Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec (714 Views)

Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Video Sets New Nigerian Internet Records / 2023: Osinbajo’s Presidential Posters Flood Osun / Buhari Fires 35 Aides In Osinbajo’s Office - Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by FuckOsuPigs: 10:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
A United States-based Nigerian social critic, Prof Farooq Kperogi, says Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s presidential declaration speech contained “two barefaced lies.”

Earlier on Monday, Osinbajo, a senior pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God in a short broadcast shared via his Twitter handle said that he would want to succeed his principal, Muhammadu Buhari and complete all that the All Progressives Congress government started seven years ago.

“In the past seven years, I have served as Vice President under a true Nigerian patriot, a servant of the nation in war and peace, and a man of integrity, President Muhammadu Buhari.

“We have, together, worked through some of the most difficult times in the history of our Nation, but we have remained focused on securing the country, providing infrastructure and growing our economy,” he had said.

In a lengthy article via his social media page on Monday, Kperogi, a professor of Journalism and Emerging Media at Kennesaw State University in Georgia said Osinbajo “is a compulsively narrow-minded, intolerant, Christian fanatic who nurses a noxious, deep-rooted loathing for Muslims.”

He added, “Yemi Osinbajo’s underwhelming, grammatically error-ridden, self-sabotaging presidential declaration speech contains two barefaced lies.
“The first major lie is his claim that he has “been to practically all local governments in Nigeria.” The lie is too self-evident to need further elucidation from me.

“But the second major lie, which concerns me more than the first, is his claim that he wants a Nigeria “where the man from Nnewi sees the man in Gusau as his brother, where the woman in Warri sees the woman in Jalingo as her sister, where the love of our nation burns alike in the hearts of boys and girls from Gboko to Yenogoa. Where everywhere in this land is home for everyone, where our diversities, tribes [sic] and faiths unite, rather than divide us.”

“Let us examine his own record as Vice President. As I have repeatedly pointed out in the past few weeks, Osinbajo is a compulsively narrow-minded, intolerant, Christian fanatic who nurses a noxious, deep-rooted loathing for Muslims (and, frankly, other Christian sects] and who sees his being in government as an opportunity to promote the supremacy of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), which I have characterised as his RCCGification project

“So, let’s start. Although every political position he has ever occupied in life has been facilitated by Yoruba Muslims (i.e., Prince Bola Ajibola and Bola Tinubu), every consequential position he has had an opportunity to facilitate was given to an RCCG member. In 2015, when he was given an opportunity to nominate a minister, he presented Okechukwu Enelamah, an RCCG pastor, who became Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment until 2019.

“His spokesperson, Laolu Akande, was an RCCG pastor in New York. Like many RCCG pastors in the US, he relocated to Nigeria to feed fat on the Pentecostal paradise that Osinbajo has created for his kind. I’ve learned that Akande’s parish in New York has now closed.

“As Vice President, Osinbajo is in charge of the economy, and all the major appointments he has influenced in government agencies under the economy have been given to RCCG pastors. For example, when he was asked to nominate a chairman for the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), he nominated Babatunde Fowler, an RCCG pastor.

“How about the Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)? You guessed right; another RCCG pastor by the name of Alex Ayoola Okoh.

“When it came time to appoint someone to be MD and CEO of Nigeria's Bank of Industry (BOI), guess again who Osinbajo nominated. Yep, another RCCG pastor by the name of Olukayode Pitan who has turned the BOI into an RCCG church. I’ve been given a dossier of the happenings there and will share them at the appropriate time.

“His RCCGification isn’t limited to government appointments. He also parlays his symbolic currency as VP into an opportunity to put RCCG members as university vice chancellors and traditional rulers in Yorubaland. There’s currently tension in Ogbomoso because Osinbajo influenced the imposition of an RCCG pastor by the name of Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye as the new Soun of Ogbomoso. Olaoye is an RCCG pastor in Maryland, USA.

“And Osinbajo has been accused of hatching another plot to impose an RCCG pastor as the Akinrun of Ikirun, a historic Muslim town in Osun State. Although I don’t think there’s any credibility to this accusation, it nonetheless resonates in Muslim Yorubaland because it fits the pattern of Osinbajo’s RCCGification efforts in the region.

“The list of RCCG pastors Osinbajo has caused to be appointed into government is deep, long, and wide. Almost without exception, every opportunity Osinbajo has had to appoint someone to a consequential position, he has unfailingly given it to an RCCG pastor.

“That was precisely what he meant when, according to the Vanguard, he told Apostolic Christian leaders in Lagos on Nov. 4, 2016, that his vice presidency “is our [i.e., Christian leaders’] first opportunity. This is our first shot at it. We need to maximise it and do the best we can. I think what my nomination and appointment have done is that it has open [sic] the door for us. We can do it and we can be influential in doing it.”

“Yet this vile, shameless, emotionally stunted bigot has the gall to barefacedly lie to Nigerians that he wants a Nigeria “where our diversities, tribes [sic] and faiths unite, rather than divide us.” No, he doesn’t. He wants to establish a Pentecostal RCCG republic. If that’s what Nigerians want, good luck.”

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/11/us-professor-farooq-kperogi-reveals-%E2%80%98major-lies%E2%80%99-osinbajo%E2%80%99s-presidential-declaration

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by BERNIMOORE: 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
The name is not worth calling... Talk less of the rubbish he wrote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by FuckOsuPigs: 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
BERNIMOORE:

Will you say the same for his teeming followers in the north? The name may not be worth calling to you. How about the average educated northerner who sees him as an oracle?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Kdon2: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
BERNIMOORE:

Thank you
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Kdon2: 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/11/us-professor-farooq-kperogi-reveals-%E2%80%98major-lies%E2%80%99-osinbajo%E2%80%99s-presidential-declaration

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

Useless pig! He said he is peregi. Peregi ofo!

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Kdon2: 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

Will you say the same for his teeming followers in the north? The name may not be worth calling to you. How about the average educated northerner who sees him as an oracle?

You mean average half educated illiterate from the north that can't define their future themselves!
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by PlayerMeji: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
Farouk lost my respect when he began to champion the MURIC guy's cause of Osinbajo Christianization something he knew was not true for Yoruba man like Osinbajo.

I say this without regrets, it is only Yoruba people who do not have any strict religious affinity either to Islam or Christianity. We are neither here nor there when it comes to religion.

My best friend is a Muslim and I am a Christian. In fact, I am rooting for Bola Tinubu, a Muslim and not Osinbajo who is a Christian. That's how religion does not influence most of our decisions in the South West and we love it as such.

Though, I have expressed certain views against Muslims here once in a while but it does define my overall opinion about most Muslims I have met in real life.

So for Farouk to bring his focus on religious intolerance as a case for Osinbajo, I am more than disappointed, it shows that he is being sponsored against Osinbajo one way or another.

If what Osinbajo has down is criminal what has Buhari not done?

Buhari has singlehandedly handed NNPC to the North and I mean core North...

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by slivertongue: 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
BERNIMOORE:

Osibanjo was wrong to have claimed he touched all LGA's. He is wrong to have favoured mainly his denomination & religion. Others churches & religions may abandon him to his denomination to elect him. His handlers should becareful how they join issues with the public because the facts are there for the public to interrogate.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Ussycool: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
BUNCH OF LIERS. E NO GO BETTER FOR NIGERIA POLITICIANS
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Amerengues2: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2022
Ussycool:
BUNCH OF LIERS. E NO GO BETTER FOR NIGERIA POLITICIANS

Farooq Koerogi is an unrepentant rabble-rouser who latches on every news just to show his pettiness and impishness. I have long lost the whit of respect (If it ever existed) I have for him because he conjures unverifiable news and rumours, foist it on Nigerians.

His claims are becoming questionable! He is another replica of Reno Omokri who always want to trend and catch cruise. Believe his articles at your peril. He has basically littered the public space with his critique; He never posts anything good in all his article.

True journalism espouse objectivity which is always at variance with his articles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Amerengues2: 12:11am On Apr 17, 2022
E
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by ArewaNorth: 1:37am On Apr 17, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Farouk lost my respect when he began to champion the MURIC guy's cause of Osinbajo Christianization something he knew was not true for Yoruba man like Osinbajo.

I say this without regrets, it is only Yoruba people who do not have any strict religious affinity either to Islam or Christianity. We are neither here nor there when it comes to religion.

My best friend is a Muslim and I am a Christian. In fact, I am rooting for Bola Tinubu, a Muslim and not Osinbajo who is a Christian. That's how religion does not influence most of our decisions in the South West and we love it as such.

Though, I have expressed certain views against Muslims here once in a while but it does define my overall opinion about most Muslims I have met in real life.

So for Farouk to bring his focus on religious intolerance as a case for Osinbajo, I am more than disappointed, it shows that he is being sponsored against Osinbajo one way or another.

I like the sense of religious tolerance in SW but u need to remember that Kperogi has done more aspersions on Buhari than any other person in Nigerian politics. I know Kperogis as a core supporter of PDP since his days as columnist with "Weekly Trust", Note from Atalanta.
He accused Buhari of being religious bigot while nobody has the gut to show who is Bihari's Imam, which mosque he attends or religious program he participated or contributed that make him religious. Buhari is ordinary Muslim with no any religious affiliation or concert to religion but many people believed Kperogi's aspersions about him. Osinbajo declared his interest to rule this Nation and he has to be ready to be painted black with all manner of aspersions, this is how dirty politics is.
When Tinubu said he is ready to fight dirty to achieve his ambition some people who are ignorant of politics said nonsense abt his comment not knowing that he meant this kind of aspersions.
However, Osinbajo is honestly guilty for most appointments Farouq accused him of, he allowed religious leaders interfere in his office affairs. Almost all those Northern Muslims in his office claimed are appointed by him is a bloody lie; it is obvious that all of them are appointed by President to his office while those that are alleged to have been given appointment by him are those that President asked him to nominate or he appointed at the absense of the President when he was in acting capacity. Unlike Osinbajo there are no religious leaders at all close to Buhari, in fact those who used to visit his office and tell him about the state of the Nation were later denied access to the Presidency had their hotel rooms on a certain visit locked and never welcome again to Villa because his political associates don't want him to know the state of the Nation.

Lastly, NNPC board members are appointed based on geopolitical zones not just on tribe or religion www with one person each from zones of the country and representatives of Ministry of Finance and Petroleum that make up the board.
Check the background of the following members:

NNPC BOARD
1. Sen. Margery C. Okadigbo
Chairman, Board of Directors
2. Dr. Nasir Sani-Gwarzo
​Permanent Secretary Federal Ministry of Petroleum (Member)
3. Mr. Ahmed Aliyu
​Permanent Secretary Federal Ministry of Finance (Member)
4. Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari
​Chief Executive Officer
NNPC Ltd. (Member)
5. Mr. Umar Ajiya
Chief Financial Officer,
NNPC Ltd. (Member)
6. Chief Pius O. Akinyelure
NNPC Ltd. (Member)
7. Engr. Henry Ikem-Obih
Member,
NNPC Board
8. Dr. Tajuddeen Umar
​Member,
​NNPC Board
9. Mallam Mohammed Lawal
Member,
NNPC Board
10. Mrs Lami Onayi Ahmed
Member,
NNPC Board
11. Barr. Constance Onukwugha
Member,
NNPC Board
12. Mrs Hadiza Coomassie
Company Secretary

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by TheRareGem1(f): 4:45am On Apr 17, 2022
This paid fifth columnist that is far away telling us what's happening here. What a world
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by okefranci: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2022
Farooq why did you allow PDP and some enemy of Osinbajo to be using you
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by ChoCho54(f): 6:01am On Apr 17, 2022
Farooq just like Reno, love them or hate them, you can't take away investigate journalism from them.
They kill with facts, incontrovertible facts.

Osunbandes presidency was to the benefits of his redeem church members mostly.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Shooyie: 6:11am On Apr 17, 2022
Kperogi has definitely been paid to be showing these much obsession. He keeps picking on all that concerns the VP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by stonemasonn: 6:13am On Apr 17, 2022
This is just an attack on RCCG. I don't blame him though.
RCCG has been spreading its wings and feeling prideful lately, making the dominantly Sunni Muslim clan uncomfortable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by stonemasonn: 6:29am On Apr 17, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Osinbajo is just naïve(religious wise). Most Nigerians in position of power will give appointments to their click/group/fraternity/clan members. If Tinubu is VP, he'll appoint mainly his Lagos and Osun boys. The problem here is that RCCG is a religious (Christian) group with influential "so called pastors". Now it is obvious why Muslim ArewaNorth is suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by KUNZEH(m): 6:49am On Apr 17, 2022
Interesting
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Joylove2324(f): 6:55am On Apr 17, 2022
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Zeemam: 7:43am On Apr 17, 2022
please don't listen to Farooq, he's a clown
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Ultimas: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2022
I think there are some salient points in what he wrote.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by haslaw(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

You must be high on mkporu miri for you to think the religious bigot called Osinbajo Is loved by northerners.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by haslaw(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2022
PlayerMeji:

Farooq Kperogi gave you facts, dates and figures and all you could reply is that he is sentimental.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Toks2008(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2022
People should watch this guy so he won't take sniper when Osinbajo is Sworn in come 2023.

And toTINUBU supporters, if they are interested in winning just the primaries they should make Tinubu the flagbearer but if they are interested in winning the general election they should present osinbajo

Only an Osinbajo ticket will guaratee victory for APC.

Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by FuckOsuPigs: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2022
Toks2008:
People should watch this guy so he won't take sniper when Osinbajo is Sworn in come 2023.

And toTINUBU supporters, if they are interested in winning just the primaries they should make Tinubu the flagbearer but if they are interested in winning the general election they should present osinbajo

Only an Osinbajo ticket will guaratee victory for APC.

An Osinbajo without a political structure. You think vote mobilization is about internet and social media? 75% of those who vote do not have access to the internet. When was the last time you voted?

I have no problem with Osinbajo being president but I can tell you that if he's handed the ticket, APC would lose with a landslide.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Toks2008(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

An Osinbajo without a political structure. You think vote mobilization is about internet and social media? 75% of those who vote do not have access to the internet. When was the last time you voted?

I have no problem with Osinbajo being president but I can tell you that if he's handed the ticket, APC would lose with a landslide.

You are naive.

You need political structure to win primaries but you need the acceptance of the general electorates to win a general election.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by FuckOsuPigs: 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Toks2008:

You are naive.

You need political structure to win primaries but you need the acceptance of the general electorates to win a general election.

You also need a good political structure to win a presidential election in Nigeria. 50% 9f those who vote for you do not have direct opinion about you. The Nigerian voting population is still largely illiterate. You need mobilisers. Many people vote in a presidential election for candidates they believe is more accepted. How do you do you determine acceptance in case of people who do not have access to social media?

Go to the north (they have the largest voting population by the way) and tell me how many of them have access to internet or social media.

When this is all over, your eyes will clear and you will come back to this comment and confirm I said so.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by Toks2008(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

You also need a good political structure to win a presidential election in Nigeria. 50% 9f those who vote for you do not have direct opinion about you. The Nigerian voting population is still largely illiterate. You need mobilisers. Many people vote in a presidential election for candidates they believe is more accepted. How do you do you determine acceptance in case of people who do not have access to social media?

Go to the north (they have the largest voting population by the way) and tell me how many of them have access to internet or social media.

When this is all over, your eyes will clear and you will come back to this comment and confirm I said so.

Now i can understand you are still living in the past.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Reveals ‘major Lies’ In Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Speec by ArewaNorth: 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
stonemasonn:
Osinbajo is just naïve(religious wise). Most Nigerians in position of power will give appointments to their click/group/fraternity/clan members. If Tinubu is VP, he'll appoint mainly his Lagos and Osun boys. The problem here is that RCCG is a religious (Christian) group with influential "so called pastors". Now it is obvious why Muslim ArewaNorth is suspicious.

It is a strong and clear suspicion. Religion is the most sensitive tool in Nigeria's polity. For the North it's a Northernisation but for PYO is RCCGification.

(1) (Reply)

Number Of APC Delegates For Presidential Primary / Tinubu, Akande, Others To Break Fast With Buhari At Villa Tuesday / Ibom3000 Project By Akwa Ibom State Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.