administration in the 21 local government areas on the best way to handle the situation.

During one of the meetings, they agreed to purchase two vehicles each for the police and another set of Kia Optima cars for local government liaison officers who would be monitoring government projects in their areas.

Each of the local governments chairmen then issued a cheque covering the amount for the car to be allocated to his council and a car dealer was contacted to make the purchase on their behalf. However, the dealer who was known to government decided to cash the money in Awka and joined the governors convoy going to Lagos.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/gov-obi-in-the-web-of-n250-million-controversy/amp/

I have my own issues with Peter Obi but lets stop accusing the man of what he did not do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by West1side: 10:37am On Apr 13, 2022
The same way Ganduje was investigated by EFCC, state assembly member, LGA chairmen, DSS, World bank, FBI KGB Interpol NAZI Hitler and was pronounced not guilty.

You are mad.

gidgiddy:

Keep your 50k. Do you know that the 250 million was investigated by the Police, the Anambra State Assembly and the Nigerian guild of editors, all whom found that Peter Obi did no wrong? Or you think you know more than them? But if you are looking for explanation read this:

That was really why the recent report that Governor Obi's aide was nabbed with N250 million in Lagos has refused to sink among unbiased people in the state.

Since the incident, Obi had been doing a lot of explanation. Last week, he was confronted by reporters over the issue and he gave details of what happened. The explanation ran thus: Following the increasing incidence of kidnapping and robbery in the state, the state government held a meeting with the heads of administration in the 21 local government areas on the best way to handle the situation.

During one of the meetings, they agreed to purchase two vehicles each for the police and another set of Kia Optima cars for local government liaison officers who would be monitoring government projects in their areas.

Each of the local governments chairmen then issued a cheque covering the amount for the car to be allocated to his council and a car dealer was contacted to make the purchase on their behalf. However, the dealer who was known to government decided to cash the money in Awka and joined the governors convoy going to Lagos.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/gov-obi-in-the-web-of-n250-million-controversy/amp/

I have my own issues with Peter Obi but lets stop accusing the man of what he did not do

2 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2022
Kingof2nations:

What did Bola Tinubu do that lingers up till today as Governor? That’s how you know a transformational leader. Tinubu has no grand vision. Pls let’s look elsewhere. No time for sentiment

The LIRS architecture is still a pace setter till today and many Governors and African nations are copying their template.

BRT, LAWMA, LASTMA, Rapid Response Squad and The Primary Healthcare Centers in every LCDA. Need I add upgrade of the General Hospitals? If I want to humiliate Obi, I will mention IGR multiplication which Obi failed woefully at.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by 9Pluto(m): 10:56am On Apr 13, 2022
Let me drop this here hopefully it will answer the question.

https://twitter.com/Chude__/status/1492158060911075331?s=20&t=GaPl-MLjGrI-JKIoJXcMKA
Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by bigpicture001: 11:12am On Apr 13, 2022
If u still drink hero beer.. he built that in collaboration with Anambra state govt annd San Miller if south Africa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by deji17: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

This is even more indicting. So he could not take the cheque to Lagos and deposit it in a bank? Moving state fund like an illiterate 2 x4 petty trader .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Bounceboune7: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Peter transformed the educational sector of Anambra till date they still have the best public school system in Nigeria

Same with their health sector

He implemented effective community policing that was very effective untill the ipob issue came in

Attracted massive investors to Anambra

These are the only sector a governor can have massive impact that's lasting and he did

Honestly no body is saying Peter Obi is the best in Nigeria ...but among those that have declared none is better than him simpl
which educational sector are u talking about?
Please enlighten us

Which health sector?doctors went on 13 months strike when obi was governor.

Which effective policing?someone that was shouting he will step down when touts threaten him,how about d case of akwuzu massacre?

Which audio investor are u talking about this guy?obiano debunked all lies told by obi

2 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by basilo101: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2022
Peter Obi focused mainly on grassroot development
Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Bounceboune7: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2022
gidgiddy:
Well ammost 10 years agi, he left his Predecessor a whopping 78 billion Naira. Thats probably closer 100 billion in today's money

If any of the present 36 Governors in Nigeria should leave their predecessors 100 billion, I will eat my spare tire
keep quiet

That was debunked by obiano n he was even asked on live tv he didn't talk about it,d most annoying thing with u Peter obi supporters is that u are full of lies,u lie a lot.

Which 75bn naira?

Trutharena please come n deal with this liar d same way u punish foryourmindlol with d truth

3 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Bounceboune7: 11:40am On Apr 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

He was caught with 250 million doing what? Stealing the money or paying for goods and services?
which goods n services was he paying for in raw cash?

1 Like

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Bounceboune7: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2022
West1side:
The same way Ganduje was investigated by EFCC, state assembly member, LGA chairmen, DSS, World bank, FBI KGB Interpol NAZI Hitler and was pronounced not guilty.

You are mad.

he's truly mad n confuse

He calls Nigeria a zoo n want biafra but also wants Peter obituary as President, no b craze b dat?

1 Like

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by TheNiceGuy(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2022
Oga take your time. Aregbesola is not Obi's mate in good Governance

This is why we clamour for a continum government.

Pic one. Bola Ige Mechatronics Institute.

2. RLG Adulawo (Phone/laptop making industry).

3. Omoluabi Garment Factory

4. Cocoa /chocolate industry.

I listed just four industries, I challenge you to also list four industry of Obi.

We're not talking about another sector, just industry
Frigga13:
Omatseye .. the Nation man grin

Tinubu dog.. ekukee.. bingo .. Wey Sabi bark

Oga you no go know till you get to the state

No be media noise and propaganda... used by Yoruba people to distract themselves

Mention one Yoruba Governor since 2015 and tell us their achievements

Mention on Yoruba Governor from 2007 to 2015 and mention their achievements

Mention one Yoruba Governor from 99 to 2007

Yoruba governors don’t work or do anything g for Yoruba people
Yoruba will used Lagos media noise to cover the imcompetence of their governors senators government officials

And then use submit and convention where they dress well , speak good English to confuse their tribe

Yoruba will prefer to spite his neighbor to feel than ask his home state what’s happening

Look at Ekiti State .. the Governor wn contest
Ogun State ..
Ondo..
Osun

All media noise .. Na who Dem dey decieve

And a Yoruba idiot is asking achievements of Peter Obi

So igbos are foolish .. to call Obi their candi ate
Na Yoruba now knows what’s good for igbos

Yoruba tribe must explain this obsession .. it deep rooted DNA matter ..

Igbos sef .. should to waking up to this people and their hatred

South south and southeast with plenty northerners residing and doing business in this places know what Peter Obi did ..

Yoruba man no Dey travel Na propaganda and noise
As them no see news ..

They believe nothing

1 Like

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by okpanachil: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
What legacy project is better than Human development especially education.

Folks like Omatseye will say anything for their principal Tinubu to win because in their minds building stadium, airport (with an opportunity to fleece the state of resources) is better than developing the human mind.

Obis educational project has seen the state move from 26th to 1st over this years.

Develping sectors like education is what benefits the commoners and not reclaiming land from the Atlantic. Those white elephant projects are for the bourgeois. Obi is seeking for ways to make the lives of the common man better,improve HDI and pull people out of poverty and not all this cronyism and paddy paddy government that we have become used to in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by gidgiddy: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bounceboune7:
keep quiet

That was debunked by obiano n he was even asked on live tv he didn't talk about it,d most annoying thing with u Peter obi supporters is that u are full of lies,u lie a lot.

Which 75bn naira?

Trutharena please come n deal with this liar d same way u punish foryourmindlol with d truth

So how did Obiano debunk it if Obiano did not talk about it?

2 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by trutharena: 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

First thing was to hand over school back to their mission owners so government handled their own schools

Next was effective funding ... normally money from ministry of education moved from FG -state -LGA - schools ...but he made it FG to schools straight ...

Each mission school or government school are given grants to run effectively with the states funding them ... and supervised by the school board made up of principles n mission school owners

This pushed Anambra ranked 20th when he came in to 1st when he left ...now Anambra and my imo have been draging 1st since in weac ,jamb and NECO performance u can research the performance ....

It's not about building infrastructure but it's about improving efficiency

Google about Anambra public schools and see how the policy is working

Nonsense Asiwaju was the first governor to hand over schools back to missions. Many other governors handed over schools back to mission after that including Peter Obi. So what’s now the noise about the guy? What they ask you is that what exactly is his developmental legacy that lasted till today? None.

Even his fake 70bn remained only 300m at the handover of Obiano.

Can you bring proof that Anambra was 20th position in NECO when Peter Obi became governor? Bring the ranking and if you can’t then you are a shameless liar like Obi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by trutharena: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
deji17:

This is even more indicting. So he could not take the cheque to Lagos and deposit it in a bank? Moving state fund like an illiterate 2 x4 petty trader .

That man is a compound thief.

How can a state government procure with cash secretely without informing the state house of assembly. When they caught his aide with cash, he now rushed to inform the state house by lying he wanted to use it to provide cars.

It’s just like Buhari making Garba carry 500 million $$ in cash and after he is caught, he now inform the senate that he’s trying to buy motorcycle for the police.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by trutharena: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

So how did Obiano debunk it if Obiano did not talk about it?

Here you go!

3 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Frigga13: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

I listed just four industries, I challenge you to also list four industry of Obi.

Just this four since over 27 years of democracy
The whole Yoruba land

Laugh at yoruba and appreciate igbos as Una senior when it comes to development

Obi transformed Anambra State

From where it was .. to wher is it .

You won’t understand as a Yoruba mAn

Or you haven’t notice I don’t drag with Yoruba or argue with them

Is a huge waste of time engaging Yoruba folks on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Donshegxy10(m): 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

The explanation ran thus: Following the increasing incidence of kidnapping and robbery in the state, the state government held a meeting with the heads of administration in the 21 local government areas on the best way to handle the situation.

Each of the local governments chairmen then issued a cheque covering the amount for the car to be allocated to his council and a car dealer was contacted to make the purchase on their behalf. However, the dealer who was known to government decided to cash the money in Awka and joined the governors convoy going to Lagos.[/i]

only a fool will believe this, how will a contractor withdraw 250m at once, in a time of cashless policy.

The BS is not flying.

1 Like

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by gidgiddy: 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Donshegxy10:

only a fool will believe this, how will a contractor withdraw 250m at once, in a time of cashless policy.

The BS is not flying.

This was almost 14 years ago

1 Like

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Peter Obi might not have done much as Gov, but of those that have declared he might be the better option.

It comes down to him / Osinbajo.

For the sake that SE must now preside, beside other reasons: I know Peter Obi should be the next President.

President-elect Obi. Next time Nigerians should offer someone better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by kilisi(m): 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Stop engaging that guy in an argument. He has a very low IQ and he will drag you to the mud. There are other more intelligent argument for Peter Obi's presidential ambition on this thread than that guy's incoherent nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by nzeobi(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Donshegxy10:

tinubu did many things that has been copied by the federal government and other states.

RRS, LIRS, lastma, lawma, creation of lcda's etc

The things you listed are things other States did without any noise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Donshegxy10(m): 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
nzeobi:

The things you listed are things other States did without any noise

no sir, that is why they call tinubu leader, all this things i mentioned, were started by asiwaju before other states start copying the model, the records are there for you AND NO ONE CAN DENY IT.
RESPECT THE MAN.

1 Like

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
Asgard cheesy

I hope you'll read and comprehend but was surprised angry

He transformed Anambra, agreed.

List just 4 legacies of Obi as The Anambra State Governor.

Just 4 legacy
Frigga13:

Just this four since over 27 years of democracy
The whole Yoruba land

Laugh at yoruba and appreciate igbos as Una senior when it comes to development

Obi transformed Anambra State

From where it was .. to wher is it .

You won’t understand as a Yoruba mAn

Or you haven’t notice I don’t drag with Yoruba or argue with them

Is a huge waste of time engaging Yoruba folks on Nairaland
Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Donshegxy10(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Asgard cheesy

Just 4 legacy

people that can not mention 1 thing, you are telling them to mention 4.

What obi did are normal dividents of democracy, nothing extraordinary.

His performance his below par.

It is just like a man feeding and paying the school fees of his children, that is what is expected, nothing special.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by jude79(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
West1side:

You are mad.

So why ask, when you have already formed your own opinion, somebody said that your type form opinion without leaving their enclave or doing sincere investigation, and here you are proving the person right, right in the same thread, wow
Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by 1867se: 12:19am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Asgard cheesy

Just 4 legacy
[/s]
Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by 1867s: 12:33am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:

[/s]
Re: What Did Peter Obi Do That Lingers Up Till Today As Governor? by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 14, 2022
Frigga13:

Look.. not everything you suppose give answer to a Yoruba man.

BecUse he will never understand.. he don’t travel and reason in a Yoruba way..different from other Nigerians .. reason why I always tell them .. Nigerians no Dey reason like Yoruba people .. they will argue with you on nothing and end up insulting you..

How do you tell people that will sit in iseyin Oyo State and analyze the whole country .. without leaving their immediate environment and will tell you what their media propaganda told them.. grin and will argue strongly.. grin. Na Yoruba be that.

Explain, talk, argue.. Yoruba don form their opinion .. grin and when you try to .. they go abuse you..

Omatseye.. Na since 2004 .. I know am for the Nation.
He’s a tribal bigot . Muric get sense pass the fool

You are supposed to give answers because Peter Obi needs the Yoruba man's votes including the Hausa man votes. How can you be relevant in national politics when you are not in good terms with people you will need their votes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Departs Spain And Arrives Abuja (PHOTOS) / Opinion - Why Is Peter Obi Living In The Southwest? / Tinubu Supporters Caught Impersonating Obidient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.