Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting (884 Views)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Godblessyou4321: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2022
how do I tell my boss I want to quit, not that she's a bad person, she's kind and appreciative of how I do her work, and she doesn't hide it
she would be sad I'm leaving because she's been making some plans along with me in it and all.....i 've been postponing telling her,now i have to tell soon......I'm kind of a short of words quite person though I know when to take my stand on my part and interests....i really don't what to say to her, how to table it down...blablaba...help me please nairalanders
Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Ahmed0336(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2022
You just have to tell her.
Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Mryacks: 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
Godblessyou4321:
how do I tell my boss I want to quit, not that she's a bad person, she's kind and appreciative of how I do her work, and she doesn't hide it
she would be sad I'm leaving because she's been making some plans along with me in it and all.....i 've been postponing telling her,now i have to tell soon......I'm kind of a short of words quite person though I know when to take my stand on my part and interests....i really don't what to say to her, how to table it down...blablaba...help me please nairalanders

Pls move if that's what is best for you. I can tell you from a personal experience that considering them (bosses) and staying back just cause you believe they will feel some type of way or that they making 'plans' with you in need is something you might come to regret later

5 Likes

Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Richy4(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
Please tell her so that she can get a good replacement ASAP.. it could be that u could even help in training the new intake before you disappear....
If u really like her do it for her so that she won't get frustrated...

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by sisisioge: 2:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hmmmm....what does your company's policy prescribe? Just go and meet her and tell her how wonderful she has been to you and how much you appreciate her leadership, then tell her that an opportunity you have been longing for for your career growth has presented itself and you would like to take it. Give her a notice period and assure her that you will happily ease the process of handover to someone else she employs to take your position. Also assure her that you would continue to do your job diligently while there and would continually be an ambassador of her brand.

On the flip side, be ready to be possibly excluded and disliked by her o. Most owner managed companies can't handle voluntary disengagement. Good luck buddy.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Pacesetter2021: 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2022
When working for someone, maintaining professionalism is important. Do a letter, giving one month's notice, that you will be moving on with other career options. Thank her profusely and put full stop.

That letter/email will be binding incase she denies that you didn't tell her or that
She won't pay you your last pay.

Keep things professional
Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Richy4(m): 2:50pm On Apr 15, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm....what does your company's policy prescribe? Just go and meet her and tell her how wonderful she has been to you and how much you appreciate her leadership, then tell her that an opportunity you have been longing for for your career growth has presented itself and you would like to take it. Give her a notice period and assure her that you will happily ease the process of handover to someone else she employs to take your position. Also assure her that you would continue to do your job diligently while there and would continually be an ambassador of her brand.

On the flip side, be ready to be possibly excluded and disliked by her o. Most owner managed companies can't handle voluntary disengagement. Good luck buddy.

Please don't tell me you are one of the Human Resources managers... some that I know are not human and they lack resources cheesy
Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by sisisioge: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
Richy4:

Please don't tell me you are one of the Human Resources managers... some that I know are not human and they lack resources cheesy

grin grin grin grin

Haba! Today's practitioners are waking to the fact that people are the new oil o....hence they must be treated right grin....especially with the current talent drain naija is facing, humanity is coming on strong to people management o.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Hamachi(f): 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2022
Godblessyou4321:
Be man and tell her one man business don't give a Bleep about you, and when they have the chance to throw you under the bus they will not hesitate.
Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by mhizace: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2022
oh my goodness!! same here, but my boss was robbed recently on her way to their village, I don't know how to break the news that I want to quit, but I'm considering her condition right now,
Re: I Can't Tell My Boss I'm Quitting by Truvelisback(m): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
Godblessyou4321:
I hope u have gotten another nice job? This is because, getting a good job and a nice Boss is really, really hard in Naija. Na odd jobs and toxic Boss plenty pass.

(1) (Reply)

I WROTE A REFERENCE LETTER FOR MY FRIEND'S BROTHER AND THIS IS HAPPENING NOW! / Common Issues Associated With Faithful Wifes / Few Months Used LG AIR CONDITIONERS And LG HOME THEATRE For Sale @cheap Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.