Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence (769 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Iyke1998(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Way to go girl! The social awareness is on! A society that has refused to train the male child properly would be welcomed by the monsters it created nonchalantly.

Read her reason for calling off the wedding below.

Hello Guys!!!

I never wanted to bring this here but I have to, I am a type of person who likes to keep my relationship away from social media but this is for clarification purposes.

This was my secondary school classmate who I thought I knew to an extent. On December 28, 2020 he did the 1st and 2nd stage in my family marriage list which bride price happened to be on the 2nd stage which he paid. After he paid my bride price he started maltreating me.

2021 was hell for me that at some point I left home, after everything we settled around November 2021 which he promised he will never beat me again. But still nothing CHANGED.

This is my reason why I am CALLING OFF the Traditional Marriage (Igba Ngwu) and White Wedding ceremony between me and DAVID OKIKE OFF. (Beating me was not part of the agreement in our Marriage)

This Saturday should have been my traditional and white wedding ceremony day.... I supposed to be happy but I am not.

For couple of months now I have been going through a lot.

I have been in a TOXIC RELATIONSHIP for OVER a YEAR now.. I am aware that this may be a shock to many people, especially people from my Home Town. My supposed husband HIT and ABUSE me in any slightest provocation, just small misunderstanding without minding what condition I am into.

Because I have chosen ME and I will not live my entire life facing DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. My supposed husband is full of RAGE, BEATING me with his Belt, Stick, Broom is his DAILY ROUTINE, Many a times he had lifted his hammer � on me and this Monday last week just because of little misunderstanding he beat me mercilessly and on the process of it he rushed into his mother's kitchen for a cutlass, when I noticed he's going for a weapon I locked the door behind him which he forcefully opened, both his mother and Sisters and some neighbors were begging him not to cut me with the cutlass ... With all these things and more I am fed up.

I AM CALLING OFF THE WEDDING AND TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE (IGBA NGWU) BETWEEN ME AND DAVID OKIKE that supposed to hold on this Saturday 16th, April 2022.

Please to my family and friends I am so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you ��

But I will not end up with a man who always promise that if I didn't kill him, that he will kill me.

I am still suffering from unstoppable headache I sustained from the head injury he gave me 3 weeks ago.

The "bride price paid" will be Returned in due time.

Please Respect my choices. Thanks and God bless you all.

©ADA UBURU

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by rickpat(m): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2022
STRONG,RIGHT AND BOLD STEP.
CONGRATS!!

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by peetay(m): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2022
That's a bold decision and her family and friends must support her emotionally going forward. She needs them now.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by ImaIma1(f): 12:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Way to go!

No man owns you. You have an obligation first to yourself. Violent men should start getting the memo that women will no longer take such nonsense in the name of marriage.

It has nothing to do with FEMINISM or lack of submission by today's woman. Enlightenment brings sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Kobojunkie: 1:56am On Apr 14, 2022
Iyke1998:
I am still suffering from unstoppable headache I sustained from the head injury he gave me 3 weeks ago.

The "bride price paid" will be Returned in due time.

Please Respect my choices. Thanks and God bless you all.

©ADA UBURU
So why return the "bride price"? He suppose to pay for damages inflicted on your body and psyche abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 3:57am On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So why return the "bride price"? He suppose to pay for damages inflicted on your body and psyche abeg. undecided

In Igboland, returning the "bride price" by the woman's family signifies the end of the marital union. She may choose to legally pursue the case of battering by the man.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Maxymilliano(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2022
Please make them remember to refund Asoebi people their money too tongue
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by emmanuelbrown26: 9:02am On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
U hv started again, why won't she return d bride price?
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Richy4(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2022
Very smart woman....It's not a do or die affairs..If she dies in the process of getting hooked with a boxer, she will not be there to explain to the judge what transpired between them
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Ifyjos(f): 10:44am On Apr 14, 2022
A big congratulations to her for this great victory.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Kobojunkie: 11:45am On Apr 14, 2022
Mindlog:
In Igboland, returning the "bride price" by the woman's family signifies the end of the marital union. She may choose to legally pursue the case of battering by the man.
Money na money ooo! undecided

So far as the man owe her for damages and injury, she suppose use part of that "bride price" first cover am, she can refund whatever is left to him and his family. undecided

According to her, there was no marital union but a mere relationship so no marriage agreement between them ever. undecided
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Money na money ooo! undecided

So far as the man owe her for damages and injury, she suppose use part of that "bride price" first cover am, she can refund whatever is left to him and his family. undecided

According to her, there was no marital union but a mere relationship so no marriage agreement between them ever. undecided

"On December 28, 2020 he did the 1st and 2nd stage in my family marriage list which bride price happened to be on the 2nd stage which he paid. After he paid my bride price he started maltreating me"....Once bride price has been paid, by tradition they are married.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Mindlog:
"On December 28, 2020 he did the 1st and 2nd stage in my family marriage list which bride price happened to be on the 2nd stage which he paid. After he paid my bride price he started maltreating me"....Once bride price has been paid, by tradition they are married.
Fortunately, the lady here does not seem to think much of the tradition since she doesn't believe herself married to the man in question. She instead believes marriage happens after the actual traditional wedding ceremony has taken place. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Nnamz(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Fortunately, the lady here does not seem to think much of the tradition since she doesn't believe herself married to the man in question. She instead believes marriage happens after the actual traditional wedding ceremony has taken place. undecided
Are you saying she should have stayed with the man?
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Apr 15, 2022
Nnamz:
Are you saying she should have stayed with the man?
Ofcourse not! Instead what I was saying is she take out cost of damages and hospital bills before refunding whatever is left over of the bride price that was paid by the man for her. undecided

All that panel beating he done give her na for free? She should take cost out of the bride price naw!undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Victoria938(f): 4:09am On Apr 15, 2022
You just did the right thing my dear, your life is more important than the so called marriage.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by kelechiodo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ofcourse not! Instead what I was saying is she take out cost of damages and hospital bills before refunding whatever is left over of the bride price that was paid by the man for her!undecided

Oh, you have to understand that the bride price must be accepted by the inlaws before it is deemed returned. You cannot just unilaterally return any amount you feel like returning or you want to send it to government welfare board.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
kelechiodo:
Oh, you have to understand that the bride price must be accepted by the inlaws before it is deemed returned. You cannot just unilaterally return any amount you feel like returning or you want to send it to government welfare board.
I don't subscribe nor do I care about your traditions and your explanations for them. I care more about the individual here whose rights were violated by her ex. undecided

It makes sense that she extract damages and suffering before she refunds the rest. If he has a complaint, he can take it up with the law where he can go and explain why he laid hands on her to begin with. lipsrsealed
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by KanwuliaExtra: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
This one for be another “Osina-EKWENSU”! grin
Any woman that is abusive LEARNED from the SICK men in their lives. Men are the CHIEF CULPRITS when it comes to abusive personalities.

CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE?
Tufiaaaaaaaaakwa!!!! cry

Marry a pastor?
The WORST of all SEXUAL, EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSERS!

Cold, callous, mean-spirited, sadististic and narcissistic.

One of the many reasons I LOATHE Christianity.

You can NEVER find ONE that acts like CHRIST!

Only to swindle and brainwash people that are lost in the deepest parts of spiritual forests! grin

I cannot understand what kind of “God” they claim to worship.

Only a “God” like them of course.

I don’t want to speak evil of any dead, especially where the dead has paid the ultimate price in the realm of MIND-CONTROL.

How can a woman HAVE 4 CHILDREN with a BEAST? ? ?

This OSINACHI woman ehn? shocked
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by kelechiodo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't subscribe nor do I care about your traditions and your explanations for them.

It makes sense that she extract damages and suffering before she refunds the rest.
The funny part in what you are saying is that in Igbo land, the actual bride price is usually small. It hovers between 20-30 thousand naira which may not even be enough to treat her. So the ideal thing is to return the dowry and handle the battering as a different matter.
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
kelechiodo:

The funny part in what you are saying is that in Igbo land, the actual bride price is usually small. It hovers between 20-30 thousand naira which may not even be enough to treat her. So the ideal thing is to return the dowry and handle the battering as a different matter.
She don't gotta return it just because it is a small amount. Just bill him for whatever else the amount does not cover and take him to court if he refuses to pay the rest. undecided
Re: Lady Calls Off Wedding Over Domestic Violence by KanwuliaExtra: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Who marries a man with a face like dis? shocked
His pehnis go wor wor die!
Shegey! cry

Dis na FIRST-CLASS DEMON ke.

What da heeeeeeehhhhl is wrong with women?

Desperation!

(1) (Reply)

Moment Osinachi Nwachukwu's Body Arrived Her Hometown For Burial / So Women Do Lie To Their Husbands / Understanding why you react the way you do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.