Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun (1268 Views)

kite-flyers: When Was The Last Time You Saw This In Your Area? / The̶̲̥̅̊ Very 1st Time I Was Banned On N/L; Sordid Feeling. / How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by nanaboi(m): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
This thread is 4 young peeps abeg. Preferably untrained shooters, not like some armed forces person who's trained 2 weild guns.

Try 2 remember the very first time.
What gun was it?

Where was it?

Y did u shoot?

What did u shoot @?

How did it feel? - I really need the answer 2 this one.

You might as well call it a research, this thing I'm  I'm doing.

I don't know how apt this thread is here. Seun, pls help me if it's not appropriate.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by BOLAPE(f): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2007
I've never fire a gun in my life and i don't pray to do so ,no matter the circumstances on ground,so i can't really answer your question.i am sorry about that.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by Digiman(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2007
What are you doing shooting ? are you a member of a shooting club, do you have a license for the weapon you are handling ?

Any way the first couple of things that strike you are the recoil and how loud it is shocked, and oh yeah its not easy to get your taget without aiming properly, its worlds apart from the stuff you see in movies.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by BABEELOVE(f): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2007
Well, the thread is really for young people--so off I go----------------------------------- lipsrsealed
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 11, 2007
I've never fired a firearm, nor do I intend to. undecided

Why this particular topic?
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by nanaboi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2007
Well like I said, it's some sort of research I'm doing

Truth is I'm trying 2 write a story about a young guy caught in the campus violence web. And I have what u might call a writer's block - run out of inspiration/ the right descriptions.

So anything u say here about a gun will help, especially if u're a graduate/undergraduate of a Nigerian university, or u've been in any state similar 2 the one I've mentioned.

your target need not even have been human.
Digiman:

Any way the first couple of things that strike you are the recoil and how loud it is shocked, and oh yeah its not easy to get your taget without aiming properly, its worlds apart from the stuff you see in movies.

Thank u a lot 4 this response. It's brief but will help a zillion
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by Aroro(m): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2007
First time I fired a bull-dog was in the bush during jolly. It gave me all the insurance I needed to do what I had to do to make it through university in one piece.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by BlackMamba(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2007
cool
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by nanaboi(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2007
@ Aroro
U 4got 2 describe how it felt

And goin' by ur name, let me guess - the jungle was an iceland, right?

@ BlackMamba

U how far now?
Man, u guyz shud say something.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by rossy4life(f): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2007
I've never touched a gun in my life, but I'm looking forward to it, if I end up joining the military next year
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by marvostica(m): 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2007
this topic is shit,
Are trying to catch criminals or breed them? Cos l know is far different 4rm other western countries of the world where the use of guns are legalize.
We dont even have a legal gun shop so for ur research, l dont think this is the right place,u can go and ask the milgtary men,police and armed rubbers l believe u will have more than enough of what u are looking for
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by abelix(m): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2007
na wah o
i thing the guy used to be a frat boy, guns are for real a 6 year old boy in my area whose father is in the military ,shot and killed his younger brother 2 weeks ago .pls do not start a nonsensical thread like this
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by nanaboi(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2007
abelix:

a 6 year old boy in my area whose father is in the military ,shot and killed his younger brother 2 weeks ago

He wud have been very useful 2 my quest, only I'm sure it must be too traumatic 2 try even if I knew how 2 get him.

If I shud ask a military guy or anybody in the force, they're likely 2 lecuture me about some field/ training/ shooting @ a target. No that's not wat I need.

I need some1 who didn't do it the good/ lawful way with no consequences.

4 instance, I know of a young man who had a pomp buthad neva fired all his life till one night when thieves assailed his compound.
He had his younger brothers make a lot of noise 4 him so it wud seem as tho there were many guys in the house, then he fired twice.

He got so scared he ran and hid afta firing, but the thieves had run too - they weren't hardened armed robbers sha.

So u get my drift? I need 2 know how accidental first-timers like that felt, that's all.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2007

LOL, I was going to reply, but since you specifically said. this is not for trained Armed Forces, I'll keep my weapon training out of it. haha

peace,

Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by nanaboi(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ SwtNsoFLyy
I appreciate ur contribution.
On a second thought, could u tell me about ur weapon training? Even if just a little. @ this dark point, every bit of info is deemed divine.
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by nanaboi(m): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2007
I really hope someone else will drop a line here to help
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by creamdream: 12:17am On Feb 16, 2008
it was cool and wet too, i was 3 year old, it was a water pistol!! grin
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by vegangains: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
Tool, parts, rounds I got you holla me jamiluadama7@gmail.com
Re: Very 1st Time You Fired A Gun by Laverneitchel: 12:53pm On Apr 01
Laser target practice offers a safe and convenient way to hone your shooting skills from the comfort of your own home. Unlike traditional target practice, it eliminates the need for live ammunition, making it a cost-effective option. With a laser training system, you can utilize a laser cartridge in your firearm and a special target that registers the laser's impact. This allows you to focus on fundamentals like proper grip, sight alignment, and trigger control, all in a safe environment. Many laser target practice systems even offer apps that track your progress and provide feedback on your technique. Overall, laser target practice is a valuable tool for beginners and experienced shooters alike, looking to improve their marksmanship.

(1) (Reply)

Sos, Heeeeeelp! Casualisation In Mega Plaza Shopping Mall / What Is D Shameful Moment Dat U Never 4get In Ur Life ? / Okada Illegal Levy Collection: Dtha Identifies Perpetrators, May Prosecute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.