Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel (548 Views)

Singaporean Woman Faces Death In China For Transporting Drugs For Nigeria Man / Taxi Drivers Arrested For Gang-raping A Girl In Bayelsa State - Picture / Uber Drivers Arrested For Robbing Women At Night In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by OdogwuBlog: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2022
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), has arrested eight tanker drivers for allegedly lifting and transporting suspected illegally refined diesel out of Rivers.

The NSCDC Commandant in Rivers, Abu Tambuwal said this in a statement issued by the command’s spokesman, DSC Olufemi Ayodele on Friday in Port Harcourt.

Tambuwal said the suspects used forged documents to distribute adulterated petroleum products to motorists across the country before they were apprehended. Daily Prayers

“The trucks were intercepted while on transit out of Rivers with petroleum products suspected to be illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil (diesel).

“The suspects and their trucks were impounded along Mbiama, a border town between Bayelsa and Delta states.

“Preliminary investigation reveals the suspects presented fake documents that enabled them to beat several security checkpoints along the road.

“They succeeded until they were apprehended by the Anti-vandal Squad of NSCDC Rivers Command,” he said.

Tambuwal said the arrests and seizures were made possible following a tip-off that led to the trailing of the suspects and trucks for over three weeks.

He alleged that the suspects used an already executed Court Auction Order to move trucks loaded with illegally refined petroleum products.

“We will not relent in our commitment to rid the state of all acts of illegal dealings in petroleum products, including oil theft and illegal oil bunkering.

“Operatives have been deployed across all 23 Local Government Areas of the state, and so, it will no longer be business as usual,” he said.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/15/8-tanker-drivers-arrested-for-transporting-fake-diesel/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by airminem(f): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2022
shocked
Re: 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2022
Arrest the feminist join.
Re: 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by cherishmichael: 8:15am On Apr 16, 2022
Okay.
Re: 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by LeoDeKing: 8:23am On Apr 16, 2022
The moment I saw "fake", I knew where the criminals are most likely to come from and I'm not disappointed. angry

2 Likes

Re: 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by Waakanda: 9:01am On Apr 16, 2022
Good
Re: 8 Tanker Drivers Arrested For Transporting Fake Diesel by 1868ooe: 5:34am On Apr 17, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
The moment I saw "fake", I knew where the criminals are most likely to come from and I'm not disappointed. angry
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

The Widow Accused Of Being A Witch In Abia Is Currently Recovering In New Video / Nigerians Are Blaming Igbos For The Dubai Ban On Nigerians Below 40 / Police Kill Wanted Notorious Terrorists, Abu Na-iraqi And Abu Na-masari In Katsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.