Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

- Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / (1277 Views)

To Avoid SARS And NPF Harassment.. See What I Did To My Phone / Now That Airtel Did Like Mtn, Night Plan Now 250 Mb For #25, Instead 500mb / I Asked Him For An Iphone8 And Look At What He Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
I registered my Airtel line with my details some years go. It's a 3G SIM. Whenever I call people, they say they hear a certain noise. In bought a new phone because of this, but the issue persisted.

Almost everyone complains of this, so I decided to do a welcomeback and convert it to a 4G SIM.

Unfortunately, when the lady retrieving it for me requested for my NIN to see if the name I registered it with is the same as my real name, she found something different — Musa Adamu.

I asked her if there is a solution to change it to my name, she said no. I was almost depressed.

I started imagining the burden of changing my number in all the banks and all the places I have used it. That's a lot of work.

I decided to buy a new Airtel, MTN, and Glo.

As I was leaving, she called me and asked if I still have the line I wanted to retrieve and I said yes.

"Okay, it will work," she said. "They will send you an OTP and we'll use it to re-register and after 2 months of usage, you should come back to do the welcomeback."

So, that's it. The lesson there is, some of the lines we bought back then were pre-registered, but the sellers will pretend as if they are doing a new registration for you. Nah! It's lie.

What I want you to do to know your line is truly registered with your name is to go to any SIM registration center and pretend as if you want to retrieve your line.

They'll check your number to see if the name matches with the one your NIN bears. A lot of people's SIMs are not with their names.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: by youngsum(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ohh sorry oo you're lucky that's how I lost my sim but na normal thing sha, they're heartless they can send som1 to jail
Re: by youngsum(m): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
I registered my Airtel line with my details some years go. It's a 3G SIM. Whenever I call people, they say they hear a certain noise.

Almost everyone complains of this, so I decided to do a welcomeback and convert it to a 4G SIM.

Unfortunately, when the lady retrieving it for my requested for my NIN to see if the name I registered it with is the same as my real name, she found something different — Musa Adamu.

I asked her if there is a solution to change it to my name, she said no. I was almost depressed.

I started imagining the burden of changing my number in all the banks and all the places I have used it. That's a lot of work.

As I was leaving, she called me and asked if I still have the line I want to retrieve and I said yes.

"Okay, it will work," she said. "They will send you an OTP and we'll use it to re-register and after 2 months, you should come back to do the welcomeback."

So, that's it. The lesson there is, some of the lines we bought back then were pre-registered, but the sellers will pretend as if they are doing a new registration for you. Nah! It's lie.

What I want you to do to know your line is truly registered with your name is to go to any SIM registration center and pretend as if you want to retrieve your line.

They'll check your number to see if the name matches with the one your NIN bears. A lot of people's SIMs are not with their names.

why did you stop using your old account that you are known for?
Re: by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
This post is just a notice to everyone to go check the name that appears in their SIM when they registered it.

Most of the SIMs were pre-registered and the capturing they did when you bought it were mostly fake. Be sure to avoid being accused falsely.

3 Likes

Re: by dawnomike(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2022
That's naija for you
Re: by muyico(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Same thing happen 2 me but PORT to mtn immediately.now airtel number but mtn netwrk
Re: by Ay04z(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
Just download all diz network app... And check ur name on dem...

1 Like

Re: by majesticguy: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
iLegenddNoReply:
I registered my Airtel line with my details some years go. It's a 3G SIM. Whenever I call people, they say they hear a certain noise. In bought a new phone because of this, but the issue persisted.

Unfortunately, when the lady retrieving it for me requested for my NIN to see if the name I registered it with is the same as my real name, she found something different — Musa Adamu.

As I was leaving, she called me and asked if I still have the line I wanted to retrieve and I said yes.

"Okay, it will work," she said. "They will send you an OTP and we'll use it to re-register and after 2 months of usage, you should come back to do the welcomeback."

Honestly, it's a very ugly experience. Mine was my 3 MTN lines. They were all registered to 3 different John Doe. I went to their office to Port from 3g to 4g and during the process 3 different John Doe popped up. I eventually rectified mine during the process.
Re: by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
This is Nigeria lol,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: by Hotdiamond(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
Currently facing the same issue.
My airtel SIM got damaged. So i went to get it back. Lo and behold it isn't my name. I've been using this SIM for more than 8 years.

Since i still have my SIM pack, the airtel guys there is a high possibility of getting it back.
I'll have to spend almost 5k doing that.

This sim has is attached to my banks, my 2factor auth etc.
I have to visit all my banks one by one to change this sh*t

Talk more of those who know me by that number.

At this point all i can say is...

WTF.

1 Like

Re: by Deenillah(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
You can save yourself the trouble of going down to these registration centers.

All you need is the mobile app of your network provider.

Open it, input your mobile number and you're done.

Every information regarding that line will be found on that app.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2022
As suggested above, with Airtel, you can check with the app. No need to go to any registration center.

4 Likes

Re: by ipobarecriminals: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
angry E nor go better/it shall never be well with Pantami

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Know The Model Of This TECNO Phone. / How Fast Charging Works And Phones With Fastest Charging. / Try This Bank That Pays You For Every Deposit Everyday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.