Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,991 members, 7,845,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) (42493 Views)

First Commercial Vessel Berths At Lekki Port Ahead Of Buhari’s Commissioning / NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by CHAQUR: 5:06am On Apr 16, 2022
Half loaded cargo ship for Amaechi's campaign ba...?
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by Gbajure(m): 5:16am On Apr 16, 2022
Ayo8:
How is this news..?? Container vessels have been berthing at Onne for as long as I can remember

Btw… it’s a big shame to us as a country with our high level on unemployment rate to still be importing agricultural products like Cashew nut, sesame seed etc

No patience to read and digest. Where was it stated that cashew etc were imported?
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by iko123: 5:16am On Apr 16, 2022
Amaechi just remembered that he came from Rivers State. Can someone tell me what he has brought to South South or River State prior to his presidential declaration.
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by oebson(m): 5:34am On Apr 16, 2022
How is this news, bikonu?..
Few years back, the biggest ship in the world berthed at One port, and it was applauded.
Everyone thought such feat was the beginning of the revival of vessel traffic to that port, but nothing of such was heard. Not untill now, that a medium sized ship came in, and the failures are jiggling in their gross mess, while Lagos port is allowed to be sufforcated by excessive vessel traffic, despite having other ports spread across the South-south region, to decongest and handle even more capacity than that of Lagos.
They just don't want the South-south states with ports to thrive, yet they'd comman be shouting "one Nigeria" my foot��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by oebson(m): 5:37am On Apr 16, 2022
How is this news, bikini?..
Few years back, the biggest ship in the world berthed in One port, and it was applauded.
Everyone thought such feat was the beginning of the revival of vessel traffic to that port, but nothing of such was heard. Not untill now that a medium sized ship came in, and the failures are jiggling in their gross mess, while Lagos port is allowed to be sufforcated by excessive vessel traffic, despite having other ports, spread across the South-south regions, to decongest and handle even more capacity than that of Lagos.
They just don't want the South-south states with ports to thrive, yet they'd comman be shouting "one Nigeria" my foot��
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by Emir01: 6:18am On Apr 16, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
PH is just bearing the name 'port city', whilst Lagos handles nearly 100% of all port operations in Nigeria. Shame of a disjointed country, concentrating all its wealth in two cities - Abuja and Lagos, whilst the rest wallow in poverty, penury and unemployment.

Lazy comment. Who stop other states from building a port? Other states too can create opportunities. Criticise your state governor for not been proactive and dull. Lagos will soon lunch another port in Lekki while starting another one in Badagry.
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by maxzzo1(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2022
Houseofglam7:
It’s a port right?
How’s a vessel berthing at a port news
I wonder ,nebi small moreover during lock down that same Port berthed one of d largest dat has entered any port in Nigeria hope Ameachi and Dakuku dey see.....https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/409114-largest-container-vessel-on-nigerian-water-berths-at-onne-port-npa.html

1 Like

Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by donbenie(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2022
Houseofglam7:
It’s a port right?
How’s a vessel berthing at a port news
Because it has not been doing so for God knows when..
The shithole we live in.. shocked
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by WhizdomXX(m): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
Graysons:
because of onne Port? grin
Yes now. Don't you know that if you leave Buhari, he'll find a way to make that container berth in

Katsina.
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
donbenie:
Because it has not been doing so for God knows when..
The shithole we live in.. shocked

Lol
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by shidof(m): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2022
fred04:

Very intelligent.
Some believe that there something special about lagos.
Aba and onitsha have the biggest markets in Nigeria as a result of Onne and Warri ports. Let them continue with the agenda
una don start una useless chest beating again. How many people even dey stay for the whole South East. Aba and Onitsha market kor, nnewi market ni
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by Raalsalghul: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
Naptu2, I know they're trying to decongest Lagos and Tin can ports.

However, using "just one" vessel berthing at Tin Can in my own opinion is not enough to illustrate improved traffic activity there.

There are other metrics I would have like to see like for example: how many TEUs were discharged, exports/empties loaded, vessel turn around time etc.

Maybe, there is something I don't know.
Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by ArewaNorth: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
May that be the beginning of an end.

They should diverted at least 40% traffic to the East.
Nigeria is the 4th largest producer of sesame in the world. Jigawa produces sesame that can match current industrial demands but poor patronage forced thousands tons of sesame to be transported to Malaysia annually from Maigatari in Jigawa state.

1 Like

Re: Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) by Obagofixxy: 9:57am On May 02, 2022
fashrola:

2nd frame: The third person (With helmet) he's a marine pilot, He was responsible for directing the captain of the big vessel where to pass and berthed the vessel successful under his command
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Muslims Blast Tinubu For Calling Allah 'Father' (Video) / Fashola, Segun Oni, Amaechi, Ezekwesili, Danbazzau May Make Buhari’s Cabinet. / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.