Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? (404 Views)

What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? / Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2022

Jesus Christ Himself called Himself the Son of God.

After He healed the man who was born blind, He asked the man whether he believed in the Son of God. When the man asked who was the Son of God, Jesus Christ confirmed He was the one.

Even Apostle Peter acknowledged before Jesus Christ that he and other disciples believed that Jesus Christ was the Son of God.

Son of God does not mean that God had intercourse with Mary in order to born Jesus Christ, as one religion like insinuating.

As Christians, we know that Jesus Christ has been the Son of God before He was born on the Earth.

He existed with God His Father before the world was created. He was the Son of God before the world was created.

Everything was created except Jesus Christ.

He is the only thing that was not created.

HE WAS BEGOTTEN, NOT CREATED.

As in, God spoke whatever He wanted and it came into existence. That is what's called creation.

As for Jesus Christ, God brought Him out from His own self. That's what is called "Begotten"

Jesus Christ was begotten, but not created. Just like a woman gave birth to a child, God brought out Jesus Christ from Himself.

Jesus Christ has always been one with His Father until God separated Him just as a baby is separated from the mother by coming out of her womb.

During His last prayers, Jesus Christ asked God to glorify Him with His (God's) own self with the glory He had before the world was created. Although Jesus Christ came out directly from God, He is still one with God.

He said "I and my Father are one.

Share your thoughts on this.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by sholay2011(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
Interesting.

Also, acknowledging the Sonship of Jesus is at the same time acknowledging the Fatherhood of God. Which was one of the reasons the Pharisees etc. hated Jesus.

And this is the greatest revelation in the bible: JESUS AS THE SON OF GOD. The whole bible is actually about Him. The church is founded on this revelation. This is the revelation you must get to partake in the greatest miracle to happen to man (salvation).

Jesus was once the only begotten Son of the Father. But through Him, we can and have become begotten sons. He is now the first begotten Son, not the only (1 Peter 1:3).
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
sholay2011:
Interesting.

Also, acknowledging the Sonship of Jesus is at the same time acknowledging the Fatherhood of God. Which was one of the reasons the Pharisees etc. hated Jesus.

And this is the greatest revelation in the bible: JESUS AS THE SON OF GOD. The whole bible is actually about Him. The church is founded on this revelation. This is the revelation you must get to partake in the greatest miracle to happen to man (salvation).

Jesus was once the only begotten Son of the Father. But through Him, we can and have become begotten sons. He is now the first begotten Son, not the only (1 Peter 1:3).

Ok.

Thank you Sir.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by Steep: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
The term " father, Son and holy Spirit" used to describe the first, second and third persons of the God head refers to their relationship and roles.
Just as light can exist in different colors.

Person of the father is the source, the Son is the means and the holy spirit is what enables it.

A Son is an extention of the father. The Son exercises the power, glory and majesty of the father.

The relationship between the first and the second person of the Trinity is that of a father to a begotten Son not because the Son was created or he is less than the father simply how they relate.

Is God not a spirit? Why is the holy spirit called the spirit of God ( God is a spirit)?
Simple, same reason the father is called father and the Son ,called Son.
The third person is called the spirit. It is because of his relationship and role.
You can't call the holy spirit the Son of God nor the father because that is not how he relate or act.

So in summary, The father ordain, conceives and appoint things , the Son brings speak those things out, the holy spirit energizes those things and cause it to manifest.

The term father , Son and holy spirit also tells us how God's love flows.
Love flows from the Father, manifest in the Son, and sealed by the Holy ghost on believers .
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by NuclearReactor: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
7victor great insight... If i may ask whats the difference between Jesus- The Son of God and any other true christian who the bible acknowledges is a "A Son of God" In other words what's the difference between Jesus- A begotten Son and every other christian who is also a son of God
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by uthlaw: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ena still de call am God too...this people de confused tomuch!
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by haekymbahd(m): 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2022
7victor:

After He healed the man who was born blind, He asked the man whether he believed in the Son of God. When the man asked who was the Son of God, Jesus Christ confirmed He was the one.

Even Apostle Peter acknowledged before Jesus Christ that he and other disciples believed that Jesus Christ was the Son of God.

Son of God does not mean that God had intercourse with Mary in order to born Jesus Christ, as one religion like insinuating.

As Christians, we know that Jesus Christ has been the Son of God before He was born on the Earth.

He existed with God His Father before the world was created. He was the Son of God before the world was created.

As in, God spoke whatever He wanted and it came into existence. That is what's called creation.

As for Jesus Christ, God brought Him out from His own self. That's what is called "Begotten"

Jesus Christ was begotten, but not created. Just like a woman gave birth to a child, God brought out Jesus Christ from Himself.

Jesus Christ has always been one with His Father until God separated Him just as a baby is separated from the mother by coming out of her womb.

During His last prayers, Jesus Christ asked God to glorify Him with His (God's) own self with the glory He had before the world was created. Although Jesus Christ came out directly from God, He is still one with God.

Maybe you explain why he also called himself son of Man

Both son of God and son of Man are both metaphorical....
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2022
NuclearReactor:
7victor great insight... If i may ask whats the difference between Jesus- The Son of God and any other true christian who the bible acknowledges is a "A Son of God" In other words what's the difference between Jesus- A begotten Son and every other christian who is also a son of God

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ is called the Son of God because he now abides in Jesus Christ.

Spiritually, he abides in Jesus Christ who is the only begotten Son of God.

Since he spiritually abides in Jesus Christ, he is called the Son of God because he is abiding in the Son of God.

Our beliefs have power. We abide in God simply by believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who is the saviour of the world.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by Janosky: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2022
7victor:

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is a creature.
God's first born of all Creation.
Christendom DUBIOUSLY put " OVER " in Colossians 1:15, the word "OVER" is NOT in any Greek manuscript.

Romans 11:35-36, Jesus Christ came through his Father.

Colossians 1:15 & Romans 11:35-36 proven Christendom's fraud of "not Created
."
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2022
haekymbahd:
Maybe you explain why he also called himself son of Man

Both son of God and son of Man are both metaphorical....

The thing is that the Israelites believe that the judge of the world must be a man and the saviour must be God Himself.

In order to get a saviour who is also a judge, the person must be a God and a man.

That is why Jesus Christ was born through a human being while still retaining His God nature.

So He was both the Son of man (so that He can judge the world) and the Son of God so that He can save the world.

He is the Son of man because He came through man. God gave Him authority to judge the world because He is the Son of man.

1 Tim 3:16, Apostle Paul wrote that God was manifest in the flesh. That is: God came as a human being.

So He was both the only begotten Son of God and the Son of man.

Also, so many times, Jesus Christ was called God and the Son of God. He accepted it because He knew that is who He is.

Thomas called Him "my Lord and my God"

Nathanael called Him "The Son of God, the king of Israel"

In 1 Tim 3:16, Apostle Paul wrote that God was manifest in the flesh.

So Jesus Christ was God who came in the flesh as a human being.

If Thomas, John and every apostle who were with Him, called Him God, who am I to say otherwise?

How can someone come 2000 years later to say He is not God?

It's like someone coming 2000 years from today to say that Jonathan was never a president in Nigeria.

It is better to believe those who lived when Jonathan was the president rather than believe someone who is arguing over what happened 2000 years before he was born.

So I would rather believe the apostles who lived when Jesus Christ lived, rather than believe someone who come many years later to argue on something he doesn't even know much about.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by Janosky: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2022
7victor:

The thing is that the Israelites believe that the judge of the world must be a man and the saviour must be God Himself.

In order to get a saviour who is also a judge, the person must be a God and a man.
Jesus Christ is not the God, his Father,John 5:37, na him talk am.
7victor:

That is why Jesus Christ was born through a human being while still retaining His God nature. .
Jesus retained his God nature yet has no idea of Matthew 24:36 grin cheesy grin
God wet no know Matthew 24:36 grin

Jesus Christ is not God. Never !!
7victor:

So He was both the Son of man (so that He can judge the world) and the Son of God so that He can save the world.

He is the Son of man because He came through man. God gave Him authority to judge the world because He is the Son of man.
Agreed.
7victor:

7victor post=111993540:

1 Tim 3:16, Apostle Paul wrote that God was manifest in the flesh. That is: God came as a human being.

So He was both the only begotten Son of God and the Son of man.

Also, so many times, Jesus Christ was called God and the Son of God. He accepted it because He knew that is who He is.

Thomas called Him "my Lord and my God"

Nathanael called Him "The Son of God, the king of Israel"

In 1 Tim 3:16, Apostle Paul wrote that God was manifest in the flesh.

So Jesus Christ was God who came in the flesh as a human being.

If Thomas, John and every apostle who were with Him, called Him God, who am I to say otherwise?

How can someone come 2000 years later to say He is not God?

It's like someone coming 2000 years from today to say that Jonathan was never a president in Nigeria.

It is better to believe those who lived when Jonathan was the president rather than believe someone who is arguing over what happened 2000 years before he was born.

So I would rather believe the apostles who lived when Jesus Christ lived, rather than believe someone who come many years later to argue on something he doesn't even know much about .

1 Timothy 3:16, Greek "Hos" (He/Who) is not Theos.
Your Trinity mentors DUBIOUSLY put "God" in verse 16 of 1 Timothy chapter 3.

John20:28 in all Bibles ends with exclamation sign (!),showing surprise when you say "oh my God!"
John 20:18-27, Thomas did not believe in Jesus resurrected until verse 28 when he touched Jesus Christ & exclaimed!

Did you read John 20:17?
Did Jesus Christ say Thomas referred to Jesus?

Definitely not.
John 20:17 Jesus Christ rebuked the false claim of Trinity devotees in verse 28
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by Wahala90: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2022
If Jesus na man, where the man sperm wen form Jesus.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 11:30am On Apr 16, 2022
Janosky:

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is a creature.
God's first born of all Creation.
Christendom DUBIOUSLY put " OVER " in Colossians 1:15, the word "OVER" is NOT in any Greek manuscript.

Romans 11:35-36, Jesus Christ came through his Father.

Colossians 1:15 & Romans 11:35-36 proven Christendom's fraud of "not Created
."

That verse you are quoting also says that Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God. It also says that by Jesus Christ all things were created.

It shows you that Jesus Christ is God because God is invisible and any time He makes Himself visible, He comes as Jesus Christ.

That's why He is called the image of the invisible God.

Image of something. You cannot see the something but you see it's image.

Also the verse says that by Jesus Christ were all things created.

It shows you that He is God because He created all things.

It is only God who can create. If it is acknowledged that He created all things, it shows He is God.

The thing is this, if I create somethings in my room. The knowledge to create those things is from God. The things I created are also the creation of God because God gave me the idea on how to create those things. Let's say I create some plates for my personal use. Those plates can say it's God who created them. And they are correct because God creates something through another thing.

If I create a car, I know everything about the car. If the car needs maintenance or any help, I am the one who will provide it. So to the car, I am God.

Infact, every intelligent being is a creator. As human beings, we have created so many things for our use.

The same thing is with Jesus Christ. Everything was created by Him and for Him. God created everything through him.

That was why even while on the Earth, Jesus Christ was able to create things like new eyes by using sand and His saliva.

Every intelligent being can create something according to his ability and wisdom. Everything so created is from God. But the Creator of all things is God the Father because the ability to design and create things is from God.

That is how Jesus Christ created all things.

There is an ancient belief that demiurge created all things. It used the Knowledge God gave him to create everything including human beings. It didn't know that there was a God somewhere who gave him the ability to create.

He thought he was the only one who existed before he created things. One day, God appeared to him and made him realize that it was He who gave him the ability to create all things.

He started worshipping God.

Even ancient people seem to realize that there was a being who created all things by the power and knowledge of God.

As Christians, we recognize that being (who created all things) as Jesus Christ. But it was by the power and wisdom of God, His Father.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by Janosky: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2022
7victor:

That verse you are quoting also says that Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God. It also says that by Jesus Christ all things were created.

It shows you that Jesus Christ is God because God is invisible and any time He makes Himself visible, He comes as Jesus Christ.

That's why He is called the image of the invisible God.

Image of something. You cannot see the something but you see it's image.

Also the verse says that by Jesus Christ were all things created.

It shows you that He is God because He created all things.

It is only God who can create. If it is acknowledged that He created all things, it shows He is God.

The thing is this, if I create somethings in my room. The knowledge to create those things is from God. The things I created are also the creation of God because God gave me the idea on how to create those things. Let's say I create some plates for my personal use. Those plates can say it's God who created them. And they are correct because God creates something through another thing.

If I create a car, I know everything about the car. If the car needs maintenance or any help, I am the one who will provide it. So to the car, I am God.

Infact, every intelligent being is a creator. As human beings, we have created so many things for our use.

The same thing is with Jesus Christ. Everything was created by Him and for Him. God created everything through him.

That was why even while on the Earth, Jesus Christ was able to create things like new eyes by using sand and His saliva.

Every intelligent being can create something according to his ability and wisdom. Everything so created is from God. But the Creator of all things is God the Father because the ability to design and create things is from God.

That is how Jesus Christ created all things.

There is an ancient belief that demiurge created all things. It used the Knowledge God gave him to create everything including human beings. It didn't know that there was a God somewhere who gave him the ability to create.

He thought he was the only one who existed before he created things. One day, God appeared to him and made him realize that it was He who gave him the ability to create all things.

He started worshipping God.

Even ancient people seem to realize that there was a being who created all things by the power and knowledge of God.

As Christians, we recognize that being (who created all things) as Jesus Christ. But it was by the power and wisdom of God, His Father.

Oga, Greek interlinear says "THROUGH" @Hebrews 1:2, God made the Universe THROUGH His Son"
@ Colossians 1:16,John 1:3,1 Corinthian 8:6.
Jesus Christ is not the Creator.
When you buy house through the Lawyer, Oga you are the buyer.
The Lawyer is a channel for the transaction.
Jesus Christ is a channel for Creation not the Creator his father & God,Hebrews 1:2 is not rocket science.

John 5:37, John 20:17, "God did not come as Jesus."
Oga, did God ascended to himself?
Thank you.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Janosky:

Jesus Christ is not the God, his Father,John 5:37, na him talk am.

Jesus retained his God nature yet has no idea of Matthew 24:36 grin cheesy grin
God wet no know Matthew 24:36 grin

Jesus Christ is not God. Never !!

Agreed.

1 Timothy 3:16, Greek "Hos" (He/Who) is not Theos.
Your Trinity mentors DUBIOUSLY put "God" in verse 16 of 1 Timothy chapter 3.

John20:28 in all Bibles ends with exclamation sign (!),showing surprise when you say "oh my God!"
John 20:18-27, Thomas did not believe in Jesus resurrected until verse 28 when he touched Jesus Christ & exclaimed!

Did you read John 20:17?
Did Jesus Christ say Thomas referred to Jesus?

Definitely not.
John 20:17 Jesus Christ rebuked the false claim of Trinity devotees in verse 28

You are a Jehovah witness. I am not surprised. The scripture has been around for nearly 2000 years.

One day, not up to 100 years ago, one man came and started changing some things written in the Bible.

He changed everything that shows that Jesus Christ is the Son of God/God. He did not believe that there is hell. He didn't believe in the immortality of the soul. He didn't believe in other things which the Bible affirms. So he changed and twisted the Bible to align with his unbeliefs.

He then formed it into a book which is now what Jehovah witness uses as their bible..

But your bible is adulterated. It is different from the Bible which has been in existence since and by which thousands of people throughout the centuries have been saved.

That your founder cannot come few years ago and be lying about something which has been in existence since the time of the Apostles.

There is a belief that he wanted to start a group which will be different from other Christians because he wanted a group just like there are Lutheran, Methodist, etc.

So he sat down in his room and began to go through the Bible changing things.

Infact, he is one of the few people on Earth who have falsely altered things in a large scale without any form of scholarship or research.

Infact, everyone who is a researcher knows that the man's book which he calls a " bible" is the most manipulative abuse of freedom.

He just sat down and change things so unashamedly without any research or scholarship.

It is such a shame.
Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by Janosky: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
7victor:

You are a Jehovah witness. I am not surprised. The scripture has been around for nearly 2000 years.

One day, not up to 100 years ago, one man came and started changing some things written in the Bible.

He changed everything that shows that Jesus Christ is the Son of God/God.

He then formed it into a book which is now what Jehovah witness uses as their bible..

But your bible is adulterated. It is different from the Bible which has been in existence since and by which thousands of people throughout the centuries have been saved.

That your founder cannot come few years ago and be lying about something which has been in existence since the time of the Apostles.

There is a belief that he wanted to start a group which will be different from other Christians because he wanted a group just like there are Lutheran, Methodist, etc.

So he sat down in his room and began to go through the Bible changing things.

Infact, he is one of the few people on Earth who have falsely altered things in a large scale without any form of scholarship or research.

Infact, everyone who is a researcher knows that the man's book which he calls a " bible" is the most manipulative abuse of freedom.

He just sat down and change things so unashamedly without any research or scholarship.

It is such a shame.
Oga,you are typing gibberish & exposing your ignorance.

Greek Theo's mean "a god /God."
The same thing in John 1:1 of new world translation & Emphatic Diaglott & 14 other Bibles is the same thing in your own Bible at Acts 12:22-23.

Those 15 Bibles gave the correct translations of John 1:1.
Oga, go & learn, I have given you 2 examples to help you.

Stop deceiving yourself.

Re: What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? by 7victor(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Janosky:

Oga,you are typing gibberish & exposing your ignorance.

Greek Theo's mean "a god /God."
The same thing in John 1:1 of new world translation & Emphatic Diaglott & 14 other Bibles is the same thing in your own Bible at Acts 12:22-23.

Those 15 Bibles gave the correct translations of John 1:1.
Oga, go & learn, I have given you 2 examples to help you.

Stop deceiving yourself.

It is you and Jehovah witness that are deceived.

Just browse Jehovah witness in goggle and read what they will say.

Goggle says that Jehovah witness is full of doctrinal inconsistencies and reversals.

If they admit something today, tommorow, they will change it in their bible to conform to a new idea.

Everything is just the idea of the founder and the leadership.

You don't care for the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Three Reasons Christian Lawmakers Should Support And ,"anti Blasphemy" law / Bishop David Oyedepo: If They Don't Die, I'm Not Sent| Fulani Armed Bandits / Pastor David Abioye Tells Christians Vote For People Who Care For Other Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.