Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G (662 Views)

Kingibe To Wike: You Do Not Have Executive Powers As Minister / I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti / Blame Osinbajo & Tinubu For Power Staying In The North - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Joylove2324(f): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
I am completely neutral and currently not rooting for any candidate. I must however explain the way power is exercised in Abuja, given my experience as CBN Deputy Gov for 10 years.
The Economic Council that the VP chairs does not exercise any power on the economy. The composition is: VP, HMF, HMP, SGF, State Govs and may be 1 or 2 other ministers. All they discuss is how to share excess crude etc. Their recommendations are still subject to the President or FED approval.
The second constitutional role is to chair National Council of Privatization. Again all actions are still subject to the approval of the President one way or the other.

The truth is that Ministers ( or even non ministers) who have access to the President are by far more powerful than the VP. Oba kii pe meji laafin, ijoye le pe mefa laafin. The Chief of Staff to the President in my view is by far more powerful than the VP.

All I am saying is that no one should hold PYO responsible for what is perceived as the inadequacies of the past 7 years.

— Tunde Lemo, former Deputy Governor, CBN

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by DitariDisciple2: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ijaw Republic our home.Ijaws being the 4th largest tribe and having a population of over 10 percent of Nigeria deserves 2 more states and more LGAs for Bayelsa state.
Bayelsa state is bigger than 10 Nigerian states and have over 550 villages and settlements but are so marginalized in times of LGAs.
Forget that lie population figure in book that many falsify.
The truth remains.
All Nigeria's offshore oil go with Ijaw Republic because we are the ones sharing borders with the whole ocean.

Ijaw produces over 90 percent of all Nigeria's crude oil but were unjustly balkanized into Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States when all Ijaw areas are fully together and are not scattered by God.
The Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization is asking the Nigerian system to restore us to none balkanized by creating Toru-Ebe State (for Ijaws of Ondo, Edo, Delta), Oil Rivers State (for Ijaws of Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States and increase Bayelsa LGAs to the proper number as it is in other States.
These states are economically viable.

Failure to do this, we are going to take full militant actions in every way so as to leave Nigeria and go for Ijaw Republic.
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by inioluwa03: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
The office of the Vice President is an office that doesn't have a full power to do anything without approval from office of the president.

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by tamdun: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Only illiterates that wake their parents with shaolin kick will blame osinbajo, we still remember how Mr president said everything should pass tru his chief of staff abba kyari....

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Ebubeslym(m): 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Shalaye.....

But the mantra during campaigns in 2015 was Osinbajo will handle the economy while General Buhari will handle security.

Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by tamdun: 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
inioluwa03:
The office of the Vice President is an office that doesn't have a full power to do anything without approval from office of the president.
We still remember how mr president said everything should pass tru his chief of staff.....
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by MadamExcellency: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
But he has more Executive Power than Nnamdi Azikiwe had.
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by okefranci: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
There's a capacity to which the office of the vice president of Nigeria can handle so nobody can blame his ,we should follow the constitution
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Opolopoopolonio: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you sir

A piggiddioott is still fuming in the mouth as if APC fulfilled all their campaign promises.
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by ufuosman(m): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
No doubt Osibanjo may have good things to offer bt base on what baba has done to naija it will be very difficult for many people to give him dere support

Education is LIGHT
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Eriokanmi: 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good point sir. The few days buhari gave him that power and left for the UK, Nigerians didn't want Buhari to return soon due to the way Osinbajo was running the government that time. I remember him sacking the former DSS boss who also hails from same town with Buhari. His name is Daura. This didn't go down well with the cabals and they advised that buhari shouldn't transmit power to osinbajo anymore and he stopped for a long time.

The cabals feared Osinbajo would become more popular than Buhari and their nyansh would be let open. No single terrorist attack was recorded that time he was acting as president. How people forget things easily.

My worry is on my fellow yorubas....

I can see the way igbos and other tribes always support and defend their own, good or bad on the social media and in the physical. Ohaneze, soludo and other leaders in the region were always appealing to buhari to consider the release of Nnamdi Kanu while our people kept quiet on igboho, the man who came out to do what the so called intelligent amongst us have failed to do, the man who killed nobody.

It's election period again and our people are beginning to pull themselves down...una no dey shame? When they mention Osinbajo, the next thing you'd hear is RCCG. They've brought religion into it as usual. All una alliance with fulani all these while, where has it led you? Other tribes kept calling us names, even trying to divide us along religious lines calling some yoruba Muslims, yoruba Christians but I pretended as if it wasn't true. Now I'm seeing it clearly.

Be it tinubu or Osinbajo, does it matter? Would they become Muslim president or Christian president? When Afenifere endorsed Tinubu ahead of 1999 elections instead of Funsho Williams, was religion seen as a factor then? From the rank and file of Afenifere, the population of Christians outweighed that of Muslim. Even in Lagos, Christians are the dominant. Did we not vote Tinubu, a Muslim candidate ? What of Fashola? Had same Tinubu not betrayed afrnifere by leaving them to form another party, all would have been well with him today because instead of the afrnifere looking the other way today, they'd have put his matter on their heads today. Now would have been his turn but buhari will shock him. I'm not even certain if Osinbajo too would sail through because buhari can't be trusted .

My point is, yoruba ęję ka ronu. Religious bigotey and smear campaigns won't lead us anywhere. Nigeria first before your religion or ethnicity. Even if we break up today, we will still have religious issues to come to terms with. I think we should learn to tolerate each other. All the malams we're playing allegiance to have their way of disowning us when it comes to power sharing. My take...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Racoon(m): 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
This line is stale as he ought to have resigned from the beginning having seen how the cabal over shadowed the govt right @ the beginning. But he so much loved power that he lost his honour if he has any.

VP Osinbajo is completely tied to the gross failures of the disastrous Buhari government as it was a joint ticket. Any silly attempt to exonerate him is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by limeta(f): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
At least you can say something
Even if it leads to your sack or been forced to resign
You hang out with evil people only to say Christ is lord makes you a good person.

Buhari will handle insecurity
Osinbajo will handle the economy
Where is all that talk today ?

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Wilson2013(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is a sad reality. Unfortunately, I completely agree with his submission. The position of the VP is the most inconsequential office at the presidency
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by Treasure17(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
And he can't resign to redeem what's left of his integrity? All these excuses are inconsequential at this point. Like it or not Osibanjo is part of Buhari's story and we can't disassociate him from that.
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by TheRareGem1(f): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
I think history and a subject that will enable young Nigerians to know their Constitution (like upgraded social studies kind of subject) should be included into basic educational curriculum. Because most Nigerians don't know the constitutional roles of president, vice President, senate President, house of rep speaker, governor, deputy governor, chairman down to counselor.
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by ChoCho54(f): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
tamdun:
Only illiterates that wake their parents with shaolin kick will blame osinbajo, we still remember how Mr president said everything should pass tru his chief of staff abba kyari....
When we told you lots that osunbande was only a figure head in Aso rock, you all denied it and loved to bandy stories of how buhari Loved him like a son. Wailer oshi! grin
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by ChoCho54(f): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
TheRareGem1:
I think history and a subject that will enable young Nigerians to know their Constitution (like upgraded social studies kind of subject) should be included into basic educational curriculum. Because most Nigerians don't know the constitutional roles of president, vice President, senate President, house of rep speaker, governor, deputy governor, chairman down to counselor.
Oh puleeeeese!

Who said these words?

Buhari will handle security
Osunbande will handle economy.
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by tamdun: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChoCho54:
When we told you lots that osunbande was only a figure head in Aso rock, you all denied it and loved to bandy stories of how buhari Loved him like a son. Wailer oshi! grin
Every vice president from atiku to Jonathan and sambo were figurehead, na that namadi sambo own even worst past...
Re: Don't Blame Osinbajo For Govt Inadequacies, He Has No Executive Powers- Ex-cbn G by SIMONEKPA7: 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
So it is now people realized that Buhari is a failure.

(1) (Reply)

2023: “they Have No Single Respect” – Orji Kalu Attacks Tinubu, Wike, Others / How Can I Vote For Peter Obi? Someone Who Was Once Impeached As A Governor? / ICYMI : Totori Mi More As Reno Omokri Opens Up On Tinubu Winning The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.