Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Men Also Cry!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Also Cry!!! (1376 Views)

Nagging- Men Also Nag / Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Also Cry!!! by Omokowa(m): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
MEN HAVE PAINS TOO
A woman said to me, 'It took me years to really know that men cry too. I took my husband for a super human. I see him leave the house everyday and come back providing for us. One day as I have left the house and he was at home, I remembered that I needed to take something along, I turned back and headed home. As I got home, I tried going through the back door which was closer to the window of our room. I heard my husband crying like a baby asking God to help me get a job so I can help him fend for the family. He has never complained to me before but that day, I broke down in tears realizing that my husband has held much of his pains alone"
A young married lady went to her mother and complained that her husband has not always bought things she wanted from him. The mother asked her, 'How many of those things have you bought for yourself?". She stayed quiet and said, 'But he is my husband?". The mother replied her, 'Have you ever found out the things your husband wants you to buy for him?".
Men always try to hide their pains.
Men can be financially broke and pretend to have everything.
Most men are married but they have lonely life. Sometimes, ask your husband out. Men are not always busy as women think.
You have to understand that your husband has pains and needs too. Don't judge him by things you want from him. Sometimes, your husband doesn't have things you want.
Men also have emotional needs and problems. Men still cry for love...

7 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Kriss216: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Men can be financially broke and pretend to have everything
That's me. All my neighbours think I'm a billionaire. cheesy

One Nigerian girl billed me 300K last week. I was shocked. Was wondering the part of my lifestyle that made her think I have 300k to waste on a fish brain!

6 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Richy4(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
I like your post OP... But so u know, a lot of us don't pretend anymore... We kind of speak out nowadays... The era of suffering and smiling has passed.. it's a new dawn smiley
It doesn't matter if one is living a lowlife or a highlife... As long as you are living your life to the fullest...Cry, smile, laugh in your relationship.. all are emotions as long as you are not faking it to please your spouse...

7 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Ahmed0336(m): 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
I only pretend to live below my means. I don't show off because it is not necessary.

Make nobody quote me abeg, I don't have money tongue

2 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Klass99(f): 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
cool

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by emmanuelbrown26: 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
Watch out as this thread go dey dry like dry crayfish. U won't see ladies commenting on this thread, u won't see ladies being objective, if it's not favourable, that means that thing is nonsense and u want me to believe on such specie?
Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Jeon(f): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
I THOUGHT MEN ARE ROBOTS, I THOUGHT THEY LACK THAT SALTY LIQUID PRODUCED IN THE LACRIMAL GLANDS THAT COMES OUT OF THE EYES ...

SILLY ME,
DAMN

SO THEY HAVE EMOTIONS .
SO THEY ARE NOT MADE-UP OF ROCK..

h........mmmmmm

WHAT A NEW PHILOSOPHY.

10 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Richy4(m): 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
Klass99:

Ahn ahn Richy, did you not receive the memo that men are not emotional just logical? Some forum men will have us believe only we are emotional, but of course we know better tongue.

There is nothing new in the original post that most of us (sensible women) didn't know already, the real surprise for me, is how majority of you (men) like to carry on as if you are not made of flesh and blood, and you are incapable of tears or showing real emotion.

Always acting macho, claiming logical and forming voltron up and down the place, but in reality what most of you want is to love and be loved, to be touched, held and cuddled.

Make una dey fool una selves there, when e choke you either communicate your needs or quench. Either way, we move. No time for grown men who don't know how to ask for what they need.
smiley smiley
Some of us are just cool and collected though deep down, the pain is so unbearable... it's safe to say some hides their emotions better than others.. And unfortunately for me, I don't know how to hide my emotions... My family will only look at my face and they can tell when I'm sad.. Even in my place of work, I'm always cheerful but some times it's not really easy...

It will take a lot to make me cry though...The last time I cried, I was 11.. the first day I set my foot in boarding school... The school was serving Amala and dry Okro soup for dinner.. I have never seen Amala before, nor ever tasted dry Okro...I walked out of the dinning Hall in a dignified manner with hot tears as I was imagining what my siblings were eating at that time... That was my last cry... It's memorable grin

If they say men don't cry, it might be true because many are extremely good in hiding emotions not that they don't feel pains .. trust me we all do...

6 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by RightToReject(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2022
Klass99:

Ahn ahn Richy, did you not receive the memo that men are not emotional just logical? Some forum men will have us believe only we are emotional, but of course we know better tongue.

There is nothing new in the original post that most of us (sensible women) didn't know already, the real surprise for me, is how majority of you (men) like to carry on as if you are not made of flesh and blood, and you are incapable of tears or showing real emotion.

Always acting macho, claiming logical, forming redpill and voltron up and down the place, when in reality what most of you want is to love and be loved, to be touched, held and cuddled.

Make una dey fool una selves there, when e choke you either communicate your needs or quench. Either way, we move. No time for grown men who don't know how to ask for what they need.

Stop saying trash and taking direct or indirect swipes at men always. As much as I do not hold brief for any wannabe woke man and person, the fact remains that to be disposed to emotional expression is different from living on emotion. On the latter - living on emotion - women are accustomed to it, while men are accustomed to living on logic. Of course, there is always an exception.

On the former - to be disposed to emotional expression - however, which is what the thread is all about, any man (or woman), no matter how seemingly hard of soft he appears, who does not exhibit it where and when necessary and expected is simply a pretender who masks his real self with a disingenuous demeanor and will always have a penchant for living in regret, constant crying in secret, and meting out treacherous and pernicious acts in general, especially when least expected.

By the way, on this "most of us (sensible women)," I wonder who gave you the impression that you are sensible, lol.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
RightToReject:

Stop saying trash and taking direct or indirect swipes at men always. As much as I do not hold brief for any wannabe woke man and person, the fact remains that to be disposed to emotional expression is different from living on emotion. On the latter - living on emotion - women are accustomed to it, while men are accustomed to living on logic. Of course, there is always an exception.

On the former - to be disposed to emotional expression - however, which is what the thread is all about, any man (or woman), no matter how seemingly hard of soft he appears, who does not exhibit it where and when necessary and expected is simply a pretender who masks his real self with a disingenuous demeanor and will always have a penchant for living in regret, constant crying in secret, and meting out treacherous and pernicious acts in general, especially when least expected.

By the way, on this "most of us (sensible women)," I wonder who gave you the impression that you are sensible, lol.

[/s]

How far your bend-down boutique business? Hope you don't chase away customers with your dictionary induced grammar or you only show your word cramming talent here?

You love fight mister man, when everyone has forgotten someone like you exists, you come out of nowhere to exchange words with yourself, be calming down, if you lack drama in your life, fight with the walls around you now tongue

Klass99 it's been a while, been seeing your mentions, was on ban so I couldn't reply.... but now I'm back....for more trouble seeking as usual kiss

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Klass99(f): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
cool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Richy4(m): 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

How far your bend-down boutique business? Hope you don't chase away customers with your dictionary induced grammar or you only show your word cramming talent here?

You love fight mister man, when everyone has forgotten someone like you exists, you come out of nowhere to exchange words with yourself, be calming down, if you lack drama in your life, fight with the walls around you now tongue

Klass99 it's been a while, been seeing your mentions, was on ban so I couldn't reply.... but now I'm back....for more trouble seeking as usual kiss

cheesy cheesy cheesy
How was your cool off period? And they have to lift your ban on a Holyweek? grin

6 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
RightToReject:

Lol, nonsense woman. It has been a while. Meanwhile, without disrespect to people who are engaged "in bend-down boutique business," only in your wildest dreams would I be involved in such.

In fact, you have just validated the universal assertion that women are accustomed to live on emotion, lol.

Oga me and you know say your job no pass market square, no dey argue

And you just replied me with emotions na, abi your aggressive reply is not an emotion, "cam dan" nobody is e-fighting with you, learn to accept and counter comments without insults either subtle or direct, e no hard.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Klass99(f): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
Klass99:

JJ cheesy,

It has indeed been a while, I was wondering what happened to you?

A ban never even crossed my mind, I thought you were taking an intentional break from NL. You are back from a ban and curting another one, abi? grin How have you been? What plans do you have for Easter?

I saw that mention of me and the first thought that came to my mind was - if you throw stones at every dog that barks at you, you may never reach your destination. Like Ebuka said, ignore a troll e dey pain.

Easter plans are with my family, no energy to travel anywhere, time away from this place was not that bad to be honest, it was necessary

But my being back is to ignore some trolls and bully some to Oblivion, but I get you, some are not worth the time and energy

Enjoy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
Richy4:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
How was your cool off period? And they have to lift your ban on a Holyweek? grin

cheesy it was heavenly, they had to lift my ban out of respect for Jesus' death, this place was becoming boring really and in need vawulence....mind provoking ones tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
Klass99:

Lol grin That was an upper cut and knock out blow, in boxing terms.

I come in peace grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Klass99(f): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
RightToReject:

The fact that you did not counter my post with fact but rather chose a side because I told a bitter truth to a female moniker is what it means to live on emotion; thus, my mention of it in the last paragraph. My post did not connote that I live on emotion instead it connotes my disposition to emotional expression. Calm down and learn something, woman.

Lord(let me sweeten your -2 ego small)

You dey shalaye, nobody will beat you if you let your guard down, your stiffness no necessary at all, na online we dey....but let me rest here...we live to argue another day....till then.....adios man.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by faithfull18(f): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
Before, shey he cried at birth grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by JovialJune(f): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
Klass99:

Oh yes, I enjoyed reading your posts and thanks girl for sticking it to a troll and bully, he ran away with his tail tucked between his legs.

kiss

8 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Acidosis(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
Men cry for the right reasons. cool
Re: Men Also Cry!!! by akmath: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
OP nice piece I must confess. But the problem most times is that African men don't really know what they want. You don't marry a woman that doesn't have a job and expect miracles to happen overnight. Those whose wives are jobless complain about them not contributing financially at home and those whose wives are working and contributing financially at home complain that their wives don't do house chores.

If you want a house wife be ready to provide the money for the running of the home .

And if you want a working class wife be ready to assist her in doing some house chores. And if enough money is flowing in from both ends then get house helps.

3 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by postmann: 7:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wimpish!

There's an ongoing campaign at demystifying men, bridging the gender gap on the emotional, psychological, mental and physiological levels.

Real men don't cry. Doesn't matter how few they are left in a world where balls are now surgically modified to be holes.

Omokowa:
MEN HAVE PAINS TOO
A woman said to me, 'It took me years to really know that men cry too. I took my husband for a super human. I see him leave the house everyday and come back providing for us. One day as I have left the house and he was at home, I remembered that I needed to take something along, I turned back and headed home. As I got home, I tried going through the back door which was closer to the window of our room. I heard my husband crying like a baby asking God to help me get a job so I can help him fend for the family. He has never complained to me before but that day, I broke down in tears realizing that my husband has held much of his pains alone"
A young married lady went to her mother and complained that her husband has not always bought things she wanted from him. The mother asked her, 'How many of those things have you bought for yourself?". She stayed quiet and said, 'But he is my husband?". The mother replied her, 'Have you ever found out the things your husband wants you to buy for him?".
Most men are married but they have lonely life. Sometimes, ask your husband out. Men are not always busy as women think.
You have to understand that your husband has pains and needs too. Don't judge him by things you want from him. Sometimes, your husband doesn't have things you want.
Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
I don't lie about my pain to my woman. In fact I broke down and cried in front of her the day I heard my boss and mentor at work for the last 9 years died. Na she comfort me and if I broke I tell her hoha I no get money, no playing super hero when I don't have.

Omokowa:
MEN HAVE PAINS TOO

2 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by cococandy(f): 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
Framed:
No playing super hero when I don't have.

Perfect. There’s need for a balance. There are times to be strong and be the hero and there are time to be vulnerable and let yourself be taken care of. It’s just human.

4 Likes

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by cococandy(f): 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
postmann:
Wimpish!

There's an ongoing campaign at demystifying men, bridging the gender gap on the emotional, psychological, mental and physiological levels.

Men are not mysterious. Just human

Things like this are why men have a higher successful suicide rate than women.
Also the reason why young boys will die before they talk about their sexual assault at the hands of older men and women. Because they feel they can’t be seen as weak. Whereas it’s nothing to do with weakness.

#thepartriarchyhurtsmentoo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Also Cry!!! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
cococandy:

Perfect. There’s need to for a balance. There are times to be strong and be the hero and there are time to be vulnerable and let yourself be taken care of. It’s just human.

Correct. I agree. The first man who went blind on my street where our family house is, was told by the doctor that part of his problem was caused by holding back tears over many years. Doctor said tears is a cleansing therapy for the eyes. I no shame that day the news hit me hard, grateful for my girl as well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Marriage End Up On The Ground Of Childlessness? / Why Do Nigerians Get Triggered When You Ask What Someone Does For A Living / Please, How Can I Remove Rust Iron Stain From White Clothes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.