Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU (1022 Views)

Kwara Muslim Parents Protest Against Rejection Of Hijab-Wearing Students / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. / ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2022

Reject the UTAS and the strike continues, ASUU warns.

Details below!!!

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, Lagos Zone, has warned that the National Information Technology Development Agency’s rejection of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution will prolong the strike. The strike will not be called off until the government resolves the adoption of UTAS, … Read more

https://www.pentweb.org.ng/ASUU-strike-rejection-of-utas-will-elongate-strike-ASUU/
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Livesimple: 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 15, 2022
Tiamiy10000:

Details below!!!

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, Lagos Zone, has warned that the National Information Technology Development Agency’s rejection of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution will prolong the strike. The strike will not be called off until the government resolves the adoption of UTAS, … Read more

https://www.pentweb.org.ng/ASUU-strike-rejection-of-utas-will-elongate-strike-ASUU/
lol. I don't know why the federal government has refused to implement UTAS. UTAS is a very reliable and transparent system.

Well, it is evident that the government isn't concerned about the educational sector at all. This is why i urge all students to utilize this period to acquire a skill because the country is becoming so uncomfortable and even the employed are seeking other alternative sources of income.

I have always recommended affiliate marketing,as it is what i'm also into and i have not regretted venturing into it. Check my signature if you wish to know more about affilate marketing.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 5:21am On Apr 15, 2022
Leonardoshawn3:
lol. I don't know why the federal government has refused to implement UTAS. UTAS is a very reliable and transparent system.

Well, it is evident that the government isn't concerned about the educational sector at all. This is why i urge all students to utilize this period to acquire a skill because the country is becoming so uncomfortable and even the employed are seeking other alternative sources of income.

I have always recommended affiliate marketing,as it is what i'm also into and i have not regretted venturing into it. Check my signature if you wish to know more about affilate marketing.
You've said it all!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 5:30am On Apr 15, 2022
Catfishsuplayya:
Can one ever finish from a government owned University in this country and not experience at least 2 different strikes??
Well,,only if one happens to graduate before 2022 at the University of ilorin! �

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by JavaScript90: 8:04am On Apr 15, 2022
I thought federal government have already accepted utas? This government is not serious at all

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2022
JavaScript90:
I thought federal government have already accepted utas? This government is not serious at all
They are still reviewing it. Even NITDA is trying to render it useless, hence the warning! Those people are a joke!
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by emorse(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2022
It's hard for me to fault the government on this one. All other government workers are under the IPPIS so why should university lecturers be different. I understand that they have proposed UTAS, but why? What functions can UTAS serve that is not being served by IPPIS?

ASUU's insistence smells really fishy and going by their antecedents, I can easily conclude that they have anterior motives. They're not so different from the government they're against.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
emorse:
It's hard for me to fault the government on this one. All other government workers are under the IPPIS so why should university lecturers be different. I understand that they have proposed UTAS, but why? What functions can UTAS serve that is not being served by IPPIS?

ASUU's insistence smells really fishy and going by their antecedents, I can easily conclude that they have anterior motives. They're not so different from the government they're against.
Hmmm!!! This is true!! ASUU did claim the IPPIS was unsuccessful which I don't believe!
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2022
I don't trust this ASUU again!!! undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejection Of UTAS Will Elongate Strike – ASUU by Tiamiy10000: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2022
ASUU Strike: Rejection of UTAS will elongate strike – ASUU

Details below!!!

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, Lagos Zone, has warned that the National Information Technology Development Agency’s rejection of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution will prolong the strike.

The strike will not be called off until the government resolves the adoption of UTAS, implements the renegotiated agreement, and pays all unpaid allowances, according to the union.

The coordinator of ASUU Lagos Zone, Adelaja Odukoya, stated that the UTAS suggested by the union passed the test and quality assurance requirements, scoring 99.3 percent when he was speaking at a press event conducted at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, on Tuesday.

The refusal, according to Odukoya, was an attempt to play politics with public universities.

He claimed that the NITDA’s statement criticizing the union’s efforts on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution is incorrect and a deliberate attempt to mislead the public.

He urged Nigerians to join the union in fighting for their rights.

“We, however, wish to draw the attention of all concerned to the National Information Technology and Development Agency’s deliberate misinformation and disinformation of the public on the state of the integrity test and the government’s adoption of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution,” he said.

“If the government allows itself to be mislead and misdirected by the NITDA officials’ administrative incompetence, the NITDA spokesperson’s statements have the potential to deliberately prolong the ongoing strike action. In that case, our union sees it as the pinnacle of indifference to the condition of universities, including staff, students, and the country as a whole.

“However, it is the considered opinion of our union that in executing our patriotic duty as Nigerian Academics and the intellectual conscience of the Nigerian state, we owe the Nigerian people the onerous burden of giving the truth.”

As a result, ASUU is urging the Nigerian public to summon the Director-General of the Nigerian Institute of Technology Development Authority (NITDA) to order on the basis of integrity, not to play politics or vendetta with the future of Nigeria and our public universities, which are national treasures and collective patrimony of all Nigerian citizens. We are confident that the NITDA DG is just interested in carrying out the smear campaign against a Minister whose professional fraud was exposed by our union.

“The current strike action will not be suspended until the government addresses the adoption of UTAS, implements the renegotiated agreement, pays all outstanding allowances without prejudice to the $1 million donation to Afghanistan, and addresses all other issues contained in the Memorandum of Action signed with our Union,” says ASUU.

More News >> https://www.pentweb.org.ng/category/education-news/

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Priscilla Sitienei World’s Oldest Primary School Pupil Dies At 99 Years / Lantern Book Six Quantitative And Verbal Reasoning Solutions / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.