Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. (816 Views)

How To Go From Zero To Trading Million Of Naira With Nfts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by Ebube98(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
In 1500, Leonardo Da Vinci created a masterpiece of a painting.

In 2016, it was sold for $450m . After a heated auction. Making it the most expensive artwork ever sold.

In 2022, I downloaded a high definition copy of the same artwork for... FREE!

See... Humans just have this love for ownership of original things. Especially when the resources are there to buy them.

Growing up, and even till now. One thing I hated so much was stumbling upon someone wearing the same kind of T-shirt or dress I own. I would likely not wear that dress ever again.

I fit even curse the person wey I buy am from.

This... is what drives the sale of rare art all over the world. This is the idea behind NFT.

I have a picture of Da Vinci's paintings, I could even print it or use it as a wallpaper. But... I can't brag with it.

I can't proudly show it off to visitors that I bought it for almost half a billion dollars. It's fake. Damn fake and it just like any other colored image on the internet.

But you see as I dey, if I should buy an artwork for N1m , my neighbors won't hear the last of it.

When you take a picture, or you record some piece of music (a rendition or something) and convert it into an NFT.

First you would have to upload it as a file shaa.

It is marked with a unique ID . A unique electronic certificate of ownership is created and whenever someone buys that NFT, the person's name is imprinted on the certificate, as the bona fide owner of the artwork.

Okay... Let's make it clearer. If you own a BVN, NIN or Account Number. You're an NFT.

Yeah, you're a Non-Fungible Token of the Government or the banks.

That ID is yours and it is unique. It identifies you as a citizen or a bank customer. Forever.

So how do you mint an NFT. It's quite easy. Get your NFT ready. It could be an image, a video, an EBook, a URL address or audio.

Check the first comment, I included a short video guide to help you mint.

But there's an important thing you need to know. This is NOT like your favorite ponzi platforms. It is not a get rich quick scheme.

It involves more than just uploading pictures you took the last time you were "Assaaaad"�. You will SELL. You will promote your work.

You will need to put in efforts building a community. You would have to prove the worth of whatever NFT you're selling.

Otherwise, your NFT go dey there till the platform it is listed on gets tired and kicks it out. �

Your NFT needs to have a story or inspire stories in people's heads. It involves a lot of creativity to sell those stuffs.

The idea is to sell that item in it's origin form, the NFT part comes in to being a touch of the latest trend.

Anyway, I sha dun run go mint my own NFT. Don't bother asking, the picture isn't original but it is backed up by a story. �‍♂️

Recently, I discovered some untold truths around the misrepresentation of some deities in Yoruba and Igbo folklore.

Few weeks ago I checked out a few things around the deity "Ekwensu" - originally the god of mischief and illusions. The Greek equivalent is Arés.

But that's a story for some other day.

I've already minted my NFT around the myth of the deity and I've added it to my "African Griot" collections.

I just need make person just buy one. I go quit coding ASAP. Declare to run for presidency.�

Smart move! �

6 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by Vicky2k(m): 10:07am On Apr 15, 2022
Quite an interesting read but of all the NFTs you want to Mint, i wonder why you chose Ekwensu. Anyway, just keep us updated with the developments and discoveries you make along the way
Re: What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by qtguru(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2022
Greater Fool Theory that's how I see the NFT

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by Karleb(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2022
Bitcoin started this way. Some people are even selling their pictures as NFT.
Re: What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by folake4u(f): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2022
Interesting.
Re: What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by WhizdomXX(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ebube98:
In 1500, Leonardo Da Vinci created a masterpiece of a painting.

In 2016, it was sold for $450m . After a heated auction. Making it the most expensive artwork ever sold.

In 2022, I downloaded a high definition copy of the same artwork for... FREE!

See... Humans just have this love for ownership of original things. Especially when the resources are there to buy them.

Growing up, and even till now. One thing I hated so much was stumbling upon someone wearing the same kind of T-shirt or dress I own. I would likely not wear that dress ever again.

I fit even curse the person wey I buy am from.

This... is what drives the sale of rare art all over the world. This is the idea behind NFT.

I have a picture of Da Vinci's paintings, I could even print it or use it as a wallpaper. But... I can't brag with it.

I can't proudly show it off to visitors that I bought it for almost half a billion dollars. It's fake. Damn fake and it just like any other colored image on the internet.

But you see as I dey, if I should buy an artwork for N1m , my neighbors won't hear the last of it.

When you take a picture, or you record some piece of music (a rendition or something) and convert it into an NFT.

First you would have to upload it as a file shaa.

It is marked with a unique ID . A unique electronic certificate of ownership is created and whenever someone buys that NFT, the person's name is imprinted on the certificate, as the bona fide owner of the artwork.

Okay... Let's make it clearer. If you own a BVN, NIN or Account Number. You're an NFT.

Yeah, you're a Non-Fungible Token of the Government or the banks.

That ID is yours and it is unique. It identifies you as a citizen or a bank customer. Forever.

So how do you mint an NFT. It's quite easy. Get your NFT ready. It could be an image, a video, an EBook, a URL address or audio.

Check the first comment, I included a short video guide to help you mint.

But there's an important thing you need to know. This is NOT like your favorite ponzi platforms. It is not a get rich quick scheme.

It involves more than just uploading pictures you took the last time you were "Assaaaad"�. You will SELL. You will promote your work.

You will need to put in efforts building a community. You would have to prove the worth of whatever NFT you're selling.

Otherwise, your NFT go dey there till the platform it is listed on gets tired and kicks it out. �

Your NFT needs to have a story or inspire stories in people's heads. It involves a lot of creativity to sell those stuffs.

The idea is to sell that item in it's origin form, the NFT part comes in to being a touch of the latest trend.

Anyway, I sha dun run go mint my own NFT. Don't bother asking, the picture isn't original but it is backed up by a story. �‍♂️

Recently, I discovered some untold truths around the misrepresentation of some deities in Yoruba and Igbo folklore.

Few weeks ago I checked out a few things around the deity "Ekwensu" - originally the god of mischief and illusions. The Greek equivalent is Arés.

But that's a story for some other day.

I've already minted my NFT around the myth of the deity and I've added it to my "African Griot" collections.

I just need make person just buy one. I go quit coding ASAP. Declare to run for presidency.�

Smart move! �

Good morning Ebube98, just wanted to know, is minting free?
Re: What You Need To Know About Nfts As A Nigerian. by Ebube98(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Good morning Ebube98, just wanted to know, is minting free?

Yes it is. This video teaches you how to mint you NFT for free and with your smartphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyKnqzgpOvE

(1) (Reply)

Help � / Graceful Degradation On Non Javascript Enabled Browsers - Must We Do This? / I Am Due For 6 Months It & Have Passion For Programming. Any One With Info On Firms Located In O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.