Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally (438 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by DanielAlhassan(m): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
Is it possible to love your children equally

This issue is currently causing problem were am living

A family of two girls and a boy

Seems like the parents are showing more love to the male child and the female one are not playing or socializing with the male child

Sometimes there parents have to force them to be with their brother
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Mariangeles(f): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2022
Only foolish parents openly show favouritism to a particular child among others.
No one child(is perfect) has it all.
Every child is special in their own way and deserve to be loved by their parents.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2022
many people show love differently, depending on the sex of the child... dont automatically assume that because parent act differently, it means they dont love these children just the same. i act differently with my daughters than with my sons.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Mindlog: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
DanielAlhassan:

Seems like the parents are showing more love to the male child and the female one are not playing or socializing with the male child

They openly show more love to the boy and still expect his sisters to easily bond with him? Let them continue with the sibling rivalry
they are nurturing ....hope they will be alive to harvest the fruits.

Parents should learn how to balance it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by akeem0706514(m): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
Yes, it Is very possible,if none of the children look like you angry. But if one look like you carbon copy it will be difficult. My opinion though.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by habsydiamond(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
It's not possible.. Most don't make it visible for others to see. Once the children are exposed to the truth maybe through the action of the parents, there will be trouble if not war in that family
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Kriss216: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
Show love to your children regardless of their gender.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by LoveNbeloved(f): 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by gaby(m): 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
Impossible....

And it's very difficult to hide this fact from the kids.

We are 10 siblings and no matter how hard my parents try to be neutral or show affection for us all equally, they most times do not know when they cross the line of favoritism.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by KiNg0G: 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
gaby:
Impossible....

And it's very difficult to hide this fact from the kids.

We are 10 siblings and no matter how hard my parents try to be neutral or show affection for us all equally, they most times do not know when they cross the line of favoritism.

10, that's some huge number.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
akeem0706514:
Yes, it Is very possible,if none of the children look like you angry. But if one look like you carbon copy it will be difficult. My opinion though.
lol. I'm carbon copy of my mum. Infact people mistake us for twins. But I'm not her favorite undecided

So your notion is void.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by dacblogger: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
My 2nd son is my hubby's exact carbon copy...
Whenever he looks at him. It's as if he is staring at himself In a mirror and I can see the love in his eyes...
No matter how much he tries to hide it. I know he loves him even more than he loves me sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by LordKO(m): 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
The ambiguity of love notwithstanding, yes, it is possible to love your children equally, but it is quite difficult, if not impossible, to wittingly or unwittingly show them love equally.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Hamachi(f): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
Those poor children will grow up with a complex because one of their parents made sure they had low self esteem on account of preference. Please do this, every month put some money away so that your children can access psychotherapy later in life. They will need it.

This is how young girls seek love in the wrong places and end up with men who mistreat them because they are looking for love they never got at home.
Your child knows you love them less and that is so so sad.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by akeem0706514(m): 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
Descottes:
lol. I'm carbon copy of my mum. Infact people mistake us for twins. But I'm not her favorite undecided

So your notion is void.
So sorry....may be you're a witch that's is why she don't like you grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
akeem0706514:

So sorry....may be you're a witch that's is why she don't like you grin
I'm sorry you're too dumb to understand. So I'll leave it here smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by akeem0706514(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Descottes:
I'm sorry you're too dumb to understand. So I'll leave it here smiley
I'm really sorry for provoking you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by Pacesetter2021: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hamachi:
Those poor children will grow up with a complex because one of their parents made sure they had low self esteem on account of preference. Please do this, every month put some money away so that your children can access psychotherapy later in life. They will need it.

This is how young girls seek love in the wrong places and end up with men who mistreat them because they are looking for love they never got at home.
Your child knows you love them less and that is so so sad.
flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally by frozen70(f): 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
DanielAlhassan:

I'm their own case, because he is the only son, the parents are just being over protective of him so that he won't be feeling not having a brother

As for the girls they love them too but show much affection on the boy

In an idle family as a parent you have to love them equally to get the best in them

(1) (Reply)

Which Way To Go? / Nigerian Used V6 Toyota Highlander 2003 For Sale -1.6M / Courtesy Visit To Hrh Obi Joshephine Nwannabogwu The Omu Of Ibusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.